Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Look Under The Rock posted:

I really do want to know why you were hitting that deadline argument so hard but eh

I had misread the "typically" in the OP as "days will typically be 48 hours" and not the deadline "typically" being at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Poque posted:

I had misread the "typically" in the OP as "days will typically be 48 hours" and not the deadline "typically" being at a time.

You could have said that way earlier, still don't like it, w/e

##vote samfucius cuz it's curtain.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm here, will switch to Doug if I have to but I'm not feeling it at all

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Poque posted:

I find I believe you less now...

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

10 minutes guys

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oop, now Sam's the vote leader. I'll read back and see why but I think my feelings on 11th hour turbos are pretty well known

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

JESUS READ THE DEADLINE HOW COULD YOU MISREAD THAT

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

is it really just to save your mason partner

because scum gulag does this for scumbros im told by a guy

that and his string of posts on this page, culminating with

quote:

Why waste our time talking about it, though? Asking us if anything has happened in 320 posts is just giving us dumb busywork. Skim those posts if you hate D1 that much, maybe look for things that seem to be quoted a bunch to gauge what is important, I dunno.

this statement that wasting our time with a single question that no one is obliged to answer is scummy. when the logic of this statement is questioned, he says

quote:

I could vote Max.

incredible!!! either that or a response to max saying he is weird. either way he doesn't vote max and holds onto doug vote that is based on incredibly flimsy reasoning

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh...its 10:30. That's way too specific. fuk of votefinder

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok so the samfucious dunk is kind of bullshit too as far as I can see. Anyone want to convince me?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

do it or i loving kil lyou

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

that and his string of posts on this page, culminating with

this statement that wasting our time with a single question that no one is obliged to answer is scummy. when the logic of this statement is questioned, he says

incredible!!! either that or a response to max saying he is weird. either way he doesn't vote max and holds onto doug vote that is based on incredibly flimsy reasoning

Cool, between this and an earlier post, i mark thee town, kiss the bride

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I didn't vote max because max currently has 1 vote and it doesn't seem like it would go anywhere, ya goof.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Ok so the samfucious dunk is kind of bullshit too as far as I can see. Anyone want to convince me?

You don't like my reasoning? I'm not gonna link it but its there and the whole reason for the votes, explain your issues with what I said

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Poque posted:

Curious how you like a Somber case but don't like Doug? Somber had the perfect opportunity to go after me and let it go, and you don't like the case on me as it exists. It stands to follow that you should like Somber. Aside from the claim I don't see any reason to think Doug is town based on his content.

Because those posts from Somber I mentioned are posts that I did not like. I have no idea why anyone when counter claimed (potentially, obv assuming not two confirmed mason teams) would just go "eh, scum will take care of it." Meanwhile, to quote you,

Poque posted:

the case on doug is that he refuses to read the earlier pages of the game.

Which is bad but to me just reads more stupid than scummy. Same with your arguing with Somber. It seemed pointless, sure, but didn't give me any alignment read, which is why it wasn't part of my thoughts on him. People of all alignments can get into arguments over dumb things

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Samfucius posted:

I didn't vote max because max currently has 1 vote and it doesn't seem like it would go anywhere, ya goof.

reading thread intently but not posting until needed to. haha..

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I'm voting for him but I don't think there's a strong case to be made. The question is whether you'd prefer voting for one of the claimed masons or getting a no lynch.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

You don't like my reasoning? I'm not gonna link it but its there and the whole reason for the votes, explain your issues with what I said

It really feels like you're tilting at windmills. Granted you've caught me on some pretty stupid poo poo before so it has more weight than just anyone else making that case.

I like it better than Doug, I guess.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Samfucius posted:

It read to me like you were testing the waters to see if a vote on me would work. Do you even have a reason beyond "I'd vote for him?"

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Wait, who even really responded to my post about wasting time? Who questioned it? If you mean this:

GulagDolls posted:

is wasting time scummy now, because, if so, we may have to lynch the sombrero.

This is not... anything. This is Gulag white noise. It is just a setup for a sombrero dig. If it was a genuine question instead of a needle that I ignored, the answer is something I already posted, that is is definitely bad play, potentially scummy. It's my best read and I am sticking with it, unless I need to switch to a decent candidate to avoid a nolynch.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

max wasted our time by making his name three letters instead of Ma, or maybe even M

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Samfucius posted:

Wait, who even really responded to my post about wasting time? Who questioned it? If you mean this:

This is not... anything. This is Gulag white noise. It is just a setup for a sombrero dig. If it was a genuine question instead of a needle that I ignored, the answer is something I already posted, that is is definitely bad play, potentially scummy. It's my best read and I am sticking with it, unless I need to switch to a decent candidate to avoid a nolynch.

how do you not interpret that as a real question lol

you haven't explained why it is bad play or potentially scummy to say "i'm not reading jokephase f off"

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Max posted:

It read to me like you were testing the waters to see if a vote on me would work. Do you even have a reason beyond "I'd vote for him?"

