Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The dragon weapon missing its extra 4% is just a visual bug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIGRJrj8msM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

hiddenriverninja posted:

I ran a Nen Master Fighter person on the old Nexon DFO. I just got a new laptop and want to play this, but I'm not sure I can put in the time investment to get things back the way they were. How's the leveling/drop curve now?

Leveling is much much better. Do your quests for your level and you get a decent supply of experience potions to use, and right now you can get some fatigue potions pretty easily too.

For those that were concerned about the dragon weapon losing the extra 4% damage, that appears to just be a visual bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIGRJrj8msM

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Requested to join GamerGirls on AllMyAnimes

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

cathead posted:

No they're both primarily (or in Chaos' case, purely) fixed damage. A growing weapon still benefits a fixed class though so don't let that turn you off.

If you really want to min max I think i'd give it to the Witch over Chaos Knight since the 4% damage effect doesn't apply to Chaos summons, and Chaos basically facerolls leveling even without a growing weapon. Witch is a bit more of a struggle at some points during leveling (but the payoff will be huge especially once we get 2nd awakening) so the weapon would help smooth that out somewhat.

thanks. I'll probably faceroll chaos until I get bored of it and hang onto the box.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Thank you to everyone who helped me with floor 2. I was able to clear it! And then....Floor 3 happened to me.

...I'm just gonna look at a video. Am I the only one struggling with this? Otherverse wasn't this big of a pain in the rear end imo

Despair gets a lot easier after floor 6 for a bunch of floors with some various spikes here and there. Floor 3 you mainly just can't stand still and can never be on his x axis or you'll get multi steyr'd or frozen into his low cooldown quantum bomb.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Einwand posted:

Despair gets a lot easier after floor 6 for a bunch of floors with some various spikes here and there. Floor 3 you mainly just can't stand still and can never be on his x axis or you'll get multi steyr'd or frozen into his low cooldown quantum bomb.

That's floor 4. Floor 3 is the grenade pinata.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Are there any xp/fp events this weekend?

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Just the standard 20% and +20 fp, I believe.

Notapipe
Apr 4, 2011

100% Self-Loathing Posting

Can someone give to some good pointers on F. Ranger? Every dungeon for me is just an adventure of getting the poo poo beat out of me.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam

Notapipe posted:

Can someone give to some good pointers on F. Ranger? Every dungeon for me is just an adventure of getting the poo poo beat out of me.

Mostly just get to 35. That's when you get some of your best skill that really help you not get owned forever. Play somewhat cautiously before then, despite how fun triple clutch and sonic spike are.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Anyone familiar with Rogue? I just got Sonic Assault and I can't figure out how to jump to other mobs. I try hitting C but nothing happens, I just keep wailing on the first dude. For 50 SP I need to figure it out pronto.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

LizardBeam posted:

Mostly just get to 35. That's when you get some of your best skill that really help you not get owned forever. Play somewhat cautiously before then, despite how fun triple clutch and sonic spike are.

Yeah, at the end of the day you're still a strength class with a long range autoattack. No shame in plinking nasty super armor bosses at a distance until you unlock the fun toys.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Are there any way s to get FP potions in OBT2?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Gorelab posted:

Are there any way s to get FP potions in OBT2?

Make them as an alchemist or buy them off the auction house, or use Mileage points to get them from the shop. When you open the shop, there's a button at the top left to switch to another side that uses Mileage instead of gold and there will be two kinds there. I don't know how the potions stack per day.

Notapipe posted:

Use APCs (auction house, Profession > Animator tab) to take the beatings and use a support character if you have one (you can start this once you have a level 50). FRanger is by far the worst leveling experience I've had even with being able to Quantum Bomb every second room with my main Launcher as support.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 17, 2015

RGCrab
Aug 23, 2012

Zweihander01 posted:

Anyone familiar with Rogue? I just got Sonic Assault and I can't figure out how to jump to other mobs. I try hitting C but nothing happens, I just keep wailing on the first dude. For 50 SP I need to figure it out pronto.

If C is your jump key, then that is it. The enemies have to be within a certain range and grabbable are the only constraints.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
Applying to GamerGirls as Zekmel. Not sure if we allow more than one alt in that guild, but if not I'll have you guys kick my other once I'm in (and can check to remember which my other one is).

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Restraint can have 2 characters, afaik GamerGirls doesn't have a limit.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

Charles Bukowski posted:

Restraint can have 2 characters, afaik GamerGirls doesn't have a limit.

Wait, I can have 2 in Restraint now? I guess I'll move over there on my avenger, then.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zelmel posted:

Wait, I can have 2 in Restraint now? I guess I'll move over there on my avenger, then.

Given how full it's getting, it's probably better not to...

