Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
hey are you guys ever going to release this game

my uncle who works at nintendo told me you were going to release it on the Dreamcast but I know that's baka gaijin bullshit because the Dreamcast if for CASUALS and not true doom murder-heads like the Saturn, the connoisseur's platform of choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

circ dick soleil posted:

The year is 2070.

Wrestling is dead.

Nice to see that, over the next fifty five years, some things will stay the same.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Unguided posted:

I'd like that game's Vinceborg in my party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLBUd3r1y3I

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Segmentation Fault posted:

poo poo...thread

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Lord Chumley posted:

"Damnit, this was all just a gatdamn booby trap! Hogan, you motherfucking baka, you sick motherfucking goddamn BAKA! What the gently caress did you to do Beltz? What the gently caress did you do to my son?!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0MYre_w0gE

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Lurdiak posted:

Here is an image to put on the ToG's wall to inspire the troops in crunch times of despair.

Wanna chaos her dunk. No wait, wanna cyber her dwarf. poo poo.

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwGQE0IvbHg

I am deeply disappointed by the team's decision to ignore Duergar tradition and custom by presenting Duergars without beards. You should be ashamed.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I know there's some form of extra effects from integrating a save file from the first game. Any word on what actually is checked/can be checked for?Like, are there separate effects for whether or not you have Charles be uncharitable and unlock the Deathtemple, or if you did a full Steampunk mode playthrough, or did Al Bhed mode, or who you sided with in the miner's strike.

OBVIOUSLY the library ticket is important, of course.

And pretty please, is there any chance I could get an actually informative, only-slightly unhelpful bullshit answer that has some degree of usable information than none at all?

The game was updated a while ago so that its save file contains more information for the next game. The old version's save files should still work but to take full advantage, play the entire game over again.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Apr 5, 2015

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Schwarzwald posted:

Nice to see that, over the next fifty five years, some things will stay the same.

:vince:

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
Is the game out yet? Will it ever be out?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Treebeh posted:

Is the game out yet?

Yes.

Treebeh posted:

Will it ever be out?

No.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
ToG, please release a backer-exclusive alpha which is just a single room where X114JAM9 can access a shortcut to launch this game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z5YVDArFgc

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Frankie's live & artin'.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I finally got around to playing the first one. What does X114JAM9 mean I feel stupid for not seeing it if its a joke?

also is it too late to get the dwarf pillow

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Uncle Wemus posted:

I finally got around to playing the first one. What does X114JAM9 mean I feel stupid for not seeing it if its a joke?

It's never too late for some Cdwarf love. Send an e-mail to the ToG idiots where you demand a pillow, call them worthless sacks of poo poo and then tell them that "Stinko sends his regards" at the end. I'm sure you can work something out.

You can also bother them on twitter. https://twitter.com/TalesOfGames

I have no idea about X114JAM9, besides the JAM part in the middle.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
X114JAM9 is also the mysterious phrase Vinceborg utters when he's booting up for the first time

I mentally pronounce it as "Zilla-Jam-9"

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
There are going to be several characters with number names and they all conveniently forgot you all used to belong to the same orphanage.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Please report back if you were able to get a Cyber Dwarf body pillow or not.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Freakazoid_ posted:

There are going to be several characters with number names and they all conveniently forgot you all used to belong to the same orphanage.

It just so happens that there is a significant number of orphan characters you can encounter in this game. It also just so happens that using Zaubers erodes your memory but this plot point won't be ever mentioned or talked about aside from the one time when it conveniently explains why they all forgot about their past.

You can also do quizes in the middle of the game to increase your salary. You can do the quizes as many times as you like, they are all 10x YES/NO questions and it always tells you how many questions you got right or wrong so that by answering YES or NO to all questions once you will exactly how many YES and NO answers there are and then you just retake the quiz until you get it right.

There is also a card minigame like every good RPG needs to have.

Actually there really might be a card minigame. I better get on that. One based on calculating IP addresses and Subnet masks.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

For Triple Triad players, the game is life.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Can you unleash a Chaos Triad?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I thought we agreed it was to be called Dribble Triad?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
when is the game coming out or when is the next opportunity to give you guys money to make the game coming out

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
can i get a demo disc attached to a magazine?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Under the vegetable posted:

I've got a sneak peak here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVN5IXN0p0U

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Under the vegetable posted:

Do you have a subscription to Reader's Digest?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Your kickstarter campaign ended in 2012 you shysters.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gortarius posted:

Do you have a subscription to Reader's Digest?

Was rooting for Highlights.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Will the proto-neo-ultra harlem globetrotters be in this?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Will sweet Georgia brown be in this?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
No, the only music will be royalty free midis played with random instruments for a truly unique experience every time you play.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

MasterSlowPoke posted:

No, the only music will be royalty free midis played with random instruments for a truly unique experience every time you play.

Will we be able to import ABC files to customize our audio experience like in Starbound? This is important. I cannot properly immerse myself in a game unless I am listening to the sophisticated works of genius composer Nobuo Uematsu.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

DrManiac posted:

Will sweet Georgia brown be in this?

I hope. It's been ages since I last heard that song but... but I can hear it now, a symphony of whistles and toots.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Truecon420 posted:

I hope. It's been ages since I last heard that song but... but I can hear it now, a symphony of whistles and toots.

Was digging in the crates at my local record store today and they had a 7 inch single for a buck.

you bet your rear end I got it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't think there's any game that uses music cues better than barkley uses jonathan taylor thomas and sweet georgia brown

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4ImhVczZ_g

Khorne
May 1, 2002
That video is from 6 years ago. Barkley 2 dead game.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I want to know more about DwarfNet.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Chas McGill posted:

I want to know more about DwarfNet.

Ask away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU