Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ernie. posted:

the gloating wasn't 'theram what are you doing' it was 'look at what i made you do, I MADE YOU CLAIM JAILOR' - in what universe do the following make sense concurrently

a) TheRam has a scum gameplan and I wish you all would see it
b) TheRam has acted and claimed based on my pressuring him

it's either/or

This is the post from Ernie that changed my mind. Diqnol has made both points a and b, and as Ernie pointed out, they are incongruent. This is directly related to Diqnol's posting and not at all related to night actions. if agreeing with a case is opportunism then there's no point in ever playing mafia or ever making case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I already explained the link you ninny

Poque posted:

This is the post from Ernie that changed my mind. Diqnol has made both points a and b, and as Ernie pointed out, they are incongruent. This is directly related to Diqnol's posting and not at all related to night actions. if agreeing with a case is opportunism then there's no point in ever playing mafia or ever making case.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
tbh the arsonist thing feels like white noise that detracts from the decent likelihood running through the entirety of today that I caught diqnol.

I still don't think anyone can reconcile the amount of chance that goes into Diqnol not being scum or SK outweighing the probability that there was a 2nd NK that originated from Diqnol. The best argument is that Diqnol was the target of the 2nd kill IMO, but I didn't think he was a good target for a kill because of his D1 play not giving him any townie cred or w/e.

So unless Diqnol was riding someone scum I doubt it, usually those arguments suck and I don't tend to play WIFOM the NK since it's boring and circular and I've rarely seen it actually yield decent results.

Diq also saying throwaway things like "I don't think town will win without me", bah, what a load of crap. His arguments about me being a bad guy or w/e seem centred around the idea :tinfoil: that he just had to go or I've come at him with some scum-minded frame job. why not just NK him then? it doesn't ring true as a town response to someone jailing him.

Poque posted:

Can you quote my "little point"? I'm not sure exactly what you're referencing.

I quoted it before, I gtg, you can find it buddy.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Why do you keep insisting your points are valid, Ram? Do you know you're wrong?

I gave you the opportunity to try to convince me you aren't scum, you did a lovely job of it. It's time to succumb to death imo, mate.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Your explanation

omg ernie you're ridiculously wrong ugh ugh ugh I hate mafia these days

I hosed up Ram's plan. That is how it makes sense.

is not something I believe. The plan you propose is that he used a scum roleblock against you, then came into the thread with a vague claim against you that he would clarify based on the reactions of the people in the thread, yes? If Ram were scum that plan would've been a lot more lucid upon entry into the thread for exactly that reason

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Opopanax posted:

I would assume WWM is either a Firefighter who is bad at their role or was doused with gasoline

Considering he chopped samfucious to death with a fire axe, I'm thinking it's the former.

Hey theram it makes sense why there wasn't a second kill last night if it's an arsonist.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Poque posted:

Your explanation

is not something I believe. The plan you propose is that he used a scum roleblock against you, then came into the thread with a vague claim against you that he would clarify based on the reactions of the people in the thread, yes? If Ram were scum that plan would've been a lot more lucid upon entry into the thread for exactly that reason

You may be right in that I assumed I had affected Ram more than I actually did, Ram could have come into the thread with that lovely gameplan all ready to go and fully known that I would immediately respond with "I was roleblocked." so he'd make it look more natural when he claimed. But that's what makes him scum, don't you see? That means he half claimed in the beginning to solidify his later claim, NOT because he was trying to protect his role. If he were town, why wouldn't he come in with a case and only bring up the role stuff if absolutely necessary? He had no reason to truly assume that he had blocked a nk and he supposedly formed this whole opinion in what, 2 minutes? The dude thought this poo poo out but didn't play it like town would in that situation in any way. Look at exactly what he did when he came into the thread and tell me if you can discover the thoughts behind them. Why post x? Why go about it y way? If you can tell me you can see how he's townie at every step of the way in a narrative, I'll buy it. As of now, I absolutely do not.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Like, maybe I jumped to the conclusion that I had caught Ram by "making him claim Jailor" because I assign myself too much importance and didn't even really think about the fact that he may have totally planned for that response.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm trying to put together a post but everything is terrible.

Isn't the half-formed opinion idea bolstered by the quick turnaround on his thoughts? Say he figured that coming into the day, if there was only one kill, that you were responsible. He saw exactly that and posted a quick thought. imo it was more reckless than scummy to post a half-formed thought the way he did.

The frustrating thing is the insistence on the existence of a stopped second kill. The entire case hinges on that but we've had no indication that anything like that has happened.

I don't know if it's more likely that a town or a scum would come in with a half-formed idea. I feel like a scum player trying to trap you would be more likely to come in with a calculated fullclaim about what happened during the night, but that wouldn't work well in this situation because of the lack of evidence toward a second kill attempt. I don't think TheRam's entrance into the thread once the day started is an alignment tell either way since I don't really know what the right move for either would be. Isn't it to Ram's benefit that Mac has claimed to also have been roleblocked, but nobody is claiming to have done that?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Like, maybe I jumped to the conclusion that I had caught Ram by "making him claim Jailor" because I assign myself too much importance and didn't even really think about the fact that he may have totally planned for that response.

##unvote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Poque posted:

The frustrating thing is the insistence on the existence of a stopped second kill. The entire case hinges on that but we've had no indication that anything like that has happened.

