Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Tomn posted:

Ohone's white blood cells have tiny little nanomachines grafted onto them whose programming augments their primitive biological instincts with squad-based tactics and a distributed strategic calculation network, and whose tiny lasguns bring death to all and any invading xenos. Stenciled onto the mechanical component of each servitor leucocyte in letters whose lines are no more than an atom wide are two simple words: "gently caress Nurgle."
That's pretty Radical.
I mean, inscribing the name of the Chaos god of Pestilence on each and every single white blood cells. And in terms that bring it to the attention of the God of Excess, too.
I'd have to call that a wildly convoluted strategy. And white blood cells are pretty violent, too. Congratulations are in order, I guess? Assuming you were planning for your immune system to launch the next Black Crusade somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The correct way for that to happen is for your immune system to develop a distributed consciousness, fall to chaos, suborn an entire forge world, launch a Black Crusade, and than make you the new Chaos god of Machines.

Because you got a cold.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Alternatively, for those of a more Puritan bent, you engrave the word "hate" on each one of the 387.44 million cells that fill your immune system. It helps, even if it only represents about a billionth of hate you feel for diseases.
Hate.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Every white blood cell is engraved with one nanoangstrom of the most famous saying from the Second Book of Chantings: "There is only the Emperor, and he is our shield and protector."

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Rockopolis posted:

That's pretty Radical.
I mean, inscribing the name of the Chaos god of Pestilence on each and every single white blood cells. And in terms that bring it to the attention of the God of Excess, too.
I'd have to call that a wildly convoluted strategy. And white blood cells are pretty violent, too. Congratulations are in order, I guess? Assuming you were planning for your immune system to launch the next Black Crusade somewhere.

It's a long-term plan. Monocytes expressing cell surface proteins in patterns that spell out gently caress NURGLE, attracting the attention of Nurgle by invoking his name and of Slaanesh by obscenity and the mention of loving. However, in the event of chaos incursion inflammation, the local monocyte population differentiates into macrophages, expressing an aquila pattern instead. The macrophages violently destroy the intruding single-cell chaos invaders which attention has been cunningly drawn into a trap, superficially appealing to Khorne, but ultimately weakening slaanesh and Nurgle through the destruction of their servants and the psyke value of made you look, and Khorne through reducing him into a tool in the service of the Emperor. Thus through a cunning plot and a bit of scheming, we utilise a major rapid change to weaken our enemies, just as planned, AND we get it done while making it look like it was done for the Emperor, diverting attention from the god who all bird-like symbols really stand for.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

Waci posted:

It's a long-term plan. Monocytes expressing cell surface proteins in patterns that spell out gently caress NURGLE, attracting the attention of Nurgle by invoking his name and of Slaanesh by obscenity and the mention of loving. However, in the event of chaos incursion inflammation, the local monocyte population differentiates into macrophages, expressing an aquila pattern instead. The macrophages violently destroy the intruding single-cell chaos invaders which attention has been cunningly drawn into a trap, superficially appealing to Khorne, but ultimately weakening slaanesh and Nurgle through the destruction of their servants and the psyke value of made you look, and Khorne through reducing him into a tool in the service of the Emperor. Thus through a cunning plot and a bit of scheming, we utilise a major rapid change to weaken our enemies, just as planned, AND we get it done while making it look like it was done for the Emperor, diverting attention from the god who all bird-like symbols really stand for.

Unfortunately this plan falls apart when uncontrollable mutation of the bloodstream results in the sudden and rapid onset of leukemia.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
No no no, that's AFTER you gently caress over the other 3 gods. The leukemia is what stops the Corpse-God from hanging on to your coat-tails. All as planned.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Lowell, I don't care how exactly you do it, but please make combat servitor white blood cells a talent Ohone can pick, thanks.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Tomn posted:

Lowell, I don't care how exactly you do it, but please make combat servitor white blood cells a talent Ohone can pick, thanks.

I'm pretty sure we can replace her blood with nanites or something at some point down the line.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Already done. Come with one of out implants.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Is spraying an opponent with nanitic blood and reducing them to slag from the inside out an option?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
There are by-the-book mechanics for intentionally making our blood toxic on contact, yes.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Waci posted:

Already done. Come with one of out implants.

Implants? They're all natural :smug:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Implants? They're all natural :smug:

Blasphemy!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Looks like the next Total War game is going to be Warhammer (Fantasy) themed. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjzLuddjIUI

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Total War has hurt me before, but I'm a battered spouse when it comes to their games.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Something to get the fires going

Dark Places

Even in a place built of secrecy, there are some places that are more secret than others. It was somewhat comforting, in a way, reminding you of the dusty corridors of Alpha Deck, or the old storage chambers that lay in Sequester. You breathed deep, reminiscing the smell of recycled air, dust and secrets. Soon, you would be a Magos. Soon, those secrets would be yours. You were unsure what to do with the old Magi who lived aboard your ship, whether they were friend or heretic or both - and what you would do if you found out.

