Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Wow I have a lot of posts to catch up on here! Sorry I was not around at all the last 36 hours. I don't suppose anyone would summarize everything for me so I don't have to read back?

This post is making my nose twitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

Doug Rattman posted:

TheRam makes a very convincing argument. I would be willing to vote for LUTR if that's what it comes down to.

Yeh sadly this feels like a scumpost to me too.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

you think "two scum running a claimed masons gambit" is likelier than literally anybody else being scum?

I think that is a little bit of a biased read of that single sentence summary.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

Opopanax posted:

This post is making my nose twitch

As does your effort to appear like you're contributing! :)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

biased how?

he listed three scum picks: the two claimed masons, and punt.

that means he thinks the two claimed masons are likelier to be scum than anybody who isn't on that list.

that's not a reasonable opinion.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

At Chuck E Cheese at a kids birthday party, as soon as I get done beating some six year olds at basketball I'll reread*, but I just wanted to take a moment for this post

Look Under The Rock posted:

I hate "list of everyone" posts, it falls under generating content but your opinions seem genuine to me.

Can't agree more with this. Giant list posts are The Worst, especially this early in the game when there is hardly anything to work with. Phone posting so I can't go back and look at it now but if I remember correctly it contained two scum calls while asking six players for their top three scum picks. That is such an easy way to hedge and then use the opportunity to call people out on the three people they have labelled later. Especially when they didn't have the decency to give three themselves :colbert: But, for once in my life I've got a town read on the list as a town list.

That's said

quote:

Top 3 scum are the claimed masons and Punt.

I just don't know how on Day 1 you can argue against confirmed mason claim. Maybe it does turn out to be a scum gambit, but it's not a route worth pursuing D1 imo. Make a note of it and take the CapnAndy approach later.

*Assuming I can talk my way into being rider on the way home it will be much sooner than later

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Wow I was totally joking about the masons being scum, I didn't think it was gonna turn into a whole big thing. I can't give any reads now but I'll be back in a few hours and will do a reread of the thread.

Also I hate day 1 and its bullshit to try to read people based on whatever you pull out of your rear end

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Wow I was totally joking about the masons being scum, I didn't think it was gonna turn into a whole big thing. I can't give any reads now but I'll be back in a few hours and will do a reread of the thread.

Also I hate day 1 and its bullshit to try to read people based on whatever you pull out of your rear end

in the last two games we played together

-we dunked a scum day one
-i identified 3/4 scum based on d1 alone

free your mind from day one negativity

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Why do people say they hate day one all the time it's sooo dumb. D1 is funny and hard.

It's the only guaranteed day you get in a game too unless you get vig'd or something so you should probably learn to enjoy it...

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

in the last two games we played together

-we dunked a scum day one
-i identified 3/4 scum based on d1 alone

free your mind from day one negativity

don't go for a pee mid post pmom will make you look like an echo

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Btw my new least favorite buzzphrase is any variation of "generating content"

And sorry for asking people to quit jokephase but 1) it worked and 2) it worked

Maybe instead of policing my use of language you could engage with the points made? Nice job taking credit for other people's work without doing anything as well, makes me feel better about you.

Actually I'm on board because "generating content"

##vote punt

Lazy opportunism and laughable reasoning. EAT MY VOTE SCUMBO ##vote LUTR

Pinterest Mom posted:

Deflecting from "come on, a confirmed mason claim isn't a good place to start looking for scum" with "what is even the nature of scumminess, or existence, or anything" is awkward af. It's a good vote.

That's not a deflection your entire position rests on the assertion that set scum behaviours exist, pointing out that I think that is flawed logic is entirely legitimate.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hi everyone I'm back ill read the thread now what did i miss?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Rurea posted:

Hi everyone I'm back ill read the thread now what did i miss?

we're voting lutr

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

TheRam posted:

we're voting lutr

Okay ill take a look

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I hate "list of everyone" posts, it falls under generating content but your opinions seem genuine to me.

lol
##vote lutr

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

if anyone has a vig murder sombrero before we get another 2 pages of people arguing about absolutely nothing

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Quoting is hard so I'll just say this -- you're upset because I admitted I didn't read ~every post~ of jokephase and then called someone out for not reading any of them

False equivalency but w/e

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

if anyone has a vig murder sombrero before we get another 2 pages of people arguing about absolutely nothing

There's a reason this guy is saying this

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

GulagDolls posted:

you seemed to be on my side during that argument. why scold both of us?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the reason is that i want him to die.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Poque posted:

you seemed to be on my side during that argument. why scold both of us?

i'm not.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

biased how?

he listed three scum picks: the two claimed masons, and punt.

that means he thinks the two claimed masons are likelier to be scum than anybody who isn't on that list.

that's not a reasonable opinion.

