Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
(Swatting at clothing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I actually like that your PC talks to NPCs instead of just having them talk at you, but that sorta goes away after the starting zone. It seems like it came back a bit during Ice Wall but I haven't gotten past level 50 to see.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

why would they do this

how can she be chun li without giant-rear end thighs

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
It's really funny to me that it's even on their prerogative to re-design her sprite so slightly.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
To be fair Neckless Fighter always did bug me. She looked weird.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Think she'd leave herself vulnerable to neck snap?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

At what point do supposedly expensive classes like F Striker actually get expansive? I want to make one of those 'cos I like Monk so much, but not if I need something to feed it money just to level.

(ed: or should I try Weapon Master instead, for the same reason? Hm.)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 9, 2015

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
F Strikers shouldn't really have any problems with getting geared, so it wouldn't be a problem until you reach end game with them.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

At what point do supposedly expensive classes like F Striker actually get expansive? I want to make one of those 'cos I like Monk so much, but not if I need something to feed it money just to level.

(ed: or should I try Weapon Master instead, for the same reason? Hm.)

For normal dungeons? Probably never. Until ancients and OV comes out, there's no real good way to see how much you need to gear. Try getting to 55+ and try to run things on Ultimate. If you run into situations where dungeons take over 5+ minutes to boss rush or you're chugging mana pots like mad, that means your damage output is probably rear end.

Then again, gearing now is kind of stupid since there is no "good" gear. :v:

Also Halgi ring doesn't drop anymore so uhh... yeah.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

RIP in pieces you piece of poo poo ring.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

LornMarkus posted:

Hmm, I managed to get through the earlier bits just fine and got the Empress Seals I needed pretty cheap but getting another 42 Chaos Stone Debris and 92 Emperor Seals is gonna be rough. Any suggestions other than just getting together the cash for it? I've only got about 800,000 in liquid gold and that's gonna go quick.

I've decided to just awaken once I get the seals from drops. I'm almost level 55 and I'd still have to spend around 1.5m on seals even if I got free chaos stone debris from other goons. I don't remember it being this annoying in the past but I awakened by WM in the Nexon days probably 4-5 months before I awakened a 2nd character so I had tons of money and items to funnel over to them.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Apparently there is a repeating quest in Ghent that nets you 25 chaos stone debris every day at lvl 54.

I'm level 54 and don't have any Ghent quests available to me. Just an urgent one since I just finished death dragon. :saddowns:

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So uhhhh. Whats a good starter class? :confused:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DFO/comments/30y117/beginners_guide_choosing_a_class_and_importance/

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010

InfinityComplex posted:

RIP in pieces you piece of poo poo ring.

I am SO glad that loving ring is gone. Nothing should be that horribly strong, most of all not something near impossible to get that drove prices sky high.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Anonymous Robot posted:

It's really funny to me that it's even on their prerogative to re-design her sprite so slightly.

They'll have to slightly adjust hundreds of avatar sprites, as well.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

oh god why have I been playing on west instead of east, I'm so alone :argh:

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Dely Apple posted:

oh god why have I been playing on west instead of east, I'm so alone :argh:

There are a couple of us; learn to love soloing I guess.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm level 54 and don't have any Ghent quests available to me. Just an urgent one since I just finished death dragon. :saddowns:

It's actually at level 57, and honestly that daily is quite a pain in the rear end given that one of the items it asks for is dropped by an enemy who may or may not spawn (for me, usually doesn't).

I've done it once and it took us roughly 8 runs to get the fucker to spawn, after which my buddy and I decided we weren't going to waste the FP anymore.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'm cleaning out all the Feat quests on my Alpha Asura and came across this item. I wonder what its real name is.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Eddain posted:

I'm cleaning out all the Feat quests on my Alpha Asura and came across this item. I wonder what its real name is.

That is the real name. It's just a clunky translation; that phrase is a lot shorter in Korean.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Hellioning posted:

That is the real name. It's just a clunky translation; that phrase is a lot shorter in Korean.

Yeah, sickles possessed by the spirits of dead kings are household shorthand over there.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Current F.Fighter sprite looks kinda stubby and clashes with the rest of the characters, so I don't mind the redesign.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I hope they never fix the translation for the the two clunky as poo poo items in Meltdown.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

are F. Mechanics fun....tryin to make use of this unique autogun I found and I saw their 2nd awakening summons a gundam but I dunno how they stack up compared to the male.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
M. Mechanic specializes in dorky little toys that toddle along the ground, F. Mechanic gets a crazy transforming laser halo and, as you say, summons Gundams.

