Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

actually he did the same thing with a NK in a game a few months ago, and won because everyone was like "nahhhhh that's just scum trying to frame beet"

And I referenced it earlier.

Bold strategy huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

honestly if birdstrike is scum and is lying about being the cop he is pretty lucky that there's no town cop

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I had been rolling around the possibilities in my head that the cop was either odd/even paranoid or perhaps that JoJo always showed up scum and therefore beat was actually innocent, but someone pointed out it's a pretty role light and basic game.

Strike's been pretty even and helpful this game as afar as I'm concerned.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Those On My Left posted:

honestly if birdstrike is scum and is lying about being the cop he is pretty lucky that there's no town cop

yeah this is the main thing that's making me reconsider things because it would be pretty easy for the "real" cop to cut it down if he weren't it but unless someone's suddenly going to pop up and go "ACTUALLY I'M A COP" it seems like he might be telling the truth

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
My result didn't show character, only alignment.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
and if someone did claim cop now it would look extremely suss so

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Those On My Left posted:

This was pretty well my thoughts. Like even if the town cop hadn't turned up any scum they'd be able to ping birdstrike straight away. So given that it's unchallenged, it's a lot stronger than beets character claim.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gwynplaine posted:

I had been rolling around the possibilities in my head that the cop was either odd/even paranoid or perhaps that JoJo always showed up scum and therefore beat was actually innocent, but someone pointed out it's a pretty role light and basic game.
what worries me is that bif said this was going to be role light and basic, so is it possible there isn't even a cop at all, and birdstrike was banking on that with his lie?

that's what's been worrying me.

but the answer to that, i think, is the fact that town had a doctor. if bif was happy to put in a doctor, it's just as likely that she's put in a cop.

look, i'm happy to pull this trigger, because honestly, birdstrike, if you're lying, then you deserve to win because this is a really clever play.

##vote Matthew Beet

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Seagull posted:

and if someone did claim cop now it would look extremely suss so

I don't think that's necessarily the case.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

yeah, i don't think so either.

if someone came out and said "i'm a town cop, and these are my investigation results", i'd probably vote birdstrike. but it hasn't happened.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Asphyxious posted:

It'd be a poo poo time to throw it down if so, and neither TOML Gwyn nor I have claimed it so...

I think he's telling the truth. Hammer time?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

yeah, i don't think so either.

if someone came out and said "i'm a town cop, and these are my investigation results", i'd probably vote birdstrike. but it hasn't happened.

Ditto.

Unless Beet said it I guess.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Seagull posted:

It'd be a poo poo time to throw it down if so, and neither TOML Gwyn nor I have claimed it so...

It's up to you or Gwyn.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Well look, I've said to others especially gaspy in the past from 4pm till 8pm I'm out of action because of family. I like how they've gone in hard for this.

So everyone now just forgets everything I've said today and goes with the newest narrative, not newest info just a new story.

Put yourself in scum shoes toml and seagull, what other target would you pick I this game beside me and would you say anything to secure the lynch of a townie today?

I've pointed all this out. I haven't changed my style at all over the three days, I've been quite exposed. Gaspy comes out strong today after effectively hiding for two days and bird strike wants us to believe he investigated toml on day 1 when there were more interesting people, eg me or Mith who didn't get lynched!

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Here we go!!!

##unvote
##vote Matthew Beet

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Seagull posted:

you could wait until beet gets home, apparently phone posting has reduced his ability to defend himself.

i'd drop it now if I were you

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Matthew Beet :byewhore:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

what worries me is that bif said this was going to be role light and basic, so is it possible there isn't even a cop at all, and birdstrike was banking on that with his lie?

that's what's been worrying me.

but the answer to that, i think, is the fact that town had a doctor. if bif was happy to put in a doctor, it's just as likely that she's put in a cop.

look, i'm happy to pull this trigger, because honestly, birdstrike, if you're lying, then you deserve to win because this is a really clever play.

##vote Matthew Beet

I understand why people get so angry at this game now. Never before have I known I'm right 100% and been ignored.