The darkness settled around you comfortably. Dark places, dark thoughts. You wished you knew how Fabian was doing. His skill at managing the Krieg would be handy about now, particular when you were expecting a war aboard your ship soon. You needed to finish this trial and be done, you needed to take the helm and strengthen your power base. None must stand in your way, none must stand in the way of your Goddess.

This was a place built with the Inquisition in mind - full of obscured and hidden tunnels, concealed doors, platforms and crossways that let you listen to quiet conversations. In some ways, it was a satire of a docudrama of the Inquisition - all prying eyes and listening ears, and sudden death. But then, the common folk of the Imperium could never really imagine how paranoid the Inquisition really was. Sometimes you thought the Dwarf had a point. Time, more than time, to reset the institution and begin anew.

In your heart of hearts, you were a Recongregationist, but there was little point in revealing it at this point. Your master was (probably) a Puritan of the most hard sort, and would likely kill you in an instant if you revealed your radical affiliations. No, matter to work in the shadows and build your power base, and then strike with overwhelming force. Much like Kozilek, in point in fact.

For reasons of his own, Siadwell had hidden away the libraries of your Ship in an off-quarter of an off-chamber, across platforms and passageways. You would have had trouble finding it if not for the explicit directions of Miriam, your Ship’s Librarian (well, one of them) - and now prisoner of the Inquisition. You hoped she survived what was coming, someone like that could prove useful to you.

She was garbed in archaic gear, all azure and pearl, with the old regalia and symbols of a Regiment you didn’t recognize. Miriam looked good for her age, whatever it was, although you couldn’t see any signs of Rejuv treatment. Instead, she had the smooth skin of good genetics, black hair falling from her in a careful ponytail. She looked at you through rectangular glasses, half buried in a fortress of books, and then glanced to her side. Relaxed and easy in the shadows, Sister Suffer. You could see her chainsaw held comfortably between her knees.

She smiled at you, shark like, but said nothing. You nodded amiably back. Like that, then.

“Well, Miriam. It seems they’ve ensnared you as well.”
“Yes Ma’am.” Her accent was hard to place. Tinged with High Gothic, perhaps an aristocrat or officer once upon a time. You wondered how she had ended up shuffling papers on your ship.
“What have they got you doing? Perhaps I can help.”
She glanced at you meaningfully. “A lot of the same books Limosa did.”
You blinked. “You knew him?”
“Yes, very well. He often visited the libraries, and we had similar interests.”
“Eldar, I’m guessing.”
“Yes Ma’am.”

Acidly, you said “I’m starting to be disturbed how many people aboard my ship know of or enjoy the company of Eldar.”
Miriam looked startled. “Oh, nothing like that.” She looked down. “Not… heresy. Just… know your enemy.”
“I’m sure.” You glanced over at Sister Suffer. “And I suppose this has your Inquisitor’s full support.”
She smiled at you with those sharpened teeth. “He is fully aware I’m here. And supports you being here.”
“And I’m supposed to believe that.”
Suffer smiled again, but said nothing.
Miriam pushed an open book at you. “This is the one we’ve found most interesting.” You glanced at it in passing. Written in Eldar, and not very useful…. but your sensors spiked. There was a communication wire in the book, probably in the binding.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

The picture is by player request, of course. You can ask for some weird things :cheeky:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
It's been a long enough break I think this is a good place to have a Last Time on Dark Heresy catcherupper summary type thing.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I feel like a missed a heel turn somewhere, we sound so sinister in that update.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Is that Eldar fan art of a Rogue Trader?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Can do!

Okay, we are Tech-Priest Ohone. We are a somewhat Radical ruthless master of science and technology. We are also one of the only two possibilities for inheriting our ship, the Beast. We have a whole group of friends, allies, servants, and a husband (Fabian). We are currently on trial in the Inquisition for the murder of our cousin (we didn't do it but if we did it how could you say we were wrong).

Important people:

Fabiyan (husband and general)
Megabite (our awesome cyber puppy)
Athena (Ancient AI Goddess, currently deconstructing a planet for parts)
Kozilek (our Inquisitor boss, acts like batman)
Siadwell (our Inquisitor enemy, put us on trial.) Sister Suffer works for him.
Devries (our evil rival we ate him die die die)

We are trying to get a Tribunal set up with 3 Judges that we like. One of them is Inquisitor Lord Gant. The other two slots are open, and need 6 votes from electors to make it.

Full list here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RBGCUMPaG5qN0RvKrykiCI5FKMTrw7gm0roT--ruEHc/edit#gid=0 Although Im not sure how up to date it is. edit: its somewhat up to date, but very untidy.

Loel fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 29, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Oasx posted:

I feel like a missed a heel turn somewhere, we sound so sinister in that update.

I figure you are under a lot of stress, and this librarian asked to see you and worked with Limosa. Who you are being framed of as killing. :D

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

JT Jag posted:

Is that Eldar fan art of a Rogue Trader?

