Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Matthew Beet posted:

Yesterday we got some good info. We didnt' get a lynch!

There would be two scum, three is too many, one is too few. They hold between a fifth and a quarter of the vote on day one. Today they hold a quarter of it.

So yesterday we had people splitting votes, one not voting and we didn't get a lynch. So what does that tell everyone? I'd argue that town are more interested in getting a lynch (suicides don't count mith) and so the fact we didn't get a lynch could suggest that the scum weren't on the main vote because they didn't like the target. So if Mith is scum, she's my prime candidate, the other scum is one of the split or non-voters. Too few players in this game to bus your team mate.

Only one way to test my theory!

correction in bold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
This whole thing stinks a bit in my opinion. If mith is scum hooray and all that town doing great guns woo, but otherwise it's scum leading a charge.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Taking Beet's hypothesis, let us look at some of the non/split voters.

Gaspy voted Beet fairly early in the piece but didn't provide any reasoning that I could discern, albeit hanging around to discuss character/town alignment.

Gwyn's vote on Beet appeared based on a read that Mith wasn't scum but Gwyn didn't really provide reasoning why Beet would be scum.

Both of these read a bit scummy to me now.

If we're looking at split voters I was one of them and will further account for my actions if you want.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Asphyxious posted:

This whole thing stinks a bit in my opinion. If mith is scum hooray and all that town doing great guns woo, but otherwise it's scum leading a charge.

If you have ideas on how to identify this without a flip I am listening.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

So she's either scum or I'm other scum.

That's terrible logic and you know it and you know that I know you know it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Taking Beet's hypothesis, let us look at some of the non/split voters.

Gaspy voted Beet fairly early in the piece but didn't provide any reasoning that I could discern, albeit hanging around to discuss character/town alignment.

Gwyn's vote on Beet appeared based on a read that Mith wasn't scum but Gwyn didn't really provide reasoning why Beet would be scum.

Both of these read a bit scummy to me now.

If we're looking at split voters I was one of them and will further account for my actions if you want.

Can't test that till miths flip. I'm either wrong or I'm right.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
If we're going to take the Mith flip as a foregone conclusion at this point, do we want to look at who voted against a lynch yesterday? Obviously Mith is one, but we also have TOML (no show), Gwyn and Gaspy (beet) and Birdstrike (TOML alongside Mith).

Obviously this is subject to what Mith ends up flipping as and if she's town it doesn't mean any of these folks are good but at the current time I'd put Gaspy / Gwyn at the top followed by TOML and then Birdstrike.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
As for Mith's posting before the hammer drama unfolded, I find a lot of it to be waffly, which might be either a sign of wanting to participate but not being sure of reads, or of trying to fit in with the town reads but not wanting to stake a claim as a scum. I only saw like half of those posts yesterday so I didn't pick up on it.*
It doesn't give me anything to go on really so my Mith read is on the hammer drama.

As for TOML yesterday, :shrug:

*e.g. I didn't even notice anyone's Gaspy/Gwyn code until this morning.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
This was unironically my best town game :ghost:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

So she's either scum or I'm other scum.

That's terrible logic and you know it and you know that I know you know it.

Oh wait yeah haha. Yeah somehow I don't think you'd bus in s tiiiiny game like this. Whoops. Nor do I think you'd push super hard on mith if she was town and you were scum as you know how that'd look.

Eh. I'm vanilla town. Let's do this.

##vote Mithranderp

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

it's so hard to find the scum,
when usually smart people are dumb,
i'd vote them all if bif would let me
this last sentence doesn't rhyme.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

:saddowns:

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Claiming they were going vote for themselves is a scummy move, but it's not a scummy Mith move. We need to consider what is scummy within that person not merely what is generically scummy. I'm not getting bad vibes from Mith, but I'm open to being convinced.

TOML, a word in edgewise.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gwynplaine posted:

Claiming they were going vote for themselves is a scummy move, but it's not a scummy Mith move. We need to consider what is scummy within that person not merely what is generically scummy. I'm not getting bad vibes from Mith, but I'm open to being convinced.

TOML, a word in edgewise.

Yo sho bout that? Normally miths got a bit of effort behind her, this time when she got rounded upon all she pointed at was you not voting yet, which I think is a bit specious.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Okay, well I tried to get things going on Zetsubou-san, but no one was interested.

##vote Mithranderp

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh god! Mithranderp is hammered!

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Only so much someone has to work with day one. Mith's intelligent and knows it. They may have just tried to defer to me because they reasoned they were more useful to the town than me. Hardly a rare thought.

You have given me cause to review yesterdays post, though. I may have missed something.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan: "Who is this mysterious old man? Zeppeli's mentor from Tibet? A likely story! He won't even shake my hand!"

Tonpetty: "Where I come from, shaking hands is not a custom."

Jonathan: "AHA! Don't want to shake my Ripple hand cause it's not your custom? Or cause you're a ZOMBIE!"

"OVERDRIIIIIVEEEEEE!"

...Well, turns out he was in fact a Ripple master and could've been handy backup against Dio, but looks like he'll be sitting this fight out!

Tonpetty has been beat the hell up and removed from the game!

(RIP Mithranderp, Vanilla Town)

It is now Night 2, send in night actions if you got em!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Mithranderp (5): Matthew Beet, Zetsubou-san, Birdstrike, Asphyxious, Those On My Left
Zetsubou-san (0): Those On My Left, Those On My Left

Not Voting (3): Gwynplaine, Mithranderp, Seagull

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 19th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 hours, 30 minutes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Not long ago, just after the fire at the Joestar mansion...

Jonathan: "Erina! My dear childhood friend! Is that really you? You've been treating me this whole time?"

