Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The Too Long Didn’t Read:
-Make recipes, earn points, buy powers
-Recipes can be anything in the edible world. From savory to sweet to beverages and all in between!

Welcome to Cookfia… 2, the mafia game where you get to eat the dead! The only flavor in this game, is what you will provide. It is a 15-man CYOF (Choose your own Flavor) game except in this you will choose a dish, of any sort. This becomes your flavor and role. Everyone in the game is otherwise vanilla. There are no given power roles. They must be purchased from the Government Store in the forms of ‘spices’. The game in its later days will end up being quite power heavy who knows which way the balance will swing. New players play with discretion.

There is a new mechanic that returning players have not yet encountered. The cookfia world has become a communist state! This means that when anyone cooks a dish EVERYONE gets the same amount of points. This is in hopes that our top chefs manage to survive rather than becoming easy targets. So when town cooks, scum gets points and vice versa. This may result in recipes all falling down to an equivalent price. I have to crunch the numbers once we get everything in place.

There's a cooking mechanic in the game (see the second post for more explanation). Whenever there is a nightkill, execution, vig shot, or pretty much any sort of death, the option to cook said player comes up. By this I mean you will get off your computer, go into your kitchen, and cook some food. By proving you have done you'll of gained a set amount of points. We've always had a fun spectator thread in this game. If you don't want to play or if you've been killed you can still cook the dishes and then donate your points to the whichever player you find most worthwhile. Impact the game in wild and probably irresponsible ways!

PLEASE read all the rules to make sure you're able to actually play this game or want to.
If you don't want to bother just know this:

You need some sort of digital camera and way to put pictures online if you so choose to cook, that said you DON’T have to cook to play this game; don't be a dick; and the mod has the final word on any recipe choice.

For whatever questions I can be reached either through PM or email at foxjer13@gmail.com.

Usual mafia rules
    -Don't quote mod communication. You may paraphrase your role/flavor.
    -Don't your edit posts (ninja edits are fine, don't get caught over the time limit)
    -Don't speak out of thread with other players unless your role allows it.
    -Don't fake day actions
    -Post all the time, every time. If you don't have as much posts as mod + votefinder at the end of D1, you will be replaced, modkills happen after D2.
    -Have fun
    -Breaking rules results in a warning and/or modkill.

Other stuff:
    -Town wins when all threats to the town are eliminated.
    -Scum win when they are equal to or greater than non-scum aligned i.e. they control the lynch.
    -Third party win according their conditions, if they exist
    -Lynches are majority. If a majority isn't reached by deadline than a no-lynch will occur.
    -Days will be 48 hours, except the first day which will be 72 hours
    -Days may be extended if there is a weekend
    -Nights will be 24 hours, or open sooner if all actions are submitted
    -Thread will remain open during the night. However, conversation can only be food talk and any conversation about the game will be warned and then result in a modkill.
    -When you sign up, let us know if you are using email, and provide a way we can contact you.
    -I don't live in the same time zone as the majority of you, so in the interest of me getting some sleep deadlines will change from 2 am EST and 10 pm ES, depending if I work or not.

Example flip: 100yrsofattitude, Stuffed Peppers, VANILLA TOWN, was killed Night 1!

Since I was chose to make Stuffed Peppers if anyone were to cook that dish and show photographic evidence as so:

Then they'd get a the points the recipe is worth.

With enough points you can buy powers. Powers won’t win you the game though so don’t feel forced to cook.

Players:
  1. Alasdair Crawfish
  2. AnonymousNarcotics
  3. big scary monsters
  4. CapitalistPig
  5. CCKeane
  6. Chic Trombone
  7. Ernie.
  8. EXAKT Science
  9. Grandicap
  10. Harold Krell
  11. Look Under The Rock
  12. Propaganda MachineEccoRaven[/url]
    [s]
  13. Puntification
  14. wall monitor

Daylist:

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

How to choose a Recipe:

-Recipes should not be overly expensive to make, they can be however overly complicated if you feel so inclined. There's no reason why anyone should have to try to find fresh lobster, foie gras, shark fins, or a rare tropical fruit that for whatever reason your green grocer but no one else carries. We want people to want to try to cook these plates so try to make it economically possible to do so. A good tip: Rather than going with the ludicrous choose something you yourself would cook for a guest.

-There will be NO duplicate recipes. So, if you wanted to show us your stuffed peppers. It is ok to choose things that are similar but different such as a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich versus a breakfast dish made up of toast, fried eggs, and bacon, despite it being essentially a deconstructed sandwich. I've added the previous Cookfia recipe list two posts below. It'd be unfair of me to prevent from choosing recipes off the list so it's fine if someone decides to go again with chili, but I'd like if things were different nonetheless.

