Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Shirobako was awesome and my AOTY.

Still

Zettace posted:

Dudes, everyone in this show is my girlfriend/boyfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Zettace posted:

Dudes, everyone in this show is my girlfriend/boyfriend.

This is impossible, as my detailed spreadsheet pairing them off with each other clearly shows.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Fangz posted:

Funny story.

I've branded my name on his rear end.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
What was Funny Story's deal anyway? It seemed to go beyond just being lazy into actively loving up the production.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Lazy and will do anything to cement his status as a bigshot.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Dr_Amazing posted:

What was Funny Story's deal anyway? It seemed to go beyond just being lazy into actively loving up the production.

I believe it was that he wanted to shield Nogame from the hassle of dealing with the majority of responsibilities that would otherwise be routed through him (him being Chazawa/Funny Sorry).

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Phobophilia posted:

Lazy and will do anything to cement his status as a bigshot.
I presumed that most of his later actions were to spite Musani for going around him the first time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I miss Shirobako.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Dr_Amazing posted:

Doesn't respect the people doing the work + they interrupted his driving range practice.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Dr_Amazing posted:

He mentions it really fast, he was worried about the mangaka meeting his deadlines, so he wasn't bringing up any of the anime stuff to him to distract him. Or something like that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

DamnGlitch posted:

He mentions it really fast, he was worried about the mangaka meeting his deadlines, so he wasn't bringing up any of the anime stuff to him to distract him. Or something like that.

Yeah but that seemed to be bullshit. The author was not doing his series at the time as he had writers block. It seemed Chazawa's only reasoning was not respecting them and wanting to enjoy himself with freetime. It's why he would only do the bare minimum. He would show up to what he was supposed to do say he had to leave and then do his own thing like the golf range.

Pretty much he was a lazy rear end in a top hat who did not want to do his job. After they caught him that first time he seemed to actually take a disliking to them and went out of his way to make things harder for them.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I think it was probably legit but not because he was trying to help but more because getting his guy to write more helps him out. I dunno.

He's like the quintessential lovely editor. "shove this anime stuff up your rear end my meal ticket needs to work on his stuff" or something

He definitely took it to another level when he actively started to try and poo poo on PA Work Musashi.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I figured that it was him being generally lazy, as he tended to end his meetings quickly and halfway through, approving things without reading them, etc. and as we saw later, one of his "important meetings" was golfing at a driving range. Additionally, he was probably trying to save his own neck by not giving the artist any extra responsibility in the hopes that he'd meet deadlines, even though doing so was just pissing in the wind since the guy was facing writer's block (which the editor seemed ill-equipped to help) and all the Musashino adaptation errors were just making him upset anyway.

Basically the guy is lovely at his job and being a responsible person. Sort of like a Tarou without the good intentions.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neeksy posted:

I figured that it was him being generally lazy, as he tended to end his meetings quickly and halfway through, approving things without reading them, etc. and as we saw later, one of his "important meetings" was golfing at a driving range. Additionally, he was probably trying to save his own neck by not giving the artist any extra responsibility in the hopes that he'd meet deadlines, even though doing so was just pissing in the wind since the guy was facing writer's block (which the editor seemed ill-equipped to help) and all the Musashino adaptation errors were just making him upset anyway.

Basically the guy is lovely at his job and being a responsible person. Sort of like a Tarou without the good intentions.

Tarou even stopped being lovely at his job while this guy kept at it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

DamnGlitch posted:

Editor was probably under the assumption that the author needed no distractions to keep working and that included working with the anime staff. Any interactions with the anime staff had him essentially checking out since he had the complete intention of only listening to the bare minimum of what he had to say or do unless it was straight from the author.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Editor was probably under the assumption that the author needed no distractions to keep working and that included working with the anime staff. Any interactions with the anime staff had him essentially checking out since he had the complete intention of only listening to the bare minimum of what he had to say or do unless it was straight from the author.

I figure he was doing it less for the author's sake and more for his own. If he just says 'Sure, that's fine' to everything, he probably figured that it was less work for him than constantly going back and forth between the two parties with suggestions. Of course, it was stupid and only resulted in more problems for everyone else, but I doubt he cared that much.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

He was probably coasting on a lot of good will since the manga seemed to be doing fine so he probably figured he didn't need to change how he did things and his superiors were satisfied with him because they didn't know. Then in comes the anime and this animation studio that keeps making demands of him to do a job he's been lazy about all along. If the anime sinks, it'll be their fault so he doesn't really care about making it work beyond the most basic of checks.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I have to admit that I'd be pretty unenthusiastic if my job suddenly included a bunch more meetings with people I didn't care about for a project I didn't care about, and I wasn't being paid any more.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Whoah, trippy.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Not-Anno is a nice touch.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Make a gif out of the Aoi column please.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blonde diesel...

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

Make a gif out of the Aoi column please.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

And if anyone wants to make their own, here's some Avisynth:
code:
function getimg(clip img, int x, int y) {
  return img.crop(x*231+1, ceil(y*231.6)+1, 226, 228)
}

imagesource("H:\anime\Wq3MSP7.jpg")
animate(0,13, "getimg", 4,0, 4,13) # <-- change this line
trim(0, 13)
assumefps(10)
lanczosresize(100,100)

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Will this be out in the US on bluray or something?

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

PaganGoatPants posted:

Will this be out in the US on bluray or something?

I wouldn't count on it getting a good release. Sentai Filmworks picked up the license.

not
Oct 13, 2006
:s:
This show is awesome, and the best anime I've seen in some time.

So is authorizing the release of dakimakura an unfortunate financial necessity in the anime industry, now?

...Oh god, it's like that casting meeting times a hundred, isn't it? Except that instead of having Vested Interest Man and I Like Boobs Man, you have Vested Interest In Boobs Man.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

No, one of the producers just wanted to make some, with his company.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I went googling to see if you were joking or not and good lord it's like some anime pillow sommelier

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I guess you mean this right? (Questionable worksafeness)
https://40.media.tumblr.com/d56ce84d7256984cef352eee8d98fd9c/tumblr_nn2260PEns1sqcf7yo1_1280.jpg

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

:greencube:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Awwwwwwww yeah.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The only shows in 2014 that outsold Shirobako are, in order of sales:

Love Live s2
UBW s1
Haikyuu!!
SAO 2
Hoozuki no Reitetsu

out of like 200.

By that metric it is more than successful enough already.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

quoted for ban

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I miss Shirobako, immensely.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

I want Exodus to get its own cour.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Oh this show actually has a thread, good. It was excellent.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

dublish posted:

I want Exodus to get its own cour.

I'd rather get the Aerial Squadron, myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I want to watch RoboHaru

• Locked thread