Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
According to reddit the episode was released early YET AGAIN so look out for spoilers ya'll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth
I read spoilers and if they are true then I AM PLEASED

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
I've gone from liking Max to despising her in the space of 10 minutes and one Sharon Needles "impression." She's so gone.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Katya :(

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Pearl - surprisingly hilarious as Big Ang.

Kennedy - I wanted to hate her performance as Lil' Richard because she is doing the SNATCH Game as a man, and I'm tired of her poo poo in general, but she wasn't half bad!

Ginger - Adequate performance as Adele. She reused some of the same jokes that Stacey Lane Matthews and Latrice Royale used in Snatch Game as other big girls.

Katya - Officially my queen to win it all!

Jaidynn - Raven Symone could have been funny, but meh. I was too old to ever watch That's So Raven, and she focused on that era of Miss Symone.

Violet - Adequate last minute choice to do Alyssa Edwards. I don't really know how I feel about the queens impersonating queens from previous seasons.

Max & Miss Fame - Embarrassingly bad as Sharon Needles and Donatella Versace respectively.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 14, 2015

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh lord Max

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
whaaaaat

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
Odds on Max breaking out a story about being abandoned at a bus stop?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

OhHiMaahk posted:

Odds on Max breaking out a story about being abandoned at a bus stop?

Bitch going home.

Yes Gawd!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I mean, what the hell was Max thinking doing Sharon Needles? Max is a huge prude, and Sharon is the utter and complete opposite. Max did what PhiPhi thought Sharon's shtick was. Max apparently doesn't get Sharon at all.

Edit: Bye bye, Max

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 14, 2015

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Yesssss. Come on back, Trixie.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
You know it's Trixie coming back. If they don't have a giant Barbie box to have her come out of (with accessories,) they don't know good TV.

I liked Max but ugh, what was that.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I hope it's Trixie or MKD. Or Shangela.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yeah Shangela is always the comedy option.

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!
Poop. I liked Max more than I like Not So Raven.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I want Shangela to pop out, only to have the returning queen also pop out to ask "what are you doing in MY box?" :haw:

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
Oh god Katya made me cry ugly years tonight, I love her

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
From Trixie's audition tape, her Santch Game idea: Anne Frank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3yM78uUfyM

:stonk:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

angerbeet posted:

Ho. Ly. gently caress.

Great Snatch Game, and we get Trixie back next week. Right? RIGHT?????

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

angerbeet posted:

I would die. I would straight up die.

Bring back Trixie. (or MKD)

Legislacerator
Dec 26, 2006

1 W1LL H4V3 ORD3R 1N TH1S RUMPUSBLOCK!
Fame - Great little bonding moment with Katya, that was sad but cute. Overall pllbtthhhh, though. Somehow still managed to bomb Versace even after "years" of planning for this character.
Jaidynn - "Not So Raven," indeed. Runway was kinda meh, and ended up in the bottom again. I guess she did put more emotion in it than Max, but overall meh.
Violet - Real glad Ru convinced her to change, because maybe I don't know Versace as much as I should, but I'm not sure how one would make her funny to begin with. Really glad Alyssa Edwards was her backup because she did a hella good job. That chin was gone, Mama.
Katya - :gbsmith: I feel for her and thanks to this little breakdown I am even more endeared to her, which I didn't know was possible. Really do hope she makes it to Top 3.
Kennedy - Really should have gotten clocked for boydrag. Funny or not, other queens have been berated for it, so I don't get what makes her so special. She managed to slide through last episode's elimination on Ginger and Katya's sequined trains, and should have had to stand up there and get critiqued for that bloody swarovski chicken wing monstrosity.
Pearl - Hilarious on Snatch Game but her look on the runway was not particularly memorable.... as I can't seem to remember what it was. Though I DO remember blonde hair and why is she not getting clocked for always being blonde?
Ginger - Adele was hilarious and her runway was meh, so I guess I'm happy that she passed.
Max- Girl. I just.Girl. I love Max. I have loved Max through this whole competition and really rooted for her. However, this... display. I don't know if it was just editing or what, but she... what was the singing? Did she have a psychotic break? Was that a panic attack? It seemed dramatic but not dramatic enough that it deserved an elimination. It wasn't Roxxxy freaking out and giving a sob story to keep herself in the game. Max won two challenges and gets booted the first time she has to lipsync?

