Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah I'm really not seeing TheRam as scum, even if he does have a silly PR.

Me either at this point. He seems like he's thinking about the game, he's just got a stupid PR that makes it harder to understand him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EXAKT Science posted:

If you all say so... I'm still wary of them. Off to find a dentist!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Byers, how do you read GG's trying to set up a double (potentially triple) chaindunk based on unflipped players?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

Byers, how do you read GG's trying to set up a double (potentially triple) chaindunk based on unflipped players?

I don't see it as a true chain lynch. A true chain lynch is, "We should lynch <Player A>, if <Player A> flips town we need to lynch <Player B>." This isn't that. I don't like the mentality behind his cases, which varies from literally not based in reality to me-too to OMGUS, but I don't see it as a chain lynch.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Byers2142 posted:

I don't see it as a true chain lynch. A true chain lynch is, "We should lynch <Player A>, if <Player A> flips town we need to lynch <Player B>." This isn't that. I don't like the mentality behind his cases, which varies from literally not based in reality to me-too to OMGUS, but I don't see it as a chain lynch.

Pffbbffbbbt. It's you isn't it?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Pffbbffbbbt. It's you isn't it?

Your "gut read" of me came after I started casing you for your Orvin vote. You want to push a case on me, but can't.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Whats wrong with people casing multiple people?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I don't think anyone should take TheDog's barking seriously and sticking to a PR that has collectively been deemed annoying/stupid or anti town makes me feel like it's a cover and ultimately fake content with no other purpose than feeding Alasdair's hunt.

For the record, you read closely to how you did in Golgatha. Inclined to think Dark Baby Aligned.

Oh yeah, I didn't comment on this directly. He discounts TheRam's contributions to the game, even though he's been scumhunting, and then proceeds to call someone applying pressure to him (me) town, which I don't like.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Big Nothing posted:

That's not what this is about, come on.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

That's not what this is about, come on.

If it's not a chain lynch suggestion )it's not), then yeah, it is. I think GG might be scummy, but not because of what you're pushing at.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Byers2142 posted:

If it's not a chain lynch suggestion )it's not), then yeah, it is. I think GG might be scummy, but not because of what you're pushing at.

What I mean is that it's not about casing multiple people, per se, but about the way those people are being cased.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

What I mean is that it's not about casing multiple people, per se, but about the way those people are being cased.

That, I would agree with. His cases on Orvin, TheRam, and me all rub me wrong, and his case on Alasdair is basically agreeing with my case.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Big Nothing posted:

This is literally a majority of his posts! It really feels scummy at this point.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Lumpenlists are so first quarter 2015.

the new hotness are LumpenTrees (tm), sprawling N-branch decision trees detailing in full who you should vote depending on who flips as what.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

wall monitor posted:

Lumpenlists are so first quarter 2015.

the new hotness are LumpenTrees (tm), sprawling N-branch decision trees detailing in full who you should vote depending on who flips as what.

This seems even more rife with potential for abuse by the scumbos.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

This seems even more rife with potential for abuse by the scumbos.

Which may be why he's being a smartass, not serious.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
As town I stick to my guns even though they might be aimed at the wrong people to begin with.

Although my casing may seem incomplete, what I do have is conviction. Whereas, if I was scum, I'd try to play up my innocence and discredit my own ability.

I'll gladly (try to)provide some substance to my claims when I get back home.

EXAKT Science posted:

Oh yeah, I didn't comment on this directly. He discounts TheRam's contributions to the game, even though he's been scumhunting, and then proceeds to call someone applying pressure to him (me) town, which I don't like.

As far as this is concerned. TheRam's contributions have literally been barks and growls at people.

I think you're town just because that's how you appear. What don't you like about that?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

As far as this is concerned. TheRam's contributions have literally been barks and growls at people.

I think you're town just because that's how you appear. What don't you like about that?

