Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

InfinityComplex posted:

The main guild is Restraint, secondary guild is GamerGirls, our eventual tertiary guild will be :catdrugs:

Shove your main into Restraint and all your alts into GamerGirls and :catdrugs:

Speaking of, assuming I can't do it myself, my alt in Restraint is the F.Launcher Emsira. Feel free to toss her over into GamerGirls to make room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007

LornMarkus posted:

Speaking of, assuming I can't do it myself, my alt in Restraint is the F.Launcher Emsira. Feel free to toss her over into GamerGirls to make room.

You have to get kicked from Restraint (or manually leave the guild by clicking your own name in the Guild tab), then wait 3 days for the guild join restriction, and then request an invite into GamerGirls.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
I picked this up playing a Male Mage because they weren't around last time I played and have been having a blast, but when I tried playing a Priest it just feels extremely clunky getting in range of things to punch them instead of just shooting bullets everywhere. I used to play a Witch so all I ever did was jump around and spin forever, should I just stick to the Mages if I don't like how Priest feels or do the melee classes get better at actually making contact with enemies later on?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

sentrygun posted:

I picked this up playing a Male Mage because they weren't around last time I played and have been having a blast, but when I tried playing a Priest it just feels extremely clunky getting in range of things to punch them instead of just shooting bullets everywhere. I used to play a Witch so all I ever did was jump around and spin forever, should I just stick to the Mages if I don't like how Priest feels or do the melee classes get better at actually making contact with enemies later on?

It depends on the melee class. Monk gets dashing moves, Exo kinda has to run in, Avenger has a dash or something in devil form. If you like ranged combat though you could play a Gunner class.

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

TL Note: Keikaku means Moo
I need some help on this.

Does anyone know the proper skills for a Rogue? I've been mostly winging it on things except for Hurricane, Chainsaw, Hit End, Bandit Cut, Shining Cut, Lightning Arrow and Vertical Spiral. I have no idea what's recommended because people barely play Rogue.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

NTRKouhai posted:

Does anyone know the proper skills for a Rogue? I've been mostly winging it on things except for Hurricane, Chainsaw, Hit End, Bandit Cut, Shining Cut, Lightning Arrow and Vertical Spiral. I have no idea what's recommended because people barely play Rogue.

That's about what I run with myself. Focus mostly on Hurricane and Chainsaw because those provide some Super Armor, use Shining Cut for quick damage and mobility, Rising Cut for some juggling and Bandit Cut for quick bursts of damage.

Mostly what it comes down to is being able to execute on rapid flurries of attacks, juggle enemies when necessary and adapt your tactics against enemies with Super Armor (read: attack them at an angle with Hurricane, or hit and run with stuff like Shining Cut).

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

sentrygun posted:

They all do, yes. Monk has tons of dashes and long-distance punches, as well as methods of vacuuming in enemies into your combos. Crusader has ranged attacks some of which can also immobilize. Physical exorcist has MASSIVE area of effects on all his melee attacks, using a gigantic axe, as well as being able to throw his massive axe and make it spin on the target, keeping them totally hitstunned and pulling them slightly towards you over several seconds. Magical Exorcist has ranged seals and gigantic area of effect circles that can cover essentially the entire room. Avenger can turn into a giant rolling sonic the hedgehog style buzzsaw and crash through the room, carrying everything with him, grab enemies, boost his movespeed, and can dramatically enhance the range of his attacks with devil strike, not that scythe attacks are particularly short range, and can murder things on the Y axis with Thorns, which hits like a truck.

Only base priest and perhaps very early level monk and crusader really has any issues with scooping up enemies to massacre all at once. Most of his classes probably end up noticeably stronger than male mage's Ele Bomber currently - They're revamping ele bomber, but it'll take a while for it to actually hit us. Crusader probably ends up the weakest as far as actual just pure killing power goes, but his support spells make him god tier anyway.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yeah, I know it had no bearing on how they'll be later, but as a new guy Priest felt like a bit of a slog to get to 15 (thinking of going Exorcist). Meanwhile after getting him there I made a F.Fighter and a Slayer and just tore my way through to 15 in far less time for each. Now I gotta decide what to make them. Probably Weapon Master for the Slayer, but I dunno what to do with the F.Fighter. Leaning towards Nen Master for the crazy super-hadouken stuff from the video or Grappler because the art shows her holding a Luchadore Mask, plus suplexing and piledriving poo poo is awesome.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