I mean I guess they could both be boring to play, but how is "which one?" even a question?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

M. Mechanic specializes in dorky little toys that toddle along the ground, F. Mechanic gets a crazy transforming laser halo and, as you say, summons Gundams.

I mean I guess they could both be boring to play, but how is "which one?" even a question?

Thank you.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
In fairness I think they get mostly the same skills, it's just a question of which ones get better versions and/or various passives that buff one set or the other.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Now now, lets keep things in perspective.

The M. Mech gets this as his awakening, so dont count him out.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

are F. Mechanics fun....tryin to make use of this unique autogun I found and I saw their 2nd awakening summons a gundam but I dunno how they stack up compared to the male.

F. Mechs are basically gimped Rangers until lvl 25, when they get their G-2 robot. Once you have that you can cycle through G-1 and G-2 to have permanent uptime on your G-series. G-1 Corona shoots faster if you spam the skill key, so if you're playing on gamepad and set the hotkey to turbo you can stunlock almost everything in the game. You can even carry them through the air since it shoots so fast, and while they're helpless you target Detonate your Landrunners and EZ robots at them for more damage.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Anonymous Robot posted:

I believe there's a big push for redesigning all the introductory characters to bring them in step with the more modern ones. Unless they've already done that.
Priest was the first big one and I think they changed gunner and slayer ever so slightly, or I may just be thinking about the costumes.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Now I also want to make a spitfire and a launcher and gently caress why does this game make me want to have a million alts

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
I've heard M Mech is stronger right now, and they look pretty fun with second awakening, so I made one of those, since everyone on KDNF seems to hate F mech.

M Mech is pretty lame at low levels but i'm starting to feel the potential at 45 - it's just a constant tidal wave of explosions flowing forth and falling from the sky.

The main thing that convinced me though is this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BhdC_ikHes, the second awakening at 75 which is a lot of work to get, but.. it's pretty neat - you get two little permanent drones replacing the useless helicopter dude that follows you around, and instead of having to crouch down to drop robots, they rapidly float around the screen and teleport in robots without you ever having to stop moving or even move to the target, while reducing cooldowns dramatically too. Then you've also got the drones airdropping from the sky and shooting out of the sparrow factory, and the constantly summoned turrets, and the essentially permanent tempester firing barrages of missiles, and the second awakening cube that teleports in and kicks a lot of rear end, and it adds up to a whole lot of robot spam and explosions.

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 9, 2015

Eddain
May 6, 2007
What the hell? Unannounced server maintenance?

DFO posted:

We will be performing a temporary maintenance, Apr 9, 2015, starting at 08:00(UTC), 01:00 (PDT). Maintenance is expected to last approximately three hours.

Maintenance notes

- Game channel restructure (Upper level channel increased/lower level channel reduced)
- Connection problem caused by character name change fixed
- Gold selling advertisement filtering function added
- Misspelling text fixed for Auction, character skills and items
- Crash while using certain skills with Legacy weapon has been fixed.

Thank you for your patience.

- Dungeon Fighter Online Support Team

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
https://www.facebook.com/dfoglobal/photos/a.491544004306383.1073741828.477239829070134/670087609785354/?type=1&theater

Well - what could this be? I haven't heard about anything like this from people talking about KDNF

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Wolpertinger posted:

https://www.facebook.com/dfoglobal/photos/a.491544004306383.1073741828.477239829070134/670087609785354/?type=1&theater

Well - what could this be? I haven't heard about anything like this from people talking about KDNF

Growth weapons are pretty standard at least in cdnf. They "level up" with you and their stats go up based on your level. Typically they come in events where you make a new character then get one as part of an event and it grows with up to level 67. Most cdnf events of that sort also give you a +10 - 11 ticket when you hit certain level goals, but I don't know if they will do that here.

The scythe I have here is one.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wolpertinger posted:

Just a growth weapon, you get a box in the mail and pick out a pink weapon. It scales with your level and caps at around the 60s.

Sometimes they combo that event with other stuff such as it not being able to break, getting a free +11 ticket, upgrading it for free.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Thanks for the breakdown of m vs f launcher everyone. Somehow nobody mentioned that F's second awakening is Storm Trooper though so that's a definite winner!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

but she can hit things, not shoot around targets

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is it actually worth reading the text on an alt.

How will you find out about magical electrolyte oceans and the greedy dwarves of moria if you dont?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Damned greedy dwarves dragging the black elves down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
Please rip their golden hearts and bring them to me, Dungeon Fighter.

• Locked thread