They literally aren't just barks and growls.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Speaking for myself, I'm suspicious by default when people say I'm town without offering any further explanation, because how do they know?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Byers2142 posted:

Which may be why he's being a smartass, not serious.

Yeah I got that that was a joke, I meant to reply in a more lighthearted manner :v:

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

As town I stick to my guns even though they might be aimed at the wrong people to begin with.

Although my casing may seem incomplete, what I do have is conviction. Whereas, if I was scum, I'd try to play up my innocence and discredit my own ability.

I don't like it when the people I'm voting townread me, usually. I look forward to seeing what substance you can provide later.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I don't think anyone should take TheDog's barking seriously and sticking to a PR that has collectively been deemed annoying/stupid or anti town makes me feel like it's a cover and ultimately fake content with no other purpose than feeding Alasdair's hunt.

For the record, you read closely to how you did in Golgatha. Inclined to think Dark Baby Aligned.

*yawns and goes back to sleep*

Byers2142 posted:

Why wouldn't we take TheRam's barking seriously when we can at least get scum reads from him? Saying we shouldn't take it seriously seems to mitigate any cases/votes he actually makes.

*eyes open, head still rested on paws, tail begins to flap weakly*

EXAKT Science posted:

*tail begins to wag, begrudgingly*

Byers2142 posted:

Me either at this point. He seems like he's thinking about the game, he's just got a stupid PR that makes it harder to understand him.

*makes eye contact with Byers, and in a moment of ~~connection~~ winks at him, this resounds deeply with Byers*

*sniffs GG and smells stupidity*

EXAKT Science posted:

*looks at EXACT with trust, but the smell of stupidity emanating from GG is so strong and nauseating begins to dryheave*

HYEGHH... HYEGHH...

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

HYECCHH

*a pile of grass and the remains of a sandwich that went missing inexplicably lays at the feet of GG*

*yawns and goes back to sleep*

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

See? He's now also throwing up as contributions to the game. Barks and growls my achin' rear end.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Would it be too cruel to lynch the dog

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Byers2142 posted:

See? He's now also throwing up as contributions to the game. Barks and growls my achin' rear end.

My eyes are rolling so hard they might just roll out of my head.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Big Nothing posted:

If there's momentum for it, it'll get my vote.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

If there's momentum for it, it'll get my vote.

I would not shed too many tears if the self-imposed post restriction went to that big kennel in the sky.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Let me be the first then. ##vote TheRam

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Let me be the first then. ##vote TheRam

Here-a we go: ##vote TheRam

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
*one eye lid opens, and one ear raises slightly, after carrying out an ocular pat-down no threats are determined. within moments of shutting his eye a gentle sleeping breathing cadence is heard*

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sorry everyone, had a pretty busy weekend. Lemme glance over the last couple of pages so that I can start post post posting.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Something tells me people are scared of lynching someone who might make them look bad when they flip town

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

##vote TheRam

Kill the dog :v:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I can't wait for day 2 to start where we'll end up with little to no info from the flip

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Voting the ram is a stupid idea. His PR is annoying but not really scummy. He's actually giving reads unlike some other people (myself included I'll admit but I wanna go back and read the thread after I nap)

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

All flips give information. It lets us read into their reads with trust/skeptism

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
The question is, would you rather lynch the guy with contextless posts or the guy who has legitmately been playing scummy

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

This is what you'll be killing, goons. Also, BN's terrible for even making this ploy.

##vote Big Nothing

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Big Nothing posted:

This is scum testing the water without laying out a vote himself, just like how he'd "vote in an instant" for TheRam but didn't have a good read on him.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Guess i should claim

im both a Watcher and a Tracker. I get to see who targets my target and who my target targets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Byers2142 posted:

This is scum testing the water without laying out a vote himself, just like how he'd "vote in an instant" for TheRam but didn't have a good read on him.

i wasnt touching the water at all, i would of just rather lynched alasdair rather than doggy as the case had more substance to it. It was even your case!

• Locked thread