Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Episode 6:

As much as I love how Vladimir went out, I hope Murdock doesn't kill Fisk. Not so much for his character but because the MCU is way too quick to kill off villains. Magneto survived all the movies, and look, everyone loves him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

zoux posted:

Yeah there are like 3 pretty obvious ones.

etalian posted:

They also built a special set just for the fight scene so they could do a single take shoot.

1x02

I think that was all one shot, they just had more than one guy for the Masked Man parts. They swapped places when he went into the siderooms.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Charlie Cox stunt double must be his clone. They have the exact same build.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

Watched 3 episodes so far tonight. Enjoying it a lot so far!

the horrors of netflix binging

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

etalian posted:

the horrors of netflix binging

I only took a break because I needed to let the dog out. I'm hoping I can control myself and watch at most two more :v:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

1x12

If you kill Urich I swear to god Kingp--

GOD drat YOU FISK

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

WarLocke posted:

General spoiler/question:

I can't tell if they're going with 'sonar hearing' or super-senses or whatever or not. I mean, I can kind of get him maybe learning to listen for heartbeats, and then a little physiology/psychology handles the 'is this guy lying' bit. But telling if someone is conscious by listening? Smelling a dude's cologne through walls on a different floor? Hearing people calling for help across the city?!?

Maybe this gets explained at some point, idunno.

General Daredevil origin story:

The chemicals that blinded him gave him super senses. If you think that's silly, wait till you find out what happens when four turtles and a rat get exposed to those chemicals.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So season 2 comes out next week right?

:f5:

NotALizardman posted:

1x12

GOD drat YOU FISK

That was the moment, more than anything else, that made me want Daredevil to loving RUIN that fat sunuvabitch.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Apr 11, 2015

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
1x09 (Comics speculation spoiler)
That is definitely Davos/Steel Serpent's mark on Madame Gao's heroin. The K'un Lun Connection.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

NotALizardman posted:

1x12

GOD drat YOU FISK

forgot to talk about how legit surprised i am that they killed off MCU ben urich this early. i mean, it makes sense because the mcu philosophy has been established as one of a more constantly changing cast than the comic book origins would imply, but still... ben urich is great and this was a fantastic portrayal of him :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
The exchange when I knew that I was going to love this show

He can take a unbelievable amount of punishment without one drat complaint
The last part's the Catholicism

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
1x13 Was also sad Ben died, but one thing I liked about some of the show deaths, and Ben's in particular, was that they usually played out logically from the events which were transpiring. Meaning if Kingpin actually did find out about his mother being visited, he wouldn't let that stand. Also liked how the lack of character information lead to the characters drawing the wrong conclusions about what was going on.

Really hoping for a Daredevil/Murdock episode in Jessica Jones to help building up their eventually joining up.

Also have to throw out props for Bob Gunton, he brought a lot of solid, sarcastic charm. Kept expecting him to complain about the masked man up and disappearing like a fart in the wind.

Teek fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 11, 2015

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Teek posted:

1x13 Was also sad Ben died, but one thing I liked about some of the show deaths, and Ben's in particular, was that they usually played out logically from the events which were transpiring. Meaning if Kingpin actually did find out about his mother being visited, he wouldn't let that stand. Also liked how the lack of character information lead to the characters drawing the wrong conclusions about what was going on.

Really hoping for a Daredevil/Murdock episode in Jessica Jones to help building up their eventually joining up.

Also have to throw out props for Bob Gunton, he brought a lot of solid, sarcastic charm. Kept expecting him to complain about the masked man up and disappearing like a fart in the wind.

the bit about "logical deaths" is a good point, the show did do a great job of that. i am always annoyed at main characters being left alive purely because they need to, even when it doesn't make sense. the only one i think that was kind of dumb was when the russians captured THE NIGHT NURSE (seriously you fuckers rosario dawson is the loving night nurse this is amazing) and didn't immediately shoot her in the head when the lights went out and daredevil showed up. at that point, there is no reason for them to keep her alive and she's just another possible attacker.

i started to think that wesley kidnapping and keeping kate alive was really dumb but as he explained why he did it, it actually makes sense. wesley's carelessness about the gun on the table was a bit silly but it's believable for his character, he was 100% smug and cocky at all times.

rip wesley you were too good for this world :(

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chris Brewster was Charlie Cox stunt double, he was also Chris Evans stunt double in Winter Soldier. He's done a bunch of Marvel stuff.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So season 2 comes out next week right?

