Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madjackmcmad
May 27, 2008

Look, I'm startin' to believe some of the stuff the cult guy's been saying, it's starting to make a lot of sense.

Helical Nightmares posted:

TRADING FLUIDS WITH COQ!

fake edit: ok no more killian images this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I heard about the DCSS bug that accidentally doubles character melee damage in 0.16.0. This was right when the tournament started (and nearly doubled the game win rate apparently) so they patched it out in 0.16.1, but I wanted to mess in around with 0.16.0, do you any of you guys have a link to the Windows binary?

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

welcome to ivan

where vomiting is a valid strategy to help you succeed

that said it has an actual use. If you eat rotten food, you will (more than likely) get an intestinal parasite that will cause occasional damage and you just vomit repeatedly until you vomit it out to get rid of it.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
You can use it as a slow way of melting walls too.

Of course stepping in the puddle afterward gives a chance of giving you some damage on your legs.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Is there any mod that would remove all the poo poo content from Cataclysm?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
We have a Cataclysm thread, I think. Might be better off asking around with those crazy people.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Hey, I haven't been playing roguelikes recently or reading this thread, but I just read that Caves of Qud had a tile version in beta and that's made me want to start playing again. Is there anyway folks can buy into the beta? I've been itching to play CoQ again anyways.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Lilli posted:

Hey, I haven't been playing roguelikes recently or reading this thread, but I just read that Caves of Qud had a tile version in beta and that's made me want to start playing again. Is there anyway folks can buy into the beta? I've been itching to play CoQ again anyways.

Soon (TM)

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Lilli posted:

We are all anxious for CoQ

Edit: I recommend a True Man for your first CoQ experience

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 15, 2015

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
You just can't get CoQ key yet. Be patient, Unormal will stop being CoQuettish about giving access to his game soon. And then we can all get CoQed out with an overdose of axe crabs.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Helical Nightmares posted:

We are all anxious for CoQ

Edit: I recommend a True Man for your first CoQ experience

Oh no, I played a bunch of CoQ before. Im definitely rolling an esper next time I play it.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I don't care whose CoQ it is, I just need to get my hands on it

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Unormal, I'd say it's entirely fitting at this point to consider yourself a pimp.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Cuntpunch posted:

Unormal, I'd say it's entirely fitting at this point to consider yourself a pimp.

Gigolo might be the more proper term.

Kit-specific player sprites going on, here's a Praetorian:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So, thanks to the Grognard Games megathread, I learned about a new and rather unique Roguelike earlier this week. It is Armoured Commander and it is a military roguelike where you play the role of the commander of a Sherman tank fighting in France in mid/late 1944. The game is in early Alpha and is based closely on the 1987 Avalon Hill Solitaire boardgame/wargame "Patton's Best. However he plans to grow beyond that game an has already made some changes from it.

Basically when you start the game you are assigned an M4 Sherman (A Turret), the most basic (and weakest) Sherman in the game, there are a total of 4 major variants (M4 Sherman, M4A1, M4A3, and Jumbos) fitted with various turrets. After naming your tank (the randomly named crew currently cannot be renamed) you then proceed through the war day by day. Each day has a chance of your tank getting called into combat (with the first day being mandatory combat). Once called to battle you load your tank with ammo and join your task force for the day's mission. The objective is securing as much territory and victory points before sunset as you can. Every time you enter a new zone you might run into enemy resistance and a battle begins, depositing you at the battle map.

The combat is overall pretty simplistic, but with a lot of tricky tactical decisions. For example, enemy units are more likely to shoot at you if you shoot at them. The Sherman tank wasn't really built to fight enemy tanks (especially the models armed with the 75 gun) so most enemy targets with actual anti-tank ability are extremely dangerous threats. Most Anti-Tank guns, Self Propelled Guns (SPGs), and Tanks are easily capable of punching through your meager armor, especially on the more lightly armored shermans variants (such as the kind you start in). For example, the first turn of my first career ended right there when an SPG I had spotted punched through my hull in a single shot, knocking out my tank and killing two members of the crew, including the Commander (which is "you"). And, of course, the game features permadeath.

