Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Ada's boss makes up for the rest of her campaign because like WOW is it creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I thought Carla looked like the stay puft man warmed over.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Geight posted:

I honestly don't even remember the stealth section, so I'm assuming it was just kill an enemy silently or a few more enemies will spawn and you kill all those dudes. I'm down with those just because either way I look cool getting through the room.

More like you get swarmed with enemies which Ada is NOT equipped to handle. It's pretty easy once you figure out how to do it, though.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Yeah, it's basically incentivized stealth, since Ada drew the short straw on weaponry in her first chapter. Either you one-shot dudes from behind with the crossbow or you end up fighting half a dozen of the armored, crazed J'avo from Chris's game while you don't have the weapons or ammunition to deal with them expediently.

It is satisfying to nail a dude to the wall with her crossbow, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Agent was the best character in 6.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Wanderer posted:

Yeah, it's basically incentivized stealth, since Ada drew the short straw on weaponry in her first chapter. Either you one-shot dudes from behind with the crossbow or you end up fighting half a dozen of the armored, crazed J'avo from Chris's game while you don't have the weapons or ammunition to deal with them expediently.

It is satisfying to nail a dude to the wall with her crossbow, though.

Why even bother with the crossbow? You can just walk up and stealth melee kill every single guy in that segment, it's really easy.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Because crossbows rule.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
On an Ada-related note, a question came to mind the other day.

At what point between Raccoon City and NotSpain did Leon find out that Ada was alive? I just finished RE2 (ClaireA/LeonB), and minus the Rocket Launcher toss at the end, Leon was pretty sure that Ada was dead. Yet, he's not shocked at all when she shows up at Salazar's castle, having more of an "Oh, it's you" sort of reaction.

I know there's a LOT of grey area between Raccoon City and...well, everything that takes place afterwards, but that one stuck out the most to me.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Claire A/Leon B is the official canon scenario order for Resident Evil 2, so Leon found out Ada was alive when she tossed him the rocket launcher as he was fighting the Tyrant. Six years later, he's known she was alive and has heard that she's working with Wesker.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Leon getting a rocket launcher tossed to him by Ada is becoming a recurring theme in terms of determining Resident Evil canon.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Leon getting a rocket launcher tossed to him by Ada is becoming a recurring theme in terms of determining Resident Evil canon.

oh thank god, re6 isn't canon then

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fereydun posted:

We can only dream, unfortunately :v:

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Fereydun posted:

she left him a rocket launcher. its totally canon.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Agent was the best character in 6.

If you didn't spend all of your time rolling around on the floor because Ada was the only one who could interact with scripted events and puzzles then you can just get out

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I hope RE7 figures out a way to do like 4-6 player co-op so that we get huge setpieces like the assault on the Edonian capitol or when you team up against Ustanak.

Also instead of rotating characters in and out of main games and spinoffs just give me one big game with everyone please.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Just make a MOBA already so we can have all the characters playable in one game.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Resident Evil Code Veronica: 2, The Search for Steve

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"
I just picked up Revelations 2 on PS4 because why the hell not. Is the ResidentEvil.net integration completely hosed right now or am I doing something wrong?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hellburger99 posted:

I just picked up Revelations 2 on PS4 because why the hell not. Is the ResidentEvil.net integration completely hosed right now or am I doing something wrong?

Do it from the website, I never got the PS4 link thing to work from the console.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Fun little challenge thing for Rev2 RAID mode. Level 120 enemies. :getin:

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

Alteisen posted:

Do it from the website, I never got the PS4 link thing to work from the console.

Doesn't it still need to connect from the PS4? It keeps giving me an "unable to connect" when I try to test the connection. I'll give it a shot from my PC tomorrow either way.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I'm not sure if anyone realized this (I sure didn't) but apparently the enemy level boosts they added to code red stages only appear if you're online. So if you're like me and you want to easily grind those levels for stuff just go online to bring enemies back down to level 95 instead of 105.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

DanielCross posted:

On an Ada-related note, a question came to mind the other day.

At what point between Raccoon City and NotSpain did Leon find out that Ada was alive? I just finished RE2 (ClaireA/LeonB), and minus the Rocket Launcher toss at the end, Leon was pretty sure that Ada was dead. Yet, he's not shocked at all when she shows up at Salazar's castle, having more of an "Oh, it's you" sort of reaction.

