Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I'm going to edit this into the prompt post, but there's no genre restriction, other than every story should have SOME genre element since you are writing about, you know, wizards. If you want your wizard to be a cool dad in a modern suburb that's fine, he just better do wizard stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killfast37
May 7, 2007
I'm in.

And Lou thanks for reading my story, I'm glad it was as disturbing for you to read as it was for me to write.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
In.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Sitting Here posted:

You are cursed to love plants, but your power makes them creep and crawl and choke living things.
Haha, yup :420: :350:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bye

anime was right fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 27, 2015

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
In, you can choose what you want me to HM with.

thehomemaster
Jul 16, 2014

by Ralp
In.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

In.

Kaishai
Nov 3, 2010

Scoffing at modernity.
In.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

I am long overdue for another round in the dome.

In.

wigglin
Dec 19, 2007

In.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

You invoke the voices from the deep places of this world. Only you know what they say.

Ironic Twist posted:

In, you can choose what you want me to HM with.

You can do wonderful things with the thoughts, memories and pictures you fish out of people's minds (much to their surprise and delight). But not everything in the small, internal worlds you trawl is so beautiful.

You can see the hidden geometry. You can pass through the world at odd angles. You see into the crawlspaces and secret passages of reality.

Your magic ages you a bit more every time you use it, but you will never die.

You pull your magic from tomes, scrolls, poems, and all other expressions of the written word, but your own story will never be writ in ink.

Wangless Wonder
May 27, 2009
in.

e: forgot to :toxx:

Wangless Wonder fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 21, 2015

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

In.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
In.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

dmboogie posted:

I am long overdue for another round in the dome.

In.

You can touch the magic in machines, mechanical things, or anything else that might automate a task. You are, however, useless with the technical details.

You can instantly strike any emotion into the hearts of those around you, but you can't control the effect it has.

Your power depends on how many sigils and symbols you can place in public view. If you can pepper a whole city with your signs, you can do great works. Too bad city officials and property owners don't like graffiti.

You can read the signs in seemingly mundane events. For you, small superstitions reveal large truths. Your magics draw on the every day world, to great effect.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Sitting Here posted:

Your power depends on how many sigils and symbols you can place in public view. If you can pepper a whole city with your signs, you can do great works. Too bad city officials and property owners don't like graffiti.

Wangless, you'd better deliver on this. If you don't, I preemptively :toxx: myself to a brawl against someone else, using graffiti wizard as a prompt.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
In. Hit me.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

In, putting on my robe and wizard hat.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Sure, in.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
In.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

in with :toxx:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

You can copy the shape of any man or beast, but if the original dies while you're mimicking their form, so do you.

You can siphon off power from praise and worship of any kind, however the gods you're cheating may not always look kindly on it.

Omi no Kami posted:

In, putting on my robe and wizard hat.

Only you can wield this ancient, powerful staff. However, when you do, the weather changes according to the emotional state you're in.

You can draw power from blood. Blood given with the owner's consent is stronger, but blood taken by force is, sadly, more plentiful. Also, you're not a vampire JSYK.

Your magic is strange and skittish. When you try to focus it, you don't seem to get the intended effect. Yet you somehow manage to get through impossible situations when you put little to no forethought into it. You are the drunken master wizard.

Your magic grows as you gather more people or beings into your thrall. Strong minds yield powerful results, but are hard to keep around. Weak minds are more plentiful, but add less to your power.

Ol Sweepy
Nov 28, 2005

Safety First
IN

Thanks LBM for judgeburp crits!

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Cool prompt, I'm in

Sodacan
Dec 6, 2014

it's a nose, right? right?
Nice. Weez me.

AgentCooper
Oct 27, 2014

There's nothing quite like urinating out in the open air.
I want to earn that Thunderdome Loser avatar. Hit me.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
IN :toxx:

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Thanks for the burps, and make me a wizzard please!

Morning Bell
Feb 23, 2006

Illegal Hen
Cheers for the judgeburps. In for wizards.

hotsoupdinner
Apr 12, 2007
eat up
I like wizards. I'm in.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bye

anime was right fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 27, 2015

God Over Djinn
Jan 17, 2005

onwards and upwards
gimme onea them wizards

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Bompacho posted:

IN
Thanks LBM for judgeburp crits!

Scientists think color is an artifact of light and the human mind. You know otherwise. Subtle magic gives the world color, and you can paint with it.

CancerCakes posted:

Cool prompt, I'm in

You can whisper to cancers, infections, and other blights on the body. You can persuade them to leave their host, but they're just as happy to take up residence in any body you ask them to.

Sodacan posted:

Nice. Weez me.

You're the wizard of holes. Big holes, small holes, portable holes, holes that lead to other holes and form a tunnel, holes in souls (and soles), you name it. Got a problem? There's bound to be a magic hole for you!

AgentCooper posted:

I want to earn that Thunderdome Loser avatar. Hit me.

You can bring your drawings and painting to life! However, you can't re-paint or re-draw them once you've done so, no matter how badly you want to.

Your magic comes from the dead, but you're no necromancer. You gather their essence; from stories told by loved ones, old photographs, and heirlooms. Whatever part of the deceased lingers on Earth, you tell yourself, is yours for the taking.

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 21, 2015

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Thanks for the burps, and make me a wizzard please!

You may steal very pure, very sincere wishes from others, and grant them for yourself.

Morning Bell posted:

Cheers for the judgeburps. In for wizards.

Your sigil is the eye. Wherever there are eyes, you have power. Paintings, photos, symbols, people, animals. It doesn't matter what bears the eye, they are all under your domain.

hotsoupdinner posted:

I like wizards. I'm in.

You can bend, shape, muffle, and redirect sound. You know how much of the world is hidden from our eyes. Whispers and songs are like clay in your hands.

God Over Djinn posted:

gimme onea them wizards

You see the flow of information between people and things like a series of intersecting roads or rivers. You aren't all-knowing; rather, you see information when it's in transit between informer and informee. Sometimes, if you're very careful, you can dam or change the flow.

ZeBourgeoisie
Aug 8, 2013

THUNDERDOME
LOSER
Alright, lemme in. This week I shall not fail! :black101:

:toxx:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
:toxx:

autism ZX spectrum