:f5:

That was the moment, more than anything else, that made me want Daredevil to loving RUIN that fat sunuvabitch.

His death was assured the moment he walked into that nursing home given the foreshadowing we got in his first episode. "I was always grateful you left my kids out of this. Go home". He broke a rule that let him be untouchable.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
Just binged watched all 13 today, gently caress that was good!

Can't wait for the next three, especially Iron Fist.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
With captions on, when Matt talks while he's costume and the camera's not on him, the captions say "[Masked Man]:" Thank you for not spoiling that the Masked Man is Matt, Netflix caption people.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?
Just finished

Oh my god. I don't read comic books so I'm sure I missed a TON of references but someone earlier mentioned, that goo is what got the turtles right? The shot of it flowing out of the can seemed a bit obvious. That and the 'access tunnels' screamed TMNT to me.

I have some 'these references probably related to comic book stuff questions, from the whole series. Where is the Chinese lady from? Someone earlier said the boy held a demon? I found it odd that neither of those two things were explained at all, but I guess we need stuff set up for the other shows. I'm sure there are a ton more that I missed. Do we have a list yet?

I loved the format, I loved the cinematography. I loved that they had 13 hours to tell a story instead of 2.5 or over 22 episodes in a nine month period. I really hope Netflix sees a huge jump in subscriptions due to this and that encourages more companies to make these kinds of stories. I found myself wanting more when it was done and kind of wishing they did this with the bigger names, I'd love to see a 13 hour Avengers show. It won't ever happen because no matter how successful this is it won't cover RDJ's salary let alone everything else, I just love the time they get to tell a whole story.

Costume talk, whole series omg that costume was amazing, and the fact that they laid it out over the whole series, it made sense, it didn't come out of nowhere. Was the guy who made it from the comics too?

And totally off topic, Rocksicles I have the Flash Gordon song in my head every time I see 'Flash', I love the avatar.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

Just binged watched all 13 today, gently caress that was good!

Can't wait for the next three, especially Iron Fist.

I want season 2 of Iron Fist and Power Man to be Heroes for Hire drat it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

1x09 (Comics speculation spoiler)
That is definitely Davos/Steel Serpent's mark on Madame Gao's heroin. The K'un Lun Connection.

:allears:

Wait until you find out what they call it on the street.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
1x04
Hey Dimitri, head removed by car door - bad way to die.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bunnita posted:

And totally off topic, Rocksicles I have the Flash Gordon song in my head every time I see 'Flash', I love the avatar.

Me and my brother started singing it one day when it started hahaha

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
1x05

I am so unimpressed with Fisk. Christ, I hope he develops and doesn't just turn out to be the most incompetent, cringey Kingpin ever.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Bunnita posted:

Just finished

Oh my god. I don't read comic books so I'm sure I missed a TON of references but someone earlier mentioned, that goo is what got the turtles right? The shot of it flowing out of the can seemed a bit obvious. That and the 'access tunnels' screamed TMNT to me.

I was sort of kidding about the TMNT connection earlier. The TMNT are a separate comic book company, that was heavily inspired by Daredevil. Including the origin story, and things like Daredevil was trained by a guy named Stick, but the Ninja Turtles were trained by a guy named Splinter. And Daredevil fights a bunch of ninjas called the Hand, and the Ninja Turtles fight the Foot Clan.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 11, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
1x13 arguably not actually a spoiler but better safe than sorry. Considering that Jessica Jones comes out later this year, I was surprised by the lack of a post-credits teaser.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?

thrakkorzog posted:

I was sort of kidding about the TMNT connection earlier. The TMNT are a separate comic book company, that was heavily inspired by Daredevil. Including things like Daredevil was trained by a guy named Stick, but the Ninja Turtles were trained by a guy named Splinter. And Daredevil fights a bunch of ninjas called the Hand, and the Ninja Turtles fight the Foot Clan.