NTRKouhai posted:

Build combo points with X + Bandit Cut, X + Chainsaw (only hold if you relly want the launcher, tapping gets you a quick combo point) and X + Rising + aerial X + Diving Arrow for 3 COMBO POINTS EVERY 6 SECONDS BEST DEAL. The only mandatory skills to max are your cubes and hit end dumps, rest is up to preference. Transformation: Molting is a neat 1 point cya shitlords escape, Breaking Rush can cancel out of skills and has iframes, Slicer nets you a combo point off of a dash attack. Rest is probably obvious.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNkka2bO7G8

quote:

We hope you have enjoyed DFO so far. However, this weekend will be the last days for OBT Part I. we have been quite moved by your support not only by playing the game but also by participating in the community such as Facebook with all your passion. You are ultimate gamers and fans.
Without new incoming players, it is impossible to maintain the service. Without your sincere support, it is impossible to hold the Open Beta Part 2. Without your spontaneous viral, DFO is impossible to be alive in this digital world.
Therefore, this is the last chance to bring those who still have not had a chance to experience DFO. Bring your friends, bring your family, and bring your animals (?). Let them join and feel the legend.
Be the ones who make legend come alive!
Unleash your desire!
As a token of gift, Neople presents OBT Part 2 promo clip. This is meant to be revealed as OBT Part 2 starts but we are showing you this beforehand. If you share this video more than 4,000 times, we will let you experience an avatar set as OBT Part 2 starts with very cheap rate of gold, not real cash.
If we still have enough support of yours, we can have more chances to bring you OBT Part 2.
Thank you so much.

https://www.facebook.com/dfoglobal/posts/670780559716059

e: Don't read into the doom and gloom tone, It's a language barrier thing. They're actually trying to get us hype. "You're awesome and made this possible also bring your friends"

Kild fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Apr 10, 2015

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
It's not too late to join and feel the legend.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

You can share to "only me"

I am crushing the Korean dream sorry

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Isn't OBT2 supposed to be immediately after OBT1?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Kylra posted:

Isn't OBT2 supposed to be immediately after OBT1?

I think they said unless we were told otherwise, basically yeah. I'm assuming OBT2 will open more or less immediately with the girlyknight patch, and then i can finally have a class even more degenerate than summoner

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Luceid posted:

I think they said unless we were told otherwise, basically yeah. I'm assuming OBT2 will open more or less immediately with the girlyknight patch, and then i can finally have a class even more degenerate than summoner

which one is that? i need to know who doesn't deserve crusader buffs.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Chaos probably, since it summons a bunch of poo poo on screen and actually does insane damage. Unless he means prancing about on a pony like the elven knight.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Basically you get items to keep the weapon permanently. Typically you can also use them to upgrade them.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kild posted:

e: Don't read into the doom and gloom tone, It's a language barrier thing. They're actually trying to get us hype. "You're awesome and made this possible also bring your friends"

Weren't we already supposed to be getting free CERA? Are we getting this on top of that?

Yknow, I went and looked through the stuff of the Knight's subclasses.

Is it odd that Chaos' actual attacks look way more fun to me than anything Elven Knight has? It doesn't look like it's plausible to just use those, though.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 10, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Supremezero posted:

Weren't we already supposed to be getting free CERA? Are we getting this on top of that?

Yknow, I went and looked through the stuff of the Knight's subclasses.

Is it odd that Chaos' actual attacks look way more fun to me than anything Elven Knight has? It doesn't look like it's plausible to just use those, though.

Yes of course.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kild posted:

Avatar items for a little gold instead of cashmoneys? :dance: Sweet.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Chaos probably, since it summons a bunch of poo poo on screen and actually does insane damage. Unless he means prancing about on a pony like the elven knight.

Man, are you implying summoners don't do insane damage? Because do I have some news for you.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I played this last time it was up and had a pretty decent time. Played a Rogue and loved dashing around slicing dudes up. However all the skills and such started getting clunky for me. I've never been part of the PC gaming master race, I pretty much need a controller. Does this game have XBox controller support? Sorry if this was a dumb question, the only game I've played on PC was WoW years back.