Well he said it was joke anyway, but the point is regardless of whatever claims have been made there is nothing wrong with going "well these people seem scummiest" and trying to paint that as something that makes no sense and is totally scummy to say feels phony to me. Especially early in the game.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

the reason is that i want him to die.

Be specific, why hold back? Why Somber?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well he said it was joke anyway, but the point is regardless of whatever claims have been made there is nothing wrong with going "well these people seem scummiest" and trying to paint that as something that makes no sense and is totally scummy to say feels phony to me. Especially early in the game.

AnonNarc said they were joking, not LUTR, unless I missed it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Do not vote lutr under any circumstances.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote lutr

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Whatever. She is my confirmed mason. Hence why she did not trust the other assholes because confirming 4/21 players on day one is nuts.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

there's only two confirmed masons here, and it's not you two dingbats

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Quoting is hard so I'll just say this -- you're upset because I admitted I didn't read ~every post~ of jokephase and then called someone out for not reading any of them

False equivalency but w/e

lol I'm not upset

Somberbrero posted:

Whatever. She is my confirmed mason. Hence why she did not trust the other assholes because confirming 4/21 players on day one is nuts.

Confirmed town masons? You are 110% sure of this?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

PERPETUAL IDIOT: Lurker. One content post. No idea who you think is scum. Who are your top 3 scum picks?

In no particular order, I'd say that I think Max, LOTU, and Hal are my top 3.

Max has the third vote on wall monitor with very little to back it up. He says that he doesn't think wall monitor is scum:

Max posted:

Can't decide if Wall is scum but at the very least he seems like a detriment to the town.
I can agree with this.

But follows up a half hour later with a vote with no explanation in it at all

Max posted:

I hate PR but also ##vote wall monitor

LOTU for listing Punt among his top 3 scum candidates for apparently using a buzzword. I find the arguments others have posted about him pretty convincing.

Hal Incandenza seems to be defending LOTU (which is reasonable enough, I don't think the argument against him is unassailable) by saying that this post:

Pinterest Mom posted:

you think "two scum running a claimed masons gambit" is likelier than literally anybody else being scum?
is a "biased reading" of this post:

Later Hal claims that LOTU said he was joking, when of course LOTU never said anything like that at all.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh okay
##unvote

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

If we're giving LUTR a by then I think I'll vote to kill Perpetual Idiot for that stupid scumpost just now or Doug for his followup post to my case on LUTR which felt scummy.

Though I need somber or lutr to post saying this:

"I am confirmed town mason with [insert name here]" I will accept no other format.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

TheRam, I will do this if you'll answer why you didn't have Gulag and Doug do that.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

TheRam, I will do this if you'll answer why you didn't have Gulag and Doug do that.

I thought gulag was joking and didn't see any reason not to let it play out. Gulag has a sense of humour y'see.

okay now go!

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I am confirmed town masons with Somberbrero.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I was bluffing but okay good enough for me. Still I'm assuming gulag was lying and if I did have some lie detector it would have been a terrible use since gulag lying != scum.

##vote doug ratman

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Long rear end post snipped

A lot of this is pressing on gut for me. You say lurker a lot. Lurker, lurker, lurker. Did you really need to make the longass list just to call half the people on it for not posting much yet on D1?

Doug Rattman posted:

TheRam makes a very convincing argument. I would be willing to vote for LUTR if that's what it comes down to.

The wind seems to be shifting in Doug's direction. He seems bandwagony and eager to get votes off of himself.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Doug Rattman posted:

This is no joke the same exact reasoning you found me scummy and voted for me, which is really a terrible injustice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I guess now I'm not trying to keep from claiming so ##vote Doug

• Locked thread