Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

StandardVC10 posted:

Given that this is the case, they really should have realized that the respawn stations mocking you after you've died stops being funny after the second or third time.

That wasn't the problem for me with BL2's respawning. My issue was that in BL1 there's less than a second between dying and respawning, but in the sequel they added a cutscene that was much lengthier. When you have to watch it again and again it killed the game flow for me.

EDIT: On the subject of Moral Choices in video games, I would love to see a video game include these only to reveal that the writer has a seriously twisted outlook.

SirPhoebos has a new favorite as of 15:20 on Apr 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

The Moon, for Christ's Sake
I Started playing GTA V for PC last night. I felt this way in the console version but I wish the series would adopt the Saints Row 3 method of navigation where you have indicators on the actual screen instead of having to look at the GPS ever couple of seconds. I feel like I'm missing out on the cool environment because I'm always looking at the corner of my screen.

Someone mentioned, actually I'm sure most people mentioned, about some of the controls. I wish they would have changed the fact that you have to keep hitting the button to sprint and whatnot. That just feels awkward. Other than that, I love the game!

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Moon Man posted:

I wish they would have changed the fact that you have to keep hitting the button to sprint and whatnot. That just feels awkward. Other than that, I love the game!

I personally dig it. You can just hold the run button to jog, but actually running requires some physicality on the part of the player. Though I liked it better in Receiver, where you ran by mashing W, because it meant that you're largely restricted to running in a straight line, with minor steering adjustments via the mouse, i.e. how people actually run. Of course, I'd question the merits of having "mash to run" and a stamina system, since the purpose of mashing to run ought to be synergizing the player and player character's stamina (i.e. in Receiver you can run for as long as you can mash the button), having both is just redundant.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I know it is caused by my own bad play but the "wiggle the stick to get out of a stun" in Revegeance is annoying as gently caress. I still don't know which directions work best.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Zedd posted:

I know it is caused by my own bad play but the "wiggle the stick to get out of a stun" in Revegeance is annoying as gently caress. I still don't know which directions work best.

Rotate the stick.

But yeah, I agree. Revengeance was the first Platinum game I played and I loved it a lot. I've recently been binging on other Platinum games and now coming back to Revengeance I'm also getting bothered by the stick wagglin'. Kinda hope it's something they change for a sequel.

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

a stream of poo and urine
playing MGR and the bayonettas back to back has me wondering what deflect system platinum is gonna use in their next IP

deliberate challenging parry vs. twitchy forgiving dodge

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

At some point I didn't even do the stick waggle anymore and just eat the additional damage, because I felt like I could feel my stick become loose as the game went on.

SirPhoebos posted:

EDIT: On the subject of Moral Choices in video games, I would love to see a video game include these only to reveal that the writer has a seriously twisted outlook.
Dishonored does something like that. There's always a nonlethal way to complete your objectives but they invariably involve subjecting your target to a terrible fate for the rest of their lives.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

My Lovely Horse posted:

At some point I didn't even do the stick waggle anymore and just eat the additional damage, because I felt like I could feel my stick become loose as the game went on.

Dishonored does something like that. There's always a nonlethal way to complete your objectives but they invariably involve subjecting your target to a terrible fate for the rest of their lives.

There is IIRC one situation where the non-lethal option is the merciful one. The rest are all even more hosed up than just straight up killing them.

They're also delightfully ironic.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah the no-kill options in Dishonoured are pretty hosed up and mostly poorly done. In fairness to the devs though they all got added in fairly late in development because of nerds on the internet insisting that having the option for a no kill run was a super important feature for a game about a magical assassin.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Another crazy thing is that you can parry while stunned, which I'm pretty sure the game never mentions and is completely unintuitive.

Of course that doesn't help against grabs, which is really the more likely waggle-tastic pain point in Revengeance, at least IME.

I'll have to keep the rotate the stick bit in mind next time I play though. Horizontal waggle would work, but only about 50% of the time.

John Murdoch has a new favorite as of 20:00 on Apr 14, 2015

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...

