Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice
I am a serious fan of the slow methodical storytelling. The action is fast..but it feels like its going at a slow pace. There's extra time taken in each scene, and it allows the character acting to come through.

I am also marking out so hard for Matt and Foggy, being almost Laurel and Hardy in their friendship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

NutritiousSnack posted:

1x03:

YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST KILLED ME, YOU COWARD
:stare:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

1x04
Jesus Christ, Russian bro just ripped out that dudes rib for a shank.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

1x04
What they're doing with Fisk is very... interesting. His asking out the art lady was adorable.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I have no more words/

1x03 I actually thought the guy was going stick his head through the barbed wire coils and jump.

Marvel needs to step up their movie game, this a *good* show.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x02

aaaaaaa that fight scene oh my god

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
(1x02)

The pseudo-Oner, fuuuck.

This show owns.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Heathen posted:

1x02
The Raid is exactly what I was thinking of. This show is loving brutal and its only the end of the second episode.

1x02
I was thinking Oldboy: single-shot fight in a hallway, one man against multiple enemies and not having an easy time of it. Hell, it's a better Oldboy fight than the one in the Spike Lee remake.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

1x04
HOLY loving poo poo THE END.

edit: I'm going to bed now but after 4 episodes my expectations have been loving nuked out of the water. A++++ Can't wait to get back into it when I wake up.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Apr 10, 2015

cams
Mar 28, 2003

1x05 (and also some speculation)
"Remember the promise you made to me... and those I represent."

and then even Fisk respects it. really buying the idea that he represents the hand.

the name of the guy who founded the hand was Kagenobu Yoshioka :V

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
1x04
That is one hell of a way to introduce us to Fisk. All of that, in one episode. Holy poo poo.

This show is amazing. I'm not interested in the subject matter of Spartacus, but drat, maybe I'll check it out anyways.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Zaggitz posted:

1x04
HOLY loving poo poo THE END.

edit: I'm going to bed now but after 4 episodes my expectations have been loving nuked out of the water. A++++ Can't wait to get back into it when I wake up.

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck.

Everyone is so good in this. Everyone.

rayray00
Mar 27, 2003

Capturing the moment from hair-loopies to big bellies.
1x05 Radar sense!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Godammit work, I don't want to stop watching :cry:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
I am utterly blown away by the leeway Disney/Marvel gave this show. Jesus loving Christ

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
DeKnight for Punisher!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Fisk is the new best villain in the MCU.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Fisk is the new best villain in the MCU.
END OF 1x05
uh yeah he is not loving around.... i love every single character in this loving show and i am AMAZED that i love everything involving fisk and vanessa as much as i do. her "...good." was perfect.

i am at the point where i love this show so loving much that they BETTER find a way to make more of it. i know they plan on doing a "defenders" with the whole netflix gang but i want more THIS.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Question about 1x03 Does anyone know how the guy Matt and Foggy were representing got released? Foggy mentioned that the jury would have to go back since they couldn't decide, while Matt was sure that they wouldn't, but what was the process like?
Also, that fight with the bowling ball was brutal.

Oasx fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Apr 10, 2015

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

This is so much better than I had hoped. I am ridiculously hyped for the other shows.

I also want a Punisher show. And a Moon Knight show. And a Blade show. And a Ghost Rider show.

1x05
The Kingpin is a socially awkward goon. I love it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

cams posted:

1x05 (and also some speculation)
"Remember the promise you made to me... and those I represent."

and then even Fisk respects it. really buying the idea that he represents the hand.

the name of the guy who founded the hand was Kagenobu Yoshioka :V

I loving called it!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
end of 1x05 You done hosed up, Matty!

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Oasx posted:

Question about 1x03 Does anyone know how the guy Matt and Foggy were representing got released? Foggy mentioned that the jury would have to go back since they couldn't decide, while Matt was sure that they wouldn't, but what was the process like?
Also, that fight with the bowling ball was brutal.

1x03

The guy knew Wesley had blackmailed a juror into purposely voting against the others guaranteeing a hung jury. If an unanimous decision can't be reached the result is a mistrial. The judge issued an Allen Charge which is legal speak for Are You loving Kidding Me? Meaning the time, effort and costs of the mistrial would make the prosecutors unlikely to attempt a retrial.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Good lord.

1x05
It's episode 5, and we're dealing with stuff that would be season end material. Sheesh. I mean, one of the original 5 groups is now basically out of the picture.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
1x07
Wicked intro

edit: Oh poo poo it's STICK!!

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Apr 10, 2015

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
End of 1x06 THE GODDAMN OWL?!?!?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Must do responsible thing and go to work. Ugh, glad to see it's getting praise here. Cannot wait to get home. Order a Pizza, and watch 2 to 3 episodes.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I love seeing people from The Wire show up in my shows.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
I have to say, the raw brutality the show can show sometimes makes me hopeful for a Punisher return.

Or Moon Knight.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Every time a cab pulls up in a Marvel property, I hope the driver ID says Lockley.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
Six episodes in (No Spoilers, yet) and I'm really impressed, so much so that I went against my usual Netflix rules and watched six episodes already! I don't know that its a great superhero show, or even a good one, but it's a great whatever it is and far more interesting than it had any right to be.

I had expectations for what a Daredevil show would be, basically Scandal with ninjas, but it moves beyond that almost as fast as it does the origin story. Their cracks that it was going to be The Wire for the Marvel universe weren't all that inaccurate. Which is good, because the episodes that do stick to the small scale stuff tend to be the least effective and the show does a bad job of explaining, well, anything but when it choreographs a motion through this extensive web of characters its riveting TV.

I can't wait to rush the backend over the weekend, but I'm not a man without fear that it could yet fall apart or worse, become boring.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007
OK, I'm only about half an episode in. For those of you ahead of me I'm curious if any of the Daredevil rogues show up at some point. Ya know Typhoid Mary, maybe Bullseye. Feel free to spoil me on it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
DeKnight's been up-front that Kingpin's basically the only big gun this go around.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
No spoilers man, just watch it and enjoy

1x08

Wilson having his OCD breakfast disturbed was hilarious.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

1x02
Jesus loving christ that fight scene

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I thought the first episode was drat near perfect, but the

1x01
two fight scenes were really kind of bland. The first one in the docks and everything before they go out the window in the second fight both felt like someone took the Raid, turned the brightness way down, then muffled all the sound effects. Weird, because after they go out the window in the second fight and some lights start actually getting used, it seemed like the sound design really took off and stayed consistent where it had ups and downs before. I've heard good things about the fights in the next few episodes, though.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Episode 1x09: THE GODDAMN HAND!!!!

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Every time a cab pulls up in a Marvel property, I hope the driver ID says Lockley.

There was an easter egg in one of the earlier episodes with the Veles Taxi Cab service. Veles is the Slavic Devil that is in a constant fight with Perun, the Slavic Odin.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soonmot posted:

Episode 1x09: THE GODDAMN HAND!!!!

RIGHT?!!! :circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Goddamn 1x03

That Suicide, I thought he'd jump off a building and not ya'know stab himself in the loving head.