Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

This was awesome too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

El Estrago Bonito posted:

ESW still exists. Crowdfunded yard tards everybody:

Featuring such great ideas as...

Lighting your hand on fire:

This used to be all the rage in BJW 15 years ago. They usually did it with soaked rags tied around various body parts instead of just squirting lighter fluid directly on their gear though.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
ESW has given me many hours of both legitimate and so bad it's good entertainment. I love those backyarders.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Illinois Smith posted:

more stuff that happened THIS WEEK ON LUCHA UNDERGROUND
Everything about Lucha Underground looks cool as gently caress, I hope they'll manage to stick around

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

ESW has given me many hours of both legitimate and so bad it's good entertainment. I love those backyarders.

The 2012 reunion show is better than like 90% of the stuff that CZW and TNA produce in the "legitimate" hardcore wrestling genre. Hell, a few of the matches have better ring psychology than most WWE these days which is depressing as hell.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

El Estrago Bonito posted:

The 2012 reunion show is better than like 90% of the stuff that CZW and TNA produce in the "legitimate" hardcore wrestling genre. Hell, a few of the matches have better ring psychology than most WWE these days which is depressing as hell.

I will say this: the endearing thing about ESW is they are what they're trying to be. They're not really attempting to be "real" wrestlers - they embrace not having a ring and some of them are honestly drat decent. I once saw a man jump off a scaffold onto a trampoline, bouncing him high up into the air, and he splashed a dude through a table. It was loving awesome. They do idiotic poo poo to one another and it's fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg2T6Srq-HQ

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I will say this: the endearing thing about ESW is they are what they're trying to be. They're not really attempting to be "real" wrestlers - they embrace not having a ring and some of them are honestly drat decent. I once saw a man jump off a scaffold onto a trampoline, bouncing him high up into the air, and he splashed a dude through a table. It was loving awesome. They do idiotic poo poo to one another and it's fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg2T6Srq-HQ
One of the cameramen is chewing gum the whole time and it's super hard to listen to

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Some guy on imgur made a big post about his wife running off his another guy and leaving him and his kids, punctuated by animated gifs. He used this for the "time to man the gently caress up cause my kids need me" section, which made me smile.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He should have manned the gently caress up earlier and got some tights with his wifes face airbrushed onto the crotch. Really show he cares, you know?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah that works way more as the guy that his wife ran off with.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Okay, this has to be a Predator reference. Gif masters, please summon up the gif of Dutch and Mac grabbing arms after they arm wrestle. Thanks!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004
Worst goon in the universe.

Genki Sudo (and World Order in general) loving rocks.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shingo Takagi hates pants and will murder anyone who wears them.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Hey, Inoki, whatchu up to?

... Oh!

e:

LvK fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 14, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That looks like it would have all the impact of a bouncy castle.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

RAW live GIFs

SmackDown recap: Dolph Ziggler's ridiculous hair

BEWM!

Losah!

The Fandango we need

You shouldn'ta dun that. He was just a rahback.

He calls this the 450 view

Not sure how this even physics

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Watching the DDT over and over and it looks like Neville lands and posts all his weight on his forearm, with his head inches from the ground. drat he is strong.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

WrasslorMonkey posted:

You shouldn'ta dun that. He was just a rahback.

I'll never get tired of seeing Harper bust out Swamp Chin Music.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Watching the DDT over and over and it looks like Neville lands and posts all his weight on his forearm, with his head inches from the ground. drat he is strong.

He deadlift german suplexed Kevin Owens, and Kevin may have lost a good deal of weight since signing on with WWE but he is still a very large man.

Neville probably legit gives Cesaro a run for his money on the whole Pound for Pound thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WrasslorMonkey posted:

The Fandango we need

I know he was out of time with his own music and all, but I still loved this moment and how the crowd instantly responded to it, great stuff. Thanks WM :)

I forget their names, but are these the guys that JR often tells stories about having to wash their backs for them because they couldn't do it themselves? :gonk:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

I forget their names, but are these the guys that JR often tells stories about having to wash their backs for them because they couldn't do it themselves? :gonk:

Well according to that gif they could easily reach each other's backs so I think they were just being jerks

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

NowonSA posted:

Okay, this has to be a Predator reference. Gif masters, please summon up the gif of Dutch and Mac grabbing arms after they arm wrestle. Thanks!
Its also a Spartacus reference with the first handshake, don't know where the fist bump is from

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

achillesforever6 posted:

Its also a Spartacus reference with the first handshake, don't know where the fist bump is from

Terrorism

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

I know he was out of time with his own music and all, but I still loved this moment and how the crowd instantly responded to it, great stuff. Thanks WM :)

McGuire Twins.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jimmy Kagetora is pretty cool. :cool:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Jimmy Kagetora is pretty cool. :cool:

That match was so good. Wanted to gif that insane lariat/la mistica exchange between Susumu and Yoshino but it was way too big

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Not sure how this even physics

I love Dolph's DDT and wish it was his finisher instead of a transition move.

EDIT: Every DDT

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
just saw a murder on the network

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

It must have been really hard for Yoko to keep in character after accidentally destroying that dude's ribcage there

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
THIS WEEK ON LUCHA UNDERGROUND

double tornillos

a springboard ... spear?

willie mack does his best dick togo impression

havoc goes nuts

"oh hey there drago. i still remember the first time we spoke. it was in THIS VERY BATHROOM! well, mainly i spoke and you stared off into space, just like this time. "

"now do your tongue thing!"

"attaboy!"

and now for the final match in the UNIQUE OPPORTUNITIES series. RING THE BEEEEEEEEELL

aero star breaks out all his finest WTF WAS THAT spots for the occasion

let's see what the boss thinks of the main event he put together

yeah, this was another rad hour of wrestling

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I like it when crowds also feel like performers and go with the flow of the show.

Bless you, LU for creating a great atmosphere.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

uncleKitchener posted:

I like it when crowds also feel like performers and go with the flow of the show.

Bless you, LU for creating a great atmosphere.

Seriously though. Lucha Underground has the greatest wrestling audience because they take part in the matches, and add to them like crazy, but they're not taking over the show, like NXT's crowd does.

Yet more proof that California is better than Florida

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Let's not set the bar too high here

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

neonbregna posted:

just saw a murder on the network

yeah thats a really fuckin' nasty one, his feet slipped right out from under him and he went full force on that poor dude

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Qoey posted:

Seriously though. Lucha Underground has the greatest wrestling audience because they take part in the matches, and add to them like crazy, but they're not taking over the show, like NXT's crowd does.

Yet more proof that California is better than Florida
Dude, the Temple crowds are great most of the time but this very episode had them throwing bullshit WHAT chants at Dario f'n Cueto.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

St Evan Echoes posted:

Pretty much.

In case anyone doesn't know the story, Bulldog had never bladed before so asked Dynamite to do it for him. When the moment came Bulldog got cold feet and decided he didn't want to go through with it. Dynamite decided he'd gig him anyway. Bulldog panicked and struggled, and ended up being cut to the bone right across his forehead.

Dynamite Kid was a sociopathic piece of poo poo.

watching old In Your Houses from the mid 90s on the network, you can see this scar on his forehead.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Hacking!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

NXT gifs, including stuff from the Itami Road to Wrestlemania segment

I used to date the one fist-pumping in this gif. She's insanely cool.