-You are allowed to choose an unappealing dish if you feel so inclined but I don't recommend it. Chances are people won't cook what you want them to and what we want is for people to cook. I'm personally going to try to cook every dish but I'm not going to oblige myself to do so.

-For those with any dietary restrictions feel free to substitute ingredients if you need. For example, if you're a vegetarian but you want to still make stuffed peppers, feel free to substitute the meat with whatever equivalent you want or just take it out altogether as long as the integrity of plate is still there (for example the conceit of the bacon, egg, and cheese is that it remains a sandwich.) Also don't deride anyone for their diet choices. You will be warned once and then mod-killed. That's it.

-Don't cheat. I don't know why you'd want to but actually cook these plates instead of finding pictures online or buying a pre-made meal.

-There will be NO duplicate recipes. This is unfortunately up to my discretion. Take the stuffed peppers. I would say that stuffed tomatoes is sufficiently different enough to be it’s own recipe however, if someone else chooses to stuff peppers with a wholly different stuffing then I’d say it still falls into the stuffed peppers category. I’m sure we’ll get enough variety that this won’t be an issue.

-You are allowed to choose an unappealing recipe if you feel so inclined but I don't recommend it. Chances are people won't make what you want them to and what we want is for people to mix drinks.

-Creativity is rewarded and it’s always just as fun to see how people put their own spin on different recipes. I’m making a general stuffing of ground beef and rice but if someone went with a ricotta/spinach stuffing that’d be great.

How to Present the Recipe:
-Recipes should both have an ingredient list and then a preparation guide. A small introduction is a nice touch but unnecessary.

Example: 100yr’s Stuffed Peppers

I was going to go with a Pancetta and Broccoli pasta but I forgot to take pictures so stuffed peppers it is! This a slightly time consuming dish, for what it is, but it is very attractive and I find it can easily impress guests.

You will need:
-As many bell peppers as you want to stuff. In my case 3. I like buying different colored ones and I find that orange, yellow, and red are the tastiest in that order. Go green if you have to.
-aprox. 1 lb of ground beef
-1 nice yellow onion
- Either 1 can of tomatoes or in my case some tomato puree and 3 actual tomatoes.
-Half a cup of rice cooked (use long grain thai but I’m sure any variety works)

Those are the essentials I also will be adding the following:
- Several spring onions
-A garlic clove
-salt
-pepper
-cumin
-paprika
-chili powder
-Worcester Sauce
-and a bit of goya adobo.

Nothing besides maybe salt is actually necessary. Also when it comes to spices I tend to just eyeball it. Sorry!

Now the actual process seems a bit time consuming but it’s not bad. First thing let’s get your rice going. I have a rice cooker but you’re otherwise going to add 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice. I add just a touch of oil to my rice before adding in the water and I mix a bit of salt in there afterwards. If you’re making it in a pot, bring the water to boil with the pot uncovered. Then lower the heat to low and cover it. Check on it in about 15 minutes. There should be no more water and the rice should have holes showing where it boiled out. You can do other stuff while the rice cooks is my point.

Cut the tops off your peppers and de-seed them like so:

You can keep the tops to cover your pepper with or use those pepper bits in the stuffing. You’re gonna put these peppers into boiling salt water for about 5 minutes and then set them aside to drain.

In the time meantime finely chop your onion and cube the tomatoes. I’m also going to be cutting the green onion and garlic finely.

Then I’m going to start going my onions (excluding the green sprigs) and garlic in some olive oil on a medium heat. Make sure the oil is hot before throwing them in. I’m going to season them with cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, and the chili powder. I put away all the spices afterwards except for the salt and pepper.

I’ll add the ground beef at this point, dropping down the heat, and season it with the Worcester sauce and a touch of adobo/salt & pepper. After a few minutes I added 2 spoons of puree and any bell peppers if I chopped the tops. Cook it thoroughly and until the veggies are tender. Once your rice is ready throw it all together and toss in the tomatoes. I add a bit more salt to counter the tomatoes water but that’s up to personal style. You then add the stuffing to overflowing on the peppers and I try to close them tight with the tops. Alternatively you can use the tops in the stuffing itself as you like.

Put them in an oven on a dish for about 45 minutes though it can be as soon as 30 as late 60 at 350 farenheit. Eat!

Extra stuffing is good to eat on it’s own or with scrambled eggs the following morning!

-You don’t have to take a many pictures. One that shows the final dish will be sufficient.

