Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Robo Reagan posted:

So is this a decent enough guide for leveling up skills for online?

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/2keuoa/complete_guide_of_character_attributes_in_gta_5/

Most of it I'll just level normally, but I might powerlevel Lung Capacity and Stealth just because they'll never get leveled otherwise.

Holy poo poo, health actually increases?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I think the perk of maxed stealth making you invisible to other players on the minimap in deathmatches would be a bit more unbalanced than health increases.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Funky Valentine posted:

Holy poo poo, health actually increases?

Health increases with RP levels, once you hit level 100 your health is maxed out permanently.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I think the perk of maxed stealth making you invisible to other players on the minimap in deathmatches would be a bit more unbalanced than health increases.

So many people don't know about this and accuse me of hacking.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

titties posted:

Yeah, but it should be a little longer than a few days. Your stats are supposed to decline if you don' t play but I've gone more than a month without playing before and didn't lose anything from my maxed stats.

I hadn't logged in for nearly a year until I imported my character to PC and all my stats remained maxed out, so I'm going to say they don't degrade at all.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Are the vehicle/weapon recommendations in the OP all up to date? Anything particularly cool not mentioned up there?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Everything in that list is pre-heists update so it may need revisions. Vehicles for example there was at least one change I thought about making based on posts in the thread, but :effort: and of course the Armored Kuruma is the current hot poo poo car so it should be in the list somewhere. If someone wants to revise the vehicle list go for it.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

I hadn't logged in for nearly a year until I imported my character to PC and all my stats remained maxed out, so I'm going to say they don't degrade at all.

Looking elsewhere online, I'm getting conflicting reports on it. Some say stats decrease by one whole bar after two weeks of not playing, others haven't played for months and their stats remain. Weird.

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIuLOydF6zg

Had a bounty on me and needed to act fast.

Doing this makes me wish I could get a few more disguises.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Anyone up for some jobs on PC? I want to get my RP up. Won't be on the mic because I have a hell of a cough and sore throat.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Does it makes you invisible all the time or only when in stealth mode?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Just a quick reminder, Rockstar Social has incredibly weak security.

I originally set up my account with a very weak password because it was awful typing anything in with an Xbox 360 controller, and there wasn't much to lose because I mean, I had a physical disc and all. I've since bought the PC version, but neglected to update my password. Some Russian guy probably brute forced his way into my account and started changing all the info, including the username, email and password. There are no security questions or anything involved when changing email and/or password, either. I have emailed Rockstar Support about it, but I've got no response so far and the ticket number I was issued did not go to anywhere. Additionally, its still tied to the account, which I'm still logged in to on the website, but the password has been changed so I can't actually log in to play.

A buddy of mine told me that the guy who stole my account came online, although it may have been just me poking around on the account, so I tried to just hammer in random passwords to get the account locked. Well, Rockstar doesn't have account lock outs for too many attempted log in attempts. So again, pick a good password if you have the PC version.

This is the email I got:

quote:

The email address for your account ROBOBALBOA has been updated. You will no longer receive email for this account at rxxxxxx@gmail.com. Email will now be sent to vadimka.burmiy@mail.ru instead.

If you were aware of this change, then you don't need to do anything. However, if this was a mistake or done without your consent please contact support@rockstargames.com.

Social Club is a members-only community and website dedicated to enhancing Rockstar titles through features like stat tracking, leaderboards, Crews, virtual events and more.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Just a quick reminder, I have incredibly weak security.

I originally set up my account with a very weak password

I mean, that sucks and I hope you get your poo poo back, but let's be real.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Well, Rockstar doesn't have account lock outs for too many attempted log in attempts.

Are you sure? Somebody in the GTAV thread was having a meltdown because they entered like 3 wrong passwords and got locked out.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Zaphod42 posted:

Are you sure? Somebody in the GTAV thread was having a meltdown because they entered like 3 wrong passwords and got locked out.

I tried it on both the RSC website (in a different browser) with his email address and the game launcher, never got any messages about being locked out.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

UnknownMercenary posted:

I'd have sworn that we played together more recently than a year ago. Regardless, it's probably broken like everything else. I've never lost stats on my main but my level 70+ alt was completely wiped after a couple of months of not using him.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Looking elsewhere online, I'm getting conflicting reports on it. Some say stats decrease by one whole bar after two weeks of not playing, others haven't played for months and their stats remain. Weird.