Okay off to get kids now. See you after lynch.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan: "My wrongful assault of that Ripple master shames me as a gentleman. But that attack on Erina... somebody close to me must have been turned by the zombies!"

Jonathan: "STRAIZO, I'M LOOKING AT YOU!"

Random Cop A: "Mister Joestar's gone mad! He's after another one of those men from Tibet! He can't be the gentleman we know! He must not have really lived through the fire! He's the zombie!!"

Jonathan: "What? How could a noble police officer ever lie like this? Ah-HAH! It's YOU, isn't it?!"

Random Cop B: "Oh no, he's coming for us! What do we do, what do we do?"

Jonathan: "HOW COULD I BE A ZOMBIE, I AM LITERALLY DOING THE RIPPLE RIGHT NOW! YOU FOOLS!"

Cop A: "Oh god, we've got to stop him somehow! You got to aim for the head on these zombies! JUST SHOOT HIM!"

Jonathan Joestar has been tragically shot while resisting arrest!

(RIP Matthew Beet, Vanilla Town)

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Matthew Beet (4): Asphyxious, Birdstrike, Those On My Left, Seagull
Asphyxious (1): Those On My Left, Matthew Beet, Seagull, Those On My Left, Those On My Left, Those On My Left, Seagull

Not Voting (1): Gwynplaine

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 20th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 8 minutes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

That night...

Tarkus: "So, thought you could find redemption and side with the heroes, huh? Here's what I think of that!"

The reformed Dark Knight Bruford has been killed on Night 3!

(RIP Those On My Left, Vanilla Town)

Random Cop C: "Oh god oh god oh god this is bad... Okay you guys all saw it, right? JoJo was totally a zombie. A ZOMBIE, got it?! Just make sure we all say the same thing on the - HRRRK!"

Dio: "Muda muda muda muda MUDA!"

*(Translator's note: "Muda" means "useless")

All of the surviving police force has been murdered and zombified by Dio!

(RIP Birdstrike, Town Cop)

Dio: "Well, that was convenient of Jonathan to knock out those other two Ripple masters for us. But wasn't there one other one left? What was his name? David? Dayre?"

Tarkus: "Dire, master. You already froze and shattered him ages ago so I could steal his identity, master."

Dio: "Oh yes, now I remember. Maybe the other Ripple users should have followed his example and CHILLED OUT!"

Dio: "Do be a dear and finish off those others for me, then?"

Tarkus: "Yes, sir!"

Straizo has been killed along with the previously "injured" players!

(RIP Asphyxious, Vanilla Town)

Dio: "All according to keikaku."*
* (Translator's note: "keikaku" means "plan")

Dio (Seagull) and Tarkus (Gwynplaine) have won a SCUM VICTORY!

Night actions and game summary to follow later tonight after I have some dinner. I think I already had some breads though, I can't remember.

Bifauxnen fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Apr 20, 2015

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

You all thought I was Speedwagon, but

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
:golfclap:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Very well played.

So what was the deal with birdstrikes bad investigation? Him coming in strong on me to defend gaspy,, claiming cop and sitting on it for half the day just seemed so scummy.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Legitimately no idea. Occasional insanity? He saw me visiting you night two? :shrug:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

What... went... wrong...?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Seagull posted:

Legitimately no idea. Occasional insanity? He saw me visiting you night two? :shrug:

possibly insanity.

what were you doing visiting me? he was also a cop so he wouldn't have seen that. unless he was lying. in that case *shrug*

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

nah we just ignored people. you ignored your bro, everyone ignored seagull. everyone forgets that sometime towns accidentally lynch towns

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
My actual investigations were N1 Zetsu Town and N2 TOML town.

I had a scum read on Beet this morning and decided I needed to keep Gaspy alive. Later in the day I twigged that Gaspy could be right about the characters and alignment and thought of a gambit to fake claim an ally of Jojo, then whomever real claimed that ally would be town, at which point I would real claim cop and have a 4 person block of me/TOML/Gaspy/whoever claimed.

I pm'd Bif to ask whether this - using the characters to solve for town - was within the spirit of the game. Her reply said not to worry, it was set up so that the alignments didn't match up.