Because you never made any attempt to post until there was some momentum going Doug's way, then you changed to me when the momentum shifted my way. You are doing a great job of floating along.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I actually got off Doug when I remembered he was a mason. I hadn't noticed you until GP brought you up. And I've never seen one vote on someone as momentum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

GulagDolls posted:

max wasted our time by making his name three letters instead of Ma, or maybe even M

My friend bought me this account a long time ago, so I never had a choice in that matter.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

how do you not interpret that as a real question lol

you haven't explained why it is bad play or potentially scummy to say "i'm not reading jokephase f off"

It is bad play to ask everyone else pick up slack, not to dislike joke phase. If he's town, why?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Agh, nearly at deadline

##vote Samifuchius

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

Samfucius posted:

Because you never made any attempt to post until there was some momentum going Doug's way, then you changed to me when the momentum shifted my way. You are doing a great job of floating along.
:ironicat:

Samfucius posted:

I could vote Max.

See, were you actually town, you would pick one guy and try to actually get him lynched.

##vote samfucius

Anonymous had been my vote, but that lynch doesn't have a chance of happening. Sam hasn't seemed to put any effort into the day. Read him again and the one thing that jumped out at me is his complete unwillingness to commit to any strong position, other than the fact that Doug is "lovely, potentially scummy." Giuseppe is "bombastic" and "trying to be a presence with minimal effort." Then he moves to LUTR, who he hadn't mentioned prior to that. Max sums up Sam's post history, and so Sam says he could vote Max. I mean at this point he's just flailing.

Maybe claim? Because time is short, and I'm not voting Doug.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Samfucius (8): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Max, Poque, PERPETUAL IDIOT, GulagDolls, Look Under The Rock, wall monitor, WHICH WAY MADNESS
Doug Rattman (4): wall monitor, Samfucius, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, TheRam, Look Under The Rock, Max, Pinterest Mom, Max, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Somberbrero, Look Under The Rock, wall monitor
Somberbrero (2): GulagDolls, TheRam, TheRam, TheRam, Opopanax, TheRam, GulagDolls, chaoslord
Ernie. (1): TheRam, AnonymousNarcotics, TheRam, TheRam, TheRam
Look Under The Rock (1): Poque, Poque, TheRam, Puntification, GulagDolls, Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom, TheRam, GulagDolls
wall monitor (1): Somberbrero, Little Mac, Max, Max, Somberbrero
AnonymousNarcotics (1): WHICH WAY MADNESS, Ernie., WHICH WAY MADNESS
Max (1): Puntification, Poque, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Poque, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Doug Rattman, Puntification
TheRam (0): Max, Max, Ernie., GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Ernie.
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (0): Somberbrero, Max, Max, Somberbrero
Hal Incandenza (0): Opopanax, Look Under The Rock, Opopanax, Look Under The Rock
chaoslord (0): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Ernie., Ernie.
Puntification (0): Max, Max, Pinterest Mom, Look Under The Rock, Pinterest Mom, Look Under The Rock
Poque (0): TheRam, TheRam, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Look Under The Rock, Look Under The Rock

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, Rurea

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 11th, 2015 at 10:32 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 minutes.

REMEMBER you have one hour after the HAMMER to pm me your search locations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote Samfucius

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
-2, 3 minutes

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Poque posted:

-2, 3 minutes

We have to have at least 2 people around.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Max posted:

We have to have at least 2 people around.

Doesn't appear so

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
Oh gently caress it ##chop Samfucius

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
El Dorado, 4:30pm, Denny's

An officer stands questioning a waitress.

"So just tell me from the start what happened Sally."

"Sure thing officer, Mr. Brooks came in at 4:30 just like every day for his dinner.
Then a bunch of other townsfolk came in all rowdy after a shouting match with Used Car Hank, Poor old harry told them to get out they were ruining his dinner and then before you know it Pete pulled out an axe and killed him!"

"So you are telling me that everyone basically just accused an 80 year old man in a Rascal of being a criminal mastermind and then a man chopped him up with an axe?"

"Yes sir."

"I'm getting too old for this poo poo Sally.

They immediately went to his home and searched it discovering nothing incriminating or unusual.

Oh well, better luck next time citizens.

Samfucius - Harry Brooks - Town aligned normal old dude was chopped to death with a fireaxe!

You are Harry Brooks

You are an old guy and your wife is dead.

You might as well help the police with what little time you have left.

VANILLA TOWN'D

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Day 1 has ended in a no lynch!

It is now Night 1 please get your actions and search locations in to me and when I have them all or an hour from the hammer, whichever is first, I will send links to docs to everyone in the same location.

Strict 24 hour night deadline from THIS POST, have your actions to me by then.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
twilight until I close the thread

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

So it's no lynch, but he died anyway?

Huh.

Well if I don't survive the night please vote Doug tomorro kthx.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

wall monitor posted:

Huh.

He got chopped by WWM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

wall monitor posted:

Huh.

Why would you not survive the night?

• Locked thread