I think at absolute most, you might lose progress towards the next bar if you aren't already maxed. Also the character transfer/switch usually fucks up the display but when you're actually playing the stats are correct.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Hey that's me :D

Edit: also is there a real everyone person I've played with in the IGN crew has been a shitheel?

At least we know Crew Invites are working in some fashion :haw:

Rule of thumb from consoles: IGN (or any 3-letter crew tag - they are "special crews" with no limits on members), WEED, YOLO, SWAG, KILL, (you get the pattern) are usually just shitheads. SNOO, GTAA, GTAX are reddit crews and if you've ever heard them on mics they are talking memes or talking about memes, it's unclear which.

ijyt posted:

Anyone up for some jobs on PC? I want to get my RP up. Won't be on the mic because I have a hell of a cough and sore throat.

What time? I just have dinner then I'm free. Probably 7ish. EST

titties
May 10, 2012

geeves posted:

At least we know Crew Invites are working in some fashion :haw:

Rule of thumb from consoles: IGN (or any 3-letter crew tag - they are "special crews" with no limits on members)

All right, we need to petition R* to give us a special unlimited crew. I vote for l33t leik JeffK

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
How long does a full heist generally go? Part if my trepidation in joining goon heists is I'm not sure how long of a commitment I'm in for.

The second reason is I'm a lowbie and it seems a stiff breeze is all it takes to remove half my health bar.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Kris xK posted:

How long does a full heist generally go? Part if my trepidation in joining goon heists is I'm not sure how long of a commitment I'm in for.

The second reason is I'm a lowbie and it seems a stiff breeze is all it takes to remove half my health bar.

~30 minutes for Fleeca to ~3 hours for Pacific Standard. All depends on how well things go.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I read somewhere it takes about 2 hours, but possibly as few as 1.5 if you're really on top of things

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I am really unhappy that my character automatically puts the camera away after 5 seconds. I don't know if it's because I'm in a boat or what, but I am not pleased that I cannot take boat pictures right now.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
:siren::siren:Important Crew Stuff!!:siren::siren:

The following members are up for execution. If you don't let me know either via quoting this post with a reply, pming me or messaging me/posting in my news feed on social club that you want to remain in the crew you will be kicked!! This is to make room for new members.

CTRL+F to see if your social club name is here!

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 20, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Slim Killington posted:

I am really unhappy that my character automatically puts the camera away after 5 seconds. I don't know if it's because I'm in a boat or what, but I am not pleased that I cannot take boat pictures right now.

You also can't take pictures while you're flipping upside down in a car. I tried many times last night while playing with some friends, but the game was having none of it :(

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Has anyone figured out a way to make the camera not auto-center when driving? That poo poo is the bane of my existence. I know there's a slider for it in options, but I'm not entirely sure what the gently caress it does. Sets the auto-center angle maybe?

titties
May 10, 2012

FallinInTheBlak posted:

The following members are up for execution. If you don't let me know either via quoting this post with a reply, pming me or messaging me/posting in my news feed on social club that you want to remain in the crew you will be kicked!! This is to make room for new members.

CTRL+F to see if your social club name is here!

Just wanted to chime in and say that f4 is a long-time goon crew bro. I would be sad to see him go so please let us know if you're still around.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kris xK posted:

Just continue to do missions. Yes, they open at 12 so R* could cash in on lots of new players, but IMHO you probably haven't done enough in game until you're 20-30. By then you've accumulated weapons and more health (and stats) and probably have done enough missions to see how things work to hopefully know better that patience is key for a lot of things.

During the Prison Break finale last night, I was messaging a level 9 in what to do (for god knows what reason he was assigned to fly the plane) and I got a message from him. "I don't know what I'm doing" right as he crashed the plane into the hangar at Sandy Shores.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Faktory4 is still active on PS4 as far as I know. I'm pretty certain I saw him around heists time.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

geeves posted:

Faktory4 is still active on PS4 as far as I know. I'm pretty certain I saw him around heists time.

In that case he shall be spared. I was going via the leaderboards on social club which we all know aren't always accurate, I also couldn't see his profile feed to see if he had posted/achieved something recently either.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

FallinInTheBlak posted:

In that case he shall be spared. I was going via the leaderboards on social club which we all know aren't always accurate, I also couldn't see his profile feed to see if he had posted/achieved something recently either.

