Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Big Nothing posted:

Guess i should claim

im both a Watcher and a Tracker. I get to see who targets my target and who my target targets.

Why did you not respond when I pointed out your inconsistencies in regards to TheRam earlier, and why are you still avoiding it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Read last post of last page please byers!

to re-iterate: i felt more confident voting for alasdair rather than doggy

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

Big Nothing posted:

Guess i should claim

im both a Watcher and a Tracker. I get to see who targets my target and who my target targets.

*looks forlornly out of the window, thinks that in a game where everyone is a power role(?) it smells like bad guys might have multi-powers in an attempt to compensate for inherent problems that arise with 75% (or thereabouts) of the game having night actions*

##vote Big Nothing

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

TheRam posted:

*looks forlornly out of the window, thinks that in a game where everyone is a power role(?) it smells like bad guys might have multi-powers in an attempt to compensate for inherent problems that arise with 75% (or thereabouts) of the game having night actions that could harm them in one way or another*

##vote Big Nothing

woof

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Or, think about this for a second, i am dark baby aligned?

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

This is the worst arguement ever. I must be scum because i have a non-killing power?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Big Nothing posted:

This is the worst arguement ever. I must be scum because i have a non-killing power?

That's not what he said.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

It's still setup speculation. In a role madness game. On day 1.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Big Nothing posted:

i wasnt touching the water at all, i would of just rather lynched alasdair rather than doggy as the case had more substance to it. It was even your case!

Which doesn't match with:

Big Nothing posted:

Id vote him ina heartbeat, but cant see anybody else voting. Even if his cases are half as understandable, their still better than anything people like Anonymousnarcotics and Pig have put forward

It also doesn't match with moving off of Alasdair, who was next in line for the lynch after you, to vote TheRam.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Big Nothing posted:

It's still setup speculation. In a role madness game. On day 1.

Which is a reason to think it's wrong. Tell me why it's scummy.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Oh, that's -1...

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Do you think im scum Byers?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##unvote

we still have 10 hours lets see more discussion.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

What was the case on Big Nothing again? I missed it in the last five or so pages.

Also what's voice copping.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Big Nothing posted:

Do you think im scum Byers?

Yes.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

The Ninth Layer posted:

What was the case on Big Nothing again? I missed it in the last five or so pages.

*growls and backs you towards the start of the thread*

grrrrRrrrrRrrrrrr

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

For me, it's his recent posting in which he continuously pushes for TheRam's lynch while stating that Alasdair is his only strong scum lead. Also his weak sauce post that started the TheRam voting:

Big Nothing posted:

Would it be too cruel to lynch the dog

Voicecopping is stupid. Record yourself saying "I'm town,", upload it, link it, and Alasdair can fake content by commenting on it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TheRam posted:

*growls and backs you towards the start of the thread*

grrrrRrrrrRrrrrrr

If someone can't tell me why Big Nothing is being lynched on this page, I''m just going to assume there isn't a case against him.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

If someone can't tell me why Big Nothing is being lynched on this page, I''m just going to assume there isn't a case against him.

Literally right above this post I'm quoting.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TheRam's self-imposed post restriction is ironic because I once played a game in which he came out strongly against self-imposed post restrictions and he turned out to be scum. That doesn't make him scum here and I think he's been posting well around the PR but I just think it's a little funny.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Byers2142 posted:

Voicecopping is stupid. Record yourself saying "I'm town,", upload it, link it, and Alasdair can fake content by commenting on it.

I have no idea what your saying here.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Alasdair never even voicecopped me iirc

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Big Nothing posted:

I have no idea what your saying here.

Because it's stupid, yes.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

It's not a meta-case at all. Voice copping is dumb and adds nothing worthwhile, but he started out the game like it was an A+ scumhunting tactic because it lets him generate fake content. He spends a fair amount of the early game talking about needing a lynch, but not who and drives a case on AXE because AXE called for a no lynch, but immediately after the extension he switches to BN. Read page 5 of the thread, you can see a switch in his casing from AXE to BN in which he admits he had a town read on AXE's responses to Alasdair, yet he was driving that case anyway.