Ru what are you doing? What are you on? Are you getting senile?? Like I'm really glad to get Trixie back and all, but can we please sacrifice Kennedy or Fame for her instead of Max? I wanted to see her go further. :smith:

Legislacerator fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 14, 2015

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I'm rolling around in this elimination like a pig in poo poo. No other queen was as annoying, self-righteous or full of herself as Max. Not even Magnolia Crawford.

God this was a great Monday present.

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

CaptainScraps posted:

I'm rolling around in this elimination like a pig in poo poo. No other queen was as annoying, self-righteous or full of herself as Max. Not even Magnolia Crawford.

God this was a great Monday present.

I am surprised at how much joy this has brought me, and watching reddit melt down has been icing on the cake.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Aww, I liked Max. She probably put herself in the bottom two with that little...moment during judging though; the Sharon Needles was terrible, but she might have not had to lip sync. I can totally see why she irked a lot of people, but I found her really interesting, whereas I kinda feel like there's nothing more to see from Jaidynn.

I wish the 'fat chicks eat a lot' thing would get called out at some point; it's so overdone and obvious and I was disappointed Ginger went there when she really didn't have to. I'm also kinda shocked that Alyssa wasn't Violet's first choice because it was actually really funny.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Max flubbed the challenge when there's no excuse for not being funny on Snatch Game anymore, and flubbed a lipsync when JDF absolutely nailed it. (Although how Max was ever going to beat JDF at a 1980s Michel'le song is admittedly beyond me.)

That said, the editors cutting to out-of-context clips of Max loosening her corset and belting out Broadway in a way that made it look like she was doing it in the middle of her critique made Max seem loving insane. And I'm...just confused?...to see a queen go who had literally never even been in the bottom 3 before leave over a queen who has now lipsynced for three weeks in a row, especially when it means Miss Fame's godawful performance got passed over when this was Fame's third time she'd been in the bottom 3.

I'm not about to DRAG RACE RAAAAGE, but you can't tell me this makes sense in the show's usual logic.

Still, if you gotta go, you might as well go in a way everyone can say was super controversial and unfair so you can make that sweet sweet sob story money :homebrew:

Combed Thunderclap fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 14, 2015

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Max didn't seem insane from that one small edit, Max was already nuts for thinking she had any business on Drag Race with her Ned Flanders cum Norma Desmond nonsense.

The only thing that edit cost her was a shot at Miss Congeniality, she had already been pulled too far in the competition by sheer force of flopping contestants.

Legislacerator
Dec 26, 2006

At this point I can barely trust any view of any Queen on any season because there's just so many drat lies being told through edits. So many things could be out of context and we would never know.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Katya on Snatch Game was too restrained and witty instead of being a dick joke machine and basically exactly what Max was hoping to be, but couldn't pull off.

Pearl's Big Ang makeup looked like zombie Michael Jackson in the Thriller video and it was wonderful (EDIT: The dumb Batman and Robin question answered with the equally dumb mansion under another mansion scenario was everything, I don't care if it was intentional or not).

I forgot Little Richard told everyone to shut up all the time and how it's always funny every. Single. Time.

caligulamprey posted:

EDIT: Hell, there's no way Max stays all that much longer considering he's selling poo poo on eBay, right? That's not a long con move, that's a get it while the gettin's good move.
AHAHAH. AAAAHHHAHAHA.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 14, 2015

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Max deserved to go home after that horrible Snatch Game performance, but to be fair to him, he clarified on Twitter that his 'breakdown' was heavily edited. He loosened the corset to drink a glass of water, and during break Ru asked him to sing a song.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 14, 2015

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Legislacerator posted:

At this point I can barely trust any view of any Queen on any season because there's just so many drat lies being told through edits. So many things could be out of context and we would never know.

