Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

hooah posted:

They nerfed Super Jump?

Nah, but they're reworking Excalibur and they're removing Super Jump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Oh, right. I tend to gloss over Excal chat since I basically never use him, even when he was king poo poo of Draco mountain.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
They'll remove it, move Radial Javelin to 3 and create a new ultimate that gives Excalibur a energy sword in the style of Valkyr's 4 with the ability to shoot sword beams.

Also make Slash Dash into something similar to what he did at the end of the Archwing trailer, basically Bladestorm in a cone-shaped area which you can cancel early by pressing melee (which will autoequip your melee) and make Radial Blind usable on the move.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
If I am going to do something the 1st time it's Rhino Prime all the way.

Loki Prime
Mirage
Nova

Or maybe

Vaubaun
Zephyr
Frost Prime

I know that I really don't like Mag, Saryn, and Nyx. Maybe it's just my misogyny coming through...

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Loki P/Oberon/Volt

Volt party with amprexes shooting through his barriers is hilariously fun and everyone should try it.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

1. Saryn
2. Ember Prime (I am so sorry and I hate myself)
3. Rhino Prime

I use pretty much everything except Frost/Valkyr/Trinity though.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Do all Orokin Derelict missions have vaults? Is it set or random? I need to get some orokin ciphers.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

^^^^^^^^^^
Vaults are on all except Defense and assassination. Your best bet is to run exterminates if you are doing vault runs.

Anyone got any Prime suit parts they dont need? After getting all the suits short of Chroma, im upgrading my collection to the prime versions. I need a Mag Prime helmet, Ember Prime systems and BP, all the Loki parts, Volt P systems and chassis, Nova system and chassis. Frost systems and helmet. Im willing to trade or pay plat for the parts. Mainly interested in the Mag and Ember parts. The later sets would be nice though. Trade chat is.. retarded.

As far as favorite suits, Saryn, then Valkyr, Mirage, Nyx. Ive got my Saryn set with regenerative Molt and Rage. It works well for me.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Cosmic Afro posted:

Nah, but they're reworking Excalibur and they're removing Super Jump.

But the current plan for parkour 2.0 is to add charge-jumps, so presumably everyone will be able to do it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

winterwerefox posted:

^^^^^^^^^^
Vaults are on all except Defense and assassination. Your best bet is to run exterminates if you are doing vault runs.

Anyone got any Prime suit parts they dont need? After getting all the suits short of Chroma, im upgrading my collection to the prime versions. I need a Mag Prime helmet, Ember Prime systems and BP, all the Loki parts, Volt P systems and chassis, Nova system and chassis. Frost systems and helmet. Im willing to trade or pay plat for the parts. Mainly interested in the Mag and Ember parts. The later sets would be nice though. Trade chat is.. retarded.

As far as favorite suits, Saryn, then Valkyr, Mirage, Nyx. Ive got my Saryn set with regenerative Molt and Rage. It works well for me.

You're going to be hard up finding Frost Prime parts as they've been phased out of the void rotation. Some folks in the clan still have spares, but any pubbies are going to try and scalp you in the trade channel. If I remember correct it's the systems that were the bitch to get, so you'll be lucky if you can find any for cheap.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

SaffronKit posted:

You're going to be hard up finding Frost Prime parts as they've been phased out of the void rotation. Some folks in the clan still have spares, but any pubbies are going to try and scalp you in the trade channel. If I remember correct it's the systems that were the bitch to get, so you'll be lucky if you can find any for cheap.

Yeah, i dont have much hope of that. I have a Frost. the Prime is just a bling thing. Same with all the others. :)

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

winterwerefox posted:

Yeah, i dont have much hope of that. I have a Frost. the Prime is just a bling thing. Same with all the others. :)

I don't play my frost p much, but man does he look classy as gently caress making GBS threads globes. That's really the only reason I even bothered building that frame too, I miss the old snowglobe. The new one makes throwing armor on frost a thing and it works fine from what I can tell, but old invuln was great. On the other hand, you can get the same effect from limbo/volt.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Male Man posted:

But the current plan for parkour 2.0 is to add charge-jumps, so presumably everyone will be able to do it.
Unfortunately, they're trying to make stamina actually relevant so who knows how messed up things will get?

