Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

CJ posted:

Yes i am aware of that. I can't force the other player to press F9.

Ah, I misread your initial post, sorry. I guess stop playing with assholes or suck it up and go buy a gun. If you can get out of being the prisoner just be the pilot, that's easy as poo poo if you follow behind the jets and demo doesn't suck at their job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

CJ posted:

Yes i am aware of that. I can't force the other player to press F9.

The AP pistol that the game gives you is armor-piercing. It is perfectly fine for taking out the armored guards. Use cover, eat snacks, pick up the body armor drops littered through the map. Advance carefully and watch your minimap for the position of the guards. Shoot the face. This is one of the easier heists as long as you're not trying to run it with some guy who's level 17 and dies in 2 hits.

Cute as heck posted:

git gud at flying y'all

Please tell me you're still on PS4 and also that you're ready to do our all-in-order same crew heist run.

so long
i've been looking to hard
i've been waiting too long
sometimes I don't know what I will find
I only know it's a matter of time
when u love someone

titties fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 21, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
SUVs with customs on can be fun as hell to race because most people don't have experience with them at all, and many others have custom SUVs that are terrible for racing since they use them for missions or whatever.

Heck that goes for most vehicle classes outside muscle/sports/sports classic/super/motorcycle.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
So: 9PM CST, hour and a half-two hours for me at least. We go from the city of Los Santos, wrap around the coast, stop in Paleto Bay and hold off the cops, cruise down to Grapeseed or the Alamo Sea and regroup, then have a finale as we board our planes at LSIA and fly off into the sunset. Sounds good?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Where exactly in the city do you wanna meet up, and how are we getting the full wanted level?

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 21, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ijyt posted:

I think powershift might have gotten one of the best selfies I've seen.

Also best goon.

i'll post em up in a bit. i'm gonna help astro with this heist.

i got those fuckers good and ganked. The bounty helped hide my tank symbol, when they came after me, booooom. then a firefight ensued, then they ran like girls.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

So: 9PM CST, hour and a half-two hours for me at least. We go from the city of Los Santos, wrap around the coast, stop in Paleto Bay and hold off the cops, cruise down to Grapeseed or the Alamo Sea and regroup, then have a finale as we board our planes at LSIA and fly off into the sunset. Sounds good?

I'd be so down but I have plans :smith: I'll join y'all next time.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
has anyone else lost guns? I had a gold G36 with scope and extended mag but it just up and vanished one day.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Powershift posted:

i'll post em up in a bit. i'm gonna help astro with this heist.

i got those fuckers good and ganked. The bounty helped hide my tank symbol, when they came after me, booooom. then a firefight ensued, then they ran like girls.

I was watching from the map as I was trying to remember the way to suicide. Once you left most of the map was after them.

Thanks for the Blow Up II, freeroam was too fun for me to start more missions.

I'll get those recordings edited up tomorrow.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Slim Killington posted:

Where exactly in the city do you wanna meet up, and how are we getting the full wanted level?

As judgement hour approaches I'll iron that out. What do you guys think for starters? And it's very easy to get a full wanted level.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ijyt posted:

I was watching from the map as I was trying to remember the way to suicide. Once you left most of the map was after them.

Thanks for the Blow Up II, freeroam was too fun for me to start more missions.

I'll get those recordings edited up tomorrow.

good times

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
:siren::siren:Important Crew Information!!!

Due to the number of people wanting to be in LLJK I'm afraid that a rule is going to have to be set that you're required to set LLJK as your active crew to show that you want to have fun, otherwise you will be removed to make way for people who want to be doing fun things with lots of goons. The only exception to this rule is being in WEZL for its gimmick.

I'm sure this won't be the case for much longer as given a month or so the number of requests per day will drop, but for now this is something that needs to happen.

I'm not going to start kicking people immediately that are in different crews as I'm going to give everybody a bit of time to read this thread and catch up.

Here is a list of some Goons who may soon find themselves removed from LLJK as needed:

e: Links fixed because I'm dumb and tried to save time by finding and replacing stuff to insert links.

The time of judgement will come tomorrow at 12pm GMT

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 21, 2015

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Sultan Tarquin posted:

has anyone else lost guns? I had a gold G36 with scope and extended mag but it just up and vanished one day.

I wish I could lose guns. I hate that dropping them isn't permanent. I never wanted a vintage pistol, for example, and the game gave me one when I moved over to PC. I don't want to tab through all this bullshit in a car, and I don't ever want any rifle other than one. You should be able to set defaults for the weapon wheel and in the car, it's probably my biggest Online gripe.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

As judgement hour approaches I'll iron that out. What do you guys think for starters? And it's very easy to get a full wanted level.

I don't think I've ever had a five-star wanted level. I think they're impossible to get. I once had a 15-minute four-star level and never got the last one.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Newb here... You can be in multiple crews at once?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Due to the number of people wanting to be in LLJK I'm afraid that a rule is going to have to be set that you're required to set LLJK as your active crew to show that you want to have fun, otherwise you will be removed to make way for people who want to be doing fun things with lots of goons. The only exception to this rule is being in WEZL for its gimmick.

I'm sure this won't be the case for much longer as given a month or so the number of requests per day will drop, but for now this is something that needs to happen.

I'm not going to start kicking people immediately that are in different crews as I'm going to give everybody a bit of time to read this thread and catch up.

Here is a list of some Goons who may soon find themselves removed from LLJK as needed:

It probably doesn't matter much but none of these links work because there's a " after each name in the link.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Newb here... You can be in multiple crews at once?

You can be in 5

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Slim Killington posted:

I don't think I've ever had a five-star wanted level. I think they're impossible to get. I once had a 15-minute four-star level and never got the last one.

