Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

I said come in! posted:

Collecting cars was one of the things I was originally very excited about with GTAO. I never did get into it for this reason. Been playing since Xbox 360 launch and the garages have been a mess ever since. They will always without fail eat your cars.

I played for ~2-3 months after release on PS3. The only cars it ever ate for me were the glitched police cars and helicopters I put in my garage. It's not as bad as you say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

automaticswim posted:

Yes, actually.

:( I'm down for doing yours after? I just don't want to lose out on my $1m after coming this far.

Are the challenge payouts like Mastermind and such repeatable? Like if I do all the heists in order again do I get another extra million?

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Akion posted:

:( I'm down for doing yours after? I just don't want to lose out on my $1m after coming this far.

Are the challenge payouts like Mastermind and such repeatable? Like if I do all the heists in order again do I get another extra million?

Yeah, we can do mine after. I liked the setup missions for PS job.
They're one-time things, only.

If you want repeatable, do your dailies. 28 days you get I think it's 500k and 50k rp.

automaticswim fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 17, 2015

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Unless you get something impossible like a loving arm wrestling challenge. I spent 15 minutes waiting for someone to join me, but nothing.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
Hit up mumble, there's typically at least 5-10 people on in the varying channels. If anything, I'll help out when you get those annoying ones.

automaticswim fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 17, 2015

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

automaticswim posted:

ALL IN ORDER - $1,000,000
Complete every heist, including setup missions, in order.

CRIMINAL MASTERMIND - $10,000,000
Complete every heist (including setup missions) in order, with the same team members on hard difficulty with no deaths.

So I'm hosed out of $11 million because I helped someone do Mission 3 of one Heist first before anything else? Man that's lovely.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Sire Oblivion posted:

So I'm hosed out of $11 million because I helped someone do Mission 3 of one Heist first before anything else? Man that's lovely.

Quotin' this because I helped a random dude do the last 2 parts of the Fleeca heist via a random invite. Am I boned as well?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

No, you can start from the beginning again.

We need to get 4 hardcore dudes and gently caress all that poo poo up in a day.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Sire Oblivion posted:

No. When you start heist #1 it resets all of the challenges.

An all-one-crew, hard-mode run without anyone dying is almost certainly going to take some preparation anyway. Everyone needs to be familiar with and proficient at each heist mission because quick restart of a failed mission locks you out of the Criminal Mastermind challenge for that run. If someone dies, you have to return to free-roam and restart the mission. This takes forever.

If you just want the $1 mil bonus each for all-in-order and all-one-crew it makes it a lot easier, but if you're trying to go for Criminal Mastermind also then you want to put together an experienced group beforehand and set aside a couple of long play sessions. What I'm getting at is that doing the heists out of order doesn't matter because you'll do them all a bunch anyway and when you're ready for your dedicated challenge run you can just start with heist #1 and go in order.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Samsquamsch posted:

Dude, what the gently caress. Last night I found a Weazel news van, hell yeah, so I took it to my third garage. Drove my Monroe on a heist setup or two last night. Get on today and in my main garage, in place of the Monroe is the news van. In my third garage, where the van originally was, there's nothing. I called my mechanic and instead of the 23 cars I should have, I have 22. Did I just lose my fully modded Monroe? I'm gonna be so mad if I did.

Exact same thing happened to my Roosevelt. Took it out, bought a third garage, stored a car there. next day the third garage was empty and now there's a sandking where my Roosevelt should be. The worst part is I can't even get a new Roosevelt. Check to see if the van has the same value as your Monroe. My sandking is worth half a million with no mods and I can't sell it.

Edit: How do you do all one crew? Some of the setups only have two players. Does this mean only two people from the crew get the reward? That would be lame.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Powershift posted:

No, you can start from the beginning again.

I'm in. I can only sink that kind of time into it on weekends, but gently caress it, it's been a while since I've done a proper tryhard session.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

titties posted:

No. When you start heist #1 it resets all of the challenges.

An all-one-crew, hard-mode run without anyone dying is almost certainly going to take some preparation anyway. Everyone needs to be familiar with and proficient at each heist mission because quick restart of a failed mission locks you out of the Criminal Mastermind challenge for that run. If someone dies, you have to return to free-roam and restart the mission. This takes forever.

