Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
You don't ever have to fill it, you just kind of wind up with max ammo from picking it up over several months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Anyone on PC want to grind out a few rally races in the near future to unlock the metallic car colors? I've been meaning to do this since 2013 but never got around to it.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

ninjahedgehog posted:

Anyone on PC want to grind out a few rally races in the near future to unlock the metallic car colors? I've been meaning to do this since 2013 but never got around to it.

I'll do this, I need them too.

Samsquamsch
Jun 6, 2011

Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdooooown!

Odobenidae posted:

I just figured out what the problem was. Even though it says you can drag the files into the box, you need to click the Add File link which opens up a file browser window. Only then can you actually submit the ticket.

It probably didn't help that for whatever reason their website wasn't loading for the past four or so hours.

I was doing exactly that, but it wouldn't work :shrug:

I caved like a weak fool and repurchased my missing Monroe. The car itself plus full mods cost $830k which I hope to see back from R* :(

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I keep getting the glitch where when you go back to Single Player, you are trapped in your GTA Online apartment.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I made the Kuruma part of the Fleeca heist into a minature action movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItlVIKrnYIE

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Is the only way to get the Blista Compact on PC by importing an old online character? If so that's fuuuucked.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Is the only way to get the Blista Compact on PC by importing an old online character? If so that's fuuuucked.

yes

What's more hosed is the inability to manually set the game to only join invite only sessions. It would make load times near instant because the entire reason load times are so horrendous is the game loading in all other players. This method or forcing you into open districts when you exit any sort of lobby is one of the greatest online game design blunders of this decade.

What is additionally hosed up is the game continually throwing me players in matchmaking who cannot speak english much less manage to not die on a normal difficulty mission.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Apr 18, 2015

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Well..gently caress. Would borrowing an old copy and just signing into my RS account on a ps3 count as being a pre-owner? The checks can't be any more complicated than that right?

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Well..gently caress. Would borrowing an old copy and just signing into my RS account on a ps3 count as being a pre-owner? The checks can't be any more complicated than that right?

Make a new PSN or XBL account. Play the story mode intro on the console. Link the console PSN or XBL account to your PC rockstar social account. Enjoy your CRX.

Speaking of which I'd like to find a goon who can do this for me on a throwaway PSN/XBL account considering I don't have any consoles.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Apr 18, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Extra posted:

Make a new PSN or XBL account. Play the story mode intro on the console. Link the console PSN or XBL account to your PC rockstar social account. Enjoy your CRX.

or get someone else with the game to do it for you.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Sire Oblivion posted:

How much does it cost to refill everything when you can have 9999 for each gun? It has to be loving astronomical.

It wasn't bad for me, usually about 3K to fully stock up. Then I bought the homing launcher and shot all those off. In addition to some other pub stomping, my full ammo ended up costing 17K.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
At one point I considered draining all my bullets and seeing how much it would cost to fully restock them. I started with the musket. You can probably imagine how far I got before I gave up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TheDarkFlame posted:

At one point I considered draining all my bullets and seeing how much it would cost to fully restock them. I started with the musket. You can probably imagine how far I got before I gave up.

The musket uses the same ammo as some of the rifles. shooting with the rifles makes the musket ammo go down. I would suggest you give it another shot.

or just empty and re-buy one clip and do the math.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

Powershift posted:

No, you can start from the beginning again.

We need to get 4 hardcore dudes and gently caress all that poo poo up in a day.

I'm a hardcore dude

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Sire Oblivion posted:

How much does it cost to refill everything when you can have 9999 for each gun? It has to be loving astronomical.

could be 100k+ depending on your current ammo supply and how much ammo you can carry.

It's cheaper to fill at ammunation IF you have discounts because of commendations, etc. I lost all my commendations in the transfer so instead of paying $475 for a sticky, it's back up to $600. :(

Also the speed at which you can buy stickies in Ammunation is loving slow compared to the consoles.

ninjahedgehog posted:

I'm down for this as well.

Nintendo Kid posted:

A lap desk with keyboard and a trackball like the Logitech M570 can be real comfortable for couch gaming.

I wonder if I can use my Wacom tablet :v:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Powershift posted:

The musket uses the same ammo as some of the rifles. shooting with the rifles makes the musket ammo go down. I would suggest you give it another shot.

or just empty and re-buy one clip and do the math.

I think it uses shotgun ammo, it's listed under shotguns.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Really? not that I really care, but it will be nice when people stop complaining in races because they accidentally picked that when we're racing Sports class.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
Has anyone ever gotten an invite for a random heist to work, or an invite to a friends game to work? Every single time I've tried it I get "player is no longer in session" or "session full" even when my friend is sitting 3 feet away IRL and I can see he is still in the session alone.