Going Hull Down will save your life! Unless they hit the turret anyways...

But much like any roguelike, you learn from your mistakes. My last career was going much better! Sure I'd had 3 tanks shot out from under me, had 2 crew members killed and several transfered out due to injury total, but I was still alive! And today I killed a Panther that was dumb enough to show its back to me. It was a critical hit even. :getin:

Sadly, my luck didn't hold out, the very next mission saw my tank assigned as lead tank (where enemies are much more likely to shoot at you) and during an exchange of fire a PaK 40 puts a shot right into my turret. 3 members of the crew are unable to bail out and burn to death when the tank brews up. Shouldn't have missed that shot I took.

:supaburn::supaburn:

Give the game a try if it sounds interesting. The creator has also done a few videos while playtesting/bug.

And watch out for these bastards. :argh:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Apr 16, 2015

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

(with the first day being mandatory combat).

Welcome to Tank Club. If this is your first day, you have to fight.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

What the gently caress is with these developers and tiny, unchangable fonts? I thought Cataclysm's was bad but this is even worse.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Tank Game looks partially my poo poo, nice writeup!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

dis astranagant posted:

What the gently caress is with these developers and tiny, unchangable fonts? I thought Cataclysm's was bad but this is even worse.

Are you talking about ArmCom? The font seems fine to me, but given its a fixed resolution I could see it being a problem on huge res monitors. Still, the game is being made by one guy in his spare time and is only about 3 months old (and he hasn't been able to work on it for the last month due to travelling). I'm not really shocked that resolution/font options aren't something he is prioritizing or possibly even thought of. Not while he is still busy putting in core game mechanics and squashing bugs.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 16, 2015

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Crypt of the Necrodancer full release next week (April 23rd).

Launch trailer has some footage of zone 4, including new minibosses and the actual Necrodancer fight. Oh, and some zone 4 music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiQUw5Np8o

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

drat i should probably work on finishing zone 3 some more. it's...so hard :cry:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Awesome! posted:

drat i should probably work on finishing zone 3 some more. it's...so hard :cry:

Zone 3 is a lot easier in hardcore mode than it is when you start there with just a dagger and a bomb. If you are trying to start out in zone 3, make a beeline for the store so you can corral enemies better, and remember you can use the bomb in a corner to get 50 gold out of the walls. That's almost certainly going to be the best use of the bomb in this scenario.

madjackmcmad
May 27, 2008

Look, I'm startin' to believe some of the stuff the cult guy's been saying, it's starting to make a lot of sense.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So, thanks to the Grognard Games megathread, I learned about a new and rather unique Roguelike earlier this week. It is Armoured Commander and it is a military roguelike where you play the role of the commander of a Sherman tank fighting in France in mid/late 1944.
What a great write up, thank you for this!

The Lone Badger posted:

Welcome to Tank Club. If this is your first day, you have to fight.
I played a session last night to the Fury soundtrack, fulling closing the Brad Pitt and Tank loop.

I felt a little like Jar Jar Binks, running around driving into poo poo and either missing every shot or hitting things I didn't have a chance to hurt while my allies did all the work. I cleared 6 areas without dying, killing 1 unit myself and the other like 19 died to friendly action. Luckiest bullshit ever. I would like to figure out what I'm doing wrong though.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Huh, this sounds actually neat an extremely like my poo poo

Gonna keep an eye on this

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Terry Cavanagh's been working on a roguelike that he started during 7drl and it's looking pretty cool so far.

http://distractionware.com/blog/

I love the graphics and the little feet on the @

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 16, 2015

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Monstrum is/will be a FPS with things I'm interested in:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=227960559

