Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Well there's an easy way to check, yeah? Vote Kleedrac, see if he flips 3P arsonist, then from that we'll know better about TheRam having some sort of investigative power or if he's lying.

Alternatively we could vote TheRam I guess, but then if Kleedrac is the arsonist he'd have a chance that night to get away with at least one kill by lighting up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
stop trying to lynch theram you idiots

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

Orvin posted:

This whole twenty questions bit with TheRam is why I am fine with lynching him. instead of clearly stating his position, someone has to play twenty questions to draw out information. It is a pretty good cover in letting other people make your points for you. Late game, you can always wordsmith your barking posts to say that people misunderstood your position.

This puts you in the 3rd party camp in my mind. You might be pro-town, but ultimately you are going to continue to derail the conversation. And your continual mocking of criticism is not helping.

I see a couple ways around this if you feel you must continue with the PR.

1. Get a mod to post that this is a mod enforced PR, then we will just have to deal.

2. Post a transcript of what you are really trying to say at the end of each post. More than just your oddball *looks at player like they are an idiot* stuff.

:qq:

wall monitor posted:

Well there's an easy way to check, yeah? Vote Kleedrac, see if he flips 3P arsonist, then from that we'll know better about TheRam having some sort of investigative power or if he's lying.

Alternatively we could vote TheRam I guess, but then if Kleedrac is the arsonist he'd have a chance that night to get away with at least one kill by lighting up.

*smells rotten*

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

*smells like Kleedrac needs to claim or die so vote him and make this happen idiots!*

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

HiipFire posted:

stop trying to lynch theram you idiots

*ramdog twitches and lets out little growns and whining noises as he sleeps, he is haunted by visions of being taken to the kennels in the night by bad men. He is not concerned about being patted on the head obnoxiously all day by children - ramdog is old and too tired to lash out at the 4 year old tugging his tail*

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

AXE COP posted:

Why are you so opposed to "person posts information in mildly obscured way" that you'd rather have "person is entirely dead"?

Because while I do think he is pro town at this point, I am not convinced he actually is town. And if he is 3rd party (or even scum) it is really easy to hide behind the post restriction in the late game.

Also the fact that people have to ask multiple times to clarify his points or cases. People get accused of being scum by posting leadin questions that don't actually make a case, and hope others fill in the blanks.

Either way, I am not actually voting TheRam, just stating that I am willing to take out now what will like be late game confusion. Much like how it can be worthwhile to take out 3rd party earlier rather than later.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Orvin, TheRam is town, stop it.

##vote Kleedrac

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also, Orvin, younever elaborated on the result you have on WM.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote TNL

Can someone explain what about Kleedrac is scummy? I'm not seeing it. Are you three that have him pegged just going off of TheRam's arsonist crumbs?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

##vote TNL

Can someone explain what about Kleedrac is scummy? I'm not seeing it. Are you three that have him pegged just going off of TheRam's arsonist crumbs?

Yeah, either we're lynching an arsonist or we're finding out that theram is a liar.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

wall monitor posted:

Yeah, either we're lynching an arsonist or we're finding out that theram is a liar.

*Ramdog picks up a dictionary and drops it at the feet of WM, it falls open on a page with the entry for "False Dichotomy" highlighted*

*ponders over whether WM is this stupid, also considers that it's probable (and sad) that at least one of WM and Orvin are actually ~~that stupid~~*

*goes back to barking at Kleedrac, who knows exactly why I smelt kerosine*

*If Ramdog hadn't smelt kerosine and sulphur on the clothing of Kleedrac, Ramdog would be encouraging a WM turbo since there is really no reason not to*

##vote Kleedrac

woof woof bark *pants*

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
##vote Kleedrac

ram is pretty convincing imo

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TheRam posted:

*Ramdog picks up a dictionary and drops it at the feet of WM, it falls open on a page with the entry for "False Dichotomy" highlighted*

*ponders over whether WM is this stupid, also considers that it's probable (and sad) that at least one of WM and Orvin are actually ~~that stupid~~*

*If Ramdog hadn't smelt kerosine and sulphur on the clothing of Kleedrac, Ramdog would be encouraging a WM turbo since there is really no reason not to*

##vote Kleedrac

woof woof bark *pants*

Wait, Ram, you're willing to take Flipped Scum Alasdair at his word?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

*ramdog thinks kleedrac smells like 3P and WM smells like scum. only thing giving ramdog paws is it feels too easy, though when 2 scum down on D2 (presumably) it's not particularly concerning, but everyone should pursue ramdog's inquiry since he fears being taken to the kennels everytime it gets dark*

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

Wait, Ram, you're willing to take Flipped Scum Alasdair at his word?