Also, is there any word on when the korean classes are coming? Shadow Dancer sounds extremely like my poo poo.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Controllers or at least xinput is not officially supported, so you'll need Xpadder (the older free versions work, I think?) for the bindings but other than that it works fine.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Has there been any word on what Danjin Coins will be spent on in the second half of beta? I bought one vault upgrade for my main but haven't spent any more, it's been enough for what little packratting I do. Not sure if I should upgrade it a bit more or just hold off until whatever they can be spent on later appears.

Rough Lobster posted:

I played this last time it was up and had a pretty decent time. Played a Rogue and loved dashing around slicing dudes up. However all the skills and such started getting clunky for me. I've never been part of the PC gaming master race, I pretty much need a controller. Does this game have XBox controller support? Sorry if this was a dumb question, the only game I've played on PC was WoW years back.

Also, is there any word on when the korean classes are coming? Shadow Dancer sounds extremely like my poo poo.

The direct controller support sucks, but Xpadder does the job just fine if you fiddle with it a bit. There's also a way to map an "extra" set of hotkeys by setting one button to bring up an alternate setup when its held down, for those classes that use a ton of skills.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah, thats what I've been doing, based on my experience using a gamepad in FF14, Trigger Buttons + A/B/X/Y to do different commands. Unfortunately I'm using a thing called GlovePIE and I think I need to ditch it for Xpadder because it doesn't register the analog sticks as potential inputs (so I can't use it to flick the right stick up/down/left/right to use stuff) and some of the trigger+Button commands aren't registering for some reason.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Rough Lobster posted:

We're supposed to be getting Knight and her two subs soon, but other than that I can't find anything.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Put in apps for Reshlan and AdmiralSatan into Gamergirls, if there's still room.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
On Rogue talk: Rogue is a really fun class to play and I wouldn't let people balking at them to stop anyone from playing it. The biggest thing Rogues suffer from late game is super-armor grab-immune bosses that you can't juggle and have to resort to hit-and-run tactics to kill until you just get overpowering levels of gear. Our damage is also comparatively anemic without incredible levels of gear for Anton, but honestly by the time we get Anton and you hit max level we'll probably see changes to the class anyways. If you learn how to change your playstyle when you're in a group so you're not air juggling everything away from your party, groups tend to love you.

The best thing about Rogue and the rest of her archetype (Monk, Striker, Ranger, Battlemage, Elven Knight) to varying degrees is that their mechanical ceiling is way higher than others classes, so you can actually put work into your execution and get better at the class. Most are characterized by poor midgame damage since most of them are pure % based, but +6-8 purple weapons, and even pink weapons, are dirt cheap on the AH up until 55 or so especially Rogue since we don't have the other two Thief classes. The growing weapon event in OBT2 is also a really good chance to sink your teeth into one of these classes without having to worry about the gear requirements.

Opinionated side-note for Rogues: Twin Swords are garbage later on, use and love Daggers. Twin Swords used to be the go-to weapon for PvE Rogues, but the Dagger Mastery bonuses are insane now and one of Rogue's biggest mobility tools, Shining Spark, is tied to it. Not only does it let you use it 4 times (enough to clear an entire room's distance), but being able to cancel out of a skill into Shining/Sword Dance is invaluable. Dagger Mastery also turns Sword Dance into a very good movement/AoE ability (becomes invaluable when you get to Ghent/Ultimate Road) and lets you retain 2 contact points when you Hit End off of Hurricane. Comparatively, Twin Swords adds a mostly-useless bleed effect to your moves, charge a bunch of high CD moves, and increases the hitbox on a couple moves. :woop: Twin Swords is mostly useful in that weird 35-40 range where you don't have Death Hurricane yet, but are feeling the crunch for heavy AoE damage, and charged Vertical Spiral is a great crutch until you can poo poo daggers over everything.

Zagposting fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 10, 2015

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Big Mad Drongo posted:

The direct controller support sucks, but Xpadder does the job just fine if you fiddle with it a bit. There's also a way to map an "extra" set of hotkeys by setting one button to bring up an alternate setup when its held down, for those classes that use a ton of skills.

I just grabbed Xpadder 5.7 and am trying to configure it. How do you do this? Nvm, figured it out.

Is there a way to get the game to stop registering the 360 Dpad as movement input?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 10, 2015

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I just grabbed Xpadder 5.7 and am trying to configure it. How do you do this?