From what she said I took that Gaspy wasn't scum, but I couldn't exactly say this explicitly in the thread. The way I tried to get this across was by pointing out that Gaspy was giving hints about his character on D1, and the fact that he was doing that showed he was trying to solve for town and not scum.

That idea went down like a lead Zeppeli,
but I knew I had to keep Gaspy alive and had in my infinite wisdom determined that both of you couldn't be town. Bif saying that the game couldn't be solved according to flavour also have me the brilliant idea of hey, wouldn't it be so ironic if she did that by making Jojo scum?

Obviously not my finest hour.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Asphyxious posted:

we didn't lynch anyone day one

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Thanks Bif for running, town I'm sorry

again

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

never lie about night results as town

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

never lie as town

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dinner is gonna be in the oven for a while, so rundown now! This game's balance was pulled from a setup called "Matrix 6" - a 9 player game with 2 scum and 7 town, with one of 6 possible role configurations. I went with 1 scum roleblocker vs 1 town cop and 1 town doc.

DAY ONE
With a lynch on Mith not quite getting there, Mith is torn on whether it would be better to keep herself alive as a townie, or hammer herself so they can have a lynch to work with. Votefinder declares zero minutes left. I fidget nervously. My laptop still says 9:59 for a while but finally ticks over to zero. Thread gets closed right before Mith can do the deed. Scumminess ensues.

NIGHT ONE
Zets (Erina) doctors Beet (JoJo), and Gwyn (Tarkus) nighkills Anidav (Zeppeli), so points to everyone for playing well in character and following story events.
Seagull roleblocks vanilla Gaspy to no great effect.
Birdstrike actually investigates Zetsubou, learning that he is town.

DAY TWO
Everyone is so suss on Mith that the scum don't even need to get out of bed. RIP, Tonpetty.

NIGHT TWO
Seagull roleblocks vanilla Beet
Zets doctors Gaspy, only to get nightkilled himself. Birdstrike's D1 investigation is now pretty MUDA MUDA MUDA
Birdstrike investigates TOML, finding him to be town.

DAY THREE
To fool your enemy, you must first fool yourself. The scum have played it so drat chill that when they finally show up, they don't even realize that with the town hastily casting 2 votes already on Gaspy, they could hammer and win the game right then and there. At this point, the town's best move would probably have been a no-lynch, since the awkward even number could let them afford to do it and possibly get one more night of investigation.

While the scum just sit back unwittingly toying with the town, Birdstrike is concerned, and messages me to ask if it's all right to encourage a mass character claim to try and solve things for town, or if that would be against the spirit of the rules. I say he should feel free, and perhaps say more than I should about how he shouldn't worry about it cause it shouldn't be possible to break the game just by character claiming.

Birdstrike is convinced that Gaspy is the wrong call, and he's right! So he makes a total desperation play, claiming as cop but making up a new investigation to force the issue and get everyone to change their votes to Beet instead. Unfortunately, Beet was also the wrong call, leading to the final mislynch.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bif did you give Gwyn Dire as a cover?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Me, Night 1 posted:

I shall doctor Matthew Beet fabulously.

I did this since, working under the assumption that mith==scum, scumteam might want to kill the person pushing for her lynch

Me, Night 2 posted:

Tonight I will doctor Asphyxious with unprecedented style and flair.

Since I thought scum would leave beet alive to be lynched by town for pushing the mithlynch, and Gaspy seemed like a reasonable target.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Okay Gwyn and I discussed it and holy hell.

I picked Gwyn as Dire because his opening comment referenced "cooler heads" and Dire dies by being frozen and decapitated.

This was just Gwyn being Gwyn and not a breadcrumb and just dumb fuckin luck that I picked up on it as a "PRO BREADCRUMB" when it was actually a cover identity he had been given.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I was explicitly aiming for people who were generally unnoticed for the nightkills, which I was worried could have Gwyn or I picked out as "why not them" but no one suspected a thing.

Pretty sure I pointed at Gwyn the most out of anyone.

• Locked thread