When gta5stats was up and running they had a last active date. This date isn't on their profile publicly, but I think it's in their API results. I have all the info maybe I could write a script to scour all the names and at least give you a text dump of username & activity date. Can't promise it now, maybe by this weekend.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

orcane posted:

I've been trying to get LLJK members invited to heists but it looks like the game isn't even trying, the "your crew" option where you can invite specific members lists maybe 5-10 people at any time, and the only way to get anyone at all to join is by doing auto-invite with open matchmaking which usually gets me a lot of level <12 people who are not only unfamiliar with the heists and the game in general, they lack everything that helps you survive GTA aimbot NPCs better (ie. reserve body armor, snacks, skills to actually hit things you're shooting and sprint longer than five seconds), so they're the first to die. Forget hard mode, these guys usually die a 2nd time before you're halfway through a heist or setup. That's on top of hilarious failures like people committing suicide by parachute, suicide by jumping off buildings or suicide by crashing aircraft.

I managed to beat the prison break heist once and I wasn't even hosting so I'm still stuck there, which is getting really annoying. On the other hand I'm pretty good at flying that damned plane now...

Yeah, it's so weird like that. The game frowns on random chaos, it'll shove you in open worlds with crew and friends when possible. But actually doing any kind of mission or job with friends and crews? A nightmare. Even when you finish something, half the time you wind up getting split up and tossed god knows where. The fact that you can't really control Job Invites doesn't help either. You think they'd have let you limit it to like, friends only or crew only so you don't have to deal with the constant beeping job spam.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

geeves posted:

What time? I just have dinner then I'm free. Probably 7ish. EST

Actually heading off soon, it's near midnight in the UK and I need to be up early.

That said, if anyone is doing Blow Up 2 for RP in a tank, I'd love to tag along! I want to get to the fun stuff but I'm still only level 36. I managed to miss all the fun money/RP glitches in 2013 despite playing at the time.

Nuebot posted:

Yeah, it's so weird like that. The game frowns on random chaos, it'll shove you in open worlds with crew and friends when possible. But actually doing any kind of mission or job with friends and crews? A nightmare. Even when you finish something, half the time you wind up getting split up and tossed god knows where. The fact that you can't really control Job Invites doesn't help either. You think they'd have let you limit it to like, friends only or crew only so you don't have to deal with the constant beeping job spam.

The weirdest thing is when we're doing a private mission without a full team and once the mission is over, a random pubbie is the host.

titties
May 10, 2012

I haven't played in a few weeks, time to do a crime.

Who wants to :siren:heist on PS4:siren:?

I don't care what heist, I can do all the roles. I don't care who hosts either. Please reply itt

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Thanks for helping me out with that tutorial heist, BrockFnSamson (great character by the way, looks just like him). Went and got golds on all the flight lessons after that, so at least that's done. Guess I'll start trying to max out my stats now.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
If you're down for a heist, come to Gang 1 in Mumble right now

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Us bros in reticulated splines are also doing heists pretty much every night (Pacific) so if you are a working goon it might be a good crew to roll with.

titties
May 10, 2012

titties posted:

I haven't played in a few weeks, time to do a crime.

Who wants to :siren:heist on PS4:siren:?

I don't care what heist, I can do all the roles. I don't care who hosts either. Please reply itt

Nobody? I thought we were bros man

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

geeves posted:

When gta5stats was up and running they had a last active date. This date isn't on their profile publicly, but I think it's in their API results. I have all the info maybe I could write a script to scour all the names and at least give you a text dump of username & activity date. Can't promise it now, maybe by this weekend.

I had a look at the API but I couldn't see anything about last active date, I did however see it scrape the last time they leveled up. I'll take a closer look later, but if you see it first then let me know.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Knifegrab posted:

Us bros in reticulated splines are also doing heists pretty much every night (Pacific) so if you are a working goon it might be a good crew to roll with.

Is there a thread? I couldnt find one in PGS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Zigmidge posted:

I mean, that sucks and I hope you get your poo poo back, but let's be real.

bad passwords aside, not having two-factor authentication options in TYOOL 2015 is p dumb

• Locked thread