Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
What's the point of these "we gave you weapon x" messages during heists, is that for people who may not have those weapons unlocked/bought? Because I always had my full arsenal during those missions and got confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

orcane posted:

What's the point of these "we gave you weapon x" messages during heists, is that for people who may not have those weapons unlocked/bought? Because I always had my full arsenal during those missions and got confused.

yeah, sometimes low level dudes don't even have an AK, that makes for a bad day.

sniper rifle is level 21. it's required for some positions.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Orgophlax posted:

I last logged in like a month after the 360 release, then traded it in after deciding to just wait for the PC version, so I couldn't log into it first to update before transferring. And I already filed a ticket with them, so we'll see what happens there.

That seems to be a very common thread when losing vehicles. There were a lot of updates in the first year and there were a lot of patches that dealt with various vehicle duplication glitches. I wouldn't be surprised if the data R* had for you was so out of date and just dropped because it had been restructured to deal with various exploits and was waiting on syncing with your console to confirm it was correct and that there was nothing shady going on.

Normally you would ask, "well R* had all this data and they should have been able to update it themselves." And I would tell you you're 100% correct on what should have happened. However, this is Rockstar and they can't even get all of my vehicles, etc. to display correctly on Social Club or their iFruit app. I can only see 9 out of 24 vehicles.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

geeves posted:

That seems to be a very common thread when losing vehicles. There were a lot of updates in the first year and there were a lot of patches that dealt with various vehicle duplication glitches. I wouldn't be surprised if the data R* had for you was so out of date and just dropped because it had been restructured to deal with various exploits and was waiting on syncing with your console to confirm it was correct and that there was nothing shady going on.

Normally you would ask, "well R* had all this data and they should have been able to update it themselves." And I would tell you you're 100% correct on what should have happened. However, this is Rockstar and they can't even get all of my vehicles, etc. to display correctly on Social Club or their iFruit app. I can only see 9 out of 24 vehicles.

Well the really odd thing for me was that I actually did have my car initially after transferring (no garage though). But it disappeared after doing my first mission.

EDIT: I'm fairly certain I had insurance on that car, so maybe I'm just forgetting how that mechanic works?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Orgophlax posted:

I don't have anything as I lost a garage/vehicle in the original transfer from 360-PC.

This happened to me too, I don't even have a personal vehicle any more.

How do I set a new one?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Bondematt posted:

Yeah, it's normal.

Funny thing is: It is your stats, just jumbled a bit.

That screen has had my driving and stealth stats mixed up since the ps4 launch but every other way I look at it is correct.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

On a different note, how the gently caress are you supposed to do the "land a chopper on a moving truck" flight school class? I've landed like 10 times but it doesn't recognize it, and the chopper just slides off the back.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
git gud at flying y'all

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I am not sure if this is a glitch or working as intended but I noticed that when you do races where you get weapons (like the bikes vs runners one) you keep any extra weapons if you don't have a gun in that slot. Somehow I managed to keep the heavy sniper rifle and the carbine after the event ended. We played a round and then all voted to go back to free mode.

So far other then doing heists, I mostly just roam around in free play trying to kill other players. I am a master at running AFK people over and also shooting homing rockets at cars :P Not sure if there is some optimal thing to grind to get RP super fast.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Stealthgerbil posted:

I am not sure if this is a glitch or working as intended but I noticed that when you do races where you get weapons (like the bikes vs runners one) you keep any extra weapons if you don't have a gun in that slot. Somehow I managed to keep the heavy sniper rifle and the carbine after the event ended. We played a round and then all voted to go back to free mode.

So far other then doing heists, I mostly just roam around in free play trying to kill other players. I am a master at running AFK people over and also shooting homing rockets at cars :P Not sure if there is some optimal thing to grind to get RP super fast.

You keep them for the following session. Or maybe until you leave Online.

As for RP. Do missions.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

That's weird, according to the social club site, my new GTA Online character should have a bunch of cars in the garage, but I have nothing. Is there some trick to accessing them?

Edit: These are under vehicles, nevermind. Garage says "UNABLE TO RETRIEVE PERSONAL VEHICLE DETAILS."

Deviant fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 21, 2015

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

Orgophlax posted:

On a different note, how the gently caress are you supposed to do the "land a chopper on a moving truck" flight school class? I've landed like 10 times but it doesn't recognize it, and the chopper just slides off the back.

Do you have your landing gear down?

Unlike most choppers in the game you have to manually lower them with the one in that tutorial.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Jossos posted:

Do you have your landing gear down?