-In thread declare your dish when signing up. Feel free to post your recipe at that time but it is crucial you PM or email it to me so I can post it if you die.

Cooking Rules:

-You will need a smartphone, a digital camera, or a webcam to successfully take a picture of your food and post it. You only need to post a picture of the finished product but if you want to show us the process feel free.

-Players will have approximately 72 hours to cook any dead. This may NOT necessarily overlap with actual deadlines. I will keep track of this time on my own. Any powers gained from cooking will apply to the upcoming night. If you happen to cook during a night phase your powers will not work until the next night.

I know this seems like a lot but essentially just be a normal person about this, cook some food, and have fun!

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 19, 2015

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The Government Store

The Government Store is where you buy spices. There are a total of 14 spices. Their price reflects their power. However you don’t know what you’re purchasing until you’ve bought it. There are a finite amount of garnishes. The players can pool their points together to restock the store for 100 points if they so desire.

To purchase a spice either email me or PM me (preferably) and I will give it to you. You do not have to declare it in thread. Spices are a one time use only. However, you can use them on any night you like once you own it. You cannot use more than one spice per night. Detailed instructions will be given for each purchased spice if there are any questions.

Total possible amount of points earned so far (for one player): 300

Name- Cost.........Total amount left
Mint- 150..........................1
Pepper- 100......................2
Cilantro- 70.......................2
Saffron- 60........................3
Cumin- 60.........................3
Cinnamon - 50...................3
Brown Sugar- 50...............3
Molasses- 50....................3
Paprika- 40.......................5
Bay Leaves- 30.................5
All Spice- 30.....................5
Thyme- 30.........................5
Parsley-20.........................8
Unlabeled Spice- 10 .........10

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 11, 2015

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Cookfia 1 recipe list

Unlocked Recipe List:

Falafel Waffles
Baked Pear witih Roquefort
Soft Pretzels
Chocolate Macaroons
Gyoza
Tofurkey Grilled Cheese
Vegetarian Casserole
Potato Salad

Locked Recipe List:

Stuffed Peppers
Broccoli and Pancetta Linguine
Sautéed Rabbit and Cumberland Sauce
Esquites
Pad Thai
Bomb-rear end Ramen
Wall Monitor's: Triscuit Nachos

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 10, 2015

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Confirming my prereg - I'm here to cook food and find scum, and my fridge is looking sorta empty.

I'm not going to be near a computer much in the next day or so so hopefully this thing doesn't start immediately.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Are there still spots open? I'd love to play!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i want to be a secret role that exists outside the game. the cook goblin. i give people the bad recipe but they dont know its bad

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Oh yeah I didn't declare a recipe. I'm going to make a vegetarian casserole, need to cook it myself first so I can take pictures and then I'll post a recipe. It doesn't have meat but it does have eggs and dairy.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Confirming my presign! Does baking count? I have a kickass cookie recipe

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Confirming! I'm not terribly good at either cooking or mafia but I'm trying hard to learn both!

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Oh also my recipe is going to be Triscuit Nachos. I'm going to go make it tonight and get pictures ready. Do we go ahead and post as soon as we can, or are we waiting for the game to start first?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

big scary monsters posted:

Confirming my prereg - I'm here to cook food and find scum, and my fridge is looking sorta empty.

I'm not going to be near a computer much in the next day or so so hopefully this thing doesn't start immediately.

No it won't be starting immediately don't worry.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Confirming my presign! Does baking count? I have a kickass cookie recipe

Absolutely! This would be great. I've finally started baking and managed to make some good oatmeal and then chocolate chip cookies, but I'd love to branch out. I'm tackling cheese cake next in a couple of weeks.

wall monitor posted:

Oh also my recipe is going to be Triscuit Nachos. I'm going to go make it tonight and get pictures ready. Do we go ahead and post as soon as we can, or are we waiting for the game to start first?

You can feel free to post ahead of time. By the end of D1 I will require all the recipes to be handed in at least to me personally if not displayed in-thread. The only thing is that a recipe cooked ahead of time won't get any points until that player has died.

Look Under The Rock posted:

Are there still spots open? I'd love to play!

Of course. Happy to have you.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

GulagDolls posted:

i want to be a secret role that exists outside the game. the cook goblin. i give people the bad recipe but they dont know its bad

This is somewhat possible? If you want to be a spectator I can send you a link when the game starts. If there's ever a point where we have too few recipes to cook, which can easily happen on D1, I tend to turn to spectators first for recipes. So yeah. It could happen.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Absolutely! This would be great. I've finally started baking and managed to make some good oatmeal and then chocolate chip cookies, but I'd love to branch out. I'm tackling cheese cake next in a couple of weeks.

