Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Apparently this David Lynch poo poo is just him and Showtime negotiating in the media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

thrawn527 posted:

They added Edward James Olmos, if that helps.

It's a bit of a stupid move really, because he's awesome and should be in charge. gently caress Coulson and his bunch of retards.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So I know it's early in the day, but has anyone tried Daredevil yet? If so, how is it so far? I won't get a chance to until tonight.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

So I know it's early in the day, but has anyone tried Daredevil yet? If so, how is it so far? I won't get a chance to until tonight.

Same, but everyone on the internet is going bonkers for it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

thrawn527 posted:

Episode 8 and it's brilliant. All the hyperbole applies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

8? It;'s only been 6 and a half hours. How long are they?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Rocksicles posted:

Dude...get some sleep. But thanks.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

loving hell, I still haven't finished Kimmy Schmidt.

Having said, I can see myself watching quite a lot of Daredevil on Sunday.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

thrawn527 posted:

Dude...get some sleep. But thanks.

It's only midnight :) i'm going to do this

Aphrodite posted:

8? It;'s only been 6 and a half hours. How long are they?

52 mins, you gain an episode in 7 hours.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 10, 2015

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Rocksicles posted:

It's only midnight :) i'm going to do this

Oh, well sure, if you're not in my time zone it makes plenty more sense.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ShakeZula posted:

I think someone in the thread summed the show up well as saying each character is only capable of remembering the last two or three things any other character did, allowing big deals like murders and insane despotism to be completely forgotten over the relatively-short time period of the show.

Oh my God. This is exactly it. They're goldfish people. (Yes I know that goldfish thing is a myth.)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Steve Harvey reacting to dumb answers will never not bring me joy. I'm sorry, I'm part of the problem. :(

I am now trying to finish season 2 of Under The Dome and dear God what a slog. How did this get season 3? It's stupid and nonsensical like late Lost only the writing lacks any charm whatsoever and everyone is both unlikeable and REALLY dumb. Christ almighty, I don't know if I can do it you guys, and I LIKED the end of Heroes at least a little. I have really low standards.

its almost as bad as the book it's based on

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

its almost as bad as the book it's based on

the books good

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Flatscan posted:

It's a bit of a stupid move really, because he's awesome and should be in charge. gently caress Coulson and his bunch of retards.

It struck me, in the episode when the walking snooze zone lady Thor showed up again, how quickly this show could deflate my expectations. Coulson's got his gun on somebody (who is impervious to harm, so no tension there at all, why it happens who knows). And he demands he steps away from one of his subordinates, by yelling something like "you don't get to harm one of the people we love!"

They really went into the family dynamic thing early in this show, puncturing any sort of realistic take on what is supposedly a military/para-military force. What's happening there?

The first half of this season was cool though, mostly for bringing new people in (that quickly got subsumed).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

the books good

Not the end though.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I'm on the second episode of Daredevil. Really digging it so far.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Daredevil is amazing.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

zoux posted:

Not the end though.

its the only ending that makes sense and puts a nice bow on the messages contained within the book

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I didn't like how Dr. Nick died but otherwise the ending was pretty good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought the biggest problem with the book was how the whole thing happens over the course of like two weeks, which is a little extreme.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

muscles like this? posted:

I thought the biggest problem with the book was how the whole thing happens over the course of like two weeks, which is a little extreme.

Then you realise the show has taken place over such a short period of time as well and there's so much ridiculous poo poo happened there too. As well as people recovering from gunshots overnight.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jamie from Mythbusters (before Mythbusters was a thing) was on a regional version and tore a lot of other robots to shreds with his spinning robot.

That happened once or twice in the main competition.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In Battlebots there was a robot that was just an upside down wok with padlocks attached to it.

It was death incarnate.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Three episodes in and Daredevil is pretty damned good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slamhound posted:

Three episodes in and Daredevil is pretty damned good.

I was more nervous than I like to admit about the quality of DD because basically IMO all of Netflix's Marvel franchise kind of hinges on how this goes. It's getting ridiculous buzz.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Daredevil is fantastic, and that's coming from someone who hasn't yet even bothered to finish season 1 of Agents of SHIELD despite having gotten to "the good part"

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

HBO just put out a teaser trailer for True Detective season 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OfU7CGY5DQ

Colin Farrell looked so much like Stephen Toast in one of those shots

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Daredevil is great and really puts AoS to shame. Mainly because it feels like the people behind it actually care about what is happening.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's the trailer for The Rock's HBO Series, which coincidentally are also the four sweetest words in the english language.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQOJwcMCAqI

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Looks like Entourage when it was good

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Looks like Entourage when it was good

I've heard it called "Entourage but with former football players".

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I mentally cringe at the comparison with Entourage, but early Entourage actually was fun, and even if it ends up being bad, I'm sure I've watched worse poo poo just because The Rock was in it.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Bown posted:

Daredevil is great and really puts AoS to shame. Mainly because it feels like the people behind it actually care about what is happening.

Going forward, all I can think is that AoS isn't a Marvel show. It's an ABC primetime show set in the Marvel universe. It's beholden to ratings and commercials and the like. But Daredevil is really and truly a Marvel series. And it shows the effort and quality.

Edit: for clarity, I'm on season two of AoS and enjoying every minute. But like Rarity says below, can't argue with how polished DD looks.

Cael fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 11, 2015

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I legit love Agents of SHIELD and think the people complaining about it in these last two pages are being ridiculous.

That said, 6 episodes in Daredevil is miles better than it in every way.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Daredevil is the best loving thing I've seen so far this year.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I legit love Agents of SHIELD and think the people complaining about it in these last two pages are being ridiculous.

That said, 6 episodes in Daredevil is miles better than it in every way.

Someone has a different opinion to me? Absurd!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Bown posted:

Someone has a different opinion to me? Absurd!

It makes sense in this case, I don't understand how people don't like AoS either.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Teaser on the new ship-based scifi show on Syfy by the SG1 dudes based on a comic called Dark Matter.

http://io9.com/syfys-dark-matter-is-lost-in-space-but-with-deadly-amne-1697010476

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Vancouver as fuuuuuuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
back in the 90s i was in a very famous tv show

• Locked thread