Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The good news is that I figured out I can hurry up the cashier while robbing a store by blowing on the mic instead of yelling. The bad news is that it annoys the hell out of everyone else.

Is there a setting that'll allow me to do this without bothering the other players?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Fishstick posted:

Is there a thread? I couldnt find one in PGS

No thread but here's the info:

vx38.commandchannel.com
Port: 31463

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Fishstick posted:

Is there a thread? I couldnt find one in PGS

Naw, I keep harassing people to make one, and I'm too loving lazy. I will post the mumble deets here when I get home.
edit: Thanks Antoine.

Bear in mind its pretty much just a bunch of us who play in the evening, its nothing like CTS, which I highly recommend if you want 24/7 goon company.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

:siren: People getting the freeze frame bug from failing a heist:

Once you can see the mini map, open the menu and change the screen resolution. After you hit apply and it asks you if you want to keep the changes, hit No and it should be fixed.

Also, the bug seems to happen 99% of the time when you are the cause of the heist failure, so an alternate fix is to get better. :smuggo:

trem
Sep 17, 2009

rt4 posted:

The good news is that I figured out I can hurry up the cashier while robbing a store by blowing on the mic instead of yelling. The bad news is that it annoys the hell out of everyone else.

Is there a setting that'll allow me to do this without bothering the other players?

In the interaction menu (M), there's a setting for voice comms, I set mine to "no-one" since I usually just use mumble for voice comms anyways.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Heartstrings Tugboat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIuLOydF6zg

Had a bounty on me and needed to act fast.

Doing this makes me wish I could get a few more disguises.

Is there a way to get the police outfit on PC without doing a character transfer from the consoles? Cause drat I like how it looks on my character.

AgentJR
Jun 5, 2011

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Great Beer posted:

:siren: People getting the freeze frame bug from failing a heist:

Once you can see the mini map, open the menu and change the screen resolution. After you hit apply and it asks you if you want to keep the changes, hit No and it should be fixed.

Also, the bug seems to happen 99% of the time when you are the cause of the heist failure, so an alternate fix is to get better. :smuggo:

An even easier way is to hit alt+enter to change from/to fullscreen.

Great Beer posted:

This method crashes GTA for me and my brother. :(

Sorry, I guess it's not an easier solution in that case.

AgentJR fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 21, 2015

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

AgentJR posted:

An even easier way is to hit alt+enter to change from/to fullscreen.

This method crashes GTA for me and my brother. :(

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

So I created a small tool to match people up for heists since nobody on PC knows who everyone is at the moment. I couldn't figure out how best to do this with a google form, so I made it myself.

I only spent a couple of hours on it so it sucks but it does what is expected.

You can Host a heist - set a day and a time or join one that someone already has made. Right now it's for complete heists. All or nothing. Not sure it would be worth it to break them down further. That just sounds like a headache.

PM me with feed back or if something is very wrong or missing.

http://soulglo.com/goonheists/

lljk / fallinintheblak

If you break it. gently caress you but actually tell me so I can fix it. :)

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Capn Beeb posted:

Is there a way to get the police outfit on PC without doing a character transfer from the consoles? Cause drat I like how it looks on my character.

The old way doesn't work on PC, and if you transfer over from consoles it will wipe the cop uniform.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
I beat a man to death with a hammer and then stole his cocaine.

I was once a man of peace.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Antoine Silvere posted:

bad passwords aside, not having two-factor authentication options in TYOOL 2015 is p dumb

Can you buy GTA 5 directly through this website? I mean, if they're taking payments, and don't have any authentication other than just password for full control, that's pretty bad. Oh, and the fact that we're finding out they got compromised, and it wasn't my awful password, that's bad too.

I guess the scariest thing about this whole experience is that this guy could access my Xanga, circa 2003.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Can you do anything with the safes in the back of the convenience stores, or are those rooms just for show? The cashier will always yell at you if you go back there but as far as I can tell there's nothing actually there.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Can you do anything with the safes in the back of the convenience stores, or are those rooms just for show? The cashier will always yell at you if you go back there but as far as I can tell there's nothing actually there.

I never noticed that there were safes back there, but we did notice that there were hams.

E:

titties fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 21, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

The Cheshire Cat posted:

They don't do anything, just decoration.

However you can rob all stores you enter by simply shooting the cash registers wit a gun until money pops out, this includes blasting the other cash register in "normal robbery" stores to get more cash than the clerk hands ya.

AmmuNation, the clothing stores, they all work for this method, though usually you need to shoot opent he door to walk in without your weapon automatically getting unequipped. Make sure to shotgun away the clerk in AmmuNation or he'll kill ya for trying.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nintendo Kid posted:

They don't do anything, just decoration.

However you can rob all stores you enter by simply shooting the cash registers wit a gun until money pops out, this includes blasting the other cash register in "normal robbery" stores to get more cash than the clerk hands ya.

AmmuNation, the clothing stores, they all work for this method, though usually you need to shoot opent he door to walk in without your weapon automatically getting unequipped. Make sure to shotgun away the clerk in AmmuNation or he'll kill ya for trying.

Yeah, usually only like $50 pops out though so I tend not to bother - compared to the 1-2k you get from a stickup it's not even worth the bullets.

titties
May 10, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah, usually only like $50 pops out though so I tend not to bother - compared to the 1-2k you get from a stickup it's not even worth the bullets.

