Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Jonesy posted:

Some dweeb grief-reported me for killing him for no reason, does that actually mean anything to psn? Should I not have reported him back for harassment? :v:

Probably not. Was it a Kick or did he actually tell you he reported you. You should have given him a reason to report him after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jonesy posted:

Some dweeb grief-reported me for killing him for no reason, does that actually mean anything to psn? Should I not have reported him back for harassment? :v:

If you get reported by a whole bunch of people in different sessions in the same few days, it generates bad sports points. If it's just one guy, it barely affects anything.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

I figured as much, dude's just salty he died in the Real Serious Game gta online.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

T1g4h posted:

Doesn't the prison have SAMs? I would have broken off to go light up the guards but I was expecting to get shot out of the sky if I tried.

It does, that's why I said hover outside, not land in. As long as you stay outside the ring road around it you can lock on to the noose guys without getting shot down.

It's a fine line to walk but it makes things go quicker. I tried landing inside the prison but you get a a 15 second warning to leave the prison. I was able to fly in, nearly land, and fly out without getting hit.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

T1g4h posted:

Buy the Armored Kuruma, load everyone up in that, drive straight into the crowd and have everyone open up with Micro SMGs. The Armored Kuruma is amazingly useful.

Sounds like a plan. How do I guarantee that the Kuruma is the car that's available when I start the mission?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

titties posted:

My favorite missions to solo:

A Titan of a Job
Defender
Chopper Tail
Mixed Up With Coke
Rooftop Rumble
Trash Talk

If you have access to a helicopter (particularly a Buzzard or Savage) High Priority Case is a good solo mission too. I've managed to solo the Los Santos Connection, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Also, RE the Prison Job: keep in mind that if the jet can't get a clean shot on the Velum, it will absolutely go after the dude in the Buzzard. And that loving chopper can't evade missiles for poo poo.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 18, 2015

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

To whoever Godisbed might be: don't use GTA5 to test your toaster mic.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Sounds like a plan. How do I guarantee that the Kuruma is the car that's available when I start the mission?

in the prep screen when you're choosing your outfit it will ask you which car you want to start with. it's the bottom option below masks.

ninjahedgehog posted:

If you have access to a helicopter (particularly a Buzzard or Savage) High Priority Case is a good solo mission too. I've managed to solo the Los Santos Connection, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Also, RE the Prison Job: keep in mind that if the jet can't get a clean shot on the Velum, it will absolutely go after the dude in the Buzzard. And that loving chopper can't evade missiles for poo poo.

Our demo guy said this happened to him. it's not hard to keep the jet away from the prison though. the ai behavior is predicable.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Cool, thanks.

New note, any way to quickly sell cars in my garage short of driving them one by one over hours into the modshop? I got a bunch I don't actually want to keep.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Selling your own vehicles shouldn't be subject to the 48 minute cooldown. Go nuts.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

every motorcycle race. i get rammed, i fall off and they keep going. i catch up and ram them, i fall off and they keep going.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Psion posted:

Selling your own vehicles shouldn't be subject to the 48 minute cooldown. Go nuts.

Only if you bought them through the websites. Street cars are 48 minutes even if fully loaded, etc.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Does anyone want to do the heists starting with the Prison Break? We are using Vent for it. Preferably someone who hasn't done them before.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

geeves posted:

Only if you bought them through the websites. Street cars are 48 minutes even if fully loaded, etc.

Yeah, they're all street cars. :(

Once in a while when I fail a heist by getting killed, the camera gets stuck looking at a picture of my face, even when the next try is loaded and--according to the map--I'm fully in control. Is there a fix for that?

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

CJ posted:

Does anyone want to do the heists starting with the Prison Break? We are using Vent for it. Preferably someone who hasn't done them before.

I want to run through Prison Break and possibly Humane Labs tonight starting ~10pm EST on PC. I haven't done them yet (except a few of the prison set ups) so I'm looking forward to going through them. I'm a good pilot though (gold on every flight school mission like it ain't no thang :smug:) so I'd be happy to do the flying.

Related, is anyone else having random driver freezes with a GTX 970? Im not sure why but every 1-4 hours I get a driver stopped responding error and GTA (but not the rest of my computer) gets a black screen. It's super loving frustrating when I'm trying to do heists and I've tried a whole bunch of poo poo and can't seem to solve it. It's super loving irritating when I'm trying to do heists or something, and I only have a problem with GTA 5. :(

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Took me a full gta day but I was finally able to hunt down the Coveted mission marker (seems to be time related?) and play it... but when I was done it refused to let me select it from recently played jobs or place it in a playlist so I can do it whenever. Annoying.

It seemed easier than when I played it last back on 360 though.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Hakarne posted:

I want to run through Prison Break and possibly Humane Labs tonight starting ~10pm EST on PC. I haven't done them yet (except a few of the prison set ups) so I'm looking forward to going through them. I'm a good pilot though (gold on every flight school mission like it ain't no thang :smug:) so I'd be happy to do the flying.

Related, is anyone else having random driver freezes with a GTX 970? Im not sure why but every 1-4 hours I get a driver stopped responding error and GTA (but not the rest of my computer) gets a black screen. It's super loving frustrating when I'm trying to do heists and I've tried a whole bunch of poo poo and can't seem to solve it. It's super loving irritating when I'm trying to do heists or something, and I only have a problem with GTA 5. :(

If we can't find anyone else before then, then sure. We're trying to get them started now though.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Looking for a KREW for the Pacific Standard Job. I can't lead, but I can competently perform in absolutely any role necessary. I'd like to participate in all the setups for the unlocks. Please, for the love of God, free me from this pubbie torment.