Also, maybe shield flux will become A Thing if by a miracle of a couple Old Gods, Thor, and Baby Jesus that Parkour 2.0 is actually really solid and stamina is super handy to have.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

PathAsc posted:

I don't play my frost p much, but man does he look classy as gently caress making GBS threads globes. That's really the only reason I even bothered building that frame too, I miss the old snowglobe. The new one makes throwing armor on frost a thing and it works fine from what I can tell, but old invuln was great. On the other hand, you can get the same effect from limbo/volt.

I'm not really sure what you mean by this though, old snowglobe was kinda crap at higher tiers of the game. Now you can poo poo out a snowglobe that has 4 seconds of invul that gives it scaling health from the damage it takes during that time, and now also stacks with other snow globes instead of just placing them in roughly the same area so you can make some stupidly high health snow globe that never goes away because of refreshed duration.

The changes to snowglobe really opened up Frost to better builds, because now all he really needs it power, a little bit of range and you can max efficiency without worrying about duration at all. It's pretty goddamn fantastic and has really put Frost up there as a very powerful frame with a range of powerful abilities. Except his 1 which is pretty useless but eh. Also you don't really need to slot for armor, you can just stack more snowglobes!

New snowglobe is amazing if only for the fact you can now ignore duration and stack power.

edit: I'm dumb, you meant super old snowglobe! That needed to get changed along with old M. Prime, it trivialized content a bit too much.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I'd say my top 3 are

Vauban
Bounce pads are fun, covering poo poo in electroballs is fun, Vortex and Bastille SHUT poo poo DOWN, especially on corpus missions.

Rhino
Always liked being a big stompy unstoppable tank, now with the ability to refresh Iron Skin with a mini AOE attack Rhino is even more fun.

Volt
Running through levels like sonic the hedgehog never gets old, and the shield makes many weapons stupidly overpowered. Would be higher except its direct damage abilities don't scale well.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

necrobobsledder posted:

Unfortunately, they're trying to make stamina actually relevant so who knows how messed up things will get?

Also, maybe shield flux will become A Thing if by a miracle of a couple Old Gods, Thor, and Baby Jesus that Parkour 2.0 is actually really solid and stamina is super handy to have.

Making stamina relevant has a distinct possibility of making loving everything an unfun slog. I hope they actually do internal testing on this poo poo for a few months.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

SaffronKit posted:

I'm not really sure what you mean by this though, old snowglobe was kinda crap at higher tiers of the game. Now you can poo poo out a snowglobe that has 4 seconds of invul that gives it scaling health from the damage it takes during that time, and now also stacks with other snow globes instead of just placing them in roughly the same area so you can make some stupidly high health snow globe that never goes away because of refreshed duration.

The changes to snowglobe really opened up Frost to better builds, because now all he really needs it power, a little bit of range and you can max efficiency without worrying about duration at all. It's pretty goddamn fantastic and has really put Frost up there as a very powerful frame with a range of powerful abilities. Except his 1 which is pretty useless but eh. Also you don't really need to slot for armor, you can just stack more snowglobes!

New snowglobe is amazing if only for the fact you can now ignore duration and stack power.

edit: I'm dumb, you meant super old snowglobe! That needed to get changed along with old M. Prime, it trivialized content a bit too much.

Let me rephrase then: I just really miss the old mechanic sometimes. I don't think new globe is lacking at all, and personally I'm glad they threw armor a bone (I use that poo poo for globes) and the new mechanics turned out great after they tweaked it over a bit. Also, I don't remember globes disappearing on refresh, but that was a long time ago so my memory isn't the greatest on it.. As far as the whole "why I built it" thing, was because it's a good looking frame. The globe was icing on the cake for me.

Keep in mind, usually DE tweaking poo poo ends in tears because they've powernerfed something into mediocrity or just let steve do something at all.

pyromance posted:

Making stamina relevant has a distinct possibility of making loving everything an unfun slog. I hope they actually do internal testing on this poo poo for a few months.

You've seen what they've let pass before I assume. Let's hope this time is different.