Unlike most choppers in the game you have to manually lower them with the one in that tutorial.

oh that wouldve been nice for the instructions to tell me

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

Orgophlax posted:

I last logged in like a month after the 360 release, then traded it in after deciding to just wait for the PC version, so I couldn't log into it first to update before transferring. And I already filed a ticket with them, so we'll see what happens there.

I lost all my cars from the Xbox 360 and opened a ticket - 6 days later I received spacebucks in compensation. It may take awhile, but you should end up being able to replace them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What counts as a race win in online? I have literally never won a car race that I can remember, but I have unlocked a bunch of engine parts that require race wins.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What counts as a race win in online? I have literally never won a car race that I can remember, but I have unlocked a bunch of engine parts that require race wins.

Finishing first in a race with 2 or more people in it. You can win-trade by doing one-lap races with a friend on Criminal records - takes about 40 seconds for each race, loading times not included. Keep in mind that some requirements require you to win races in that car's specific class (sports/super/etc) as well

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Fishstick posted:

Keep in mind that some requirements require you to win races in that car's specific class (sports/super/etc) as well

When it says class it means land vehicle class, so cars and motorcycles both count to all race winning unlocks for land vehicles.

Easiest wins are dirtbike races, as people are absolute poo poo at them. Just lean back and win.

Edit: The only odd one out I can remember was some paint required air races I think.

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

Orgophlax posted:

oh that wouldve been nice for the instructions to tell me

I had the exact same problem, it's dumb as poo poo.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
I'd just like to say I love the Enduro and it is super rad to tear around the county doin' sweet jumps over the road and beating dudes in tricked-out supers from point A to B.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bondematt posted:

When it says class it means land vehicle class, so cars and motorcycles both count to all race winning unlocks for land vehicles.

Easiest wins are dirtbike races, as people are absolute poo poo at them. Just lean back and win.

Edit: The only odd one out I can remember was some paint required air races I think.

Yeah I think it's some matte paints which require sea- and air race wins.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Does anyone happen to have a list of ACTUAL vehicle stats?

I bought a bike (Vader, I think, but I've noticed it with all the vehicles I've purchased) and the in-game website says the top speed is ~145mph, but my speedometer tops out ~110 going downhill while leaning forward. Is the top speed based on maxed vehicle upgrades or something?

Also, that Prison Break heist. Jesus Christ, we spent 8 hours on the finale, failing time and time again, until we hatched the most ludicrous, super-villain-worthy plan that worked the first time. Payday 3 is a rough game :(

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
Where the heck do you see your daily challenges on the PC version? I've honestly spent more than an hour looking for this and simply can't find it. It seems so 'obvious' that nobody mentions it. I looked through every menu I know of. I do get a text message from simeon with a list of cars to steal, but this is apparently unrelated.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mudlark posted:

Also, that Prison Break heist. Jesus Christ, we spent 8 hours on the finale, failing time and time again, until we hatched the most ludicrous, super-villain-worthy plan that worked the first time. Payday 3 is a rough game :(

How exactly do you gently caress that heist up that many times? Assuming the prisoner has an AR as well as the officer you're pretty much good, the pilot sits with his thumb up his rear end dodging jets and demolitions has a grand old time shooting police helicopters. The only tense moment is the plane pickup.

Eregos posted:

Where the heck do you see your daily challenges on the PC version? I've honestly spent more than an hour looking for this and simply can't find it. It seems so 'obvious' that nobody mentions it. I looked through every menu I know of. I do get a text message from simeon with a list of cars to steal, but this is apparently unrelated.

M-> Daily Challenges.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Mudlark posted:

Does anyone happen to have a list of ACTUAL vehicle stats?

I bought a bike (Vader, I think, but I've noticed it with all the vehicles I've purchased) and the in-game website says the top speed is ~145mph, but my speedometer tops out ~110 going downhill while leaning forward. Is the top speed based on maxed vehicle upgrades or something?

Don't trust anything rockstar says when it comes to top speed, etc. especially with regards to car instruments or what it says on social club or the sites on which you buy vehicles. It really is for "Display Purposes Only".

There are videos out there that show the top speed is 120mph - and that's with an Adder. Even in single player. They found a ~1mile stretch of road set a way point and timed it as the distance reached 0. The social club website is also unreliable. Suddenly my top speed is ~150 in my Cheetah. Last week it was ~146 in my Turismo. I haven't driven my Cheetah in weeks.

Top speed, turbo, engine and transmission mods only make a difference in Freeroam or a race without catchup and slipstream. When catchup in on and you're in the lead you can hear your engine drop ~1000rpm and notice your speed slow down. I would be interested to see a video measure the speed difference in that scenario.

