Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
I thought Pearl should have won but Ginger and Kennedy were good too. Though I agree Ginger relied too much on food and other jokes that had been done before.

I'm happy my beautiful Chicken Queen Fame was safe. I'm not sad to see Max go but I am a little surprised. I really hope they don't bring her back next week because what would even be the point? If that was the case they should have just done a double shantay. Trixie is the only one who got an edit to make it look like she didn't deserve to leave (all the queens talking about how shocked they were that she left, getting talking head praising her lip synch) so I think it will probably be her that comes back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

angerbeet posted:

From Trixie's audition tape, her Santch Game idea: Anne Frank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3yM78uUfyM

:stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqbXWYXoJTQ
Better quality. =)

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Ok, I do not need to be crying this hard before work. Katya hit it home for me. I've been sober for three years, and that feeling self worth being completely absent really loving sucks.

I am so glad I had kleenex on my desk.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
poo poo. Rewatching it, I kind of like Kennedy now.

Also the following has entered my lexicon:

"Where are you from?"

"My house."

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Katya is just such a gem. I want to be her best friend immediately and I'm doing the most rooting for her; my only minor beef is that it seems like she's showing up more in the werkroom and confessionals than in the challenges/on the runway. I don't know if it's the edit or if she's getting in her own way, but I want to see her break the gently caress out and it hasn't quite happened yet. C'mon, mom!

Stray, unrelated observation: why isn't Pearl getting dinged for that cadaveresque nose contour? It's so distracting and she doesn't even need it.

Oh yeah, I guess something happened with Max, huh.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

her hair clip is a dreidel.

jesus christ.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I need a gif of that lip curl Pearl does right at the end of the episode when RuPaul mentions bringing back a queen. I laughed so hard at that.

Also, watch Alyssa Edwards get her life watching Violet portray her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvAcoBGxkN0

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

I need a gif of that lip curl Pearl does right at the end of the episode when RuPaul mentions bringing back a queen. I laughed so hard at that.

Suprise!

Bina fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 15, 2015

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Capsaicin posted:

jesus christ.

If I'm reading it right, the 'hebrew letter' on her clip is the pi symbol.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

If I'm reading it right, the 'hebrew letter' on her clip is the pi symbol.

It's ה

(pronounced Hey) and it's one of the four letters that appear on a dreidel. :jewish:

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I living and dying for this. Why couldn't Trixie be this funny on the show? :(

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Capsaicin posted:

jesus christ.
The techno remix "Hava Nagila" ringtone murdered me.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

"I know she didn't cinch her waist for that gig, honey" Alyssa is too great.

untucked this week was rad, it was SO NICE to see more of Violet just chatting and being personable! her and Pearl are adorable together.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

the escape goat posted:

untucked this week was rad, it was SO NICE to see more of Violet just chatting and being personable! her and Pearl are adorable together.
Living for how adorably giddy-relieved they were. That was a great Untucked (it also made me come back around to Kennedy.)

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Some Snatch Game Goodies for you all.

I am still stuck on making gifs for Katya from her series. Editing is becoming a real PAIN.

Also- I cannot make gifs of Mom crying. It breaks my heart. So I just made one of her happy, and laughing.

19:46 You can hear Max being shady as hell.

Bina fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Apr 15, 2015

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Bina posted:

Also- I cannot make gifs of Mom crying. It breaks my heart. So I just made one of her happy, and laughing.

Oh, sweetheart. She is wonderful.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Bina posted:

Some Snatch Game Goodies for you all.

I am still stuck on making gifs for Katya from her series. Editing is becoming a real PAIN.

19:46 You can hear Max being shady as hell.

Use this in the OP for season 8 in the section about her win :allears:

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

spite house posted:

Living for how adorably giddy-relieved they were. That was a great Untucked (it also made me come back around to Kennedy.)

It really was a great Untucked.

I want to dislike Kennedy, but then she turns something like this out and then acts a fool in Untucked. It was enough to change my opinion.

Oh Max...

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Watched the latest episode with the BF last night and it was crazy to see how quick Max fell and was out.

All she needed to do was have some decent follow up to some of her answers and responses and she would have been fine. I mean, Ru set her up big time at the opening with the seance bit. She just needed to say something along the lines of "Oh yes, I was just at a seance, you wouldn't believe how many sacrifices it took to summon me for Snatch Game!"

As for the other queens, what has already been said by others is pretty spot on, but mostly thank you Ginger for not wearing a dress. I really liked her leather and lace outfit.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
That editing during Max's on-stage "meltdown" was terrrrrrrrrible, but I agree with all y'all that she really fell down on this challenge/that lipsync.

Second everything about that Untucked. The Sasha Belle shade was perfect.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

What was really annoying about Max was the defeatist attitude on top of the "I'm going to wear a different colored wig once and then go back to gray" bit. The shade directed toward Jaidynn was also ridiculous. It really makes me wonder if what Ginger said in that last Untucked episode was more truth than gossip.