This is my entire problem with the case.

Also, thanks for the reminder that WWM had an axe. That is a good reason to suspect an arsonist.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Max posted:

Also, thanks for the reminder that WWM had an axe. That is a good reason to suspect an arsonist.

Okay?

I'm not familiar with arsonist but I don't see the logic

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Max posted:

no it's not. lumberjacks carry axes. you may as well suspect the existence of a murderous tree role

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

no it's not. lumberjacks carry axes. you may as well suspect the existence of a murderous tree role

stump??? holy poo poo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

wall monitor posted:

Okay?

I'm not familiar with arsonist but I don't see the logic

It sounds like Firefighter is the counter to Arsonist. An axe would be something a firefighter would have. There is a reason it was "chop" instead of "kill", I would imagine.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

GulagDolls posted:

The fact that you see someone who has proven they have an axe and pulled an arsonist accusation out of their rear end and then make this assertion is really scummy dude.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

you're out of your mind

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
I can't re-read atm, who made the axe claim? Can someone please explain the Arsonist/Firefighter dynamic please.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

The fact that you see someone who has proven they have an axe and pulled an arsonist accusation out of their rear end and then make this assertion is really scummy dude.

oh my god

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Please Do Not Make Flavour Arguments

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

TheRam posted:

I can't re-read atm, who made the axe claim? Can someone please explain the Arsonist/Firefighter dynamic please.

WWM killed samfucious with a fire axe on day 1. Then when I mentioned the possible existence of a serial killer, he asked if I was an arsonist.

So therefore he is probably a firefighter which in my guess means he is town aligned or 3p and his wincon is to find the arsonist and kill him or get him lynched

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hello thread

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hi Diqnol. we bombed out in bowling playoffs tonight but it's ok.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That blows. I hate losing, but hey, you know what, you had a good time and it was nice to be playing against serious opponents, eh?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Yeah it was fine, two of us are working on new deliveries because we didn't know it was gonna be a tournament-style ending - last season was just "first place and second place play for first, third and fourth play for third, etc". next season starts in a couple weeks

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh wow, that's a quick turnaround. That sounds stressful unless you really love the sport. Do you find it challenging to maintain the commitment?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Nah, not really. It's fun and not physically demanding. Plus there's an alley nearby that has $2 games on Sunday mornings so it's perfect for practicing! It'll be even better since next season is on Wednesdays so I'll have time to recover before league.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Like, I can't even really do tournament style CS anymore because I can't commit to the time for my peace of mind. It's a skill I envy, that is for sure.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I think the nice thing is that even though you're against other people, it's not simultaneously competitive. Like, nobody can go up and try to block my roll or anything like that. I'm able to just focus on my own stuff, which works for me. I can't do straight-up competitive stuff where there's defense.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
yo pinheads what happened while I was at work?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

:golfclap: I'm really glad that isn't one of the team names in our league. the worst offender is "Kirstie Bowling Alley" and that's bad enough as it is

nobody accomplished anything while you were at work.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EXAKT Science posted:

yo pinheads what happened while I was at work?

The irony of you asking us to catch you up after replacing Doug is almost too much.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I was-a told that I need-a to post or I'll be-a replaced! That's-a RACISM! I did-a not sail over here on-a de bowl of spaghetti to be RACISTED against-a!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

That-a said, I think-a I would vote-a for Wall Monitor still. The vote-a against the Science Man is-a de bad vote.

Might-a also vote-a for Ram for being-a de jerkoff!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Little Mac posted:

That-a said, I think-a I would vote-a for Wall Monitor still. The vote-a against the Science Man is-a de bad vote.

Might-a also vote-a for Ram for being-a de jerkoff!

Do you have more of a case on wall monitor outside of "gut"?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

chaoslord posted:

Do you have more of a case on wall monitor outside of "gut"?

I too would like to hear this.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

He's-a lurking, too. Leaving-a the vote on Exakt-a when his "case-a" is, like-a Poque said, a far better-a reason for-a de voting Gulag instead! Doug Ratt-a-man would-a claim masons after--a de gulag did BECAUSE IT WAS-A DE FUNNY! Who would NOT-A confirm fake mason claim? Enemies of-a de fun! Gulag was-a de one faking content in-a de first place. Wall Monitor keeping-a his vote-a and then just sitting-a on it (and also not saying-a anything until-a his name-a was-a posted) is-a de verry scummy!

Meataballs! Pasta Sauce! Fulfilling-a my PR!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I too have been told Little Mac is lurking so I need to post more!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What is the case of the day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Little Mac posted:

He's-a lurking, too. Leaving-a the vote on Exakt-a when his "case-a" is, like-a Poque said, a far better-a reason for-a de voting Gulag instead! Doug Ratt-a-man would-a claim masons after--a de gulag did BECAUSE IT WAS-A DE FUNNY! Who would NOT-A confirm fake mason claim? Enemies of-a de fun! Gulag was-a de one faking content in-a de first place. Wall Monitor keeping-a his vote-a and then just sitting-a on it (and also not saying-a anything until-a his name-a was-a posted) is-a de verry scummy!

Meataballs! Pasta Sauce! Fulfilling-a my PR!

I love your PR. It's so dumb but it makes me laugh. Do your night search doc posts have to be like that too?

• Locked thread