You simply need to continue blowing up cop vehicles/killing cops.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I've gotten five stars multiple times :v:

epsilon-6
Dec 25, 2002
Anybody on ps3 up for some shenanigans like loving with pubbies? My psn is Tenderclownhug

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

titties posted:

It probably doesn't matter much but none of these links work because there's a " after each name in the link.

I'm dumb. Thanks.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Make a holding crew so that people waiting for the main crew can at least crew up together, maybe?

Also what about people (like me) that switch between friend crews, other forum crews and LLJK?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Depending on the success (and fun) of this cross-country police chase, I might make it into a race after-the-fact. I don't know if there's a distance limit or whatever on races, but I'm willing to give it a shot. A race that went through a lot of different parts of the map and had a mix of high-speed and off-road sounds bad rear end.

I know it'll wind up taking an hour to race and none of us will ever play it though. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Another dumb question: what is the push to talk key on a gamepad (xbox). I use the pad for driving so I want to set up an xpadder button to add a mumble PTT key and just disable in game voicechat.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Another dumb question: what is the push to talk key on a gamepad (xbox). I use the pad for driving so I want to set up an xpadder button to add a mumble PTT key and just disable in game voicechat.

Probably none. You would use voice activation if you were on a console, and your headset/mic would have a mute switch

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

Depending on the success (and fun) of this cross-country police chase, I might make it into a race after-the-fact. I don't know if there's a distance limit or whatever on races, but I'm willing to give it a shot. A race that went through a lot of different parts of the map and had a mix of high-speed and off-road sounds bad rear end.

I know it'll wind up taking an hour to race and none of us will ever play it though. :v:

No limit on length. Just limit on checkpoints. 68.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

ijyt posted:

Make a holding crew so that people waiting for the main crew can at least crew up together, maybe?

Also what about people (like me) that switch between friend crews, other forum crews and LLJK?

I did think about making WEZL a holding crew but I didn't think it was worth it for 12 hours, but people are welcome to request to be put in the holding crew.

Regarding people who like to switch between crews if you let me know your social club name I'll put you on a whitelist for the upcoming cull(s).

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
"Let me have 100% this time then we do it again and you guys get 35% and i get 0"

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Slim Killington posted:

I wish I could lose guns. I hate that dropping them isn't permanent. I never wanted a vintage pistol, for example, and the game gave me one when I moved over to PC. I don't want to tab through all this bullshit in a car, and I don't ever want any rifle other than one. You should be able to set defaults for the weapon wheel and in the car, it's probably my biggest Online gripe.

Wait, I dropped a number of my weapons when I found I didn't want them anymore, and they stay gone. Are you dropping them inside of missions or something? In fact, I don't think that matters. I think I dropped my heavy pistol when I wasn't using it anymore, though I'm thinking of getting it back and dropping my regular pistol instead.

Or you might accidentally be picking them up again and you don't notice it. Maybe it's a PC thing...

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Could be a PC thing, but I was dropping them right outside my apartment. It makes a pretty obvious reload noise when you pick one back up. I went to AmmuNation and everything afterwards, and verified they were purchasable. The minute I went into a mission/heist/whatever, I had them all back when I came back out again.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Slim Killington posted:

Could be a PC thing, but I was dropping them right outside my apartment. It makes a pretty obvious reload noise when you pick one back up. I went to AmmuNation and everything afterwards, and verified they were purchasable. The minute I went into a mission/heist/whatever, I had them all back when I came back out again.

I'll log on again in 10 minutes to verify if my unwanted guns still remembered the message. If so, then it's a PC thing and is another thing to add to the list of things R* needs to fix.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

"You were denied enter privileges to GTAV"

Guess I won't be on mumble. I'll just listen to regular chat instead.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Maybe it's because I smell bad but any time I play online, my city drops to around 6 players pretty quickly and then I am often alone with maybe a single other person joining and mostly going afk.

poo poo is annoying when you want to ramage.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

geeves posted:

"You were denied enter privileges to GTAV"

Guess I won't be on mumble. I'll just listen to regular chat instead.

right click your name at the top and hit "register"

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Powershift posted:

right click your name at the top and hit "register"

Did that first thing. Still nothing.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Alright, I just checked, the guns I dropped are all dropped. Your problem must be an issue with the PC version.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Stupid question: do I need to buy a hangar to own aircraft, similar to SP? I'm itching to reign terror from the skies.

Where do the planes get stored?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

hellfaucet posted:

Stupid question: do I need to buy a hangar to own aircraft, similar to SP? I'm itching to reign terror from the skies.

In the great void. You call Pegasus via your phone, a menu appears and you select the vehicle you want delivered. The selected vehicle will then be delivered to the nearest airport, helipad, dock or land vehicle drop-off point.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

hellfaucet posted:

No, as you can't buy a hangar. When you buy aircraft, you call Pegasus on your phone and they deliver it to a suitable landing pad or airport vaguely near you that you have to drive to. Same goes for nearly all the vehicles on Warstock Cache And Carry

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nintendo Kid posted:

No, as you can't buy a hangar. When you buy aircraft, you call Pegasus on your phone and they deliver it to a suitable landing pad or airport vaguely nowhere near you that you have to drive to. Same goes for nearly all the vehicles on Warstock Cache And Carry

Gotta correct this, don't get the guys' hopes up.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It sucks that you can't keep the Winnebago in your garage and customize it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
What the northern shandy shores spot they deliver to besides grape and sandy shores airport for non airplane vehicles. (say tank)? I'm still unsure if I don't want one.

• Locked thread