Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
also I really hope that people would respect/understand my game enough to know that it wouldn't include "blindly defend a scum partner in thread" in it. I don't think Ram's case is right, but I don't think he's scum for making it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

Hal Incandenza posted:

After reading over the entire day I am positive TheRam is full of poo poo about something. He is acting like a parody of himself, which I am not sure I have seen him do as scum but there is no way he believes everything he is saying. The Roleblocker/Jailer claims don't sit well with me either but I can't express why properly at the moment, I have to look at that exchange again.

Wow what a great non-descript way of suggesting I'm a good lynch without putting forward anything whilst also saying you don't know if I'm scum.

I jailed Diqnol, I don't really see what part of things I could be bullshitting about, it's binary. I did or I didn't, I'm Jailer or I'm RBer...Town or scum (or 3P).

???

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't really get what Diqnol was going on about him posting something before the flips that was never cleared up for me but maybe I missed something in the thread that explained that later. It seemed like a really weird tangent though.

How can you read the thread enough to have an opinion that over all I don't quite add up, but not understand Diqnol's point that was very simple and right at the start. It was just kind of silly and reactionary to getting called scum if he's town and a bad deflection point if scum/3P.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Not a fan of poque offering any sort of defense of TheRam.

That's a difficult opinion to have, I applaud you for it.

Hal this is really lazy. Please try harder. You know I'm powerful and not an idiot :colbert:

I can't be around tonight!!! If I am it'll probably be post deadline.

##vote Pmom cus Pmom has more traction and looks scummy. If I die tonight loving lynch Diqnol I don't care if you don't think it's probably enough he is the most compelling case in this game by a fair margin and he should be dead today.

my current feeling is that Diq SK/Pmom Scum makes sense, given the way Pmom leapt on me, and Diqnol's overall play (and my night action)

l8rs

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm da bes

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I will also not be around at deadline, as I have been recruited on a quest to exorcise The Unforgiven within the devil's laboratory.

aka getting groceries

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

Opopanax posted:

Mostly that, yes. If Mac is scum could be that Ram is too, after all

In the process of catching up, wanted to respond to this by saying stop linking people who haven't flipped yet, it's scummy and poor play! hth

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TheRam posted:

Wow what a great non-descript way of suggesting I'm a good lynch without putting forward anything whilst also saying you don't know if I'm scum.

I jailed Diqnol, I don't really see what part of things I could be bullshitting about, it's binary. I did or I didn't, I'm Jailer or I'm RBer...Town or scum (or 3P).

???

I am not sure if you are scum or not! I was just offering my quick thoughts right after I finished reading anything. It's nice that you are "all powerful" and all but you aren't acting in the manner I am accustomed to. I don't think you are a good lynch at this point, I think Poque is probably better since he hasn't provided adequate reasoning for his read on you. I am sorry if that is a point that has been made by others, that happens a lot when there are like 300+ posts between posts you make.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

Little Mac posted:

This's making a LOTTA assumptions-a!

Exactly.

Unless my firefighter role is intended to be a false flag and there is no arsonist, your presumption that Diqnol is scum simply because you jailed him and there wasn't a second night kill loses a lot of traction. In this instance, I think correlation =/= causality. I would much rather vote for behavior than presumed guilt based on suspected night actions. Based on what you've presented as evidence against Diqnol, I'm not willing to vote him.

I think the next morning's kill flavor will be very telling. Barring roleblocks/jail, I'd be very curious to see if a second death occurs.

Still catching up.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poque posted:

also I really hope that people would respect/understand my game enough to know that it wouldn't include "blindly defend a scum partner in thread" in it. I don't think Ram's case is right, but I don't think he's scum for making it.

I didn't see this post before I posted. I don't really think you are "blindly defending" him and I don't even think you are necessarily scum together. I think "bad case/good intent" in something I say about players I know are town when I am scum and I don't really see how you can genuinely think Ram is coming off as completely sincere. To me Ram seems like he's being obstinate and sticking with this "I stopped a kill" thing despite the complete lack of real evidence that he did so. I'd actually think if there WAS an SK Ram would be a better choice because SK calling someone else out as the SK is a sound ploy, but scum trying to create SK controversy rarely works.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Exactly.