Its as if the only way to play with friends for PC at the moment is through crews

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Are heists supposed to be a multi-part endeavor? I always seem to end up in the final part. Also what are the cars with pink semi-circle around them?

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Apr 18, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Sekenr posted:

Are heists supposed to be a multi-part endeavor? I always seem to end up in the final part

Yes. Each heist has 4-5 setup missions before the actual heist itself. You don't need the same people in the crew the entire time which has its pluses and negatives.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

geeves posted:

Really? not that I really care, but it will be nice when people stop complaining in races because they accidentally picked that when we're racing Sports class.

I just want one to cruise around in really. It was always one of my favourite cars when I played VC. Just going to try and find someone I know with a copy and borrow it.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
Rockstar really needs to get on the ball and make an option for disabling getting booted back to singleplayer when game is full/host disconnected/cannot connect to game/cannot find a public lobby/etc. I'm playing multiplayer, I don't want it to waste time loading singleplayer when I'm not going to play singleplayer. At present, this game is more like GTA: Loading Screen.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Yeah it's pretty infuriating. I don't know who decided to implement the kick back to single player from multiplayer but it's loving stupid as hell. If I wanted to play single player, I'd be in single player already!

There are so many mind boggling design choices in this game

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Sekenr posted:

Also what are the cars with pink semi-circle around them?

Crew members, blue ones are friends, both is a friend in your crew

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It should be noted that pink doesn't mean crew member. Crew color means crew member. It's just that every goon crew picked pink because it stands out.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

If your crew color isn't pink you're not in a drat crew!!!!!!!!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

It should be noted that pink doesn't mean crew member. Crew color means crew member. It's just that every goon crew picked pink because it stands out.

You only see the half-circle for crew members with LLJK as their active crew. If I'm LLJK and you're say WEZL, I won't see it and you won't see mine even thought we're in both crews.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Sire Oblivion posted:

I have refilled over 100k of ammo if memory serves. I've done the 70k range multiple times.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

In Crossing Paths, it seems that in rear end in a top hat racing mode (catchup) the Light Rail spawns for whoever is in first place every loving lap.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

How are goons playing with an talking to each other? I was in a couple Xbox 360 crews but I'm on PC now.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

blue squares posted:

How are goons playing with an talking to each other? I was in a couple Xbox 360 crews but I'm on PC now.

I don't have a mic, but I can listen and type. http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/wyntersummers

I know there are complaints with matchmaking, but I have yet NOT to be in a session with LLJK members. I'm just doing races now and was kicked after some pubbie chose At the Races - GTA and wondered why I unleashed hell like it was Horse Factory.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Anyone have the error where they show as offline in RS social club? My friends are trying to invite me to heists and they never see me as online even though I have a green light next to my name when I press home to bring up the SC menu.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010

blue squares posted:

I had great success using the Camping the Stairs mumble to coordinate/play with goons last night; there's a thread in PGS with all the access information. The CTS mumble has a bunch of channels for GTAV, so jump in one and ask if they have space (if they're doing heists).

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sire Oblivion posted:

Just did the math on this.

pewpew total: $174505

Sniper $72593
rifle $17998
smg $18831
machine $11348
pistol $23747
minigun $14999
shotgun $14999

boom total: $48750

grenade launcher: $5000
Proximity: $5000
sticky: $15000
homing: $3750
teargas: $3750
Grenade: $6250
rocket: $10000

grand total $223255

$73k of that is the sniper rifle, the marksman rifle uses the same ammo and shoots about 144 rounds per minute including reloading, so it would take 69.4 minutes of holding the trigger down to deplete all that sniper rifle ammo.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I'm glad I bought ammo when GTA$ wasn't an issue

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

My guy got imported with no cars or money so ammo is pretty much all I have :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

theCalamity posted:

I'm glad I bought ammo when GTA$ wasn't an issue

$200k isn't a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. I've thrown $100k in ammo at pubbies in a night.

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Anyone have the error where they show as offline in RS social club? My friends are trying to invite me to heists and they never see me as online even though I have a green light next to my name when I press home to bring up the SC menu.
Yes, bring up the social club menu and make sure the Game Settings tab is set to friends because Rockstar are incompetent and have chosen to have a seperate tab for this one single privacy option instead of listing it under the privacy tab with everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

TheDarkFlame posted:

When I did this I didn't write down the price to refill, but I did mark the time: it took about 3 hours of continuously shooting every ammo class I had using the fastest weapon for each ammo type (eg assault shotgun for shotgun ammo, marksman rifle for sniper ammo, etc)

• Locked thread