It's a somewhat rogueish survival horror roguelike in which you're hunted by powerful monsters on a creaky ship loaded with traps. I'm getting a procedurally generated Penumbra vibe from it. I'm tempted to drop the fifteen on it, but I think it might be worth waiting for the eventual release, in spite of the randomness I wonder whether it'll be very replayable. Horror wears itself out, and so do seeing the same kinds of traps, so, this would depend in part on how many traps they're making, or whether the traps are somehow modular and can fit into different combos... that sort of thing.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

madjackmcmad posted:

I felt a little like Jar Jar Binks, running around driving into poo poo and either missing every shot or hitting things I didn't have a chance to hurt while my allies did all the work. I cleared 6 areas without dying, killing 1 unit myself and the other like 19 died to friendly action. Luckiest bullshit ever. I would like to figure out what I'm doing wrong though.

Well, what are you doing? Also, don't worry if it feels like you're killing far less enemies compared to allied units. Afterall, there is only one of you and a nebulous number of allied tanks/infantry in your task force.

The thing I've found most helpful is kinda obvious, concentrate on survival! As I said in my write-up, most enemy targets with anti-tank capability can and will kill you with one good hit. When a battle starts check if you're hull down. If you are, good! Sit tight! If you are not, and there are enemies that can hurt your tank, concentrate on getting hull down ASAP. Its usually best to try to reverse to a hull down position, as moving forward might move close-range enemies into your rear arcs. You have better odds of achieving a hull down position if your commander is directing the movement (especially if he's unbuttoned) and if the driver is unbuttoned. If you're caught out in the open against threats, don't be afraid to use your smoke grenades (have to be tossed by someone in the turret who has an open hatch, so only the commander in the basic M4 (A Turret). Many Shermans give the loader his own hatch, so you can potentially have him toss smoke instead, and some tanks are fitted with a Loader-operated smoke mortar which will put smoke in the close-range hex the turret is facing. Smoke is a +2 to hit for each hex of smoke between the firing

Honestly I only button up my crew if there is nearby enemy infantry, as a penetrating anti-tank round will kill them just as dead and no one's ever shot HE at me (don't think its possible). Heck even in those situations I tend to keep my commander unbuttoned because having the extra visibility and the ability to direct movement/fire is incredibly helpful.

And remember, enemies are more likely to target you if you shoot at them. Don't antagonize a threat unless you've got a decent chance of scoring a kill.

As for killing things a few tips:

High Explosive and smoke rounds ammo can be fired in direct mode (aimed straight at the target) or in area fire mode (where you're more lobbing shells in their general vicinity). Area fire has lowered odds of scoring a kill, but better odds of hitting a target at medium or long range range. In addition, Area fire ignores terrain To-Hit modifiers, so if you're targeting infantry in the woods or in a building, consider using area fire even if they're at close range.

Regarding the Battle Map: Avoid Forests. Ambushes are much more likely there and its hard to hit targets in the woods. I personally call in artillery on any sector I want to move into where Medium or High resistance is expected.

Notes on the various Shermans you can drive:

M4 Sherman & M4A3

The most basic Shermans available. Features a welded hull and a cast turret. Lightly armored by Sherman standards. Always armed with the 75mm Cannon and carries a standard load of 97 rounds of ammo with an 8 shell ready rack. Features an A, B, or C Turret. In real life the M4A3 had a newer, better engine and other minor improvements, but in game it is effectively the same as a basic M4.

You always start a game of Armoured Commander assigned to an M4 Sherman (A Turret).

M4A1

Nearly the same as the M4 Sherman. However it features a (noticeably rounder) one-piece Cast Hull which means the front hull armor is significantly better at defeating the fire of lighter anti-tank rounds. However the turret remains a weakpoint as this Sherman uses the same A, B, and C turrets as the standard M4. In addition the side and rear armor are no better than the welded hulls. The M4A1 is always armed with a 75mm cannon and carries a standard load of 91 rounds of ammo with an 8shell ready rack.