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Pexo is the best. It's one of the smoothest classes I ever played; definitely happy with giving him my growth weapon.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Hellioning posted:

Pexo is the best. It's one of the smoothest classes I ever played; definitely happy with giving him my growth weapon.

It feels like cheat mode. Every room just gets destroyed within 5 seconds of me entering it.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

Supremezero posted:

Given how full it's getting, it's probably better not to...

Good point. Leaving Restraint guild on "Zelmel" and applying as "Zekmel" instead.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

MrBims posted:

Make them as an alchemist or buy them off the auction house, or use Mileage points to get them from the shop. When you open the shop, there's a button at the top left to switch to another side that uses Mileage instead of gold and there will be two kinds there. I don't know how the potions stack per day.

You can stack all of them. The alchemy-made 30 fp pot, the mileage 20 fp pot, and the mileage 50 fp pot have individual cooldowns.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
So how exactly does this Mileage stuff work?

booksnake
May 4, 2009

LogicNinja posted:

So how exactly does this Mileage stuff work?

When you're above level 20, run dungeons that have the little green "Optimal" next to their banner in the dungeon select screen. This typically means within 5 levels below you. Difficulty level and dungeon length does not matter. When you beat the boss, you get 1 mileage point. Then spend spend spend.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Made my challenge character as a Witch and she owns. Already at 37, which isn't too bad, I guess.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Applied to GamerGirls as Saberin.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

booksnake posted:

When you're above level 20, run dungeons that have the little green "Optimal" next to their banner in the dungeon select screen. This typically means within 5 levels below you. Difficulty level and dungeon length does not matter. When you beat the boss, you get 1 mileage point. Then spend spend spend.

Also, though in retrospect it should have been obvious, Mileage is account-based rather than character based. So you can get a lot of it by playing all of your characters through their fatigue points but you're gonna have to pick and choose who you want to get the benefits cause they won't go around equally.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Wait until a real cash shop is implemented because then you get even more miles by purchasing poo poo with real money. You gain like 1-3% of the purchase cost as miles, which is quite a chunk if you bought something like an avatar package.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
When does Asura start being the face-wrecking room nuking powerhouse I keep hearing people talk about? When I changed over it was basically relying on ghost orb and the waves from my sword swings. Whereas Avenger was a full throttle :killdozer: from the get-go.

Turhis
Mar 17, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

When does Asura start being the face-wrecking room nuking powerhouse I keep hearing people talk about? When I changed over it was basically relying on ghost orb and the waves from my sword swings. Whereas Avenger was a full throttle :killdozer: from the get-go.

I think at level 25 you get Ice Wave Sword or something like that and well, that is just stupid, it CC's the whole room while killing everyone, If I didn't have my Berserker I wouldn't know how half the bosses look like when you kill them offscreen with Ice/Ghost/Whatever.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
I feel like Asuras get good at like 20. Just keep wave brand generation going and shoot laser swords forever. They just sort of ramp up from there, especially when they get Ice Wave Sword.

Also, I just hit 40 on my F. Ranger and :drat:

Twin Gun Blades and Multi Headshot are godlike. TGB has its duration = to cooldown so you can use it forever if you want, and multi headshot is just super radical in general. Pro tip: you fire it by mashing the direction you want to fire in, which you can change for each shot if you want.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

A Charged Spirit Crescent will clear out most rooms by itself, then Ice Wave Sword and Ghost Orb will kill most bosses immediately.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I finally awakened as a Desperado, now I can just hand my Debris to my alts and never have to worry about it ever again.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Eddain posted:

A Charged Spirit Crescent will clear out most rooms by itself, then Ice Wave Sword and Ghost Orb will kill most bosses immediately.

Then when you get Fire Wave you stop even having to pretend you're putting forth any effort.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
I named my soul bender SwoleBender because I am a genius

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So this growing weapon is a one time thing huh. Good thing the default fighter guy is fun so far(still don't understand what crimes those Christmas Gnomes committed). It mentions a time crystal if I want to disable the expiration date, is it worth looking into this?

I'm beginning to see what makes people dig the game. I have no idea how absurd the grind gets so for the challenge thing I picked lvl 21 :downs:.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Mindblast posted:

So this growing weapon is a one time thing huh. Good thing the default fighter guy is fun so far(still don't understand what crimes those Christmas Gnomes committed). It mentions a time crystal if I want to disable the expiration date, is it worth looking into this?

You'll get Dragon Teardrops in dungeons. Click the tiny dragon head icon above your bottom bar to open the UI, then click the Use button to feed these tears to your weapon. Once you feed it a hundred tears it becomes permanent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

That... wow that's entirely different from what the game tells you. Is this game loaded with poo poo like this? Still, I am getting those tears at a solid pace and the time limit is generous.

• Locked thread