Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pureauthor posted:

No, this game is legit harder than any other SRWZ, except maybe Z1.

Z1 isn't particularly hard unless you're going for all the secrets and Battle Masteries.

Then, to be fair, it can be a nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Onmi posted:

It's basically a book I expected to maybe make it in for one mission, Kaname's class goes on a cruise which is taken over by Mithril as terrorists for protection, then Amalgam actually assaulted it, was getting away with Tessa Al goes on about the spirit of christmas and miracles and so Sousuke launches after them soaring through the sky, rips Tessa out of the plane and escapes with her.... then finally confesses that he's in love with Kaname and not her on her insistance that he give her a straight answer.

It's a fun book.

As far as I've seen, none of this happens except for the confession. That scene happens at a point when the TDD has to leave the group and act separately for a while.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ok, I am really glad that ImpAtom recorded that Dynamite Explosion event, really glad. Still not sure if I am all together after seeing it in-game, the whole thing looks like a cliche drug trip you'd see on TV.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

Ok, I am really glad that ImpAtom recorded that Dynamite Explosion event, really glad. Still not sure if I am all together after seeing it in-game, the whole thing looks like a cliche drug trip you'd see on TV.

Sounds like someone needs to listen to his song!

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

Dr Pepper posted:

Z1 isn't particularly hard unless you're going for all the secrets and Battle Masteries.

Then, to be fair, it can be a nightmare.

Why wouldn't you? Honestly, I got all of them on my first run of the game so it's possible (and fun).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Most of Z1's SRs are very final-unit/final turnish if you do a no-upgrade run, most of them in the early game when you have split up forces and your spells aren't that great.

Except that Berlin mission. gently caress that mission.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Even with upgrades they are still difficult. Stage 15 SR point with Setsuko was pretty much impossible for me even with upgrades because of 4 stupid boss units and 3 of them with VPS Armor.

Then again SRW Z seems to be pretty different from Alpha series and the rest of the Z games that my standard approach never really worked well for it.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Z was pretty much all about being a bit surprising and hard to approach with the same mindset at times. And it turned out pretty cool. I still do like Z2 mostly because they pretty much managed to make all the hit shows of the recent latter half of the decade that everybody ever wanted in and VOTOMS in there work.

Speaking of which what is like, the oldest show that's highly requested to be in? Dougram? Danguard? Or are neither of those things anyone cares about?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Custom soundtracks are awesome. Gundam Build Fighters stuff like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4w_xzlM29g makes for areally good Maximum Break replacement. I like that you can customize specific weapon attacks this time around too.

Levantine fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 16, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gyra_Solune posted:

Z was pretty much all about being a bit surprising and hard to approach with the same mindset at times. And it turned out pretty cool. I still do like Z2 mostly because they pretty much managed to make all the hit shows of the recent latter half of the decade that everybody ever wanted in and VOTOMS in there work.

Speaking of which what is like, the oldest show that's highly requested to be in? Dougram? Danguard? Or are neither of those things anyone cares about?

Tetsujin would be the obvious choice. (Classic Tetsujin, not the one that got in.)

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Don't most people want 2004 Tetsujin? Which I suppose is classic Tetsujin comparatively speaking... though Gigantor level animation in a modern SRW game would certainly be hilarious.

Well, doubt the Yokoyama estate has gotten less greedy recently for that to happen.

And I think someone here really wants Astro Boy to be in.

Original Tekkaman for Space Lance memes?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Davzz posted:

Don't most people want 2004 Tetsujin? Which I suppose is classic Tetsujin comparatively speaking... though Gigantor level animation in a modern SRW game would certainly be hilarious.

We've already had God Mars.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

We've already had God Mars.
Will classic Tetsujin be in Black and White though? That's very important.

And then no one would tell the difference during the last Gunbuster episode

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Tae posted:

Most of Z1's SRs are very final-unit/final turnish if you do a no-upgrade run, most of them in the early game when you have split up forces and your spells aren't that great.

Except that Berlin mission. gently caress that mission.
They stop being challenging after 21 or so.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I've found that Hard mode on Z3-2 is especially difficult unless you've been upgrading pretty consistently. At least it has been up to the teens. Lots of enemies seem to have very high accuracy and a lot of the grunts seem to have a size advantage over reals.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Say, do any of you know of anyone who would be willing to carry on with this slightly useful little guide?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/929355-super-robot-taisen-j/faqs/29673

Its pretty much a compendium of all the things in all the games, but they stopped at Z2.1.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Levantine posted:

I've found that Hard mode on Z3-2 is especially difficult unless you've been upgrading pretty consistently. At least it has been up to the teens. Lots of enemies seem to have very high accuracy and a lot of the grunts seem to have a size advantage over reals.

Doing Z3-2 without upgrades or D-Trader items would be pretty interesting. Some of the SR points would become giant pains in the rear end.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Davzz posted:

Will classic Tetsujin be in Black and White though? That's very important.

And then no one would tell the difference during the last Gunbuster episode

It'd be great if they had classic Tetsujin and the entire cast is black and white but nobody else makes mention of it or notices it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ImpAtom posted:

Doing Z3-2 without upgrades or D-Trader items would be pretty interesting. Some of the SR points would become giant pains in the rear end.

