Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

In England, 1868, the wealthy George Joestar lost his wife in a carriage accident while his infant son Jonathan survived. They were found by Dario Brando, a poor man aiming to loot their corpses. Mistakenly believing that Dario had saved his life, George Joestar promised to repay the debt he owed.

And so, years later when Dario's son Dio was left orphaned, he was adopted into the Joestar family. But this was not enough to satisfy Dio. After growing up in the slums with nothing but loathing for his background and his alcoholic father, Dio vowed to rise to the very top. He became bitter rivals with his new brother Jonathan, aiming to ruin him and claim the Joestar fortune all for himself. The true depths of his evil schemes were finally revealed as they reached adulthood, when Jonathan uncovered Dio's plot to poison George Joestar.

This could have been just a standard tale of greed and ambition, but thanks to the bizarre power of a mysterious ancient artifact, the tragedy did not end there...

Welcome to JoJo Mafia! Part 1: Phantom Blood is a relatively short and simple story in the grand scheme of JoJo, setting up the foundation and history for much greater things to come. Similarly, this game will be a basic one featuring only a bare minimum of traditional roles. The game will start Saturday at 10 AM!

This game is intended for Auspol regulars, or lurkers in Australian time zones. Days and nights will be the traditional Auspol breakneck schedule of 12 hours each. Proposed hours:

Real City Time: 10 AM - 10 PM (Brisbane can be included, now that daylight savings is over!)
Perth Time: 8 AM - 8 PM

Players:
  1. Anidav
  2. Asphyxious
  3. Birdstrike
  4. Gwynplaine
  5. Matthew Beet
  6. Mithranderp
  7. Seagull
  8. Those On My Left
  9. Zetsubou-san

Bifauxnen fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Game Rules:

* Never edit your posts.

* No talking about this game outside this thread. (unless you are scum talking amongst yourselves, or in a deaddoc) This includes coy hints in the chat thread!

* Do not directly quote your role PM or any other mod PM. Discussing your role or results is fine, faking up official mod communications is not.

* No deadposting unless it's the standard no-content stuff, like "go team" "you guys suck", etc.

* No toxxing or truth or dare or literal encryption of posts, or anything else dodgy that goes against the spirit of just talking things out in the thread.

* Day phases are 12 hours, from 10 AM - 10 PM Australian Eastern Time.

* Lynches are by majority, playing to hammer. Do not purposely post after the hammer has fallen.

* Don't panic, there are no loving millers of any type whatsoever.

Bifauxnen fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 18, 2015

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

yeah what up

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Totes in

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
On one hand I love JoJos.

On the other hand I have a busy life at the moment. Hummmm

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

no thanks.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
tempting, but I have assignment crunch on atm.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Look at all those negative and wrong posts.

Bif I would be happy to join your jojoba project.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
in

i know nothing past that the jojos exist and za warudo is better for it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm on as long as there's no rape magnets.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

I'm on as long as there's no rape magnets.

Don't worry, that's not till Part 3

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I want to play but the better half of my brain says I need to work hard right now.

SADFACE

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
So when did you think it will start and be finished by? I will dropping out of civilisation on Monday the 20th (Heading to WA) and don't want to leave people in the lurch

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Freudian Slip posted:

So when did you think it will start and be finished by? I will dropping out of civilisation on Monday the 20th (Heading to WA) and don't want to leave people in the lurch

Hm, it might not get started till right around then, actually! Signups are going a bit slow so I probably won't be able to kick things off till the weekend.

Once the game does start though, it should be all finished within a week.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
oh poo poo this has started why didn't you explicitly tell me and me personally

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Seagull posted:

oh poo poo this has started why didn't you explicitly tell me and me personally

I was wondering where you were :cheeky: don't worry you got plenty of time. Sorry Iggy does not exist yet, I could make you Danny instead, but... yeah, never mind.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
In to lynch Beet

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

#vote gaspy

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Nice omgus dude

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
In it to Gwyn it, as usual.