M4A3(75)W & M4A3(76)W "Easy Eight"

An improved model of the M4A3, these tanks have improved frontal hull armor comparable to the M4A1 models. The number in parenthesis indicates whether it is armed with a 75mm cannon or the 76mm long barrel cannon. The W meanwhile stands for "Wet Stowage" meaning the tanks' ammo is stored submerged in fire-retardant ethylene-Glycol. In game terms this means if your tank knocked out it is slightly less likely to explode and is much less likely to brew up, improving crew survivability.

The M4A3(75)W carries 104 rounds of 75mm ammo with a 4 shell ready rack and uses a D or E turret while the "Easy Eight" carries 71 rounds of 76mm ammo with a 6 shell ready rack and uses G or H turrets.

M4A1(76)W

Much like the improved M4A3s, this Sherman is an M4A1 with wet stowage and equipped with a 76mm long barrel cannon. It uses G or H turrets and carries 71 rounds of 76mm ammo with a 6 shell ready rack.

M4A3E2(75)W "Jumbo" & M4A3E2(76)W "Jumbo"

These are "assault" Shermans. Fitted with improved hull armor and the massive and thickly armored F turret, the "Jumbo" is mean to engage the heaviest enemy resistance head on. Anything less than a 88mm Pak 43 or Königstiger will struggle to penetrate the frontal armor of these tanks. Beware however, for this means these tanks are frequently picked to lead the tank squdrons and their side and rear armor is still rather vulnerable to enemy fire. They are equiped with either a 75mm or 76mm gun. The 75mm armed version carry 104 rounds of ammo and feature a 4 shell ready rack while the 76ers carry 71 rounds of ammo and have a 6 shell ready rack.

Sherman Turrets.
Noticed all those turrets I mentioned? There certainly is quite a variety. What they mostly mean is what extras you get. The main differences are whether the turret comes with a hatch for the loader, a smoke bomb mortar, and a vision cupola for the Commander. For the most part you don't have to worry about the different turrets, but when you receive a new sherman, be sure to note what extra features you have, if any.

Sherman Cannons:

The 75mm Short barrel cannon (75) is better at killing soft targets and has weaker AP rounds. However it gets smoke rounds, the WP are basic smoke rounds, while the limited HCBI rounds produces smoke for longer. The 75mm gun also has a better chance of maintaining Rate of Fire (firing multiple shots per turn) compared to the 76L.

The 76mm longbarrel cannon (76L) has better AP rounds and has High Velocity Armor Piercing rounds available in limited supply. HVAP rounds are your silver bullets, capable of killing many armored target even on a front shot, but the supply is limited. Stockpile these every time you're offered some and consider saving them for the most dangerous targets (but remember, you can't shoot them when you're dead). Meanwhile the 76L has less effective HE rounds.

Rate of Fire and the Ready Rack

One useful mechanic to understand in Armoured Commander is Rate of Fire when firing your main cannon. During a turn, each time you fire the main cannon there is a chance you will maintain Rate of Fire and be able to fire the cannon again at the same target without your turn ending. This can be extremely important for maximizing your chances of killing an enemy target.

This is where the ready rack comes in. When you order your loader to reload from the ready rack, you receive a substantial bonus to your chance of maintaining rate of fire, as long as you still have the appropriate ammo type loaded in the ready rack. If you have no more shells of the right type in the ready rack, or if you choose not to use it, you can have your assistant driver help pass ammo as his action for the turn to improve your odds of maintaining rate of fire, though the assistant driver is generally less effective than a prepared ready rack. You can also stack the two, ordering the loader to load from the ready rack while having the assistant driver standing by to pass ammo if the ready rack runs out. I was able to send a surprising 6! shots downrange at an enemy Panther tank in a single turn once this way, 1 shell loaded, 4 from the ready rack, and 1 passed by the assistant driver. That panther was reduced to swiss cheese.