So you're new to this whole reality TV thing?

Legislacerator
Dec 26, 2006

I mean, I knew editing was A Thing, definitely, but I had no idea it was to this extent. Now I know.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Max, honey, no. That's not how that works.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Pretty sure the only queen to have ever gotten a realistic edit on this show is Willam, and that's because of how often he went completely off script.

Can't wait for next week where Trixie is immediately eliminated a second time.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

It was astonishing to watch Max plummet this entire episode, considering how well she'd been doing in the show. The idea of doing a sugary-sweet Sharon is interesting in the abstract though so contradictory in reality it practically negates itself. Nevermind that she didn't make any attempt to actually play Sharon Disney-fied. And the song was terribly ill-suited to her; a crash and burn all the way even without the meltdown.

caligulamprey posted:

Max, honey, no. That's not how that works.

That is embarrassing to read.

On the flip side, when the hell did Kennedy get funny? Good on Ru for doing a double win, it was deserved.

I know what I said about Violet and I stand by it (Pearl's Big Ang was inspired. Being a clown works for her) but I can honestly say I love her runway looks so much I don't mind keeping her around just for them. The best look of the night. Where is she getting the money for all this? Those looks are polished to a mirror-shine and that ain't cheap. She must be drowning in tips.

My love for Katya grows without ceasing.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Max would have done a Julie Andrews, Doris Day, Ginger Rogers, or Grace Kelly and just gone ALL OUT on how scandalized and confused some questions made her. Blush, make references to old actors, old songs, interact with the others more and POOF, no need to lipsync. Hell, Max could have been a chaste Disney princess or a Tim Burton creation and done the same pure schtick, saved the hassle too.

Stick to what you know, make it work. I'm just annoyed another bottom of the barrel queen is STILL in the coop. Jaidyyn is hilarious, but her costumes are so cheap and she has excuses for everything; can't sew, can't act, can't sing, and can't memorize choreography. It's annoying. At least Kennedy pulls it out when needed.

Max, Kennedy, and Jaiddyn were going to leave eventually. Just a matter of when.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Only five minutes in and I'm reminded of why I love Katya :allears: "IT'S A MAN. Snatch ... vagina." Actually all through this episode Katya was fantastic. Fame was really cool in that workroom moment, too. Ru encouraging Fame to be more competitive and Fame going "gently caress it, I'm down!" was a pretty great moment. Ru was stirring poo poo pretty magnificently in that workroom walkthrough, actually. I still feel like Fame is coming into her own and despite her mediocre Snatch Game performance, she's growing every week.

I was kind of surprised at some of the people I liked on Snatch Game. I was so thoroughly prepared to clock Kennedy for doing boydrag but then she really did well. And at how some people were a study in mediocrity notthatimeanyoumissfame. Jaidynn it is not a "nude illusion" if it is significantly lighter than your actual skin. It looks like you're wearing nylons with lace pinned to them (oh wait you are). Max congratulations on proving my point about "good looks, no content" queens this season.

The bottom two both deserved to be there so after that it was just sort of "welp I wonder which one it will be?"

Tendai fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 14, 2015

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I was shocked Pearl wasn't the winner, she had me laughing so hard.

Katya had a minor staged moment after she realised she maybe flubbed Snatch Game. I quite like her though.

As for Max... Girrrl, you hosed up.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Andrew_1985 posted:

I was shocked Pearl wasn't the winner, she had me laughing so hard.

Me too! Her Big Ang was hilarious!

Wouldn't it be the ultimate troll move to bring back Max instead of Trixie next episode? I don't hate Max, I just don't think this is the right competition for her drag style.

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

I don't really understand why they have the voting. Hasn't the episode been shot a hundred years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
What voting?

This week's Untucked had more gems than the actual episode, god I love the new format :haw:
"I didn't think I would be but I think I am into it." Dead.

• Locked thread