Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That chapter loving owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Historia continues to own, Rod Reiss Titan is terrifying.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Historia is still godlike

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
For AoT, that feels like a wildly prompt resolution to a unique enemy titan situation.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
That was a Real Good Chapter

It might even be the Greatest Chapter if it finally exorcises Eren's demons and makes him a useful character again.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Can't help but see that. As long as this author keeps making such rad monster designs, I'mma stay on board this ship.

It's actually kinda impressive how they had a character say straight up, "the plots in the basement of this one house" and have consistently given valid reason as to why the main character hasn't just gone there yet. Fun stuff.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

EatinCake posted:

Can't help but see that. As long as this author keeps making such rad monster designs, I'mma stay on board this ship.

It's actually kinda impressive how they had a character say straight up, "the plots in the basement of this one house" and have consistently given valid reason as to why the main character hasn't just gone there yet. Fun stuff.

That guy still has his face, though.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I wasn't feeling the uprising arc, but god drat that's a nice ending.

Can't wait to see how Grisha fits into the bloodline mess. I didn't pick up on this the first read through, but if Grisha was a shifter when he fought Freida, then almost certainly he's come from outside the walls. Maybe even from the same village as our SL friends.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

^^ Grisha first injected himself with titan serum when he was about to kill the royal family.

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, jesus christ Rod, ewwwww.

It was a pretty short battle, yeah! No doubt will it be extended in the anime. I can't wait for anime Turkey Titan, hope they don't censor him too badly.

e: Historia is also awesome, but that's nothing new.

Terper fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 9, 2015

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Terper posted:

^^ Grisha first injected himself with titan serum when he was about to kill the royal family.

He stabbed himself with a scalpel. He was a shifter.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

In It For The Tank posted:

He stabbed himself with a scalpel. He was a shifter.

Oh, wow, I had completely missed that. Well never mind.

e: Eren had a nosebleed after seeing Mikasa. :haw:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Stuff happened!

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Terper posted:

Oh, wow, I had completely missed that. Well never mind.

e: Eren had a nosebleed after seeing Mikasa. :haw:

That's exactly what i thought when i read it the first time. Couldve sworn i saw him inject himself.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ew, you could see his giblets!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Nice chapter, but felkt a little rushed.

The fight was a big mess, I read to reread it a few times to understand what was going on

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Elias_Maluco posted:

Nice chapter, but felkt a little rushed.

The fight was a big mess, I read to reread it a few times to understand what was going on

I thought it was one of the most straightforward fights I've seen in manga.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah I don't really know where you can get lost in the fight

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah I don't really know where you can get lost in the fight

Well, after they exploded the titan everything got a little confusing

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Unsurprisingly, Historia still owns.

Surprisingly, that was a very straightforward battle and might be the first major battle where things don't go horribly wrong all the time.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
So what was with that surge of memories Historia got after she killed her dad, and did it affect her once she woke up and proclaimed herself the true ruler of the walls?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

So what was with that surge of memories Historia got after she killed her dad, and did it affect her once she woke up and proclaimed herself the true ruler of the walls?

That self-doubting internal monologue suggests she's still the same old Historia, even if she did just have an incapacitating psychic vision after she iced her dad.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Why do you guys keep saying how Historia owns? She literally did the exact same thing everyone else did, and then fell on her rear end into a convenient wagon full of hay. Plus it looks like she's gonna get taken over by her rear end in a top hat ancestor

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is this the first unequivocal win for the good guys in the entire comic?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

Why do you guys keep saying how Historia owns? She literally did the exact same thing everyone else did, and then fell on her rear end into a convenient wagon full of hay. Plus it looks like she's gonna get taken over by her rear end in a top hat ancestor

she's cooler then everyone else

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

We had a major, end of arc battle in which nobody died and things went mostly as planned. It is weird and makes me suspicious we'll see some kind of twist in the next chapter.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GimmickMan posted:

We had a major, end of arc battle in which nobody died and things went mostly as planned. It is weird and makes me suspicious we'll see some kind of twist in the next chapter.

Levi's gonna get shot. Just watch.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Squidster posted:

Well, that certainly is the most awful and horrifying Titan design we've seen yet.

The chapter did feel a little rushed - like it needed a few more pages to make that battle resolution clear.

This chapter did feel short- but I feel like this chapter was done not only in service to the story, but the anime too. This really feels like the season 2 anime ending.

I liked the contrast that Armin pointed out with the kids, about how far everyone has come. "Now there are soldiers on the walls defending it. And we are those soldiers."

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I liked the contrast that Armin pointed out with the kids, about how far everyone has come. "Now there are soldiers on the walls defending it. And we are those soldiers."
And the conclusion. Back then, the soldiers failed and Wall Maria fell. This time, they won and the inner city was spared.

Granted, those kids are totally having nightmares for the next month or so.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

AradoBalanga posted:

Granted, those kids are totally having nightmares for the next month or so.

Which they can tell their living moms about.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
This feels like the turning point for the story. They can plug the wall, the ruling elite are gone, and they can actively go about reclaiming lost land. Reclaiming the next wall will likely be the next arc, culminating in a showdown with Grape Ape and the changers. The basement will have evidence that they are trying to make weapons to fight the claymore people.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is truly unprecedented. Not a single soldier died during the fight.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

pointlessone posted:

This feels like the turning point for the story. They can plug the wall, the ruling elite are gone, and they can actively go about reclaiming lost land. Reclaiming the next wall will likely be the next arc, culminating in a showdown with Grape Ape and the changers. The basement will have evidence that they are trying to make weapons to fight the claymore people.

I always remember the author mentioning the ending was originally going to be dire as gently caress so I don't have high hopes for the long-term good fortune of anyone involved

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Fister Roboto posted:

I think Operation: Move the Damned Rock went without any fuckups.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Soulcleaver posted:

I think Operation: Move the Damned Rock went without any fuckups.

Eren attacked Mikasa, then knocked himself out and a lot of people died trying to protect him/buy time.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Levi's gonna get shot. Just watch.

Historia will punch him in the face, as per Dimo Reeve's suggestions. It will be a full-page shot. Maybe a spread.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Saagonsa posted:

Eren attacked Mikasa, then knocked himself out and a lot of people died trying to protect him/buy time.
Forgot about that. Need to reread the series again.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Yes, that was my favorite part of the chapter. I liked that this time there was both humanity and a Titan Shifter overpowering Mesquite Rubbed Titan.

But man, I nearly had a heart attack when Erwin ordered Levi, Jean, Sasha, and Connie to go to the same place. I was expecting a character to die in this fight, and that was 4 highly possible victims in one place, all positioned to be killed off at once.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They still might have died :spooky:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

How could she be? Dude's in Eren. Her dad never had the rear end in a top hat genes*, those were all his memories she saw.

*I mean, technically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I quit reading AOT when they were messing around with the revolution But man, it got pretty exciting again.