Unless my firefighter role is intended to be a false flag and there is no arsonist, your presumption that Diqnol is scum simply because you jailed him and there wasn't a second night kill loses a lot of traction. In this instance, I think correlation =/= causality. I would much rather vote for behavior than presumed guilt based on suspected night actions. Based on what you've presented as evidence against Diqnol, I'm not willing to vote him.

I think the next morning's kill flavor will be very telling. Barring roleblocks/jail, I'd be very curious to see if a second death occurs.

Still catching up.

oh you're outright claiming firefighter now?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think Poque is probably better since he hasn't provided adequate reasoning for his read on you.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't really think you are "blindly defending" him and I don't even think you are necessarily scum together.

##vote Hal

I didn't even know if that first quote was real until you just posted the second.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'd actually think if there WAS an SK Ram would be a better choice because SK calling someone else out as the SK is a sound ploy, but scum trying to create SK controversy rarely works.

This makes 0 sense considering we know that Diqnol was roleblocked. Please give me of an example of a setup - using what we know happened with N1's actions - in which Ram could possibly be an SK.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
to say that I haven't provided reasoning on my read on Ram is completely mind-boggling to me. your posts in the last hour or so just ooze falsely-created content.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Would vote: Opop, wall monitor, Anonymous

Would not vote: Punt, Ernie, TheRam,

Straight up detrimental to the town and free to be vigged/voted/burned/etc: Gulag, Pinterest

Not sure: Max, Exact, Poque, Little Mac

Mac I said I wanted to buy your wares, you've yet to respond. Do you actually have a role or was that all bullshit white noise like the "confirmed masons"?

I will not be around for deadline.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh you're outright claiming firefighter now?

Well, duh. :rolleyes:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Why am I not on that list

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Straight up detrimental to the town and free to be vigged/voted/burned/etc: Gulag, Pinterest

what about PMom's content keeps you from voting him but makes you want him eliminated?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Straight up detrimental to the town and free to be vigged/voted/burned/etc: Pinterest

this is the most ridiculous opinion offered yet in a game that contains theram's posting

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Would vote: Opop, wall monitor, Anonymous

Would not vote: Punt, Ernie, TheRam,

Not sure: Max, Exact, Poque, Little Mac

Mac I said I wanted to buy your wares, you've yet to respond. Do you actually have a role or was that all bullshit white noise like the "confirmed masons"?

I will not be around for deadline.

He has claimed earlier in the thread that you have to be searching the same location he is at night, and that he was RBed last night keeping anyone from buying.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm sorry Poque I don't see where you provided and sensible reasoning for why Ram is town other than a post or two where you say you don't thin kit makes sense for scum to come in the thread and attack Diqnol so you see it as probably neutral. Maybe you have to make it clearer for me?

I will admit that the idea of Ram being SK is dumb on reflection.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Forgot you.

Eh, I'll call it unsure.

Poque posted:

what about PMom's content keeps you from voting him but makes you want him eliminated?

2 things: 1. Something about his posting, and I can't really put a finger on it, makes him seem like the kind of guy who still uses plastic scissors. His post history is just... dumb, but I've gotten burned on that sort of thing before, and I'm trying to avoid the confirmation bias that comes with thinking 'dumb = scummy.' 2. Not even my top scum pick - that would be either Opop/wall.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Time reminder: we're at 3 hours to deadline and the highest vote is still -7.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It's-a de night action!

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

He has claimed earlier in the thread that you have to be searching the same location he is at night, and that he was RBed last night keeping anyone from buying.

So is this in conjunction with giving up a vote? I know this was also said earlier but I'd like to hear it straight from the guido's mouth.

Mac? Care to chime in, since it's your supposed role?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I assume you meant to quote me so now I want to know why you're trying to look disinterested

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Why am I not on that list

Yeah I did, not sure how I quoted myself...