Did it for real, while ya'll pretended
Back for more, startin' the war to end it

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Gwyn you should drunk post more.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Birdstrike posted:

Gwyn you should drunk post more.

That's my secret, Cap.

I'm always drunk posting.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Looking at the cast so far...

I will say: Yes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bif pm busb, he's cool.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sweet, if we don't get up to 11 by the weekend then, we can still go ahead with 9. I'm thinking of starting it off Saturday morning, or would Sunday be better if people got a lot of stuff going on?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Game rules added to the 2nd post. I'll add a votefinder image up there later as well. Signups close tomorrow night!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

It is now 1888. The same year in which Jack the Ripper went on his murderous spree. But Jack is not the only terror who stalks the streets...

Dio: "So this is the end? JoJo, I want you to be the one to handcuff me."

Dio: "JoJo, being human means having limits. I've learned something. The more carefully you scheme, the more unexpected events come along. As long as you are human..."

Jonathan: "What? What do you mean?"

Dio: "I'm throwing away my humanity, JoJo!"

Jonathan: "Dad!"

George Joestar, Town Plot Device, has been killed on Night 0!

Police Chief: "Fire!!"

Dio was also killed on Night 0...?

Day 1 will begin at 10 AM tomorrow! I'll send out the PMs tonight. Contact me (and possibly clear out your inbox) if you don't have one by tomorrow morning.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

While Jonathan had been chasing the proof of Dio's crimes, Dio discovered the secret of the stone mask Jonathan was studying. Activated by blood, it turned the one wearing it into a vampire with incredible powers.

Dio: "I'm beyond human! Invincible! Immortal! I will rule this world!"

Dio has been revived!

Jonathan and Dio fought to finally settle the score, and Jonathan was willing to burn down the Joestar mansion if it could put an end to Dio's evil.

But although Dio was gravely wounded and forced to retreat into hiding, he was not yet completely destroyed. He is now gathering an army of zombie followers while he regains his strength. If Dio's ambition cannot be destroyed for good, he could enslave humanity and take over the whole world! Can he be stopped before it's too late?

Day 1 has begun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hRXxnTue5w

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Hey everyone!

##vote Anidav

:)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Early role claims seemed to work last time, so I role claim Graic Gorbtag.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Hi everyone.

This will be a good way for me to learn about Jojo.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

Hey everyone!

##vote Anidav

:)

I like your style!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Asphyxious posted:

Hi everyone.

Got you covered my friend: http://youtu.be/IANh2rF7NIM

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Morning goons :)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

I like your style!

:hfive:

I actually would like Anidav to survive at least D1 because I feel hilarity would inevitably ensue.

##unvote

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Hi everyone.

Dio is a vampire that can summon the dead and or make other less powerful vampires. He aims to take over the world.

the Joestar Family and friends aim to stop him by using the Ripple, a weird loving power where you use the sun's rays and absorb them through breathing patterns to unleash them during combat via kicks or punches. This kills vampires and Zombies rather instantly.

Dio can also freeze his blood to freeze other people in direct contact with him and fire eye fluid out of his eyes like a laser to own people.

We must stop Dio and his Vampire minions to win.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Dio is a vampire that can summon the dead and or make other less powerful vampires. He aims to take over the world.

the Joestar Family and friends aim to stop him by using the Ripple, a weird loving power where you use the sun's rays and absorb them through breathing patterns to unleash them during combat via kicks or punches. This kills vampires and Zombies rather instantly.

Dio can also freeze his blood to freeze other people in direct contact with him and fire eye fluid out of his eyes like a laser to own people.

We must stop Dio and his Vampire minions to win.

This is a lot of effort for 'hi day 1'

Hi day 1

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

This is a lot of effort for 'hi day 1'

Hi day 1

GOTCHA

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

TRAP SPRUNG, THIS IS THE WORK OF AN ENEMY VAMPIRE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

TRAP SPRUNG, THIS IS THE WORK OF AN ENEMY VAMPIRE.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW POST ANYWAY

• Locked thread