Always remember to restock your ready rack after every battle, and restock the ready rack whenever your loader finds himself with a spare turn during a battle. In general, I prefer to reserve usage of the ready rack for targets that actually present a threat to my own tank (thus when firing at infantry, trucks, and armored cars/half-tracks I will generally reload from general stores with the Asst.Driver passing ammo.

A summary of dangerous enemy targets:
Note all kill probabilities I mention come from Patton's Best. Patton's Best odds were derived from a game called Advanced Squad Leader, but used a d100 instead of ASL's 2d6. ArmCom returns to ASL's 2d6 mechanics and thus probabilities may be different in ArmCom)
("Sure Kills" are actually about 95%)

---- AT Guns ----
Count as infantry and thus can't be killed using AP rounds, use High Explosives.
  • PaK 38(50mm Gun)
    • Unlikely to kill even a basic Sherman on a front hit, it still has good chances on a side or rear hit though, especially to the hull. Don't underestimate it. Jumbo Shermans have little to fear from this gun.
  • Pak 40 (75mm Gun)
    • Good odds of knocking out a basic Sherman on a frontal hit and a sure kill on side/rear hits. Against more heavily armored Shermans it will struggle to penetrate the front armor, but side/rear hits to the hull remain lethal. "Jumbo" Turreted Shermans are resistant to its fire even on side and rear turret hits, but the hull remains vulnerable on those facings
  • Pak 43 (88mm Gun)
    • Extremely Dangerous. For the purposes of the game, this is the same gun mounted in a Königstiger and will destroy even a "Jumbo" Turreted Assault Sherman with ease. Unless you are facing an actual Königstiger, this is likely your #1 priority target to deal with.

---- SPGs ----
Most Self Propelled Guns are basically a tank without a movable turret. Instead they have a gun "turret" built into the hull of the vehicle. They typically feature very strong front armor. All the SPGs in this game are armed with 75mm guns of one kind or another that are roughly equivalent to the PaK 40.

• StuG IIIg
    A Nasty little bugger. The most common SPG you will encounter.
    • 75mm Shermans: Your AP rounds have low odds of penetrating a StuG's front armor at close range and minimal chances beyond that. Side/Rear hits are close to a Sure Kill at close range and remain favorable at longer ranges.
    • 76mm Shermans: Standard AP has favorable Odds of penetrating the front armor at close range, and decent odds at longer ranges. Side/Rear hits with AP are extremely favorable at all ranges. HVAP rounds are sure kills on all facings and ranges with the exception of frontal hits at long range, which are mere favorable.

• Marder II & Marder III
    Unlike other SPGs, the Marder's cannon is operated by an exposed crew working from behind a heavy blast shield as opposed to the crew being enclosed. The Marder II is the rarest SPG you will encounter as it is rather obsolete.
    • 75mm Shermans: AP rounds are a sure kill or highly favorable at all ranges and facings. Interestingly the exposed gun crew means HE rounds have a decent chance of knocking out a Marder on side and rear hits to the turret.
    • 76mm Shermans: AP/HVAP rounds are a sure kill at any range or facing.

• JgdPz IV (JagdPanzer)
    A Panzer IV chassis built as an SPG. Meant to carry the same gun as the Panther Tank but wartime shortages resulted in many being built using weaker 75mm guns, including the ones encountered in this game.
    • 75mm Shermans: Your AP rounds have no chance of killing this SPG on a frontal hit except for a critical hit. Side and Rear armor hits are highly favorable at all ranges, except for long distance side hits, which are merely good odds of a kill.
    • 76mm Shermans: Your standard AP rounds have almost no chance of a kill on frontal hits. Side/rear hits are Sure Kills at all ranges. HVAP rounds have highly favorable odds of penetrating the front armor at close range, mediocre odds at medium range, and almost no chance at long range. Side/Rear hits with HVAP are Sure Kills at all ranges.

• JgdPz 38t (Hetzer)
    The Hetzer is extremely similar to the Jadgpanzer in most respects. But is slightly easier to kill, for the most part you can simply refer to the Jagdpanzer's entry.