Met posted:

Day 1
-Big Nothing Lynched (Mafia Agent)
-Byers2142 Nightkilled (Vanilla Scum)
Day 2
-Alasdair Crawfish daykilled (Mafia Framer)

*ramdog feels very safe, despite constantly glaring at WM/Kleedrac and feeling uneasy around TNL/Orvin*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I mean TheRam has been tunneling Kleedrac all game and hasn't given a clear response as to why, then starts this arsonist bit which was really contrived by other players from vague dog posts.

I don't trust it. TheRam *might* be town, but he's not as helpful as those of you defending the PR make it out to be. I'll give him that his posts have mildly-increased in content when it comes to description, but he's just using flavor in place of real stances and it's clear he can talk outside of it,

as demonstrated here:

TheRam posted:

*smells like Kleedrac needs to claim or die so vote him and make this happen idiots!*

Something about his playing is off and it's not just that stupid PR.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I mean TheRam has been tunneling Kleedrac all game and hasn't given a clear response as to why, then starts this arsonist bit which was really contrived by other players from vague dog posts.

I don't trust it. TheRam *might* be town, but he's not as helpful as those of you defending the PR make it out to be. I'll give him that his posts have mildly-increased in content when it comes to description, but he's just using flavor in place of real stances and it's clear he can talk outside of it,

as demonstrated here:

Well, how about we force a claim out of Kleedrac and see where that leaves us? I trust TheRam more than basically anyone else alive right now.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

as demonstrated here:

*ramdog yawns and remembers this guy is on par with orvin for shiftiness, ramdog would appreciate someone else demonstrating this to be false tia*

*fyi, ramdog believes byers was town ~80%*

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

Well, how about we force a claim out of Kleedrac and see where that leaves us? I trust TheRam more than basically anyone else alive right now.

*licks exact on the cheek and catches the corner of his mouth as it parts due to a wide smile, ewww tongue to teeth contact!*

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TheRam posted:

*ramdog yawns and remembers this guy is on par with orvin for shiftiness, ramdog would appreciate someone else demonstrating this to be false tia*

*fyi, ramdog believes byers was town ~80%*

Nah, I agree. GG was super sketchy yesterday, was fishing for who roleblocked him today in a way that implies to me that he knows the scumteam doesn't have one, and his posts have been a lot of talking, but not saying much aside from casting suspicion on the people who are the towniest posters in the game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EXAKT Science posted:

Did he answer your question when he voted Kleedrac D1 with nothing to go on? Because I don't recall that he did from his post history in this game.

It's clear he's been tunneling him all game and I don't get how that's not suspicious to you all.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

TheRam posted:

##vote Kleedrac

woof woof bark *pants*

Urgh - TheRam - I now think you're town and just realized what's going on. You've managed to sniff out my flavor of being a fire-eater in the circus. You've managed to make the sad leap in logic that I'm so unoriginal that I got handed a role of "arsonist" and came up with that weak rear end flavor to go with it. Let me assure you you are wrong. I am town-aligned and not an arsonist. I am not willing to full claim in this game for reasons which would become clearer upon my demise. On a meta note I kept reading the thread and being frustrated by your post restriction and Hiipfire's railing on you for being THE ULTIMATE IN TOWN and wasn't thinking clearly. You're wrong about role and I didn't think of flavor. Now I'm going to re-read the thread shortly - but I really like AN's case on TNL right now and I suggest you all read it as well! I wouldn't be opposed to a WM lynch today if we can't get TNL but I still have doubts if we should trust Alasdair.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kleedrac posted:

Urgh - TheRam - I now think you're town and just realized what's going on. You've managed to sniff out my flavor of being a fire-eater in the circus. You've managed to make the sad leap in logic that I'm so unoriginal that I got handed a role of "arsonist" and came up with that weak rear end flavor to go with it. Let me assure you you are wrong. I am town-aligned and not an arsonist. I am not willing to full claim in this game for reasons which would become clearer upon my demise. On a meta note I kept reading the thread and being frustrated by your post restriction and Hiipfire's railing on you for being THE ULTIMATE IN TOWN and wasn't thinking clearly. You're wrong about role and I didn't think of flavor. Now I'm going to re-read the thread shortly - but I really like AN's case on TNL right now and I suggest you all read it as well! I wouldn't be opposed to a WM lynch today if we can't get TNL but I still have doubts if we should trust Alasdair.