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have a very memorable face

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

Even if it wasn't his case, I think your second point is the best part here. imo it's more likely that...
1) there was one kill attempt last night
2) Ram was anticipating two when he jailed Diq, saw just one and came out swinging
3) Diqnol was blocked doing some town action, assumed roleblocker, saw the claim and returned swinging
4) opportunists like opop and pmom climbed aboard

I don't know if it fits anywhere but I'm also interested in nobody voting Diqnol based on that argument aside from Ram himself.

Poque posted:

Your explanation

is not something I believe. The plan you propose is that he used a scum roleblock against you, then came into the thread with a vague claim against you that he would clarify based on the reactions of the people in the thread, yes? If Ram were scum that plan would've been a lot more lucid upon entry into the thread for exactly that reason

Poque posted:

I'm trying to put together a post but everything is terrible.

Isn't the half-formed opinion idea bolstered by the quick turnaround on his thoughts? Say he figured that coming into the day, if there was only one kill, that you were responsible. He saw exactly that and posted a quick thought. imo it was more reckless than scummy to post a half-formed thought the way he did.

The frustrating thing is the insistence on the existence of a stopped second kill. The entire case hinges on that but we've had no indication that anything like that has happened.

I don't know if it's more likely that a town or a scum would come in with a half-formed idea. I feel like a scum player trying to trap you would be more likely to come in with a calculated fullclaim about what happened during the night, but that wouldn't work well in this situation because of the lack of evidence toward a second kill attempt. I don't think TheRam's entrance into the thread once the day started is an alignment tell either way since I don't really know what the right move for either would be. Isn't it to Ram's benefit that Mac has claimed to also have been roleblocked, but nobody is claiming to have done that?

I don't think it's a stretch to look at the three posts I quoted above and see my "But Ram is town" post as a logical follow-up. But you're right, I haven't made an explicit call in here as as much as I thought I had. it's been more of a topic for discussion in the masonry. There's just no way The Ram is scum and makes a play like this because his logic has been 100% consistent the entire way through. if he didn't believe what he was saying it would have shown up somewhere. do you think his content is made up? It's one thing to think he's wrong but it's a whole different bug if you think he doesn't believe what he's saying. I do.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

wall monitor posted:

also apparently I will be here at deadline since I thought it was at 10

Max
Nov 30, 2002

wall monitor posted:

OK well I have to finish up at work and it takes a while to get home, so I won't be around until 6 EST.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poque posted:

I don't think it's a stretch to look at the three posts I quoted above and see my "But Ram is town" post as a logical follow-up. But you're right, I haven't made an explicit call in here as as much as I thought I had. it's been more of a topic for discussion in the masonry. There's just no way The Ram is scum and makes a play like this because his logic has been 100% consistent the entire way through. if he didn't believe what he was saying it would have shown up somewhere. do you think his content is made up? It's one thing to think he's wrong but it's a whole different bug if you think he doesn't believe what he's saying. I do.

Alright, that makes some sense and I understand the part about being in a masonry and thinking you said more in the thread, that happens to me all the time.

Diqnol is giving me the vibe that he's very town this game, his personality is a little more relaxed than he is as scum. He's still being abrasive of course, but he's doing it more to amuse himself than to stay alive.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I thought it was at 10 also, but I guess the night was shorter than 24 hours.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Poque posted:

also apparently I will be here at deadline since I thought it was at 10
Well I guess I will be too!

Little Mac posted:

It's-a de night action!
Cool. Well hey if I have to search the same place as you and sacrifice my vote, then I'll be searching the hotel tonight.

Anyone else notice how wall monitor is basically riding a case on Doug/Exact which consisted of "oh you didn't like joke phase/oh you replaced a guy who didn't like joke phase," and now tries to cast suspicion on Little Mac because "oh you have a weird post restriction." It's lazy play that's designed to look like effort.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
##vote Pmom

best vote for today

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I hate u guys

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hang ram with me dangit

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Will-a vote-a mamma pasta! ##vote pmom

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Hey Mac.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi-a

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't want to hang Pmom I like Pmom gosh darn it we'll probably be hanging town ugh mafia ughhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Just wanted to make sure you could read my posts.

• Locked thread