Anatharon posted:

I knew Watch_ Dogs was going to be bad, particularly as I don't like Assassin's Creed but it still pains me to see how a cool concept got ruined so thoroughly. :smith:

I fell hook, line and sinker for the hype but still had more fun with watchdogs and it's mechanics than i did with any part of Black Flag (not including the actual pirating).

poptart_fairy posted:

Man, Diablo 3's loot system has come on leaps and bounds since release but it's getting irritating now that I'm at the end game and can't go higher in difficulty purely because none of the loot drops are improving my character's skills. :downs:

I've been using the same staff for who knows how long just because it has been far and away the best weapon choice through my last 50 paragon levels. I'm a monk :(

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah the no-kill options in Dishonoured are pretty hosed up and mostly poorly done. In fairness to the devs though they all got added in fairly late in development because of nerds on the internet insisting that having the option for a no kill run was a super important feature for a game about a magical assassin.

So its like in the Batman games where he doesn't kill anyone but leaves a swath of crippled criminals in his wake.

quote:

Man, Diablo 3's loot system has come on leaps and bounds since release but it's getting irritating now that I'm at the end game and can't go higher in difficulty purely because none of the loot drops are improving my character's skills.

Then the RNG blesses you and things get real dumb, I had like 9 or so things drop for me almost back to back and I went from struggling in master to blazing through T4 like it was nothing, if I can get that stupid, retarded act 1 ring I can bounce straight to T6.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The ring of royal grandeur is something that drags D3 down. I haven't played in months--is it still pretty much required for every build for every class?

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Elysiume posted:

The ring of royal grandeur is something that drags D3 down. I haven't played in months--is it still pretty much required for every build for every class?

The patch last week actually added a bunch of new rings that have made RoRG still strong but not the be all end for all specs. It's also infinitely easier to get a royal ring with the changes to cache drop rates but that's many months old now.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I played StarCraft 2 for a bit in the first time in ages and man, it just can't hold me as well as Brood Wars or WarCraft 3 could. There's issues in every area.

Customs are still kinda a mess. I think adding in HD models of War3 units helped, but the UI for actually getting into customs is horrible. I'm not sure about what making them is like, but any custom UI elements added (like heroes) are kinda ugly and out of place compared to War3.

Wings of Liberty's campaign was pretty fun but it's story was awful. SC1 wasn't high art or anything, but it did it's job. It introduced some fun characters, pit them in bad situations, and they worked their way through them (or not). Everything was about this one little corner of space with it's long forgotten band of human exiles, but then everything in Wings had to be EPIC and ORCHESTRAL and everything lost all impact. It also added a bunch of boring people who you're expected to know about from some crap book Blizzard spat out. Also Jim Raynor is basically an entirely different character now. He looks different, has a different backstory, and acts differently.

I went back to Brood Wars and I still love the mission intro briefings. Here's an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TjEPq0Al2A

They just feel really atmospheric to me. WoL's problem is that 90% of the time it's Jim Raynor talking to someone one on one. I also liked the talking heads because everyone was in different locations, with scan lines and static, but if Raynor talks to someone far away now he's got a big HD TV.

HotS campaign was a mess in every way. The single player upgrades weren't even all that fun compared to some of the cool if impractical stuff you got in Wings, and to add insult to injury, the Zerg (who the expansion was about might I add) got less special campaign only units than the Terran did. Kerrigan is also even less likable then new-Raynor who was less likable than old-Raynor.

Possibly the most hilariously bad scene:

Protoss (advanced aliens) Leader: You say you're reformed, yet you've slaughtered all of our completely peaceful colonists who wanted nothing to do with you.

Kerrigan (leader of the swarm of alien lost Zerg, it's complicated and dumb): Well you (A completely different group of Protoss) killed a lot of Zerg (As the Zerg were invading the Protoss homeworld) so you have no moral highground (Despite Protoss being thinking individuals and Zerg being mindless, cloned, mutant, reptilian bug things) :downs:

I also liked having neutral objectives to fight over in War3 but that wouldn't suit SC melee/ranked ladder so that's just a personal thing.

Cuntellectual has a new favorite as of 08:10 on Apr 15, 2015

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

DStecks posted:

I don't think I've ever played a game that meaningfully differentiated between, say, lawful good and chaotic good; or being pragmatically evil vs being psychotically evil. The only one that comes to mind would be Mass Effect, because lawful good -> chaotic good was that game's karma meter.

Planescape Torment's approach is pretty interesting. It keeps track of both good/evil actions and lawful/chaotic ones. So, if you murder and enslave and screw people over but always scrupulously tell the truth, you can end up as Lawful Evil, while being a standup citizen while lying your face off and playing with robot dolls makes you Chaotic Good.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Meltdown posted:

The patch last week actually added a bunch of new rings that have made RoRG still strong but not the be all end for all specs. It's also infinitely easier to get a royal ring with the changes to cache drop rates but that's many months old now.