---- Tanks ----
Tanks vary a bit. But all should be treated as deadly foes.
  • Pz IV (Panzer IV)
    Roughly equivalent to your own Sherman tank. This will be the most common enemy tank encountered. It is armed with a 75mm Gun that have similar performance to a 76mm Sherman gun firing AP rounds.
    • 75mm Shermans: AP rounds will have decent odds of a kill on a front turret hit, but mediocre on a front hull hit at. Side/rear hits with AP are high probability kills at close/medium range and remain favorable even at long range.
    • 76mm Shermans: The Hull is resistant even to 76mm AP but still favorable at close range and decent at other ranges. HVAP hits are generally "Sure kills" (except hull hits at long range, which are merely highly favorable). Side/Rear Hits with regular AP are a "Sure Kill".

• Pz V (Panther)
    Deadly. It mounts a 75mm gun like the PzIV and the SPGs, however it is a completely different gun and will kill you dead. In fact, it actually has slightly better penetration than the Tiger I's gun. Depressingly, these tanks will be encountered nearly as often as Panzer IVs.
    • 75mm Sherman: AP has nearly no chance to penetrate its front armor. Even a critical hit only has a ~50-80% chance of killing it on a hull hit, depending on range. Even Side and rear hits with 75-AP aren't a sure thing. In a 75mm Sherman you should seriously consider avoiding engaging these things and hoping friendlies destroy it. That said, if you get a good shot at one's side or rear and can put multiple AP rounds downrange, take the shot, but know you're playing with fire.
    • 76mm Sherman: Much like the 75mm, the 76L's standard AP rounds have almost no chance of penetrating the frontal armor (criticals will kill though). However 76L AP shots to the side and rear armor have very favorable odds of a kill, take the shot if you get it. HVAP rounds Have excellent/decent kill odds on a front turret hit at close/medium range. Thanks to its highly sloped front hull armored even the mighty HVAP round only has ~25% odds of a frontal kill to the hull at close range and almost no chance at longer ranges. HVAP hits to the front turret are favorable at close range and decent at longer ranges. Side/Rear hits on the Panther with HVAP are a "sure kill". Conclusion: Don't be afraid to use HVAP on a Panther staring you down, but pray it hits the turret.

• Pz VIe (Tiger I)
    Its a Tiger, do I really need to say more? Is armed with an 88mm cannon that will murder you dead unless you are in the most heavily armored Jumbo Shermans (which it only has 3% odds of penetrating the front hull/turret armor). Very rare. Engage with extreme caution.
    • 75mm Sherman: Do not even bother shooting at its front armor. Low kill odds on a Side hit, especially beyond close range. Even a close range rear hit has less than 50% odds of knocking out a Tiger. You seriously should consider just doing your best to avoid this tank and praying something takes it out.
    • 76mm Sherman: Do not bother with frontal attacks using standard AP. Side/Rear hits have decent odds, especially at closer ranges. The Tiger is why you are carrying those precious HVAP rounds. Unlike the Panther, the Tiger has almost no armor sloping. HVAP rounds have excellent kill odds on frontal hits except for long range and the turret at medium range. HVAP is a "Sure Kill" on side/rear hits at close/medium range, and still highly favorable at long range.

• Pz VIb (Königstiger / Tiger II)
    This thing is an improved Tiger I. Extremely Rare. The Tiger II's improved 88mm gun will demolish even the heavily armored "Jumbo" Assault Shermans with terrifying ease. PANIC
    • 75mm Shermans: Do not pursue Lu Bu! Seriously, think long and hard before you engage a King Tiger in a 75mm armed Sherman. The front hull armor is immune to even a critical hit from your AP shells (Front Turret crits still have reasonable chances). Even at close range an AP shot to the side hull has 25% kill odds while a rear hull shot has 40%. Side/Rear Turret hits have almost no chance of penetration.
    • 76mm Shermans: Standard AP has almost no chance of a frontal kill (even a critical is 50% odds). Chances improve considerably on side/rear hits, especially to the hull (The turret remains quite hard to penetrate). As for HVAP... Remember what I said about the Tiger I's unsloped armor making HVAP very effective? Yeah. They sloped the front armor on the King Tiger. Even HVAP will fail to penetrate the front hull of a King Tiger at close range (~25% chance of penetrating the turret though). However, HVAP will punch through the side/rear of the King Tiger with ease, except at long range, where it struggles to penetrate the turret (hull is still good).
    • Conclusion: If you MUST engage a Königstiger, flank it.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 17, 2015