Here are Rockstar's stats for every vehicle.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g2Qy84YUrYu_YCcdjMhzDGuNMzwNtjVjIJzdRmrHu6Y/htmlview?sle=true#gid=1868604557

How well they come in to play depends on how well you drive.

Eregos posted:

Press M for the Interaction Menu -> Daily Objectives

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

How exactly do you gently caress that heist up that many times? Assuming the prisoner has an AR as well as the officer you're pretty much good, the pilot sits with his thumb up his rear end dodging jets and demolitions has a grand old time shooting police helicopters. The only tense moment is the plane pickup.

The persons playing Prisoner and Guard are very, very special boys. :downs:

Thanks, that's pretty much what I figured.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I'm abit disappointed at the lack of color variety for t-shirts with no pattern or logo on them. How am I supposed to dress like Crockett in the height of 80s fashion with consumer logos?

Oh well I'll manage.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'm abit disappointed at the lack of color variety for t-shirts with no pattern or logo on them. How am I supposed to dress like Crockett in the height of 80s fashion with consumer logos?

Oh well I'll manage.

Looks more like Dolph Ziggler than Crockett.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Does anyone else have an issue with the crew t-shirt changing to white after logging out?

I've got that poo poo under a jacket and it keeps changing.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Orgophlax posted:

Looks more like Dolph Ziggler than Crockett.

I couldn't find a decent hairstyle and my first attempt at making a face ran afoul of pushing space on the main appearance menu trying to selection an option. Whoopsvthat completely randomized with no undo. :suicide:

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I couldn't find a decent hairstyle and my first attempt at making a face ran afoul of pushing space on the main appearance menu trying to selection an option. Whoopsvthat completely randomized with no undo. :suicide:

Now only if Rockstar would just take a cue from Volition and add melee wrestling moves...

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Mudlark posted:

You want your highest levels as the guard and prisoner. They have the most health and weapons, and can carry the most extra armor.

Pilot gets in the plain, and doesn't fly past the Vinewood sign until the timer is at 1 minute (Jets won't spawn until he is past the sign). When the jets come, the pilot flies behind them, they only spawn one at a time and the AI will just constantly fly in circles unable to shoot the jet (do this over the Alamo Sea, or the jets will shoot at the Demolition guy)

Demolitions hovers outside of the prison (stay outside the ring road, if you get too close the prison has SAM batteries that will take you out) shooting NOOSE guys to help cover the Prisoner/Prison Guards escape.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Oh well I'll manage.

I'm rocking the Miami Vice look on my dude right now too. I need to take a good picture...

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

CJ posted:

I don't think i'm ever going to do that as a prisoner again. If the guards would either drop a scoped weapon for me or aim for the head themselves it would be easy, but trying to snipe people with a pistol or smg from such a far distance that the resolution of the game is inhibiting your ability to aim while the pubbie guard unloads clip into their ankles is pure torture.

The AP pistol is surprisingly effective on them at range. Get the officer to drop you lots of ammo and go to town. Or get the demo player to do flybys and rocket them. He can be above the prison for a bit before it fails.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think the dumb part about the game at it's current state is having to sit with the interaction menu open to munch on snacks and put on reserve body armor. I can just see my character taking a moment to eat a Twix in the middle of a bank heist.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

GreyPowerVan posted:

I think the dumb part about the game at it's current state is having to sit with the interaction menu open to munch on snacks and put on reserve body armor. I can just see my character taking a moment to eat a Twix in the middle of a bank heist.

Hungry? Why wait?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GreyPowerVan posted:

buy cola, and set your quick action to drink cola. If you're using a controller, quick action is clicking both sticks.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Powershift posted:

buy cola, and set your quick action to drink cola. If you're using a controller, quick action is clicking both sticks.

Does it still work instantly doing it that way when you're in cover?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Powershift posted:

Oh, cool, didn't know that was a thing. Still a workaround for something completely silly.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

HiriseSoftware posted:

Does it still work instantly doing it that way when you're in cover?

yes. there's a separate quick action while driving, set that to eat snack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up
I needed play tennis to complete a daily objective and luckily i get a pubbie to join a game. It was a long match (7-6 tie break win for me). I was gonna give him a thumbs up but as soon as we drop back into freeroam, what do I get? This:

http://xboxclips.com/Trebag/2c5eb685-b026-4fab-bcbf-d37c019a4f73

Lesson here? Never EVER give pubbies a chance.

A c E posted:

I burn through flare gun ammo so fast. Best addition to the game and trying to use it for kills on missions is great fun.
:love: flare gun :love: http://xboxclips.com/Trebag/2c88a07b-d514-42d5-8c8c-1d087a8359cd

• Locked thread