Sorry but the RoRG is still 100% required for every single T6 build regardless of the new rings, the benefit of needing 1 less set piece is far to good.

My benefits will be as follows if I get the RoRG on my monk:

Throw out fireballs with my primary attack.
50% more crit damage+250 vitality
300% more damage on primaries+25% attack speed and a stronger mystic ally.
I can equip 2 primaries boosting my attack speed even higher and giving 500% crit damage thanks to the gems on them thus boosting my sheet DPS to roughly 1.12million.
All 4 mantras active at the same time

One single ring does all that because of set bonuses.

Or take a crusader for instance, Akkhan is a six piece set that provides 500 strength, 50% less cooldown on your abilities while Akarat's champion is active(basically the crusader's super form), and the full six piece set lowers the cooldown of akarat's champion by 50%, get the RoRG, slap a leoric's crown on your crusader along with the higher tier of diamond and suddenly you have a crusader with near 0 downtime on his abilities including Akarat's champion, its the closest thing the game has to a god mode, and why is this? Because Leoric's crown enhances the effect of any gem slotted into it by 83% or more, a combination of items that wouldn't be possible with that dumb ring.

I've seen Crusaders with this build to, they are basically immortal killing machines that just wade through elites dealing insane 200m crits and clearing rifts in record time.

And simply just can't remove the ring either, its to ingrained into any T6 build now.

Alteisen has a new favorite as of 09:54 on Apr 15, 2015

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Alteisen posted:

Sorry but the RoRG is still 100% required for every single T6 build regardless of the new rings, the benefit of needing 1 less set piece is far to good.

My benefits will be as follows if I get the RoRG on my monk:

Throw out fireballs with my primary attack.
50% more crit damage+250 vitality
300% more damage on primaries+25% attack speed and a stronger mystic ally.
I can equip 2 primaries boosting my attack speed even higher and giving 500% crit damage thanks to the gems on them thus boosting my sheet DPS to roughly 1.12million.
All 4 mantras active at the same time

One single ring does all that because of set bonuses.

Or take a crusader for instance, Akkhan is a six piece set that provides 500 strength, 50% less cooldown on your abilities while Akarat's champion is active(basically the crusader's super form), and the full six piece set lowers the cooldown of akarat's champion by 50%, get the RoRG, slap a leoric's crown on your crusader along with the higher tier of diamond and suddenly you have a crusader with near 0 downtime on his abilities including Akarat's champion, its the closest thing the game has to a god mode, and why is this? Because Leoric's crown enhances the effect of any gem slotted into it by 83% or more, a combination of items that wouldn't be possible with that dumb ring.

I've seen Crusaders with this build to, they are basically immortal killing machines that just wade through elites dealing insane 200m crits and clearing rifts in record time.

And simply just can't remove the ring either, its to ingrained into any T6 build now.

For monk, the new Raiment of a thousand storms uses the Bastions of will because 125% increased damage shits on Royal ring. My IK barb with Bul Kathos blades does the same. There's also the Convention of Elements and several class specific rings like Halo of Arlyse. Even the Zuni and Nat rings are getting used now since they can fill the same roll as a royal ring with better rolls.

You're not wrong that Royal ring is an enormous enabler of builds, but it's now a much harder sell than the past.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Alteisen posted:

This is honestly not true and wasn't true in 2.1 either. RoRG was a nice way to cut down on a set piece, but if you're only wearing one set you weren't actually cutting down on consumed item slots, you were just giving up one set piece for the ring instead. Sometimes that's a good thing, if it enables you to use a critical piece of gear like Hexing Pants or Cindercoat, but now there are a lot of really good rings (Focus/Restraint, Halo of Arlyse, Short Man's Finger, Convention of Elements, plus Stone of Jordan and Unity are still there) and it's a lot easier to justify ditching RoRG and wearing one more set piece for one of those. Bear in mind that the ring itself has garbage forced rolls on it, so finding ways to circumvent it for an actually good ring has always been an aim for people, and if you used Natalya's or Zunimassas (sets that have rings in them) it was better to use those rings usually since they could potentially roll well.

RoRG is still pretty much a requirement if you want to wear multiple sets, but that's probably its real purpose.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
You guys complaining about BL2 and their lack of good weapons - did you never use the golden keys/chest? There are easy to find lists online with still active codes that can net you over 100 keys really easily.