Shoot the clerk, manually loot the cash reqister, fly away in your multi-million dollar helicopter.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm ultra new to online. Do i need to allocate points or anything when I rank up or just carry on?

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
I haven't had a chance to fly the Hydra they added in for Heists. Does it behave like it did in San Andreas where it was a VTOL, or is it just a jet like the Lazer?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

New Leaf posted:

I'm ultra new to online. Do i need to allocate points or anything when I rank up or just carry on?

You allocate points to as skill by doing it, rather than by assigning at level up. Shoot mans = raise shooting skill. Drive = raise driving skill. Etc.

Also go do flight school to train up flying real fast, the first like 5 missions in it are easy and will get you up very quick. Really helps to have less "turbulence".

titties
May 10, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Nope, just do crime

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

I haven't had a chance to fly the Hydra they added in for Heists. Does it behave like it did in San Andreas where it was a VTOL, or is it just a jet like the Lazer?

It's a VTOL but it's kind of sluggish, still fun. You can fly it in heist #3.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

titties posted:

Nope, just do crime

Is it as tanky in game as it is in that mission? Because it takes several rockets like a champ in that mission and my air-based bounty hunting could use some extra defense.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

titties posted:

I'm totally blowing 3 million GTA$ on one. :pcgaming:

I loved the Hydra in San Andreas. It was fun as hell to fly, and the mission where you had to jack one from the aircraft carrier was one of the most :pcgaming: moments of any game I've ever played.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have an armored kuruma, and I'm trying to decide whether I buy an Insurgent without a gun, one with a gun, I get whatever vehicle you unlock from Trevor's heist, or a VTOL

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Eonwe posted:

I have an armored kuruma, and I'm trying to decide whether I buy an Insurgent without a gun, one with a gun, I get whatever vehicle you unlock from Trevor's heist, or a VTOL

the gunner on the technical is exposed. a dude in a karuma can take out anybody in an insurgent.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Eonwe posted:

Insurgent without a gun can be stored in your garage, and you can chrome wrap it and give it big gaudy wheels and a Sad Trombone Horn. It's really the best personal vehicle ever :allears:

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

I love driving them around but I just wish the Insurgent(s) had windows that were as ridiculously armored as the Kuruma's. :(

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Is there any big deal in what "high end" property I buy?

I'm assuming the High-Rises look nicer inside but a 10 car garage can't be that "terrible"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Virulence posted:

I love driving them around but I just wish the Insurgent(s) had windows that were as ridiculously armored as the Kuruma's. :(

They should make a mad max pack with spikey tire body armor and more armored cars.

hagie posted:

I'm assuming the High-Rises look nicer inside but a 10 car garage can't be that "terrible"

location matters. most of the heist stuff takes place north of the city, or east of the city.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Powershift posted:

They should make a mad max pack with spikey tire body armor and more armored cars.

Oh my god yes. I need this, I would seriously buy a 3rd apartment just to fill it with Mad Max as gently caress cars.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

hagie posted:

You can't just buy a garage, because you won't be able to do your own heists

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I don't understand racing in this, I have a car with max speed stat but going full speed people just cruize by me like I'm on a moped then I get stuck in the back where everyone jus

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

socialsecurity posted:

I don't understand racing in this, I have a car with max speed stat but going full speed people just cruize by me like I'm on a moped then I get stuck in the back where everyone jus

The bars mean nothing, most cars go beyond the bars, once fully upgraded. The other thing is actual driving is key, as is Slipstream and catch-up being enabled.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

socialsecurity posted:

In a race? It's just catchup and slipstream and they suck.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is there any way to replay a specific mission in a heist or do you have to do the whole thing to do it? I want to advance my own Prison Break heist so I can unlock the rest but my friends will be sad at me leaving them out :(

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

Is there any way to replay a specific mission in a heist or do you have to do the whole thing to do it? I want to advance my own Prison Break heist so I can unlock the rest but my friends will be sad at me leaving them out :(

Once you complete a heist, you can host it again from your heist room.

Insurgents are grief wagons:

I had a pubbie trapped inside. Another one walked up, and I moved forward to let him in. Then I had two pubbies trapped inside.

This one was fun. Managed to wedge his car in the doorway:

A few seconds later I rammed it all the way through, which killed the pubbie. Sadly Snapmatic is a piece of poo poo and didn't save my screenshot.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

socialsecurity posted:

If you have a PS4 and want to learn the ways of racing, I can sing you the song of my peoples.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
Not getting any hits so crossposting a question from the PC thread hoping some PS4 or xbone users can shed some light:

I've read a lot of conflicting info-- can you still unlock mods by running solo races? Just trying to get my Sultan in order and not really looking to run a zillion races that I have to take ultra-seriously to do it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Akion posted:

Once you complete a heist, you can host it again from your heist room.

Aye, I was thinking "just do the mission without having to pay the setup or do the preliminaries" sort of thing, just so they could see it. Guess not, huh? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

Aye, I was thinking "just do the mission without having to pay the setup or do the preliminaries" sort of thing, just so they could see it. Guess not, huh? :(

Nope. Gotta do the setups.

• Locked thread