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 13, 2015

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Snowglobe doesn't get armor. Instead, Frost's armor is turned into additional HP for the globe. Power strength gives more HP overall, but using Steel Fiber for more HP while at max efficiency is a reasonable choice.

Also I'm pretty sure that recasting the snowglobe refreshes its HP instead of adding to it, but I haven't actually done any structured testing on it.

vvv: that's what I'm talking about. I don't think it stacks HP, I think it just refreshes it.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 14, 2015

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

They changed snowglobe to stack HP a few patches ago, in an attempt to avoid snowblind from having 3-4 globes going at once. I think it only works if you are in the globe when you cast it. I havent played a frost sense the Throwing Weapon Tac Alert.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Got two unrelated questions but:

How valuable actually is punch through as a mod? I've been forma-ing my Despair up and because it's got a low status and crit chance, I've been going raw element and have more slots than usual, is punch through that valuable on a side arm? it seems a bit hard to gauge off the number on the mod, it doesn't really mean anything to me.

Anyone got much experience with the Nyx mind control augment? I've never seen anyone talk about it and there's almost zero youtube videos reviewing it. Any good? 500% damage bonus seems quite strong.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Punch Through is a bit situational. On things like Dread and the Opticor and a few others, it's fantastic- mow down an entire line of dudes. I haven't really tested it on other things, though, so I can't give much of an opinion on it.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/440564-hotfix-1632/

Conclave Changes
Slightly reduced the damage of Soma and Soma Prime in PvP.

Fixes
Fixed various issues causing Host and Client hangups on the loading screen in Conclave.
Fixed an issue that would occur when using Ash’s Blade Storm when inside Limbo’s Rift.
Fixed the End of Mission ‘Summary’ screen showing an incorrect number of Mods obtained as per https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/438881-you-only-get-50-of-the-mods-collected-during-a-mission-ui-bug.
Fixed Simaris’ dialogue appearing twice when making a purchase in his Sanctuary.
Fixed an issue where the HUD would freeze after using an Ability Power.
Fixed an issue where some Upgrades were not properly showing stat changes after ranking up.
Fixed instances of the Manic getting himself stuck in open areas.
Fixed Nullifier Crewmen not nullifying Chroma’s Effigy or Nekros’ Shadows of the Dead summons.
Fixed an issue in Archwing missions causing Missions to lock up mid-combat.
Fixed MOAs still being spawnable in the Blackout Tactical Alert.

nekros's SOTD now fall over dead when they touch a bubble. nekros's shadows are now utterly meaningless vs. nullifiers.

they nerfed nekros.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Need a gif of Excal beating a dead horse Nekros

Also RIP running up to Nullifiers and turning their guts into puree with impunity as Chroma.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Denzine posted:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/440564-hotfix-1632/

Conclave Changes
Slightly reduced the damage of Soma and Soma Prime in PvP.

Fixes
Fixed various issues causing Host and Client hangups on the loading screen in Conclave.
Fixed an issue that would occur when using Ash’s Blade Storm when inside Limbo’s Rift.
Fixed the End of Mission ‘Summary’ screen showing an incorrect number of Mods obtained as per https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/438881-you-only-get-50-of-the-mods-collected-during-a-mission-ui-bug.
Fixed Simaris’ dialogue appearing twice when making a purchase in his Sanctuary.
Fixed an issue where the HUD would freeze after using an Ability Power.
Fixed an issue where some Upgrades were not properly showing stat changes after ranking up.
Fixed instances of the Manic getting himself stuck in open areas.
Fixed Nullifier Crewmen not nullifying Chroma’s Effigy or Nekros’ Shadows of the Dead summons.
Fixed an issue in Archwing missions causing Missions to lock up mid-combat.
Fixed MOAs still being spawnable in the Blackout Tactical Alert.

nekros's SOTD now fall over dead when they touch a bubble. nekros's shadows are now utterly meaningless vs. nullifiers.

they nerfed nekros.

I remember when nulls first came out I figured out you could bladestorm them as long as there were enemies nearby and figured that they were going to be all about having to think about using your powers. Then they got rid of that in the next patch.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Denzine posted:

Hahaha, get hosed DE.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Honestly, with how much they love Nullifiers, I'm surprised they don't make some Nullifier Manic.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
To be fair, nullifiers can get dunked by explosions and long-reach melee now.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Flipswitch posted:

How valuable actually is punch through as a mod?

