Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

EthanSteele posted:

I've seen the show so I'm pretty sure I know what that means. Good to know that other than wanting to ace people there's no reason to do much with them skill wise. I definitely think the armour down is the best one of the gun nerds. Does it stack so it affecting both in a team with his ace gets mega mondo armour down or does it just let them ruin both enemies in a twin if they target them separately? At least that means I only have to ace Amata, Malloy and probably Yunoha.

Armor Down is a one-off status, so using it multiple times does nothing extra. This means that acing Malloy is a waste of time since you'll get your Armor Down needs from the Aquarion itself punching things. Acing Yunoha is also largely fluff since all it will do is extend her afterimage to the Aquarion's twin, which is nice but not super important. Acing Amata is worth it(and the Aquarion will spend 90% of its time in EVOL form anyway), since it will make the twin's weapons have S ranks in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kanos posted:

I don't see a problem with losing its two strongest attacks permanently. :downs: You also never get the Gepard's hilarious MAP weapon back if you don't defy destiny because Jin eats it for good.

Basically the Obey Destiny route is for suckers and losers and people who had no idea how to trigger Defy Destiny when the game came out.

Or those who want to complete the scenario map. Like me. :negative:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Or those who want to complete the scenario map. Like me. :negative:

Ignoring the fact that its kind of a silly waste of time to finish the scenario chart. If you are doing that route on a 2nd play through it's really not that important that you are missing a few pilots for Aquarion when it's already has maxed out stats with an endless energy supply.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Kanos posted:

Armor Down is a one-off status, so using it multiple times does nothing extra. This means that acing Malloy is a waste of time since you'll get your Armor Down needs from the Aquarion itself punching things. Acing Yunoha is also largely fluff since all it will do is extend her afterimage to the Aquarion's twin, which is nice but not super important. Acing Amata is worth it(and the Aquarion will spend 90% of its time in EVOL form anyway), since it will make the twin's weapons have S ranks in the air.

INCREDIBLY annoyingly, acing Clea is pretty broken, as her Element Power is not super impressive (Terrain Ignore isn't that useful when Amata is already providing flight anyways) but her Ace Bonus is pretty significantly powerful (Will +2 to all allied pilots at the start of a turn).

Honestly though, Jigoku isn't that hard and you get her super late anyways, so it's mostly irrelevant.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

Ignoring the fact that its kind of a silly waste of time to finish the scenario chart. If you are doing that route on a 2nd play through it's really not that important that you are missing a few pilots for Aquarion when it's already has maxed out stats with an endless energy supply.

But muh Tengoku bonuses! And the trophy!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Is there any additional bonus to importing a Rangoku file into Tengoku if it has all the SR points? I missed one and I want to know if I am also missing a bonus.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Infinity Gaia posted:

INCREDIBLY annoyingly, acing Clea is pretty broken, as her Element Power is not super impressive (Terrain Ignore isn't that useful when Amata is already providing flight anyways) but her Ace Bonus is pretty significantly powerful (Will +2 to all allied pilots at the start of a turn).

Honestly though, Jigoku isn't that hard and you get her super late anyways, so it's mostly irrelevant.

Does Clea even get a unique attack?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Prism posted:

Is there any additional bonus to importing a Rangoku file into Tengoku if it has all the SR points? I missed one and I want to know if I am also missing a bonus.

No, just the clear bonus.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

+2 Will per turn by the time you get Clea is not actually very useful because by that point you've got Basara farting around with a teammate with Zeal stuffing their face with SP items while he maxes everyone's Will on turn 1.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Pureauthor posted:

No, just the clear bonus.

Cool, thanks.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Yoooo, there's a new Grendizer coming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTjN6gC35t0
Couple of seconds of NSFW in here.

Now all we need is for Banpresto to acknowledge Shin Great Mazinger's existence and we'll have all the pieces for a new Final Dynamic Special!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Brunom1 posted:

Yoooo, there's a new Grendizer coming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTjN6gC35t0
Couple of seconds of NSFW in here.

Now all we need is for Banpresto to acknowledge Shin Great Mazinger's existence and we'll have all the pieces for a new Final Dynamic Special!

Note: It is apparently either a manga or a serialized light novel (a book, anyway), and the animation is just an advertisement.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Z3's final boss theme in here, courtesy of ImpAtom.

And I reckon that's the last one! :toot:

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 14, 2015

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Prism posted:

Note: It is apparently either a manga or a serialized light novel (a book, anyway), and the animation is just an advertisement.

I got all super hyped up and then saw this and became sad.

You have no idea how much I want this to be a show. Come on, let anime adaptations work their magic.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hey, I'd rather it be a manga than a loving pachinko machine. Thanks, Combattler V.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Considering some of my favorite giant robot stuff ever is in manga form, I'm totally down with it being a manga.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I won't ever get tired of Basara's template of "gently caress your [giant awful thing about to destroy reality], listen to my song!!!"

And it always works.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
A friend of mine described Basara as, "He yelled into the abyss, and the abyss broke first."