Yay! Can I claim my role as COOKIES or does it have to be more specific? My recipe doesn't have a name maybe you goons can name it for me.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
I would like to play.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hooray!!!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Harold Krell posted:

I would like to play.

You're in.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Yay! Can I claim my role as COOKIES or does it have to be more specific? My recipe doesn't have a name maybe you goons can name it for me.

Nope cookies will do, as long as no one else has a cookie recipe to share in that case we have to be more specific.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

In with falafel waffles!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

In with falafel waffles!

I will approve of this but it better be actually waffles, here.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I will borrow a friend's waffle maker special for it!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Excellent.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I don't have a waffle maker, will I still be able to make falafel waffles?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Buy premade waffles stick them in toaster rotating 90 degrees every 30 seconds

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I don't have a toaster, I'm just going to cut squares into some bread and put it under the grill.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
confirming presign

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I got a new phone this evening, these are the first photos I've taken with it. I apologize if I'm not using timg tags properly and they come out stupid big or anything like that.

Wall Monitor's Triscuit Nachos

I like nachos! But what I don't like is how irregularly spaced the ingredients are. You'll get nachos in the center with the perfect amount of stuff on them, but then all the nachos underneath or on the side of the plate are bare and at that point you're basically just eating plain tortilla chips. It sucks!

So I hit on the idea of just using triscuits instead of tortilla chips. Triscuits have lots of uses, they're the tortured metaphor of the bachelor culinary world. I keep a box on hand just in case I have to use up any leftover ingredients.

INGREDIENTS:

* Triscuits
* Shredded cheese
* Ground beef
* Jalapenos
* Black olives

Prepare ingredients. Brown ground beef and break it up into chunks, slice olives in half (or just use pre-sliced), slice jalapenos thin. I browned much more ground beef than I'm going to be using here because I needed some on hand for non-cookfia stuff.

:eng101: Remember to handle jalapenos with care, and wash your hands vigorously no matter how much or how little you've been handling them. That stuff /stings/. It's bad enough if you leave it on your hands, and your hands are some of the least sensitive areas of the body.

Arrange triscuits on a plate in a grid pattern. Put on as many as will fit while still lying flat-ish. The idea is to not have any gaps where cheese would fall through.

Add cheese. Don't be stingy.

Microwave 15 seconds, wait a few seconds, heat another 15 seconds. If there's still unmelted cheese then put it back in for just 5 seconds. You want the cheese to melt without starting to bubble, if you've got little bubble craters in your melted cheese then you've overshot a bit.

Arrange ingredients. Get a bit of everything on each square. Take that, standard nachos!

Good stuff! Of course you can throw whatever you want on there, not everyone is a fan of olives or jalapenos I guess. Me, I don't like sour cream, but if you do then maybe you could spread it thin on top of the cheese layer and the pile stuff on that? I dunno!

Also I used unseasoned ground beef, if someone has suggestions on what should be added there then I'm all ears.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Confirming my interest, I do not have a recipe decided yet, but it will be delicious whatever it is.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I will join this, I already have a few things in mind for my recipe

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
FINALLY!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'll take that as an I'm in? With exakt we have 14. 1 more person would be ideal though I'm still waiting on the pre-signs to join back up. At the latest we'll get rolling on Tuesday i hope.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Do we claim our recipes right away? I've got some killer ideas.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Look Under The Rock posted:

Do we claim our recipes right away? I've got some killer ideas.

You sure can. They don't have to be made public but I'll need to get them at one point or another.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
confirming my presign, I'm gonna think about my dish for a bit though if that's ok?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Puntification posted:

confirming my presign, I'm gonna think about my dish for a bit though if that's ok?

Sure, but I will need it before the game gets seriously underway because it's important to how I end up pricing everything.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think my dish is going to be pretzels.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yay! Im super excites!!!!

I think Ill make myself something fancy this time.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ok so I've PM'd Propaganda Machine and have yet to get a response. 13 would be a great number to go with but if we have to make due with 12 we'll make due with 12.

I'll start the game proper before going to bed around 6 pm eastern. Feel free to ask me any questions before or after.

The first day will be 72 hours. You have 48 hours to get me a recipe so I can start pricing things properly. Don't worry about photos when giving me the recipe, they're more important for when you actually make the dish.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
hmmm i was going to submit an ironically gross goony recipe as a joke but wall monitor beat me to it. so i'll probably be doing baked pear with roquefort

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Confirming receipt of my role PM. Do you just want the ingredients for the recipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Confirming.

My recipe is called "Roast Head of Alasdair"

• Locked thread