I thought this post on IG from Milk was actually spot on.

https://instagram.com/p/1dlLSuHPk3/?taken-by=bigandmilky

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm pretty sure Max says she wasn't talking about Jaydin during the whole garbage bag thing. Maybe Ginger? That would explain Ginger's stance.

gays fashion
Dec 28, 2012

caligulamprey posted:

I'm pretty sure Max says she wasn't talking about Jaydin during the whole garbage bag thing. Maybe Ginger? That would explain Ginger's stance.

The only thing Max says is that it's somebody else than Violet or Pearl, and Jaidynn seems to be the most likely target. I feel sorry for Jaidynn since she had to take out a loan to buy the fabrics for the show, but I agree with Max that her look tonight was awful.

I'm honestly kinda glad Max went. Her affected character was irritating and not over-the-top enough to cross over to endearing (see Laganja).

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Not Today Satan posted:

I thought this post on IG from Milk was actually spot on.

https://instagram.com/p/1dlLSuHPk3/?taken-by=bigandmilky

Max didn't go home because she listened to Michelle and changed her wig. She went home because she was boring in Snatch Game, bland on the runway, and not as fun as Jaidyn in the lip sync. Honestly I think Ru made up her mind before the lip sync even started, which is why she asked Max to sing during a "break" to get some extra footage.

I'm biased I guess because I never really liked Max. She never came across as clever enough to maintain a full character to me. It was just a bunch of grey wigs, faded dresses, and "darlings" in a low-effort accent.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Huh, could've sworn Max clarified it wasn't Ginger she was referring to with the garbage bag comment. The camera made a pretty pointed pan to Jaidynn after the comment, iirc.

Anyway I'm glad Violet apparently got over her 'this isn't RuPaul's best friend race!' attitude because this week's untucked made her so much more likeable.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

gays fashion posted:

I'm honestly kinda glad Max went. Her affected character was irritating and not over-the-top enough to cross over to endearing (see Laganja).

also her "I need to loosen this corset" ummmm we all saw Violet last week. not impressed.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Max being kinda busted was what I liked about her tbh :(

Still not too sad she's gone tho. Can't wait for Trixie to come back but seriously gently caress them for this stunt this does not make up for DeLa god drat you all :argh:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I just figured Max was talking about Darienne when he was talking about America's Next Garbage Bag in relation to runway looks :smug:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Nobody should be watching RuPaul's new show about plastic surgery, "Good Work". its like something right out of the TV bits from the first Robo Cop movie.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I wonder if Ru loved Trixie's Anne Frank, but knew it wouldn't get on the air, so the plan was always to eliminate her (controversially) before Snatch Game and bring her back right after.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

I wonder if Ru loved Trixie's Anne Frank, but knew it wouldn't get on the air, so the plan was always to eliminate her (controversially) before Snatch Game and bring her back right after.

They tell the girls all the time when they can and can't do certain characters for reasons related to copyright, I'm sure they would just give a quick whisper to never, ever say the words "Anne Frank" on screen if she wanted to last another week.

But I like your theory better. :allears:

gays fashion
Dec 28, 2012

Combed Thunderclap posted:

They tell the girls all the time when they can and can't do certain characters for reasons related to copyright, I'm sure they would just give a quick whisper to never, ever say the words "Anne Frank" on screen if she wanted to last another week.

But I like your theory better. :allears:

Apparently the producers didn't even let Trixie bring the costume with her. It's a clever idea, but I don't blame WoW for being extra careful after the whole "She-Mail" snafu.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
I don't care so much that she wouldn't have been allowed to do it... her simply having the ladyballs to even propose it makes her the best queen of the season in my book. And then to actually have an act planned out! Holy loving poo poo.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

CHiRAL posted:

Max being kinda busted was what I liked about her tbh :(

Still not too sad she's gone tho. Can't wait for Trixie to come back but seriously gently caress them for this stunt this does not make up for DeLa god drat you all :argh:

Oh good. I'm not the only one who is STILL pissed about DeLa getting the boot before Derienne. :argh:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Granted, I only just caught up to the current season, but I'm still reeling from DeLaGate. The worst part for me was how it took Miss Congeniality away from the super sweetheart Joslyn Fox. Not that Ben wasn't a candidate for it, but Joslyn was much more appropriate.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

gandlethorpe posted:

Granted, I only just caught up to the current season, but I'm still reeling from DeLaGate. The worst part for me was how it took Miss Congeniality away from the super sweetheart Joslyn Fox. Not that Ben wasn't a candidate for it, but Joslyn was much more appropriate.

Yeah. I still look back at that season and think of what a surprising delight Joslyn Fox was. Not only was she gorgeous both in and out of drag, but she had great comedic timing.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah. I still look back at that season and think of what a surprising delight Joslyn Fox was. Not only was she gorgeous both in and out of drag, but she had great comedic timing.

Cumin! :downs:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

darienne was better than dela... :ssh:

e: And she probably won the last LSFYL, despite who went home.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Better at wearing boring sequined sequince tops maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Nihonniboku posted:

womp womp

• Locked thread