Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Thats how it worked on PC as of last night, at least.

Also my application post disappeared? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So what's the fastest way to gain RP? I wasn't able to get in on the RP crazy early in the PS3 launch and I'm wondering how people have 200+ RP.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

geeves posted:

Selling a car, the money goes directly into your bank.

Finishing a heist setup mission now needs to be banked.

Jesus Christ.

As far as I'm aware, literally the only difference is that you can't use your banked money to bet on races, pay hookers, or make it rain at the strip club. I remember that before GTAO was released there was talk of losing all of your cash on hand when you died, but thankfully they didn't go through with that.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

BitBasher posted:

On PC or something? It didn't work that way on PS4 this morning.

Sorry, yes. On PC

ninjahedgehog posted:

As far as I'm aware, literally the only difference is that you can't use your banked money to bet on races, pay hookers, or make it rain at the strip club. I remember that before GTAO was released there was talk of losing all of your cash on hand when you died, but thankfully they didn't go through with that.

You are correct. Having cash on hand is just a pain.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

geeves posted:

Selling a car, the money goes directly into your bank.

Finishing a heist setup mission now needs to be banked.

Jesus Christ.

Since when?! On PS4 it was the other way around. What a pain.

Edit: I just saw this was on PC. Still, what a pain. I haven't been on much lately but I plan on making my triumphant return next week maybe. I hope there are still some PS4 goons left. I may have to apply to a Reddit crew if no one is around. :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

First run-in with a hacker on PC. looks like it's all over, guys.

he left before the countdown finished, and glitched around the track 5 times faster than everybody else. I would imagine if these tools are out there, cunts are gonna be using them to be a little less obvious, making themselves 5 or 10% faster than everybody else.

I don't get the point of cheating like that. Why not just change your money to a billion dollars. why bother "racing" at all?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I think I may have the best crimesona. Hint: not the guy on the right.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Powershift posted:

Aaaaaaah welcome to the other main reason I am staying on PS4.

There was no doubt in my mind this would happen in short order.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Powershift posted:

Don't tell us, just report him so he gets thrown in the poo poo lobbies.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

BitBasher posted:

Aaaaaaah welcome to the other main reason I am staying on PS4.

There was no doubt in my mind this would happen in short order.

:lol: if you think people dont do the same on consoles.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Powershift posted:

he left before the countdown finished, and glitched around the track 5 times faster than everybody else. I would imagine if these tools are out there, cunts are gonna be using them to be a little less obvious, making themselves 5 or 10% faster than everybody else.

I don't get the point of cheating like that. Why not just change your money to a billion dollars. why bother "racing" at all?

Send it to rockstar. Hate to say that. Soon enough they'll be thrown into the cheaters pool or banned completely. If they bought through steam they'd be hosed when caught since there is a permanent link between accounts.

I think another goon and I ran into a god mode one earlier today. I unloaded a bunch of carbine rounds then 10 shot gun blasts including several headshots when I got close enough. They then took off and vanished.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Sylink posted:

On current gen it's very rare. 360 & PS3 however.....

Oops double post.

Keep an eye on this: people are already modding hex values.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/forums/grand-theft-auto-v-modding.428/

geeves fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 19, 2015

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Man the last heist sucks.

They are all pretty bad for how long it took them to release. Consider the first Fleeca setup, its literally pointless. Its 3 separate point to point driving segments with no purpose. The first one you drive to bank so Lester can show you and iPad with a remote hack...could have done that anywhere. Then you drive back, so you can drive back to his apartment so you can drive back to yours.

Sure thats not completely loving stupid.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Sylink posted:

They are all pretty bad for how long it took them to release. Consider the first Fleeca setup, its literally pointless. Its 3 separate point to point driving segments with no purpose. The first one you drive to bank so Lester can show you and iPad with a remote hack...could have done that anywhere. Then you drive back, so you can drive back to his apartment so you can drive back to yours.

Sure thats not completely loving stupid.

I still failed that mission because the game locked up when I got back to my driveway

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Sylink posted:

They do on the older gen cracked 360 and ps3 consoles, but I have never experienced an instance of cheating at all on ps4.

The worst we get is game bug exploiting which is far preferable and pretty minor.

PC is hosed.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

DarthBlingBling posted:

I still failed that mission because the game locked up when I got back to my driveway

Heh the game locked up for me too, but when I restarted I had completed the mission.