Punchthrough is always awesome if you can fit it, since a bullet that hits three guys is basically doing triple the damage it would've otherwise. Some weapons with on-hit effects will also generate more of those with punchthrough (e.g. the Amprex chains lightning off of every body the main beam hits). I wouldn't value it over more damage in higher tiers, though, since most of the danger comes from Bombards and other things y'need to kill off fast, rather than swarms.

Weapons with intrinsic punchthrough can just slot damage, so they're alright. Y'know, like the Kohm.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Male Man posted:

To be fair, nullifiers can get dunked by explosions and long-reach melee now.

They die quite fast to tricked-out Torid since the poison AOE bypassed their bubble and even their personal shield.

Still, would be great if sniper rifles bypass nullifier bubbles. It would give sniper rifles a niche advantage.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
There really seems to be a need for some kind of niche for sniper rifles to fit into. As it stands, I can't really see myself ever wanting to bring one in any competitive sense. Given I haven't done a lot of the top end content or the raid, I can't imagine it scales well into those either.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm honestly failing to see any place Sniper Rifles could fit into in a game built around speed and parkour.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Bows work just fine and they're similar to sniper rifles

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Bows are also silent and good for stealth kills (and in the case of Dread with punch through/crit, mowing down rows of dudes.) Sniper rifles ain't unless you blow a slot on that useless-rear end silencing mod.

Edit: VVV The halcyon days of Thunderbolt + Attica + Hall Of Mirrors... :unsmigghh:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 14, 2015

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Bows are also silent and good for stealth kills (and in the case of Dread with punch through/crit, mowing down rows of dudes.) Sniper rifles ain't unless you blow a slot on that useless-rear end silencing mod.

And you have the option of quickfiring with that explosive mod in a pinch for crowd control/aoe damage.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
Sniper rifles are basically mechanically identical to the semiauto pistols, except trading good reload times, damage, accuracy, fire rate, and ammo capacity for a scope. Oh, and they eat your primary slot.

I don't think there's any sniping job that a rifle could do better than the Vaykor or Lex, unless you really, really need a scope for some reason.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Unlike bows, snipers dont pin your enemies to the wall. Unforgivable.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Edit: VVV The halcyon days of Thunderbolt + Attica + Hall Of Mirrors... :unsmigghh:

Haha, bows aren't good because they can do stealth kills that no one gives a poo poo about 90% of the time, they're good because they do a shitton of damage per shot. Since there are some things in the game that do take more half a second to gun down, bows have a useful niche, trading crowd management for the ability to efficiently murder high-value targets like heavies and bosses. Also, punchthrough helps a ton with the general usability of such relatively slow-firing weapons.

All of the above is basically describing the sniper rifle niche within the context of a horde shooter. It does exist, but currently it's only represented by two bows and the Opticor. The actual sniper rifles could easily fit here too, but they don't because they have lovely stats and they're all stuck in this weird place of being slow-firing critguns that don't have enough base crit to hit 100%.

What I'm saying is, the problem with sniper rifles is not their design, it's the fact that someone at DE thought it would be a good idea to take guns that are only good for oneshotting things at critical moments and then make them so half their shots are basically duds.

Cathair fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 14, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Unlike bows, snipers dont pin your enemies to the wall. Unforgivable.

This is all the reason I need not to use a sniper rifle ever.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Flipswitch posted:

Got two unrelated questions but:

How valuable actually is punch through as a mod? I've been forma-ing my Despair up and because it's got a low status and crit chance, I've been going raw element and have more slots than usual, is punch through that valuable on a side arm? it seems a bit hard to gauge off the number on the mod, it doesn't really mean anything to me.

Anyone got much experience with the Nyx mind control augment? I've never seen anyone talk about it and there's almost zero youtube videos reviewing it. Any good? 500% damage bonus seems quite strong.

I use it on my Latron Prime (Shred). But then I also use Stabilizer. How can I be trusted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Flipswitch posted:

I use it on my nyx, it definitely makes your buddy kill some dudes hard. The main problem is trying to position the AI into focusing on fighting rather than staring at the ground.