If you just want the $1 mil bonus each for all-in-order and all-one-crew it makes it a lot easier, but if you're trying to go for Criminal Mastermind also then you want to put together an experienced group beforehand and set aside a couple of long play sessions. What I'm getting at is that doing the heists out of order doesn't matter because you'll do them all a bunch anyway and when you're ready for your dedicated challenge run you can just start with heist #1 and go in order.

Well that's good, I'm glad that it's not possible to get locked out of that bonus money permanently but now that you laid it out for me I don't think I'd ever be able to achieve all of this poo poo anyway. Jesus that sounds hard.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Exact same thing happened to my Roosevelt. Took it out, bought a third garage, stored a car there. next day the third garage was empty and now there's a sandking where my Roosevelt should be. The worst part is I can't even get a new Roosevelt. Check to see if the van has the same value as your Monroe. My sandking is worth half a million with no mods and I can't sell it.

Edit: How do you do all one crew? Some of the setups only have two players. Does this mean only two people from the crew get the reward? That would be lame.

Get a crew of 4 and split off for the first heist. Then join back together for the 2nd. Rockstar did a really really stupid thing in splitting and confusing players like that.

Samsquamsch
Jun 6, 2011

Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdooooown!
I sent a support ticket to Rockstar, hopefully they give me back my beautiful yellow baby :(

Also good fun guys, shame everyone and their mother has heatseeking missiles and the Valkyrie's not super great at dodging. Did manage to avoid a couple shots and it felt like a Vietnam war movie :P

e: also tried Stalking Warstock for the 10% discount but it seems like it didn't give it to me when I bought the Valkyrie. God drat it. Whatever. I love this loving game. Hope you guys are still rolling in my Insurgent.

Samsquamsch fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 17, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Samsquamsch posted:

I sent a support ticket to Rockstar, hopefully they give me back my beautiful yellow baby :(

Also good fun guys, shame everyone and their mother has heatseeking missiles and the Valkyrie's not super great at dodging. Did manage to avoid a couple shots and it felt like a Vietnam war movie :P

Yeah, the heat seekers from the handheld thing seem far more agressive than the ones shot from planes or helis.

pretty much makes helicopters useless. I for one shoot down whatever gets within range.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Powershift posted:

Hi my name is Slim and I like to gently caress all the poo poo up pick me

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I was just flying around in a basic heli checking out the map and first person. Some rear end in a top hat shoots me down. Those hand held ones are lame.

I also put in a ticket for my Roosevelt. I've read they don't replace the car, they just give you money for it. I'd rather have the car back as you can't buy it anymore.

Edit: Is there an IRC channel? #gta5goons is dead. Also, is there a password for the mumble server listed earlier? Wouldn't let me on.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Cojawfee posted:

Also, is there a password for the mumble server listed earlier? Wouldn't let me on.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3521554

vv oh good to know the correction, thanks.

automaticswim fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 17, 2015

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

automaticswim posted:

If you want repeatable, do your dailies. 28 days you get I think it's 1mil and 50k rp.

500k. I just managed it 2 days ago.

Coupe LeFromage
Aug 10, 2009

Seeking a crime connection

Me: Lovelorn goon seeking action and satisfaction on the PS3
You: Felonious psycho with that "something special" glimmer in your eye

If you like Pina Coladas (or burbon), and doing heists while drunk I'm looking for you!
*organized PS3 crew or crewmembers to do crime via (vaguely) scheduled meetup with VOIP

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is there anyway to wear that Astronaut suit you see people have at the studios? I want to be an astronaut all day everyday.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sire Oblivion posted:

Is there anyway to wear that Astronaut suit you see people have at the studios? I want to be an astronaut all day everyday.

In Director Mode, yes. But you can't wield weapons or drive, IIRC. Turn on low gravity and super jump to get your proper lunar experience.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

I was just flying around in a basic heli checking out the map and first person. Some rear end in a top hat shoots me down. Those hand held ones are lame.

Passive mode, yo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SplitSoul posted:

In Director Mode, yes. But you can't wield weapons or drive, IIRC. Turn on low gravity and super jump to get your proper lunar experience.

That's no fun.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Just jumped into a session with a couple of goons running fuckers over, went to get my good running fuckers over car from the garage and CTD'd on the way to the slaughter. First time it's happened, too. Proper shame, because that was the longest I'd been online without a dropout since release (PC).

I'm off to put a shrimp on the barbie (not Australian).