I haven't used D-Trader items yet and I'm starting to feel the need to do so. I guess the maps where the giant boss enemies or high level grunts appear give you a retreat condition but who runs away in a game like this?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I do, that poo poo takes too much time.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

Say, do any of you know of anyone who would be willing to carry on with this slightly useful little guide?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/929355-super-robot-taisen-j/faqs/29673

Its pretty much a compendium of all the things in all the games, but they stopped at Z2.1.

Its not quite the same, but: http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/Master_Series_list

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Levantine posted:

I haven't used D-Trader items yet and I'm starting to feel the need to do so. I guess the maps where the giant boss enemies or high level grunts appear give you a retreat condition but who runs away in a game like this?

Nah, the giant boss enemies are fairly easy in that regard. It's some of the stricter time limits for weird gimmicks that would be annoying.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

So I'm probably going to regret asking this, but is the Hi-Nu in?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Materant posted:

So I'm probably going to regret asking this, but is the Hi-Nu in?

Nope and neither is Nightingale.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

As long as the Nu continues to be the best looking unit in the game I don't care if there's no High Nu. They even turned the Fin Funnel dynamic kill from Z2.2 into it's own attack.

Firstkind
Apr 10, 2015

by 2017 exmarx
Anyone know if there is plans for Inaho or Mellowlink to show up in future installments?

Oblique Angle
Feb 11, 2011

God or the devil? Why not surpass them both?!
Burned through Rengoku in a few sittings, started up Tengoku and I find that the BGM list doesn't have any of my custom tracks in it. Do they need to be stored somewhere else now? Or is there some option in this menu that I can't read that controls that?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Firstkind posted:

Anyone know if there is plans for Inaho or Mellowlink to show up in future installments?

Z3.2 is the end of the subfranchise. It isn't impossible for VOTOMS to show up again but they're done with Z.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also how would Mellowlink even work in SRW?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Also how would Mellowlink even work in SRW?

SS-sized unit. He can't kill anything until he hits 150 at which point he smears blood on his face and unlocks several absurdly powerful attacks.

Like Nono but more hilarious.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mercury Crusader posted:

It'd be great if they had classic Tetsujin and the entire cast is black and white but nobody else makes mention of it or notices it.

Just make an entire SRW in black and white, with all the series redrawn to look as if they had been made in that era.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

Just make an entire SRW in black and white, with all the series redrawn to look as if they had been made in that era.

Manga units :getin:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Brunom1 posted:

Nope and neither is Nightingale.
Nu gets a new all-range attack (another one) and Sazabi gets one too, but goddamn if it isn't the shittiestly animated thing I have seen in a modern SRW game.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ImpAtom posted:

SS-sized unit. He can't kill anything until he hits 150 at which point he smears blood on his face and unlocks several absurdly powerful attacks.

Like Nono but more hilarious.

Oh my god that as the skill activation cut in thing would be perfect. And yeah he'd do basically 0 damage to anything, maybe give him one attack with level 1 ignore size so he can at least beat up S size units a little and then bam, he's the big man. Otherwise just a squadron attack. I know in the Touhou SRW thing different spaces on the map have various effects to represent the bullet hell positioning thing, if you could manipulate the AI enough you could maybe give him some weird trap mechanic or whatever but it'd be insanely overcomplicated compared to just bopping a guy. There is a War in the Pocket stage in one of the G Generation games where you're Bernie and the stage has loads of immobile inflatable Santa enemies you can attack and when they die they do damage in area and that's how you take out the Alex, so maybe he can set up lovely bombs or something so he makes a trap and then someone else can set it off and it sort of gives everybody a weird remote detonation map attack.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Super Robot Wars M, where all the series and units are Manga-only.

Followed by Super Robot Wars N, where everything is Novel-only instead!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

MonsieurChoc posted:

Instead of animations you get overlong descriptions of attacks whenever you hit something.

"Kouji yells out "Breast Fire!" as a massive wave of heat expands from the chest of Mazinger Z!"

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

M story is the Getter Robo Saga to completion with everyone else along for the ride.

Mazinger Angels makes it debut, including Z, so you end up with both a male and female Koji.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

Instead of animations you get overlong descriptions of attacks whenever you hit something.

"Kouji yells out "Breast Fire!" as a massive wave of heat expands from the chest of Mazinger Z!"

Not gonna lie? I'd play the hell out of SRW Manga.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Oblique Angle posted:

Burned through Rengoku in a few sittings, started up Tengoku and I find that the BGM list doesn't have any of my custom tracks in it. Do they need to be stored somewhere else now? Or is there some option in this menu that I can't read that controls that?
Press Square on the BGM list

If you see no tracks, then press Start in the BGM list for it to scan your drive.

This threw me for a minute too. The new list is alphabetical and pretty nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Nu gets a new all-range attack (another one) and Sazabi gets one too, but goddamn if it isn't the shittiestly animated thing I have seen in a modern SRW game.

Char doesnt even use the chest cannon!

• Locked thread