Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
1x02
GodDAMN that last fight scene.

1x03
LOL Turk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
1x06
Goddamn loving intense. I do hope for a change Murdock actually kills Kingpin, there's only so many times we can do this song-and-dance.

This show seems to be taking a healthy stance towards the police.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Just finished and was blown away. The characters, the acting, those fights!!

Amazing job, and thete was so much stuff seeded for comic nerds.

All episodes spoilers: Owlsley has a son who can the Owl. Melvin had plans for his Gladiator buzzsaws drawn up. Davos the Steel Serpent. The Hand. Electra. Whatever the gently caress was going on with Stick and the mystery man. Probably more that I forgot or missed.

All in all, this exceeded my already high expectations.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Just finished episode 3.

"You should've just killed me."

:vince:

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Up to episode 10, not sure exactly which episode this is in but

are they still going with the whole "I don't kill" thing after Daredevil lights a dude on fire? Because Daredevil straight sets a guy on fire. Afterwards he feels remorseful about wanting to kill Fisk in the warehouse, even though killing is bad, but he had just finished lighting Nobu on fire and watching him burn to death. I don't know what kind of mental gymnastics you have to go through to consider that not outright killing someone, it's not like the guy with super senses didn't notice a pool of gasoline.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

drat, the cold open to 1x08.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

hcreight posted:

Just finished episode 3.

"You should've just killed me."

:vince:

Yeah that made my jaw literally drop. Working on episode 5 and already praying to God there will be a Season 2. If the rest of the MCU stuff they release is half this good it's a good time to be a fan of stuff like this.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soonmot posted:

Just finished and was blown away. The characters, the acting, those fights!!

Amazing job, and thete was so much stuff seeded for comic nerds.

All episodes spoilers: Owlsley has a son who can the Owl. Melvin had plans for his Gladiator buzzsaws drawn up. Davos the Steel Serpent. The Hand. Electra. Whatever the gently caress was going on with Stick and the mystery man. Probably more that I forgot or missed.

The Greek girlfriend had my squeeing like a little girl. Gladiator saws too, the loving Hand ninja fight was pretty drat cool

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Rarity posted:

Matt Murdock is a lawyer, one of the best paid professions in America

I know this is from several pages ago but this post made me laugh harder than anything else in the thread.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I just saw the first episode, and man, that was a gooooood first episode.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I will recommend watching with a good set of headphones or stereo system, they spent a lot of effort on the audio.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

zoux posted:

I will recommend watching with a good set of headphones or stereo system, they spent a lot of effort on the audio.

I like this approach instead of the dumb sonar vision they used in the movie. It works much much better in live action stuff.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
1x13

Loved everything about this show. Not even a single character I didn't like. BTW how cool was it that so much of this season turned out to be about a super villain love story.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

1x05

Hahaha foggy just dismantling that lawyer chick. That ruled. I like that everyone gets a chance to be a badass. Urich, Foggy, Claire.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

I like this approach instead of the dumb sonar vision they used in the movie. It works much much better in live action stuff.

1x05

They do show some of that, though, or at least a version of it, when he interacts with Claire, right before they kiss.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

This is great, but it seems kind of mean to make such a visually interesting show that appeals to blind people...

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Starting to feel there are too many conversations about how well-connected and influential the villains are.

1x07
Stick is a wonderful rear end in a top hat, but his goony "no girls no friends only war" shtick (lol) is kind of one-note.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
In the first episode, one of the crooks says “You be quiet, I'll let you have a bucket.”

What's that bucket for? IDGI.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

1x08
"Get the saw":vince:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

less laughter posted:

In the first episode, one of the crooks says “You be quiet, I'll let you have a bucket.”

He was gonna stuff them in a cargo container and ship them overseas. The bucket was to pee and poop in.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Jose Oquendo posted:

He was gonna stuff them in a cargo container and ship them overseas. The bucket was to pee and poop in.

Oh, gotcha. Thanks.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

less laughter posted:

It must be nice to be this innocent.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

I'm just glad it's a Marvel thing with a really good villain for a change.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Stunt Rock posted:

I'm just glad it's a Marvel thing with a really good villain for a change.

This Kingpin's just an actor working a gig. The real kingpin'll be in season 2.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

1x09
Suddenly, ninjas.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Holy fuuuuck the opening to Episode 1.

The little head dip as he hears the slide catching... :vince:

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Third episode, not what I expected when i saw the spoilers. Not at all.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

WarLocke posted:

Holy fuuuuck the opening to Episode 1. :vince:

Get ready to do this a lot.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I'm only four episodes in, but the plotty-schemey stuff feels better executed than S3 of House of Cards. No idea why that comparison came to mind, but it did.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
:aaaaa: Wow - this shattered my expectations out of the ballpark. The ending scene for episode 2!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I really like the use of color, shadows and light.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Is it just me or does this really not feel like part of the MCU? The quality is just ridiculous. Maybe it's how gritty it all is.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

WarLocke posted:

Is it just me or does this really not feel like part of the MCU? The quality is just ridiculous. Maybe it's how gritty it all is.

This. There's barely any references to the MCU itself. I only noticed 2 in the pilot. If there's more, please list them. Also there's no goddamn Infinity Gems in this.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

This. There's barely any references to the MCU itself. I only noticed 2 in the pilot. If there's more, please list them. Also there's no goddamn Infinity Gems in this.

In episode 2, Creel, the boxer Matt's dad had the big match with, is the Absorbing Man from Agents of SHIELD season 2

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Jose Oquendo posted:

1x13

Here's the ones I heard/saw. Crusher Creel, Mat's Dads opponent appears in AoS, Iron Suit or Magic Hammer obv, Foggy Says Captain America and there are several articles posted behind Ben Urich's deck two of which are the Battle of New York, and Something like Harlem Mayham with Hulk in the picture.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wolpertinger posted:

In episode 2, Creel, the boxer Matt's dad had the big match with, is the Absorbing Man from Agents of SHIELD season 2

I KNEW that name was familiar.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Holy poo poo yeah. The choreography in this show is so, so good. I agree that I wish the fights were better lit, though. At the same time, I know that's the aesthetic you're going for.

All I know is I'm glad this is by most accounts the future of media and I hope Marvel rides this motherfucker 'til the wheels come off, because I love superheroes and the aesthetics and everything, but I just can't find the energy, motivation, time, and/or resources to really get into comics. Doesn't Marvel have a digital subscription service now that's kinda like Scribd for comics or something? And didn't DC work out a similar deal with Scribd directly? Or am I imagining that?

Actually, Marvel are the ones that did a deal with Scribd, along with a bunch of smaller publishers. DC are allergic to anything that allows people to read their content more conveniently. If you're mostly looking for Marvel stuff, though, their Unlimited service is better, as it's a more complete library. Their Scribd offerings are mostly a sample platter, though there's a lot of good Daredevil on both.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Jesus gently caress.

1x03-07 poo poo gets darker and darker from episode 3 on, holy poo poo

I'm loving the set design and the lighting.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Actually, Marvel are the ones that did a deal with Scribd, along with a bunch of smaller publishers. DC are allergic to anything that allows people to read their content more conveniently. If you're mostly looking for Marvel stuff, though, their Unlimited service is better, as it's a more complete library. Their Scribd offerings are mostly a sample platter, though there's a lot of good Daredevil on both.

Yeah I definitely am more partial to Marvel as a rule (from what exposure I've gotten).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Musluk posted:

Jesus gently caress.

I came here to post exactly that in regards to the Ep1 ending montage and "Come on, Mattie. Get to work." :ssj:

God drat is it great to see non-shaky-cam fight choreography.