Erina: "Yes... it really is nice to see you again, JoJo..."

Erina: "Oh dear! I must have fainted! How long was I out, I had the most frightening dream..."

Erina: "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

Unfortunately, Erina does not posess rapid protagonist regeneration powers, or any Ripple abilities, so this role reversal will take more than a few days for her to recover from.

Erina has been hospitalized from Dio's latest zombie attack! She can no longer participate in the game!

(RIP Zetsubou-san, Town Doctor)

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (6): Asphyxious, Birdstrike, Gwynplaine, Matthew Beet, Seagull, Those On My Left

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 20th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 12 hours, 3 minutes.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Interesting choice by scum.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

##vote Matthew Beet

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Beet's played the whole "oh I would never do that" card before and it was bollocks then too. Also in this game everyone's been playing more chill, more relaxed, less Auspol aggressive, other than Beet.

"Oh!" But he cries, "Sure! Attack the only one who is scum hunting!"

Bollocks. All you did was lead a charge on Mith that looked like solid nonsense from the get go and lash out at anyone who challenged it. Loud posting doesn't equal good posting.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

##vote Asphyxious

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

##vote Matthew Beet

Oh as if. I was reading back the end of yesterday because I missed hammer and I didn't like your dumb response, my call out and your quick vote flip then and I still don't now. As if I would go hard and be scum as said by a number of posters.

Two people have been posting rarely in this game, two normally quite prolific posters have been very absent and these two people I've successfully picked as scum in their last two scum games. I wonder what reason they would have to be posting so little, bcause they know I'd be onto them. Yet here I am posting like I normally do as town. You and TOML, nearly got through didn't you! Also with your little buddy buddy conversation with Gwyn so he wouldn't be suss on you.

##vote asphyxious

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also I'm doing this to test my theory:

I am STRAIZO

I've already role claimed Vanilla town, but I'm NOT encouraging others to role claim, just character claim.

I don't think there's enough characters in this section of jojo for scum to hide behind without screwing up somewhere.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Oh as if. I was reading back the end of yesterday because I missed hammer and I didn't like your dumb response, my call out and your quick vote flip then and I still don't now. As if I would go hard and be scum as said by a number of posters.

Two people have been posting rarely in this game, two normally quite prolific posters have been very absent and these two people I've successfully picked as scum in their last two scum games. I wonder what reason they would have to be posting so little, bcause they know I'd be onto them. Yet here I am posting like I normally do as town. You and TOML, nearly got through didn't you! Also with your little buddy buddy conversation with Gwyn so he wouldn't be suss on you.

##vote asphyxious

Haha I've got you. Nice.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Also I'm doing this to test my theory:

I am STRAIZO

I've already role claimed Vanilla town, but I'm NOT encouraging others to role claim, just character claim.

I don't think there's enough characters in this section of jojo for scum to hide behind without screwing up somewhere.

Oh look, mr I don't want to roleclaim trying to get in before I call him out. Noice.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Haha I've got you. Nice.

I don't care either way, I hang today, you hang tomorrow. You hang today, I'm vindicated.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Everyone else have a look and see who's actively scum hunting and who isn't.

Toml's lazy arse *votes zet* "oh drat no one followed me :shrug: *hammers mith*

gaspy has done........ what exactly?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm not 100% sold on toml but I am on gaspy.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

You're floundering. Which you literally never do as town because you don't care if your neck's on the block.

It's now a question of whether people will listen to a loud poster or a right poster.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
What's a straizo?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Toml's lazy arse *votes zet* "oh drat no one followed me :shrug: *hammers mith*
Yeah, that's basically it. I'm taking a leaf out of bell jar's book and playing this game in a less obsessively engaged fashion, and so far am having more fun as a result.

I made my argument for Zet. It turned out to be the wrong argument, which was a shame, but no one really discussed it with me.

Beet, you are effectively setting the narrative this game. If it were anyone else I'd be super suss on you, but this is just pretty much in line with how you usually play. Also, leading that train on Mith with such gusto would be a pretty bold play if you were scum, and I'm not sure scum would've felt that it was really necessary, as they were already one day ahead of the game (because we failed to lynch on D1).

As such, Gaspy hanging you out to dry today just feels a little forced.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

You're floundering. Which you literally never do as town because you don't care if your neck's on the block.

It's now a question of whether people will listen to a loud poster or a right poster.

You normally don't play the person gaspy you play the evidence, and comma's and punctuation and form.

Interesting

I'm not the one floundering. I'm not the one who has changed there playstyle on day 1 and 2 and come out of the gate strong on day 3.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

What's a straizo?

afaik

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Scum are Beet and TOML. I've won.

Later everyone.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Yeah, that's basically it. I'm taking a leaf out of bell jar's book and playing this game in a less obsessively engaged fashion, and so far am having more fun as a result.

I made my argument for Zet. It turned out to be the wrong argument, which was a shame, but no one really discussed it with me.

Beet, you are effectively setting the narrative this game. If it were anyone else I'd be super suss on you, but this is just pretty much in line with how you usually play. Also, leading that train on Mith with such gusto would be a pretty bold play if you were scum, and I'm not sure scum would've felt that it was really necessary, as they were already one day ahead of the game (because we failed to lynch on D1).

As such, Gaspy hanging you out to dry today just feels a little forced.

Exactly.

Yeah I thought I'd come in and change playstyle this game but then remembered it got me lynched early last game and I end up defaulting to type. Not sold on you because you are playing differently but no where near as off as gaspy is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Scum are Beet and TOML. I've won.

Later everyone.

Yep, scum come out strong on the same target.

Matthew Beet posted:

• Locked thread