I could have sworn I had heard that somewhere else too but maybe it was here as another joke. 1 x 01 they did make a point of showing it flowing out, it was just where my mind went I guess

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

1x04
Didn't think they would top episode three yet here we are. God I wonder if they'll keep it going and make each episode more and more gruesome like that one poster said.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Edit: What's the policy on gifs? Guessing I should just wait til the 72 hours are up?

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 11, 2015

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Petr posted:

1x05

I am so unimpressed with Fisk. Christ, I hope he develops and doesn't just turn out to be the most incompetent, cringey Kingpin ever.

next episode will teach you the error of your ways.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

I'm on episode 11 right now Is that the Tinkerer? Isn't that his name? The guy who's making his suit? Also as it has been pointed out this is the origin of Daredevil and The Kingpin

Vincent D'Nofrio is loving awesome.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Just finished and GODDAMN what an incredible show. I didn't plan on watching it all today, but it just sort of happened.

I didn't realize that Claire was supposed to be Night Nurse until someone pointed it out to me.

Bunnita posted:

I have some 'these references probably related to comic book stuff questions, from the whole series. [spoiler] Where is the Chinese lady from? Someone earlier said the boy held a demon? I found it odd that neither of those two things were explained at all, but I guess we need stuff set up for the other shows. I'm sure there are a ton more that I missed. Do we have a list yet?

I'm not super knowledgeable about this stuff, but I'll try my best. The japanese dude was a member of the Hand, a clan of evil ninjas that are ruled by a demon. The boy was probably supposed to be a host for said demon. Why were they bringing him to New York? Who knows! It also looked like Stick was working for a member of the Hand (Gorgon????).

As for the Chinese lady, I don't know much about Iron Fist, but I guess the logo she used on her heroin was a reference to one of Iron Fist's bad guys. Her home, I'd guess, is K'un-Lun, the place where Danny Rand trained to become Iron Fist.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

NotALizardman posted:

Just finished and GODDAMN what an incredible show. I didn't plan on watching it all today, but it just sort of happened.

I didn't realize that Claire was supposed to be Night Nurse until someone pointed it out to me.

I'm not super knowledgeable about this stuff, but I'll try my best. The japanese dude was a member of the Hand, a clan of evil ninjas that are ruled by a demon. The boy was probably supposed to be a host for said demon. Why were they bringing him to New York? Who knows! It also looked like Stick was working for a member of the Hand (Gorgon????).

As for the Chinese lady, I don't know much about Iron Fist, but I guess the logo she used on her heroin was a reference to one of Iron Fist's bad guys. Her home, I'd guess, is K'un-Lun, the place where Danny Rand trained to become Iron Fist.

Makes sense, K'un-Lun being in a another dimension, and the old dear saying not China"Quite a bit further than that"

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

NotALizardman posted:

series end spoilers relating to this She's probably not from K'un-Lun, at least, I hope not. There are seven different hidden kingdoms, each with their own Immortal Weapon (of which Iron Fist and Steel Serpent are an example). Basically, I just really hope to see Bride of Nine Spider and The Prince of Orphans on screen.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Zaggitz posted:

next episode will teach you the error of your ways.

1x05
Even if he develops later, I'm still going to have some problems. That guy who fumbled his way through the meeting with the other three gangsters? There's no way that guy corrupts the NYPD to the point where they execute snitches. There's no way he fills a swanky restaurant with his own lackeys so they all jump up in unison at the Russian guy. It's like the show couldn't decide whether he's the Kingpin already, or on the way to becoming the Kingpin.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
End of series spoilers

I'm really gonna miss the black suit :( I loved it, especially the eye-covering. I also liked him just picking poo poo up, like wood dowels, to wreck fools.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm still taking this slowly. But Jesus Christ the end of episode four. Also D'Onofrio is the goddamn best.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Holy poo poo.

This has been amazing and then 1x08. Holy fuckballs I jumped out of my skin when kid Fisk started swinging that hammer.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

All of the performances have been pretty good so far, but Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin might be my favorite comic->screen transition since Liam Neeson's Ra's Al Ghul.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

fadam posted:

All of the performances have been pretty good so far, but Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin might be my favorite comic->screen transition since Liam Neeson's Ra's Al Ghul.

Definitely great acting, I just take issue with the writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Just finished 1x13. The Kingpin/Daredevil throwdown is just what it should be. Also Turk running like hell from the law is traditional.