Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Malikov posted:

also, Dave is going to get tons of heat for the TNA bit in this weeks observer

Not sure if the newsletter could survive this kind of backlash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Their logic will likely be as follows, depending on the outcome:

If Meltzer addresses their inevitable backlash, he's running scared and apologizing for his ignorance of TNA's success, so they win.
If Meltzer doesn't address it, he's purposely being ignorant of TNA's success and thereby drawing attention to it, so they win.

Confirmation bias rules.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 16, 2015

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Malikov posted:

also, Dave is going to get tons of heat for the TNA bit in this weeks observer

drat him for praising tna's product for weeks and being realistic about how their new channel feels about them and their ratings! what an rear end in a top hat.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RZApublican posted:

I kind of want to believe that this is babbies first cult experience to these people, because I can think of a thousand better cults to join than one dedicated to a lovely failing wrestling promotion.

I'd rather join Heaven's Gate.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

I'd rather join Heaven's Gate.

At least you'd get some Nikes. All the TNAMecca posters are going to die in the iMPACT Zone while wearing Skechers.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
rovert, you are our scoopsman alongside epitasis and I'm glad you make TNAMecca so mad.

To TNAMecca people google searching themselves: greetings. please send nom de plume to us.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1. How fast would Chris Regal get banned here?

2. How fast would William Regal get modded here?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

TNA mecca knows not to invoke my name for fear of my wrath

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

1. How fast would Chris Regal get banned here?

I have never been banned.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MassRafTer posted:

I'd rather watch Heaven's Gate.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't see anything on Cagematch about the Open the Heaven's Gate Championship.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

sticklefifer posted:

I don't see anything on Cagematch about the Open the Heaven's Gate Championship.

That's Gabe Sapolsky's exit plan from his clusterfuck of promotions

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:laffo: :laffo: :laffo:

what the hell

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

WeaponX posted:

what the hell

Can that be the new thread title?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

poor dave :(

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

WeaponX posted:

what the hell

mods please change my name to Starwolf Champ and give me an av of Wolf from Starfox holding up Jeff Hardy's stupid rear end TNA belt

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That's actually not that stupid tbh. It's TNA's awful commentary and low rent production values that brings it down.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's actually not that stupid tbh. It's TNA's awful commentary and low rent production values that brings it down.

The victim mentality is what's funny.

Also the TNA title scene is still awful and they have Eric Young in the mix.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

The victim mentality is what's funny.

Also the TNA title scene is still awful and they have Eric Young in the mix.

True! Just saying overall I'd agree TNA has a better balance of how to use people/pace shows. Shame about the rest of it.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
If you listened to the latest Dave & Bryan radio, you'd have heard Meltz do his "I'm not saying outright that they had Cena start doing the Stunner to stick it to Austin, but I'm basically speculating

It got posted on r/squaredcircle, pretty accurately.

Let's look at the some of the most popular comments:

quote:

Then consider me very naive. I think Cena just wanted to vary his moveset for Mania and then it ended up becoming a staple.

quote:

This is Dave at his best. It's vague enough that it can mean that it's a jab at Austin or that it's leading to an angle. Either way, he can claim he's right. The man knows what he's doing.

After someone points out that this was Dave speculating

It doesn't really matter if he's speculating or reporting because of the way his stuff gets disseminated out online.

His stuff is posted here all the time, almost always just as "Meltzer on blank" or, like this one, "Dave on blank" none of the people spreading his stuff care to differentiate between speculation and reporting. Its treated as the definitive word on something.

He literally says NOTHING in that report. He just dares his readers to fill in the blanks he knows his readers want to fill in anyway.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

"We're stupid and lazy, therefore..."

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anyway on the most recent radio show meltzer basically says READ BETWEEN THE LINES ASSHOLES

if it's genuine speculation and not subtly hinting at something he has knowledge of, he prefaces things with "i don't know anything" or "what i would do is" or "the way they think, they'll probably"

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And Dixie's inability to get a good contract that makes Vince look like a genius.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TinTower posted:

And Dixie's inability to get a good contract that makes Vince look like a genius.

And manage money, yes. As much as Vince hates money (and he does), Dixie DESPISES it. If ROH had TNA's bank roll...:allears:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WeaponX posted:

what the hell

I tweeted Dave Meltzer to let him know there's people threatening his life.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
How did people on the board respond to that? I'm almost hoping several agreed so they could become the dumbest thing to ever be put on a watchlist.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I have no strong opinion on the Roppongi Vice theme one way or the other.

That's my stupid wrestling fan opinion, thank you for reading.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

How did people on the board respond to that? I'm almost hoping several agreed so they could become the dumbest thing to ever be put on a watchlist.

That's not from the board, I very much doubt Starwolf is on the actual F4W board.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

That's not from the board, I very much doubt Starwolf is on the actual F4W board.

sorry, source: tnamecca

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I was talking about mecca. Did people actually back him up on that?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I would be surprised if Meltzer gives a single poo poo regarding how accurate his guesses turn out to be, which is why it's so funny people put so much weight on them one way or another. It's way funnier when people who hate him seem to think he's like metsfan and loses it whenever he's wrong as opposed to how he's usually just like "whoops yeah guess I wasn't right". He probably doesn't even notice that there's literally people who want him dead out there

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

I would be surprised if Meltzer gives a single poo poo regarding how accurate his guesses turn out to be, which is why it's so funny people put so much weight on them one way or another. It's way funnier when people who hate him seem to think he's like metsfan and loses it whenever he's wrong as opposed to how he's usually just like "whoops yeah guess I wasn't right". He probably doesn't even notice that there's literally people who want him dead out there

He's also reporting the day to day whims of a fickle manchild so it's pretty much a crapshoot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

He's also reporting the day to day whims of a fickle manchild so it's pretty much a crapshoot.

That's only because his UFC sources aren't as good.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
At least Dave will openly admit when his reports are off, even if "plans change" is a convenient excuse sometimes.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I think it's funny that wrestling fans go nuts on Meltzer when any "journalist" of a "reputable" sport is wrong just as much if not more than him and is also routinely fed utter bullshit by agents/players and regurgitates it with no thought behind it.

Imagine if the only dude writing about pro wrestling was Jon Heyman or Adam Schefter

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I think it's funny that wrestling fans go nuts on Meltzer when any "journalist" of a "reputable" sport is wrong just as much if not more than him and is also routinely fed utter bullshit by agents/players and regurgitates it with no thought behind it.

Imagine if the only dude writing about pro wrestling was Jon Heyman or Adam Schefter

That would be cool because I could make bank off the "I'm a Jon Heyman Guy" shirt I designed.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Jon Heyman is the greatest writer ever born

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Where does Kurt Angle rank on the Ewing Scale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Marquis de Pyro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5rz1cft5w