No idea. It was a fan request for the NPC.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'm just presuming that's what Eldar (or at least the Eldar that have had contact with our family) think all Rogue Traders are like until stated otherwise, then.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Okay, checking my notes, Athena has a sidequest for you. Youve recently gotten a vortex grenade (which is hella awesome) and some cogitator parts. She wants you to collect some esoteric wiring from places and make a thing. You have no idea what it is or what it does. However, youve been warned in no mild terms that the cogitator parts cant leave the building.

And of course there is the vote you are working on. And the almost civil war aboard your ship.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

LowellDND posted:

Miriam pushed an open book at you. “This is the one we’ve found most interesting.” You glanced at it in passing. Written in Eldar, and not very useful…. but your sensors spiked. There was a communication wire in the book, probably in the binding.
What's a "communication wire"? Is it something Miriam could be trying to smuggle to us so she can communicate with us in secret? If so, of course we need to act interested and borrow the book.

Oasx posted:

These are sinister times.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Ralith posted:

What's a "communication wire"? Is it something Miriam could be trying to smuggle to us so she can communicate with us in secret? If so, of course we need to act interested and borrow the book.

These are sinister times.

You'll need to get a hold of it to determine whether she wants to eavesdrop, short range with you, or let you do a long range communication elsewhere.

Whether Sister Suffer knows about the wire is unclear.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Oasx posted:

Early in our career, we condemned a number of Luddites to a living death as the undying embodiment of that which they despise.

One of our most ambitious plans yet, which we did in fact make a good faith effort to carry out before a better one came along, was to use nuclear weapons on the top half of an occupied supercity in order to lift said top bit into space so that we could plunder it of riches.

We've also been continually engaged in sometimes admittedly low-grade plotting against each of our peers and our immediate superior for pretty much the entirety of the game.

When exactly did we STOP being a heel?

What is that, a Warhammer 40K magical girl?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Tomn posted:

Early in our career, we condemned a number of Luddites to a living death as the undying embodiment of that which they despise.

One of our most ambitious plans yet, which we did in fact make a good faith effort to carry out before a better one came along, was to use nuclear weapons on the top half of an occupied supercity in order to lift said top bit into space so that we could plunder it of riches.

We've also been continually engaged in sometimes admittedly low-grade plotting against each of our peers and our immediate superior for pretty much the entirety of the game.

When exactly did we STOP being a heel?
Who is the heel and who is the face becomes a lot harder to determine in this universe. There aren't very many unambiguously good people (especially in any position of authority), and far too many people are far, far worse than even Ohone.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

LowellDND posted:

You'll need to get a hold of it to determine whether she wants to eavesdrop, short range with you, or let you do a long range communication elsewhere.

Whether Sister Suffer knows about the wire is unclear.
Then this constitutes either valuable intel for us, or a priceless opportunity to feed our enemies bad intel! Ask Miriam to elaborate on what's interesting about it, in the interest of finding a decent excuse to borrow it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Ralith posted:

Then this constitutes either valuable intel for us, or a priceless opportunity to feed our enemies bad intel! Ask Miriam to elaborate on what's interesting about it, in the interest of finding a decent excuse to borrow it.

This is a good plan. Worse comes to worse we flush it down a waste port.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Wrong thread.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 09:48 on May 1, 2015

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Ralith posted:

Don't ask Miriam what's interesting about it, just ask to borrow it. No sense putting her on the spot in front of sister suffer, and if she doesn't know about the comm wire she's a fool.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Volmarias posted:

Don't ask Miriam what's interesting about it, just ask to borrow it. No sense putting her on the spot in front of sister suffer, and if she doesn't know about the comm wire she's a fool.

This, keep being a tactless tech priest.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Volmarias posted:

I was just thinking that the exchange "The most interesting thing we've found is this book." "Okay, I'll be taking that then. Bye!" is a little suspicious, given that we have only a rough idea what they've even been up to.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Ralith posted:

I was just thinking that the exchange "The most interesting thing we've found is this book." "Okay, I'll be taking that then. Bye!" is a little suspicious, given that we have only a rough idea what they've even been up to.

"The most interesting thing we've found is this book."
"Is that so? In that case, I'd love to study it for myself. It may give me some clues into the reason for Limosa's death. Would you mind?"
"No, of course not, take it and let me know what you think."

You don't have to just rip it out of her hand and shriek "IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM TECHNO-HERESY ARTIFACTORY!"

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Volmarias posted:

Rip it out of her hand and shriek "IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM TECHNO-HERESY ARTIFACTORY!"

Voting this

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Volmarias posted:

You don't have to just rip it out of her hand and shriek "IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM TECHNO-HERESY ARTIFACTORY!"

We don't HAVE to, but we SHOULD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Asking what's interesting about it sounds entirely reasonable, considering it's written in a language we can't read, unless we picked up eldar somewhere along the line.