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Uhhh.. so is the online down? I tried playing right now and it said something about Rockstar services being offline.

Moggie
Sep 14, 2010
I purchased GTA5 PC from GMG before it released without realizing that it wasn't a steam key and now I want the Steam version.

If anyone is looking for GTA 5 I'd be willing sell them my RockStar Social Club account with the GTA 5 license attached for $46 (GMG sale price). Looks like Social Club accounts are fully transferable because you can edit every single account detail (including username/Email address) to transfer it to someone else.

I can't use PMs on SA so I guess reply here if you might be interested.

Moggie fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 17, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So there's no way to tweak my character after I transfer right? She looked nothing like she did in the 360 and I'm to poo poo at these things to make her look any better.

Also I accidentally bought spare ammo for 100k. :downs:

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Moggie posted:

I purchased GTA5 PC from GMG before it released without realizing that it wasn't a steam key and now I want the Steam version.

If anyone is looking for GTA 5 I'd be willing sell them my RockStar Social Club account with the GTA 5 license attached for $46 (GMG sale price). Looks like Social Club accounts are fully transferable because you can edit every single account detail (including username/Email address) to transfer it to someone else.

I can't use PMs on SA so I guess reply here if you might be interested.

There's no real point to getting it on steam. Just link it as a non-steam game and you get access to all the steam functionality.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Anyone let me know how to get the gamepad to work with windows? I don't see it under Devices. Yes, I've installed the drivers.

Do I have to de-couple it from Xbone and if so, how do I do that. Google only shows that people are having connection problems. Not how to purposely remove a controller from xbone's grasp.

I haven't used windows in 8 years and I still can't believe that they haven't caught up on plug-n-play.

geeves fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 17, 2015

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Alteisen posted:

So there's no way to tweak my character after I transfer right? She looked nothing like she did in the 360 and I'm to poo poo at these things to make her look any better.

Also I accidentally bought spare ammo for 100k. :downs:

Changing your character's appearance is like the very first thing it asks you to do after you transfer.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Wow. So apparently the Flight School missions give you a good chunk of change.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

geeves posted:

Anyone let me know how to get the gamepad to work with windows? I don't see it under Devices. Yes, I've installed the drivers.

Do I have to de-couple it from Xbone and if so, how do I do that. Google only shows that people are having connection problems. Not how to purposely remove a controller from xbone's grasp.

I haven't used windows in 8 years and I still can't believe that they haven't caught up on plug-n-play.

Is there a sync button on it anywhere? I didn't know it was possible to use the wireless controllers on PC yet.

Edit: Apparently you just have to plug it into a micro USB cable.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Is there a sync button on it anywhere? I didn't know it was possible to use the wireless controllers on PC yet.

Edit: Apparently you just have to plug it into a micro USB cable.

It's wired. I'm talking to Xbox support. Bsically had to unplug my xbox and put the controller into a different USB port. I guess two of them are DOA.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Anyone wanna do race win trading? I was thinking Criminal Records (unless there's a better one now) so I can get my Armored Karuama all decked out. PS3 name: TheBoxySquare

I dont have a mic but I dont think that'll be much of a problem. We can also do some of your car's classes too if youd like after :)

Miffroon
May 7, 2006
Owe's mansex to Hotwire
I just finally managed to get the PC content creator working, made a quick race that focuses on the park area in downtown LS. If people could give it a try and tell me how it plays that'd be great, it's set for 18 players max, anymore and it'd be a huge clusterfuck. There's a couple parts where you have to slide down narrow alleyways and even race against racers that can be coming from the opposite direction.

Downtown Burnout. let me know how it plays, I don't expect anything amazing, but I just wanted to tool around with it and try make a standard race before I go being evil with it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

titties posted:

Changing your character's appearance is like the very first thing it asks you to do after you transfer.

You also get one for each of your characters. Mine glitched out so I got another try on my main after I hosed up. Pretty satisfied.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

titties posted:

I know, I just hosed up and was wondering if I'll get another chance to change her a bit, if not its cool.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wow. So apparently the Flight School missions give you a good chunk of change.

Yeah, but is it worth the loss of sanity caused by the last 3 missions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Montalvo posted:

Yeah, but is it worth the loss of sanity caused by the last 3 missions?

I thought about getting golds but then got to those and never want to do them again.

• Locked thread