I never had a problem with guns/shields/grenades/add-ons because I would just get new ones using this every 10 levels or so.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Anatharon posted:

Yeah I wanted to like Borderlands in general but the gunplay was pretty unexceptional and I groaned when I leveled up because it meant my guns were now piss weak and I'd need to find something new and :effort:

I knew Watch_ Dogs was going to be bad, particularly as I don't like Assassin's Creed but it still pains me to see how a cool concept got ruined so thoroughly. :smith:

Ok You've gotta actually specify because there were things about Watch Dogs that were abysmally terrible and there were things they knocked out of the loving park (like set pieces and online mechanics)

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Everything about Watch_Dogs that wasn't core gameplay was awful. The story was so forgettable that I was forgetting it while playing it and when I beat it I couldn't believe that was it. Everything about the protagonist from his name on down was annoying. But the driving, hacking and shooting? Lotta fun.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

jojoinnit posted:

Everything about Watch_Dogs that wasn't core gameplay was awful. The story was so forgettable that I was forgetting it while playing it and when I beat it I couldn't believe that was it. Everything about the protagonist from his name on down was annoying. But the driving, hacking and shooting? Lotta fun.

Even alot of the core gameplay was meh. They had a crafting system that was almost completely pointless. It was essentially a way to carry more consumable gadgets and that was about it. Carrying your entire arsenal to switch between (and then sometimes accidentally pulling out the wrong weapon on an accidental switch) was a pain in the rear end. It would have been better if you could carry one in each slot and had to return to your hidey holes to switch. Then again always having all of your gadgets on you was nice.

Driving was floaty as hell sometimes. There were specific cars that you learned were worth driving and a shitload of others you avoided if at all possible.

Gunplay was average. It wasn't like a point that dragged the game down, but it wasn't really anything great either. The guns mostly felt the same and headshots killed anything instantly and you had the ability to slow down the world to shoot poo poo in the head.

Oh and they gave you a sniper rifle that instantly disabled any vehicle on hit. That poo poo was goofy as hell sometimes you could kill a car and it's driver in one shot, that rifle made invasions hell against anyone who knew you were coming. Cheap poo poo should have been patched out because it ruined invasions after a while.

That said invasions outside of that stupid sniper rifle were amazing. Chasing people down or getting chased down, having someone tail you and knowing they're around somewhere but not being able to figure out who, following someone through a chain of security cams to complete a tailing assignment and having them shown where you are after you succeed and you're 4 blocks away was hilarious. Hacking was always fun, if you could stay out of sight or get somewhere they wouldn't know how to get to you'd get to see them panic and run faster and faster around trying to locate you, pull out a grenade launcher and start blasting civilians to flush you out. Honestly for loving with people that game's invasions were better than Dark Souls.

And the actual environment was incredible and artistic and vertical and obviously had more love than any single other game aspect put into it. Every single area in the game had hackables, and while hacking was shallow they actually took the time to give you enough poo poo in the environment to play with that you could actually emergent gameplay through things like invasions and unscripted convoy missions and stuff. And it took quite a while for finding criminals and just looking at people on the street to see who likes BDSM and who attends furry conventions to get old.

I both love and hate this game, basically.

And I logged over 300 hours just doing invasions.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Oh yeah I forgot about the totally useless crafting. And the vendors and shops that only existed to sell you a single drink and nothing else. And the disappointment of finding out that you could only buy new clothes that were a reskin of your current outfit.

But the city itself was absolutely beautiful though, and the hot spots and other little finds were a great idea. I liked the inventory system myself, having your entire arsenal available was ace for gta style mayhem and it was very intuitive on PC at least.

That whole game should be a case study in wasted potential.

E: I didn't include the driving because while that was my first complaint with the game, it was fine once I got the hang of the mechanics. Saints Row it ain't.

jojoinnit has a new favorite as of 16:08 on Apr 15, 2015

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Thinky Whale posted:

Planescape Torment's approach is pretty interesting. It keeps track of both good/evil actions and lawful/chaotic ones. So, if you murder and enslave and screw people over but always scrupulously tell the truth, you can end up as Lawful Evil, while being a standup citizen while lying your face off and playing with robot dolls makes you Chaotic Good.

