Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Ugh I am just on episode 1 x 05

This is loving great, I was uh.. not expecting Fisk to do that, holy poo poo balls Vincent is loving nailing it to the wall , wasn't expecting the romance either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Deadpool posted:

They've had a couple female characters in that role before. It's been fine, but there's no substitute for Frank Castle.

I don't know, it would be nice for Marvel to have more movies or shows featuring heroes who are buff white dudes.

And Punisher would be one of the easiest ones for them to gender switch. Rachel Alves played by Jessica Chastain would be really sweet, actually.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Honestly I was worried this would be a bit lower quality for some reason, but two episodes in an I'm hooked. Holy balls is this show well done.

Ep 1-2

The flashbacks to Matt as a kid are great. Poor Jack

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
So, I just hit the first bump. That entire dialog between Fisk and Matt was cliche central and not a very interesting take on it.

e X fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 11, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Stunt Rock posted:

I don't know, it would be nice for Marvel to have more movies or shows featuring heroes who are buff white dudes.

And Punisher would be one of the easiest ones for them to gender switch. Rachel Alves played by Jessica Chastain would be really sweet, actually.

I dunno, I think people like Alves only work when you can say "here's this person, compare them to Frank Castle".

Punisher, as an idea, needs Frank.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Deadpool posted:

Cox, Henson, and Woll are all so drat likable in their roles.

Add Dawson to this list. Loving this show a ton right now, only at episode 5, though.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015

Deadpool posted:

Drew Goddard wrote the pilot and was an executive producer but outside of that I believe he didn't have much to do with it. He had to step away to prep a Spider-Man spinoff movie that never materialized. Yes, he set up the tone with the pilot but pretty much the rest of the show was under DeKnight.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. He wrote the first two episodes - which are, of the eight i've seen, the best - and established the tone and future direction of the show, then DeKnight came in and added all the bowling balls to the face. DeKnight's done a great job so far of running with it, I'm just worried about what happens if there is a season two that he crafts from scratch. He seems to be one of those writers who work best with someone to check them here and there. I'm just being pessimistic though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Stunt Rock posted:

Or I dunno, make something with one of the many great female characters they already have. Maybe that's too easy though.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Or I dunno, make something with one of the many great female characters they already have. Maybe that's too easy though.

Agreed. Is She Hulk tied with F4?

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Musluk posted:

Agreed. Is She Hulk tied with F4?

A She Hulk law procedural would be the best.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Stunt Rock posted:

i hate you so much for even proposing this.

the genderswitching idea is silly but that's not what i mean. i really do not understand what hypnosis audiences of "Zero Dark Thirty" underwent to not think that movie was one of the worst things ever but also to think that Jessica Chastain was anything but awful in it.

but that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Deadpool posted:

Can go worse than a distaff version of a white male character created by Rucka. (I like that run on Punisher. Alves' origin is just the right level of melodrama to make a new Punisher)

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

I gotta ask, someone pm me or spoiler tag it as im just sitting down to start and have to know, when's the red suit show up?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dead Like Rev posted:

I gotta ask, someone pm me or spoiler it as im just sitting down to start and have to know, when's the red suit show up?
spoiler answering this guy's question

i like big butts and i cannot lie 1x11 you other brothers can't deny

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

cams posted:

spoiler answering this guy's question

i like big butts and i cannot lie 1x11 you other brothers can't deny

i too appreciate big butts and love you for answering

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This show is like Arrow and the Wire made hot TV sex and produced a baby

1x06
The last couple of episodes have been totally enthralling. The comparison being drawn between Murdoch and Fisk is so great. Each man is the flip side of the other, aiming for the same goal for the same reasons with the same emotions but in completely opposite directions. The Russian bombings were totally shocking and all the fallout was brutal.

I can't believe the show got me to cheer for the final stand of a sex trafficking drug dealer :stare:

Musluk
May 23, 2011

1x09 holy poo poo nobu holy poo poo matt's injuries, ouch.

edit: welp, seen the ending coming.

