Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

We hit poo poo luck on N1, but it wouldn't have mattered I guess

merk's role of "mason-recruiter-cop-with-two-auto-bodyguards" was hilariously OP

I hosed up so many times, I am so rusty at mafia

When Q got lynched we had no nightkill ability and Keane was already off the rails so I fakeclaimed a bad claim because I missed most of D1 and didn't remember Q's fakeclaim

I was going to claim the White Mage role eventually but I got called out on my softclaim and I knew merk & co were not going to let up, and they were leading the town by that point so I just self-hammered

CPig, I think it was, succinctly explained my feelings on this game -- it went onto cruise control and removed all playability through setup stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

I will admit that the only reason I did not seriously pursue Narco is because of the mechanics discussion and PMom vouching for her. I was actually annoyed by her play style and would have pushed her lynch in any other situation.

Can we get links to the other faction docs? I am interested in how the scum team and other 3P interacted outside the thread.

Assassin Scum Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FzV3qtkhnqzPOH1iVbZqR8qgR-FIIjtND6z6RNpqfmA/edit#gid=0

We talked here and there but you'll see how generally speaking we were complacent the town would rally against the 3P.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

In particular, I was fairly confident at one point that we were gonna get to the end fairly safely but then the recruiting bombshell dropped and it was not pretty after that, if I remember right

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

I was town.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

what post made you think i had scumdoc access?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ernie. posted:

what post made you think i had scumdoc access?

As soon as we started talking about killing you was when you posted this:

Ernie. posted:

please don't end the day cycle before tonight, i have two cases i want to make because i have this ominous feeling that i'll die tonight

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
As an aside, I never make docs for players to talk OOT, so you can be sure I will never give out the links to docs you all create. That is an Ecco Promise.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It was mostly a joke, but very convenient timing.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

As an aside, I never make docs for players to talk OOT, so you can be sure I will never give out the links to docs you all create. That is an Ecco Promise.

Huh. Why's that?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"Back in my day, we didn't use no fancy-pants googledocs for our scumchats. We AIM'd each other and liked it, tarnation!"

I'm not sure when it became customary for mods to do it but I'm not going to kowtow to the tyranny of the majority, especially when my Preferred Method of Googledoc is universally panned as too cumbersome. But if you ask me, if something is easy to do, that's a good enough reason to suspect it's also the wrong thing to do.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What is your oreferred method of doing the docs?

I don't know where I picked up the use Googlesheets and one column per player thing from but the first scum docs I was givn as a player, the other players either used a doc and just wrote folling each other or used google sheets and everyone was in the same coulmn.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I prefer the one-column method, yeah. It's way easier to have threads of conversation with players (and see when threads are updated when scrolling down to the most recent posts). Multi-column is really good for people who are all sitting at the doc at the same time, but absolutely awful for everyone else.

Buuut the community writ large has disagreed with me since I haven't seen anyone do single-columns in ages, and when I did single-columns for a scum team a year or so ago my team rioted.

(e: fixed typo)

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Apr 12, 2015

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So the idea with one column is you preface your comment with your name I guess?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Assigned colors normally (e.g. I always snag "yellow background teal text" since it's what SALR colors my posts). I'm even willing to bet that the custom of assigning colors for multi-column scumdocs is a holdover from that single-column tradition, since it's not strictly necessary (though aesthetically more appealing) (though I don't think it's done for aesthetic reasons because some people's color combinations are AWFUL).

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Man our team played this game awfully, me most notably. I do believe the game would have turned out vastly different though if I hadn't gotten stopped from vanishing merk N1 though, which is frustrating. Fun game though ecco!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

Assigned colors normally (e.g. I always snag "yellow background teal text" since it's what SALR colors my posts). I'm even willing to bet that the custom of assigning colors for multi-column scumdocs is a holdover from that single-column tradition, since it's not strictly necessary (though aesthetically more appealing) (though I don't think it's done for aesthetic reasons because some people's color combinations are AWFUL).

people just change their own column to their favourite colour because they like it, it's not that hard to figure out.

• Locked thread