I don't find Alasdair scummy and I think Byers' case against him here is pretty weak. The voice copping thing seems like a cool idea and I think the idea Byers is pushing about how Alasdair can fake content behind it is dumb. That poo poo only matters on very early day 1, it's not like voice copping would be Alasdair's go-to discussion topic all day. I also disagree that his switching to Big Nothing is scummy; Alasdair explains why he votes Big Nothing and it makes sense for him to move his vote at the time of deadline extension to a lynch he felt better about.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't find Alasdair scummy and I think Byers' case against him here is pretty weak. The voice copping thing seems like a cool idea and I think the idea Byers is pushing about how Alasdair can fake content behind it is dumb. That poo poo only matters on very early day 1, it's not like voice copping would be Alasdair's go-to discussion topic all day. I also disagree that his switching to Big Nothing is scummy; Alasdair explains why he votes Big Nothing and it makes sense for him to move his vote at the time of deadline extension to a lynch he felt better about.

Does it make sense for him to defend BN from the same case Alasdair later switched to BN for less than 3 hours earlier, in an effect to drive the AXE lynch?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Kleedrac posted:

Alasdair: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0kB25iPuZB3

I don't read Axe Cop as scum at all - but Big Nothing seems suspicious.
##Vote Big Nothing

I'd prefer to lynch a lurker if we can't get enough for Big Nothing. Byers has been uncharacteristically quiet this game.

Kleedrac posted:

Morning all, I'll come back after I drive the wife to work.

Byers: I just re-read Alasdair and while I could see you pushing a meta-case as he's definitely playing differently than he was in the last couple games I've seen him I'm not seeing where you're reading scum on him. Can you clarify what you're seeing or is it a meta-argument?

TheRam: Sorry dude but that post restriction is dumb as gently caress yo.

Currently I still think Big Nothing is our best lynch today so I'm leaving my vote on him - I'm willing to change to avoid a nolynch situation. Now that Byers is playing I'm sure we could find another lurker should that become our best option (ie - BigNothin starts making sense)

These posts pop out at me because the first one votes Big Nothing for "being suspicious" and the second one goes "oh yeah I still think Big Nothing is suspicious" and doesn't add much else to the case. These are the kind of show up and stamp the thread posts that give me scum pings.

##vote Kleedrac

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TNL, what about the BN case I laid out?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

Does it make sense for him to defend BN from the same case Alasdair later switched to BN for less than 3 hours earlier, in an effect to drive the AXE lynch?

I'm not sure how much of a defense you could call that as Alasdair basically says "yeah he could be scum but I feel good about my current vote."

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm not sure how much of a defense you could call that as Alasdair basically says "yeah he could be scum but I feel good about my current vote."

More importantly, he was continuing to try and drive a case on AXE which he didn't believe in. How is that not scummy?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

TNL, what about the BN case I laid out?

I feel like at this point my opinion on BN isn't going to make much of a difference as I expect he'll be lynched regardless. I think him going after TheRam for "post restriction" is scummy so I agree with you there. The role he claimed would be useful for either alignment.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

More importantly, he was continuing to try and drive a case on AXE which he didn't believe in. How is that not scummy?

He was pushing for a lynch to happen on a shorter day. I don't find that scummy. I would almost always vote a guy who I think is town if it keeps a no lynch from happening.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

He was pushing for a lynch to happen on a shorter day. I don't find that scummy. I would almost always vote a guy who I think is town if it keeps a no lynch from happening.

There's a difference between voting to make a lynch, and lying about your case to do so.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
byers are you still mad at repeatedly getting outed by voicecop

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
also lots of people itt who have literally no idea how d1 works

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

TNL don't you always find me scummy. and now your being chummy. i find that...scummy.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

also just throwing this out there, Orvin has thrown himself onto two bandwagons in both times giving reasoning that shows he hasn't even read the reasoning behind the bandwagon

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

The Ninth Layer posted:

TheRam's self-imposed post restriction is ironic because I once played a game in which he came out strongly against self-imposed post restrictions and he turned out to be scum. That doesn't make him scum here and I think he's been posting well around the PR but I just think it's a little funny.

*wags tail with so much enthusiasm his back legs are forced to compensate for his booty wiggling*

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

So TNL, would you say its possible that this is all a ploy for TheRam to soft confirm him town via meta? Sounds like a scum play. Just like this PR play.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

look at this poo poo

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712527&userid=103081

he jumps on the BN bandwagon thinking its because "he nominated a no lynch"

then he jumps on my bandwagon because I said jokephase was dumb after it had ended (this isn't why people were voting me)

i think lying low except to randomly pop out and jump on bandwagons he hasn't even read is pretty scummy behaviour.

##Vote: Orvin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Big Nothing posted:

So TNL, would you say its possible that this is all a ploy for TheRam to soft confirm him town via meta? Sounds like a scum play. Just like this PR play.

look at this white noise garbage for idiots

• Locked thread