Musluk fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 11, 2015

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

cams posted:

i hate you so much for even proposing this.

the genderswitching idea is silly but that's not what i mean. i really do not understand what hypnosis audiences of "Zero Dark Thirty" underwent to not think that movie was one of the worst things ever but also to think that Jessica Chastain was anything but awful in it.

but that's just, like, my opinion, man.

I haven't seen that, I was basing it off seeing her in Mama.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Stunt Rock posted:

I haven't seen that, I was basing it off seeing her in Mama.
oh ok my bad. like anything relating to zero dark thirty, jessica chastain's performance and praise of it makes me angry.

1x11 ending
WESLEY, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. he was my favorite... gently caress you karen page, you suck! kingpin is gonna be really sad that his best friend died! you're a big jerk!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

cams posted:

1x11 ending
WESLEY, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. he was my favorite... gently caress you karen page, you suck! kingpin is gonna be really sad that his best friend died! you're a big jerk!

oh god yeah I just saw that.
ep12
probably most shocking episode end apart from 8, and the awesome blind sweatshop bit in 1.

for the opener for 12 i was all like KAREN!!!! :(

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I just finished episode 1 and found it very dark. Not in tone (though it is), in visuals. Even the daytime shots seemed to be heavily overcast, and I found myself squinting for the night scenes. It's the same on both my PC and my WiiU. Does it get better later, just something to put up with, or is it actually fine and I need to see an optometrist?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Just finished it, loving amazing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

there should be a running total of how many canes matt murdock has discarded around the city

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

cams posted:

there should be a running total of how many canes matt murdock has discarded around the city

Kingpin's real plan to clean up the Kitchen is to stop littering.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Bruceski posted:

I just finished episode 1 and found it very dark. Not in tone (though it is), in visuals. Even the daytime shots seemed to be heavily overcast, and I found myself squinting for the night scenes. It's the same on both my PC and my WiiU. Does it get better later, just something to put up with, or is it actually fine and I need to see an optometrist?

WiiU myself, and yeah, it's fricking dark. I ended up cranking the brightness on my tv a good bit.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I love Daredevil, but I'm still surprised at how much I enjoyed this. It's kind of soured me on wanting to finish catching up with The Flash.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
So I'm only on episode 2 but I am really liking what they're doing with Foggy. It would have been so easy to fall back on comedy relief with him but the actor is owning it.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

1x10:

Foggy noooooooooooooooo :(

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WarLocke posted:

So I'm only on episode 2 but I am really liking what they're doing with Foggy. It would have been so easy to fall back on comedy relief with him but the actor is owning it.

Well he is the comedy relief but the good thing is that he's not only the comedy relief.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

1x12
so, uh, gao is absolutely part of some mystical poo poo that will almost certainly tie into Iron Fist, right?

Soonmot posted:

1x09 dragon on the heroin packets is very similar to Iron Fist brand
Did not notice that at all, so yeah, I guess that is the case. loving. awesome.

cams fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 11, 2015

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Deadpool posted:

Well he is the comedy relief but the good thing is that he's not only the comedy relief.

There is him, then there is his hair, then there is his hair during flashbacks.

Edit: read that as not THE only comedy relief, but my point still stands.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I'm mostly through Episode 5 now, and holy poo poo this show works really nicely.

Also 1:04 Well, the entire Fisk beatdown had me going :stare: including the decapitation.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

1x10 A bit too on the nose with all those flashbacks I guess, but Foggy's point is important.

Also Foggy has been consistently killing it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
1x09
The meeting of Murdoch and Fisk at the art gallery. Cox and D'onofrio's body language just killed it. This show...:allears:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
01x02
No loving way was that hallway fight one long take. There has to be a hidden cut in there somewhere, jesus gently caress

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Saw episode 1 and thought there was no way the fight choreography could stay so good.

Just finished episode 3 and it's not letting up.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

So, Devin Faraci was full of poo poo right?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, Devin Faraci was full of poo poo right?
yes

this reply doesn't pertain to anything in particular, just in general

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BizarroAzrael posted:

Saw episode 1 and thought there was no way the fight choreography could stay so good.

Just finished episode 3 and it's not letting up.

Dude. Dude, you don't even know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
So I assume this is worth checking out?