uuuuuuugghhh

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Kleedrac posted:

*ramdog nods with a widsom that comes with age, and Ramdog is very old in dog years. He remembers a line involving you smelling of kerosine and sulphur and friends saying you smell like a demon, is satiated for now - also cocks head as if to say "do you honestly think I was unreasonable in my approach?"*

##vote WM

*Ramdog barks "woof WOOF!" as if to convey that he as observed that the possibility of death miller poo poo doesn't outweight the potential that AC hosed up majorly (and framing Byers adds up) and WM is at best a very bad townbrain, and that those shutting down my line of inquiry with Kleedrac are potential scum since pushing against ramdog PR is LHF, and arguing I'm bad by pushing a lynch on a TOWN (from scum POV) is a good way of discrediting me and gaining "wisdom cred" should Kleedrac flip down the line*

*if Alasdair as scum wanted to trade 1:1 with WM one of the scummiest people here we should grant him that, probs just scum*

*ramdog sits and raises a paw and points it at WM, it's really cute*

##vote WM
##vote WM
##vote WM
##vote WM
##vote WM

BARK BARK!!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
uhhh ok

##unvote

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Kleedrac posted:

I wouldn't be opposed to a WM lynch today if we can't get TNL but I still have doubts if we should trust Alasdair.

*Ramdog struggles and awkwardly moves around as you try to place a dog-sized tinfoil hat on him, he seems unwilling to wear it before taking the obvious lynch when 2 scum are probs down on D2 (lol)*

##vote WM

*Ramdog won't vote anyone else and is prioritising other things such as playing ball and sleeping in a patch of sun and shouting at the postman until WM is hammered*

*Suddenly he hearts the flap of a letterbox a few houses down, Ramdog runs away eagerly - his back legs slide out as the rounds a corner and a pitter patter of his claws on wooden flooring fades out as he trots purposefully away to wait in anticipation for the opportunity to snap at the hand of that bastard evil mailman*

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

i hate typos

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
COOL TALKING DOG :D

:D

:D

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Finally, he broke the stupid post restriction!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hey was anyone other than GG roleblocked last night?

wall monitor posted:

Finally, he broke the stupid post restriction!

WM good to see you what do you think of all that's happened today?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

TheRam posted:

i hate typos

woof!

*ramdog is confused as a cat must have walked across his keyboard or something in his absence, gently caress cats, seriously*

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

WM good to see you what do you think of all that's happened today?

Mostly I've been thinking. Alasdair tried to 1:1 me with that claim, and I've been trying to figure out why.

I think scumteam figured out my role, and decided I'm worth sacrificing someone for. Alasdair was pretty consistent vote choice yesterday so maybe they decided I'm worth sacrificing him for. I'm hesitant to roleclaim because even if scumteam already knows then maybe 3P still doesn't.

Alasdair's Flip posted:

Framer (Mafia-Aligned)
-Target will appear to have guilty results to any information gathering role.
-Example: Cops will see your target as Mafia aligned, Trackers will see them target the Mafia kill (priority) or any neutral aligned kill, etc etc

Byers' weird flip wasn't caused by Alasdair's role, no matter what he claimed, so something else caused it. Some sort of role-stealing 3P? Another scum power? Something intrinsic to Byers that made him flip vanilla?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

The whole thing just has me kinda :psyduck: right now

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
disguiser probably

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I really think the most likely explanation for Byers' flip is a Janitor of some kind.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
i mean tailor

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Kleedrac posted:

The other thing I've been thinking about is this, I'm pretty sure it's a lie and Kleedrac is in fact an arsonist.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

*Ramdog ponders over whether or not the town could be insanely crippled by the loss of a single poster who has taken bad stances throughout the game, but only briefly...*

##vote WM

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

wall monitor posted:

The other thing I've been thinking about is this, I'm pretty sure it's a lie and Kleedrac is in fact an arsonist.

If Kleedrac is an Arsonist, then there would have been someone doused in gas last night. Anyone want to claim being doused?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

If Kleedrac is an Arsonist, then there would have been someone doused in gas last night. Anyone want to claim being doused?

Do they usually get notifications? I haven't been in a game with an arsonist before.

• Locked thread