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Whenever people talk about Basara I just always think of that gif where he eats a leaf

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

Whenever people talk about Basara I just always think of that gif where he eats a leaf

Basara eat the leaf.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Prism posted:

It looks like a manga specifically., made for the 40th anniversary of Grendizer.

http://mazin-go.com/special2/

Their website has a couple of other special manga, Mazinkaiser SKL Wars, and Dino Getter.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

drrockso20 posted:

It's even better with audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYps5fUrAWs

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How does keeping Graham from dying work in Tengoku-hen?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

-Troika- posted:

You seem to need to have him aced and have to get some kills with him and Setsuna. He died for me so I can't say for sure.

Which is frankly kind of dumb because SImon is right there. I think he even gets Chou Ginga Gurren Lagann on that stage. You don't need to suicide Graham.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

-Troika- posted:

According to one of the Japanese wikis:

Keeping Graham Alive posted:

- Make sure that Graham has at least 80 kills/ace status before Scenario 50. Setsuna may also need to be an ace.
- Unconfirmed, but the other Gundam Meisters may need 50-60 kills.
- Both Graham and Setsuna must defeat some enemies on Scenario 50 (the exact number is unknown).
- Fight and destroy at least one Giant ELS enemy with Graham and Setsuna on Scenario 50.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hate when there are secrets to save your own units. In the show their suicide attack might have made sense but not so much when I've got enough firepower to blow up the world.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 14, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ethiser posted:

I hate when there are secrets to save your own units. In the show there suicide attack might have made sense but not so much when I've got enough firepower to blow up the world.

I guess the problem is that if you don't do that then people complain about there not being secrets.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The important one is, can we save Marida?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

From what I've heard, yes, it's the point system, most of the points consist of having Banagher talk to her when she shows up in the Banshee then when you get her back, have her or Banagher kill Riddhe in the Norn on stage 44. Someone who's actually played it can correct me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yes, but it requires going down Gundam routes.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I guess the problem is that if you don't do that then people complain about there not being secrets.

I love secrets in these games but I enjoy seeing the actual crossover nature of the game impacting the story way more.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well they could make more OG secrets instead, or come up with stuff that wasn't in the show proper.

Like Great Zeorymer from J, or the Missile Pods Scopedog from Z2.

That or make Gadlight saveable or something. Can't believe they missed that opportunity.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

J also had the actual MK2 of the Layzner which wasn't in the show. That was a game with good secrets. It even has a secret Unit for the protagonist.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unfortunately the truth of it is that it's pretty hard to do hidden secret units now, since it involves spriting and voicework and so-on for a unit that people may never see. That is why a lot of recent secrets are recruitable enemies or enemy units.

crowbb
Feb 25, 2013
Slippery Tilde
Noooo! I just got Z3 part 2 and my old PS3 decided it was done and proceeded to drop dead. Fortunately it works enough for me to eject the disc. I've ordered a new PS3 Super Slim (Gotta have my SRW!) and I was only 6 or 7 missions in but this means my game clear part 1 save is lost.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

crowbb posted:

Noooo! I just got Z3 part 2 and my old PS3 decided it was done and proceeded to drop dead. Fortunately it works enough for me to eject the disc. I've ordered a new PS3 Super Slim (Gotta have my SRW!) and I was only 6 or 7 missions in but this means my game clear part 1 save is lost.

To be honest you're not losing much. The game throws money at you. I wasn't bothering with Luck/Dynamite Explosion for most of the game and I still had enough to fully upgrade almost my entire team and everyone who wasn't fully upgraded was at least 50%.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I would kind of like them to not do voice acting for some sort of next SRW largely because it slowly but steadily becomes more and more expensive. Music licensing I imagine is still the worst but now a lot of voice actors are either dead, dying, retired and don't want to bother with that poo poo, or are big VA celebrities who probably want a lot of cash for their time. TBH it's the big element that adds the least to the game, its not like we can progress without reading and the GBA and DS ones did a fine enough job without it. But I imagine since UX set the precedent for VAs being in DS titles its probably not going to happen, save for some sort of magical mobile game that isn't entirely bullshit.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

I would kind of like them to not do voice acting for some sort of next SRW largely because it slowly but steadily becomes more and more expensive. Music licensing I imagine is still the worst but now a lot of voice actors are either dead, dying, retired and don't want to bother with that poo poo, or are big VA celebrities who probably want a lot of cash for their time. TBH it's the big element that adds the least to the game, its not like we can progress without reading and the GBA and DS ones did a fine enough job without it. But I imagine since UX set the precedent for VAs being in DS titles its probably not going to happen, save for some sort of magical mobile game that isn't entirely bullshit.

The music licensing is probably mitigated by them doing covers of the songs themselves.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gyra_Solune posted:

You may feel that way but lack of voice acting was a giant complaint about every game that didn't have it. People are complaining that Z3 doesn't have enough voice acting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Gyra_Solune posted:

The VA cost is peanuts compared to the animation costs. It's still a budgeting problem yes and they'll cut VA to make room for other stuff, but it's very likely animation that continues to dwarf everything.

Like it can't be emphasized enough how much sprite art costs compared to everything else in modern games. It's also a dying industry of talent.

• Locked thread