What bugs me is the writing. I did the stealth Humane labs emp placement, and the coordinator NPC always goes, "it's a regulation Merriweather so it won't look suspicious... at least not until its too late." That's cool, but what about the 12 guards I left dead to get it in there? That's not suspicioius?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

At the end of the police station set-up, we drove into the garage to return the documents, and the interior of the apartment didn't load. my character started falling inside the building, landed on the top of the garage, and died.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

DarthBlingBling posted:

Same but after the 10 minute reload I always get a pass.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Sylink posted:

On last gen maybe but it's a rarity on the PS4.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So it's kind of lame that you can't steal personal vehicles. I mean, we have that insurance thing. If I'm going around murdering people like a jackass, I should be able to take their cars too. Instead all I can do is blow them up. Then the game tells me I'm being a meanie and fines me for it. Yet there's no real punishment for murdering a guy over and over, literally taking all of his money.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
Does it matter what I name my character, or is it like Diablo 3 where I'm the only one that will ever see it?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

A Bug posted:

Does it matter what I name my character, or is it like Diablo 3 where I'm the only one that will ever see it?

Yes. Your social club name is used online.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

A Bug posted:

The name you put on your character is the name people will see when you chat. I think that's how it goes.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I need to remember to record everything. Joined in on the setup to steal the bus for the prison break.

There were a couple of low levels 8 and 6 in my Karuma. We reach the overpass that the bus drives over and at full speed the level 6 just jumps out of the car for no reason.

:sigh:

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Seems unlikely it will happen but I really wish they'll let us raise the FOV a bit more. I feel like I want to play this game in that mode entirely, but really the 70ish FOV makes me nauseous as soon as poo poo goes down.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Nuebot posted:

Yet there's no real punishment for murdering a guy over and over, literally taking all of his money.

You're not really taking much of anything. You drop like $500 when you die, assuming you are carrying a bunch of cash. If you don't have any cash on hand you don't lose anything (and you also don't pay insurance premiums)

Minorkos posted:

Seems unlikely it will happen but I really wish they'll let us raise the FOV a bit more. I feel like I want to play this game in that mode entirely, but really the 70ish FOV makes me nauseous as soon as poo poo goes down.

I will never be able to understand / empathize with this. Between my glasses and general ability to only focus on what's in front of me, the game probably provides an equivalent or even better field of vision than I have irl.I don't have a problem playing the game entirely in 1st-person, the only time I use 3rd is for heisting because there are a ton of angles in the car that 3rd-person allows you to shoot from that 1st-person doesn't.

titties fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 20, 2015

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Wow it is entirely too easy to get griefed in this game. Walk into gun store, walk out to get sniped by a dude camping across the street since the map gives you no idea of what is outside the bounds of the building.

titties
May 10, 2012

hagie posted:

Wow it is entirely too easy to get griefed in this game. Walk into gun store, walk out to get sniped by a dude camping across the street since the map gives you no idea of what is outside the bounds of the building.

It was established long ago that public freeroam is a deathmatch that doesn't offer rewards and you will participate whether you like it or not. Your only recourse is to play your mmo alone.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

hagie posted:

Before you leave a store bring up the main map from the menu and at the bottom it tells you the key to hit to go from the store map to the full city map. user that to look for ambushes, then go passive if you feel the need.

Really though they should have just blasted you to death while you were int he gun store.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

hagie posted:

If it was me you would have been blown up by proxy mines before you got to the door and I would be halfway across the map.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do we have a mumble or something? I can never seem to connect with goons.

nintendo65
Oct 16, 2008

Two universes separated by a membrane! It causes gravity! I have a uni degree in SCIENCE!!1!
This should be fun, right? I am supposed to be having fun with this computer game, right?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

titties posted:

You're not really taking much of anything. You drop like $500 when you die, assuming you are carrying a bunch of cash. If you don't have any cash on hand you don't lose anything (and you also don't pay insurance premiums)

That's odd. Because the other day every time I died I'd lose 1k from my bank account.

titties
May 10, 2012

nintendo65 posted:

This should be fun, right? I am supposed to be having fun with this computer game, right?

Yes, and you are currently experiencing all the fun as determined by R*

Nuebot posted:

That's odd. Because the other day every time I died I'd lose 1k from my bank account.

Maybe something has changed in the last 2 weeks or it's different on PC or something. On PS3 / PS4 it is/was $500 max and only from cash on hand.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

Do we have a mumble or something? I can never seem to connect with goons.

Is here a text/IRC part to it? I don't have a mic yet but should be getting one this week.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Whenever I join jobs with my friends, we almost never get put on the same team, even when team balancing is off, is there anyway to fix this?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

hagie posted:

Hold back or M to bring up the quick menu. Scroll down and enable passive mode. Enjoy not being shot.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

so, it's possible to use cheatengine to edit your RP and $ values.

In online.

Lol.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Minorkos posted:

http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-mod-allows-custom-fov-in-first-person-mode/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
some pubbie tried to give me and the rest of the heist crew 10% and take the rest himself on the humane labs raid. Me and one guy swam into the middle of the ocean and the other non leader went straight to the helicopter and kept blowing it up until the leader gave up trying to restart it.

• Locked thread