Early in the game, did you go back into Chief Mendez's room after the cutscene where he chokes you and goes on about "having the same blood?" Cuz there's a small scene with Ada there, if you missed that it understandably makes the Salazar Castle intro a bit more disjointed IMO.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

People who hate RE6 clearly did not play co-op Jake's campaign. It is the most amazing catastrophe. The fight against the BOW where just just kinda wander around and eventually things happen because the game doesn't really tell you where to go. Looking for data chips in a big, dark mountain, shortly followed by a two-player snowmobile escape through narrow passageways where you can collide into each other and ruin everything. Then there's a long stealth section with insta-death failure states that is insanely easy to mess up with two players. Somehow the game then reveals that it actually has competent developers on the team with a legitimately great mansion escape sequence where both players get interesting separate objectives and the action is relatively subdued compared to the entirety of the game. It turns out it was a fluke as you then encounter Ustanak for the third time while an entire city blows up around you. The campaign is topped off in an underwater lava factory where Jake has a whole character arc moment swearing he won't be like his father and will save the world but instead you just fight Ustanak for a fourth (!!!) time and then Sherry and Jake fall in love.

What loops this all around to amazing is the masterstroke they call a credits theme. :golfclap:

My co-op partner and I absolutely could not comprehend what we had experienced and what we were listening to. I highly recommend Jake's campaign to anybody.

I thought Jake and Sherry had legit good chemistry.

Also, here's a picture from an all-Japanese language section of RE.net I stumbled into on accident

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Blaine the Train posted:

Early in the game, did you go back into Chief Mendez's room after the cutscene where he chokes you and goes on about "having the same blood?" Cuz there's a small scene with Ada there, if you missed that it understandably makes the Salazar Castle intro a bit more disjointed IMO.

That doesn't explain much, since once Leon and Ada meet properly in the game, Leon says something along the lines of, "It's true. You, workin' with Wesker." Which implies that not only has he known she's alive for a while, but he's been hearing rumors about her as well.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Jake and Sherry have good chemistry, for sure. As far as story and character development goes I would rank the campaigns Chris>Jake>Ada>Leon. Even Ada is interested in learning about the truth behind all the events surrounding her, Leon just blunders through poo poo with dual pistols and a twelve-pack of sassafrass while Helena is generally unhelpful and uncommunicative.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Geight posted:

Jake and Sherry have good chemistry, for sure. As far as story and character development goes I would rank the campaigns Chris>Jake>Ada>Leon. Even Ada is interested in learning about the truth behind all the events surrounding her, Leon just blunders through poo poo with dual pistols and a twelve-pack of sassafrass while Helena is generally unhelpful and uncommunicative.

As someone who doesn't care about or expect any character development in RE games, Leon's scenario was the only one that made RE6 anywhere close to being worth buying.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Pneub posted:

As someone who doesn't care about or expect any character development in RE games, Leon's scenario was the only one that made RE6 anywhere close to being worth buying.

That is exactly why jake's scenario is the best. It doesn't make any sense at all and is pure RE insanity all the way through.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Klaus Kinski posted:

That is exactly why jake's scenario is the best. It doesn't make any sense at all and is pure RE insanity all the way through.

I guess I should amend that to "As someone who doesn't care about or expect any character development the plot anymore in RE games, Leon's scenario was the only one that made RE6 anywhere close to being worth buying."
The others were just really boring cover shooters 80% of the time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Jake doing sick wrestling moves on the Ustanak is the only good thing about RE6.

edit: Well, really Jake doing sick wrestling moves on ANY of the zombie types is the only good thing about RE6.

edit: Do not mistake this for me saying the game is fun to play, by the way. It is by no means fun to MAKE him do sick wrestling moves on zombies, it's just fun to see it happen.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Apr 16, 2015

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

CJacobs posted:

Jake doing sick wrestling moves on the Ustanak is the only good thing about RE6.

edit: Do not mistake this for me saying the game is fun to play, by the way. It is by no means fun to MAKE him do sick wrestling moves on zombies, it's just fun to see it happen.

The combat in Leon Mode was the only time I can think of in forever where zombies were actually fun to fight. The creepy loving cloud-spewing thing and the bullfrog zombie were also cool ideas.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Klaus Kinski posted:

I played through that scenario as Sherry :(

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Leon's campaign was the worst, man.

Although the worst level was definitely Jake's ice blizzard nonsense.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Leyburn posted:

Leon's campaign was the worst, man.

Although the worst level was definitely Jake's ice blizzard nonsense.

I'll tell you why Leon's was the worst when we get to the secret lab!

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Fil5000 posted:

I'll tell you why Leon's was the worst when we get to the secret lab!

The gate "puzzle" in Leon's campaign was such an annoying time waster. Like most of his campaign. I enjoyed the ice blizzard in Jake's campaign funnily enough, but the snowmobile chase is the worst.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 16, 2015

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Leon's campaign was fine and then Simmons

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I can not make out what's happening in any of those gifs.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Revelations 2 is the best RE game anyway - both when it comes to gameplay and characters. There, I said it.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Chris' campaign in RE6 is the best actually because Piers dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Jia posted:

Chris' campaign in RE6 is the best actually because Piers dies

I unironically enjoyed that entire sequence actually. Say what you want about the game and dialogue, but they did a great job with the directing and voice acting, and switching up Piers' role for the last boss fight worked well..