Also, is there a way to get the game to stop registering the 360 Dpad as movement input?

Arzachel posted:

Through Xpadder, select a button->Advanced->Set Selector-> Set 2 while held

This is on the paid version, but it should be similar. Either don't bind movement in Xpadder or only plug in your pad after launching the game.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Thank you.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I just grabbed Xpadder 5.7 and am trying to configure it. How do you do this? Nvm, figured it out.

Is there a way to get the game to stop registering the 360 Dpad as movement input?

re-bind movement off of the arrow keys. I had the numpad recommended to me.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Supremezero posted:

She only has like 3 or 4 "attacks" and they still do things with her minions. Please don't play a no minion chaos you will hate yourself.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So, uh, any suggestions on what to do if DFO isn't reading Xpadder even when I R.Click > Run as Administrator on Xpadder like the OP suggests? Sorry for the hassle. :shobon:

Nevermind, apparently Xpadder wasn't actually closing, just minimizing to the tray when I X'd it out previously. :downs:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
For this Growing Weapon, is it a one per account thing, or can you get one for all of your characters? If it's all, how feasible is to get the 100 Dragon Tears for multiple characters? I want to grab ones for at least Rogue, Knight, and F. Fighter, if I can.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Schubalts posted:

For this Growing Weapon, is it a one per account thing, or can you get one for all of your characters? If it's all, how feasible is to get the 100 Dragon Tears for multiple characters? I want to grab ones for at least Rogue, Knight, and F. Fighter, if I can.
I really doubt there are multiple per account, but I would love to be proven wrong, because this would make heavy percent classes much easier to level with.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Riftling posted:

On Rogue talk: Rogue is a really fun class to play and I wouldn't let people balking at them to stop anyone from playing it. The biggest thing Rogues suffer from late game is super-armor grab-immune bosses that you can't juggle and have to resort to hit-and-run tactics to kill until you just get overpowering levels of gear. Our damage is also comparatively anemic without incredible levels of gear for Anton, but honestly by the time we get Anton and you hit max level we'll probably see changes to the class anyways. If you learn how to change your playstyle when you're in a group so you're not air juggling everything away from your party, groups tend to love you.

The best thing about Rogue and the rest of her archetype (Monk, Striker, Ranger, Battlemage, Elven Knight) to varying degrees is that their mechanical ceiling is way higher than others classes, so you can actually put work into your execution and get better at the class. Most are characterized by poor midgame damage since most of them are pure % based, but +6-8 purple weapons, and even pink weapons, are dirt cheap on the AH up until 55 or so especially Rogue since we don't have the other two Thief classes. The growing weapon event in OBT2 is also a really good chance to sink your teeth into one of these classes without having to worry about the gear requirements.

Opinionated side-note for Rogues: Twin Swords are garbage later on, use and love Daggers. Twin Swords used to be the go-to weapon for PvE Rogues, but the Dagger Mastery bonuses are insane now and one of Rogue's biggest mobility tools, Shining Spark, is tied to it. Not only does it let you use it 4 times (enough to clear an entire room's distance), but being able to cancel out of a skill into Shining/Sword Dance is invaluable. Dagger Mastery also turns Sword Dance into a very good movement/AoE ability (becomes invaluable when you get to Ghent/Ultimate Road) and lets you retain 2 contact points when you Hit End off of Hurricane. Comparatively, Twin Swords adds a mostly-useless bleed effect to your moves, charge a bunch of high CD moves, and increases the hitbox on a couple moves. :woop: Twin Swords is mostly useful in that weird 35-40 range where you don't have Death Hurricane yet, but are feeling the crunch for heavy AoE damage, and charged Vertical Spiral is a great crutch until you can poo poo daggers over everything.

Interesting, good to hear some high end advice. Sad I've already basically missed the train on those growing items though. Have to remember to make an M.Slayer to grab one for F.Slayer when it comes, assuming they can be transferred through the account vault.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I really doubt there are multiple per account, but I would love to be proven wrong, because this would make heavy percent classes much easier to level with.

Yeah, I can't wait to throw some growth revolvers on my ranger.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Schubalts posted:

It should be all of your characters but the caveat is you have to get drops to make it permanent. (Sometimes its like the current Danjun coins)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Probably going to make a f nen to take advantage on the growing weapon.

• Locked thread