IGN: solarNativity

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

titties posted:

My favorite missions to solo:

A Titan of a Job
Defender
Chopper Tail
Mixed Up With Coke
Rooftop Rumble
Trash Talk

With the Kuruma, even the normally near-impossible Death From Above is easy solo. Drive in, waste a bunch of dudes, drive around to the back, kill the target. You can even take the photo without leaving the car, then all you need do is lose the cops.

Solo protip - a lot of missions where you steal a vehicle, a wave of enemy vehicles start spawning as you get in the target vehicle, but they eventually stop. Get straight back out and into the Kuruma, then kill everything arriving until no more enemies appear. Then you can drive the target vehicle without problems. Most of the "steal the car/truck/trailer/RV" missions work like this. Even in The Los Santos Connection, the enemies will eventually stop spawning and you can hack the laptop in peace.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Cheryl is ready to ride on PS4 and my friends list tells me no one is online. Time to listen to some sad country music.

http://rsg.ms/ecd7e98

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 18, 2015

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Hope to see some folks on tonight for some PS4 shenanigans.
Lets kill white dots!
Or race!
Or...?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I just tried out the framerate -> acceleration theory, and it doesn't seem to make much difference 0-100mph using the cars own speedometer. I tried at the 60 i normally run, console graphics at 134fps, and console framerates at 24fps. a fully upgraded schafter was 18-19.5 seconds to 100mph.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Saw a guy using a lag switch in the open world.

Either that or his connection was amazingly bad every time he moved but perfect when shooting.

:psyduck:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Wee Bairns posted:

Lets kill white dots!
Or race!
Or...?

I think you're gonna have a hard time killing the entire white race.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Powershift posted:

Our demo guy said this happened to him. it's not hard to keep the jet away from the prison though. the ai behavior is predicable.

Was his name wrathcough? Yeah, that was me. I keep forgetting that my SA name and Social Club name aren't the same anymore.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Once in a while when I fail a heist by getting killed, the camera gets stuck looking at a picture of my face, even when the next try is loaded and--according to the map--I'm fully in control. Is there a fix for that?

This happens to me too and it's super annoying, but I found a fix. If you're fullscreen, alt-tabbing and then going back in should fix it, but if you're windowed/borderless windowed, switch it to something else.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Which super car is the best at manoeuvring at high speeds without spinning out, flipping etc.?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CJ posted:

Which super car is the best at manoeuvring at high speeds without spinning out, flipping etc.?

Panto.

Fully upgraded, the zentorno is the fastest. they all spin out if you're not careful, or trying to drive with a keyboard.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

CJ posted:

Zentorno

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

CJ posted:

They're all pretty similar. My choice is the Entity or Turismo depending on the race. The Turismo can both launch other cars into the air and be easily knocked around. Zentorno may be best all around, I just hate looking at it.

Wee Bairns posted:

Lets kill white dots!
Or race!
Or...?

I need a new PS4 controller. My is pretty shot to hell.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

ninjahedgehog posted:

This owns, make more of these.

Thanks, I will :3: I had someone give the video a rather scathing criticism which kind of took the wind out of my sails but poo poo, I'm not out to be the next great GTA5 action movie director, I want to show people cool poo poo to do with friends. Glad you enjoyed it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Is there a way to turn on snap targeting/"auto aim" or whatever we call it now for controllers online? I kinda prefer that style of play to KB+M, but not if aiming is therefore rendered impossible.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Is there a way to turn on snap targeting/"auto aim" or whatever we call it now for controllers online? I kinda prefer that style of play to KB+M, but not if aiming is therefore rendered impossible.

Yes, there are 3 settings, full auto aim, semi-assisted, and free aim. You'll get grouped with other people using the same aim format as you. If you join an activity hosted by someone with a different setting, it will warn you that it's switching you. Everybody in a deathmatch has the same setting as you do, despite their claims that you're using auto-aim and they're not.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

geeves posted:

They're all pretty similar. My choice is the Entity or Turismo depending on the race. The Turismo can both launch other cars into the air and be easily knocked around. Zentorno may be best all around, I just hate looking at it.

I need a new PS4 controller. My is pretty shot to hell.

Boo. Traitor! You could bought a new one with the money you wasted on the PC version!
J/K, of course, looking forward to some of the footage you'll get.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Powershift posted:

Yes, there are 3 settings, full auto aim, semi-assisted, and free aim. You'll get grouped with other people using the same aim format as you. If you join an activity hosted by someone with a different setting, it will warn you that it's switching you. Everybody in a deathmatch has the same setting as you do, despite their claims that you're using auto-aim and they're not.

I see that option now, and I see why I missed it: it's grayed out even in free roam. What do :(

(edit) Oh I see, I gotta do it from offline. Is this gonna make my matchmaking pool really small? Also what's the difference between partial and full assist?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The last 2 jobs I did were in first person mode, how do I stop first person mode?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

I see that option now, and I see why I missed it: it's grayed out even in free roam. What do :(

(edit) Oh I see, I gotta do it from offline. Is this gonna make my matchmaking pool really small? Also what's the difference between partial and full assist?

partial gets you in the ballpark. full puts you dead on target. it doesn't reduce the pool because you still get invited to stuff in other aiming modes, it just tells you that it's going to switch you before you enter.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

The last 2 jobs I did were in first person mode, how do I stop first person mode?

Hit V on the keyboard or press Select/Back on a DualShock or Xbox controller. Though the jobs may have been locked to first person viewpoint which is something the host can do.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Slim Killington posted:

Hell yes it was

I've never used Mumble before. How do you actually find this server? There's no search function.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Okay, someone give these a try and let me know what you think:

Cheryl Tunt Chokepoint XL
and
Hadron Supercollider

The second race I would like feedback on, it's an experiment with a type of race I have never seen done before but I may have just missed it. It needs 6 or 8 people to work well.

• Locked thread