The problem is that there are way more activities that count as chaotic yet are completely normal for a videogame. For example, talking to the shambling animated corpses in the mortuary counts as chaotic but a lot of them have unique descriptions and items and opprtunities for experience so you really miss out if you avoid doing it in the name of your alignment.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

MindlessHavok posted:

You guys complaining about BL2 and their lack of good weapons - did you never use the golden keys/chest? There are easy to find lists online with still active codes that can net you over 100 keys really easily.

I never had a problem with guns/shields/grenades/add-ons because I would just get new ones using this every 10 levels or so.

Golden key weapons were the most boring possible solution to the problems BL2 had with its loot, and while it would generally give you upgrades, they all generally had the same few traits on them, so it was just a numbers solution to a gameplay problem.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Static! posted:

I fell hook, line and sinker for the hype but still had more fun with watchdogs and it's mechanics than i did with any part of Black Flag (not including the actual pirating).

What does this actually mean out of curiosity? The pirating was all Black Flag was about minus those odd walk about your office scenes.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

ZeusCannon posted:

What does this actually mean out of curiosity? The pirating was all Black Flag was about minus those odd walk about your office scenes.

Probably that he only liked the ship parts and not the land parts.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

It's the same reason why every time I played a pirate ship mission, I gave it 5 stars because they are legitimately the best part of the game. The plot is garbage, they didn't get rid of tail missions which suck, and they rip you from the pirate simulation to play mandatory minigames in a boring setting.

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...

kazil posted:

Exactly right.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

Static! posted:

Exactly right.

That is perfectly acceptable and kind of what I thought but I just wondered.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Sleeveless posted:

The problem is that there are way more activities that count as chaotic yet are completely normal for a videogame. For example, talking to the shambling animated corpses in the mortuary counts as chaotic but a lot of them have unique descriptions and items and opprtunities for experience so you really miss out if you avoid doing it in the name of your alignment.

Also Lawful/Chaotic is a much messier axis, largely due to the fact that if you ask ten people what it determines you'll probably get 12 answers.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I'm pretty sure Landerig has a good handle on the scale, though.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I always thought Lawful was "follows the letter of external laws/rules, regardless of personal feelings or ethics," while Chaotic was "more inclined to do what they personally want, or feel should be done, regardless of what external laws or rules say"

But as a poster above pointed out, that's probably one of the dozen possible answers you'd get if you asked 10 nerds, so I've never made a point of it in any of my games. And in games I GM we basically ignore alignment anyway so :shrug:

edit: Also I feel like a Chaotic character would be inclined to follow the rules for the most part, if only to stay out of trouble, but would be more likely to bend and twist and lawyer the gently caress out of them to get what they wanted. Or maybe that's a Lawful or Neutral trait? gently caress if I know.

also I've never played a single game where that alignment mattered in the slightest, outside of people using Chaotic as an excuse for monkeycheese-shines

\/\/\/ EDIT: Oooh that's actually a great way to interpret it too \/\/\/

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 02:39 on Apr 16, 2015

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

I usually took lawful to mean something like Kant's categorical imperitive, whereas chaotic is situation ethics, but oh god I'm alignment chatting

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

alignment is balls stupid and was invented in the 70s as a reason to justify murdering orcs and not feeling bad and the fact that anyone still thinks about it today is a testament to how much nerds cannot let go of any legacy mechanic ever

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Alouicious posted:

alignment is balls stupid and was invented in the 70s as a reason to justify murdering orcs and not feeling bad and the fact that anyone still thinks about it today is a testament to how much nerds cannot let go of any legacy mechanic ever

I tried playing DnD awhile back with some NERD FRIENDS and I took alignment to mean a sort of general idea of your character's outlook as opposed to a strict set of rules but they got really worked up about it being important. :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Anatharon posted:

I tried playing DnD awhile back with some NERD FRIENDS and I took alignment to mean a sort of general idea of your character's outlook as opposed to a strict set of rules but they got really worked up about it being important. :v:

ask nerds about alignment w/r/t Paladins and more specifically them "falling" and then just walk away because you don't want to read or listen to any of the words that result

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
What I always took Lawful/Chaotic to mean was a "order/freedom" sorta thing, which balanced security and liberty in an interesting way. 'Cause on the on the one hand you might have a Machiavellian Prince character who's lawful but regularly breaks rules, because a Prince is all about incidentally promoting order and security at the end stage of things but is willing to do p. much anything to get there. I always found that an interesting dynamic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Anatharon posted:

Your friends are the bad kind of nerd, I'm sorry.