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
Here's some consolation-because-marketing-is-making-caves-of-qud-release-a-few-weeks-later-than-I-want keys! :ohdearsass:

*TAKEN* KPN6T-ZXDML-QJID? (?=3+2+2)
*TAKEN* 98??9-KFMA3-QT7KE (?? = vee vee)
*TAKEN* 53?FX-JIKYY-ZYJNN (? = zero)
*TAKEN* JFYZ?-MZEP2-E2HCP (? = ecs)
*TAKEN* EDLC8-PK??2-F2KWJ (? = 66 upside down)
*TAKEN* HQ9LN-?HEDE-FP27M (? = THE _UDE)
*TAKEN* K65IA-7I4YR-????4 (???? = not abel)
*TAKEN* Q8FZI-ZANVD-??L62 (?? = ??17)
*TAKEN* 8X7??-2ZEYM-29QNA (?? = ?OO?)
*TAKEN* 7IQ5M-N?LPR-9H3XI (? = ?ORLD)

Unormal fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 17, 2015

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Unormal posted:

Here's some consolation-because-marketing-is-making-caves-of-qud-release-a-few-weeks-later-than-I-want keys! :ohdearsass:

7IQ5M-N?LPR-9H3XI (? = ?ORLD)

I AM BLESSED ENOUGH TO GRAB THIS ONE

thanks, yo

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Unormal posted:

KPN6T-ZXDML-QJID? (?=3+2+2)
98??9-KFMA3-QT7KE (?? = vee vee)
53?FX-JIKYY-ZYJNN (? = zero)
JFYZ?-MZEP2-E2HCP (? = ecs)
EDLC8-PK??2-F2KWJ (? = 66 upside down)
HQ9LN-?HEDE-FP27M (? = THE _UDE)
K65IA-7I4YR-????4 (???? = not abel)
Q8FZI-ZANVD-??L62 (?? = ??17)
8X7??-2ZEYM-29QNA (?? = ?OO?)
7IQ5M-N?LPR-9H3XI (? = ?ORLD)

Took this one, now time to play with my CoQ

drink_bleach
Dec 13, 2004

Praise the Sun!

Unormal posted:

HQ9LN-?HEDE-FP27M (? = THE _UDE)

I knew the dude wouldn't let me down.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Unormal posted:

EDLC8-PK??2-F2KWJ (? = 66 upside down)

Snagged this one. Danke!

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Unormal is a Cood Guy

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe

Unormal posted:

98??9-KFMA3-QT7KE (?? = vee vee)

took this one, thanks!

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Unormal posted:

KPN6T-ZXDML-QJID? (?=3+2+2)

Grabbed this one, thanks!

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Unormal posted:

8X7??-2ZEYM-29QNA (?? = ?OO?)

Is this one boob? It'd better be boob.

I'm already in, so didn't take it or anything.

E: Poop would also be acceptable.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Lprsti99 posted:

Is this one boob? It'd better be boob.

I'm already in, so didn't take it or anything.

E: Poop would also be acceptable.

I can say from experience that poop did not work.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dirk the Average posted:

I can say from experience that poop did not work.

It's two different letters.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Unormal posted:

It's two different letters.

I'm incredibly disappointed in you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
drat, ran out of tries from steam. Also the not abel and the ecs one are already snagged by someone it seems.