Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Glazius posted:

Whatever could someone who shouldn't exist be doing in the underworld?

Wrong underworld. :v:

This game actually shows off one of the funnier parts of Touhou. We have one group heading towards the Netherworld (with one of the members being from another afterlife) while the other group explored a completely different (and former) realm of the dead.

And that's not even all of them, there's still Actual Hell.

Nages posted:

Mima is powerful in many ways and it is unwise to disrespect her.

Tell that to Sanbondo, Mima got robbed in the big FMW3 patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

BlitzBlast posted:

And that's not even all of them, there's still Actual Hell.

There's also Heaven.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Nages posted:

Mima is powerful in many ways and it is unwise to disrespect her.

The only thing powerful about Mima is her theme song. The rest of her should be forgotten.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

BlitzBlast posted:

Tell that to Sanbondo, Mima got robbed in the big FMW3 patch.

Robbed as in going from the absolute best unit in the game to merely being as good as Yuuka and Reimu.

KnoxZone posted:

The only thing powerful about Mima is her theme song. The rest of her should be forgotten.

You will rue the day you said these words.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Shinki deserves to be brought back before Mima. Mima doesn't have sweet Devil Wings, and also isn't Satan.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

This is what it feels like to read a SRW LP without having watched a single Gundam series other than Wing or G, isn't it?

I thought the scene was cool and Subterranean Animism (which I know jack poo poo about) looks very interesting and the antagonists seem pretty menacing by Touhou standards. You three are doing an awesome job with this LP, it is pretty neat to see it transform into a translation patch and get a look inside the .dat files while at it.

The faster pace has been doing a very good job building hype too.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Shinki deserves to be brought back before Mima. Mima doesn't have sweet Devil Wings, and also isn't Satan.

No character can have a (-n onscreen) parent.

Which includes adoptive ones, I guess.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

GimmickMan posted:

This is what it feels like to read a SRW LP without having watched a single Gundam series other than Wing or G, isn't it?

I thought the scene was cool and Subterranean Animism (which I know jack poo poo about) looks very interesting and the antagonists seem pretty menacing by Touhou standards. You three are doing an awesome job with this LP, it is pretty neat to see it transform into a translation patch and get a look inside the .dat files while at it.

Out of curiosity, how much does it make sense?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
The only thing unauthentic about this chapter is Marisa being scared by a stage 4 boss.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Decoy Badger posted:

The only thing unauthentic about this chapter is Marisa being scared by a stage 4 boss.

A stage 4 boss that's way higher level than she is right now, and gets auto-Alert every turn. Blitz and I discussed this: Marisa would get totally wrecked by Satori if she tried to fight her right now.

Reimu would win though.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Clarste posted:

A stage 4 boss that's way higher level than she is right now, and gets auto-Alert every turn. Blitz and I discussed this: Marisa would get totally wrecked by Satori if she tried to fight her right now.

Reimu would win though.

Clearly what she needs to do is run in with a super to eat the Alert and then think really hard about that one time she got clipped by icicle fall [easy].

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Clarste posted:

Out of curiosity, how much does it make sense?

Enough, at least by anime/SRW storytelling standards. It is just strange to be on the side that doesn't know the broad strokes of the story and characters to guess at what is going to happen next for once. :v:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Clarste posted:

Reimu would win though.

Yeah, Satori has an ability that's basically ghetto-Shrine Maiden, and combined with her level her Hit/Evade rates would be off the charts. You'd have to spam Strike to get through, and at this point in the game almost everyone with that spirit (or Sense/Attune) is on Reimu's path.

It's like how everyone just let Suwako go back in 13R, because even though she was a joke in this game, she'd stomp all over the entire crew as they were in FMW1.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Menu patch v0.1 is done!

Not everything could be translated in data5.dat without access to the .exe, but I'm pretty sure we got enough stuff that the game is playable. Next up is all of the names in data4.dat.

Also I checked the wiki and found out the official translation for "Underground" is the "Underworld", so I changed all of that.

------

This time the chapter starts in Shou's daydreams.

Full Text

quote:

I really messed up with Hijiri and the others.

quote:

Animal Trail
Music: Secret Mission!

Full Text

quote:

Yukari is still asleep, so Chen and I are in charge of making sure nothing goes wrong.

------

quote:

Encounter

Nazrin posted:

We came all this way chasing a rare reading, but...
This just looks like an abandoned village.

Yeah, I think so too. It's nearly as empty as our temple.

Chen posted:

So how are all of you Mayohiga folks doing?
Oh? Someone's over there.

It's a rat! What are you doing in our village?!

Your village? This run down old dump?

Yeah, Mayohiga is our turf! Me and the other cats!

It sounds like we're getting the way of something, Nazrin. Let's just back down and go home.

Look carefully, master. She and a few of her followers are bakeneko.

Don't mind us, we're just here to check if there's anything worth taking.

I can't let a rat make fun of me! It'll set a bad example for the other cats! You won't get away now!

Well, that could have gone better. Isn't this just great, now we have to chase off a cat.

Ran posted:

So Chen, how were your servants doing?

Oh, Miss Ran!

...! A golden haired, nine-tailed fox?!

What would the highest class of beast youkai be doing here?

Listen to this, those two are trying to invade my village!

Hmm, so the opponents are a rat and a tiger. Both youkai, of course.

It's not right to trespass on the territory of others. I'd expect better from high class youkai like you.

No, I'm not really-

In our defence, we just got here. And we haven't stolen anything.

But Miss Ran, she made fun of me! Please let me beat her and look cool in front of the other cats!

...I see. That's reason enough to fight. If you have trouble with the tiger, I'll lend a hand.

That also could have gone better. You haven't fought in a while, master. Are you ready for this?

Let's just fight 'em, find a chance to run, and book it.

Y-yes!

quote:

Victory: Defeat Chen.
Defeat: Nazrin or Shou are defeated.

Another new map. Sadly, there's nothing special about this one.

It's actually possible to battle Ran here, but good luck killing her in three turns with two stock characters.

Speaking of that, like always Nazrin and Shou are completely unprepared for Lunatic enemies. This gives me two options.

Either I bunker down on terrain and desperately save scum my way through three painful, painful turns,

or I grow a brain and just move the two out of most of the enemy's targeting range.

No prizes for guessing which I did on my first Lunatic run.

Most of the enemies will just sit around and twiddle their thumbs until turn three, where they'll start zooming in. Not that it matters, because a cutscene starts on turn 4.

This is bad. I thought we'd have a chance to escape by now.

What now, Nazrin? We're losing ground here.

Watch me, Miss Ran. I can win this!

That's a good attitude, Chen. But don't get careless. Beast youkai only show their true strength when cornered.

Ngh...

Oh?

Zenki and Goki spawn in. Zenki in particular heads over to Ran.

What, is that one of her friends too?

What are you doing here, Zenki?

What?! They went underground?!

?

Miss Ran, what's wrong?

There's been an emergency. I have to go now. It's a bit sudden, but you'll be fine on your own, right?

Clarste posted:

Even in Reimu's route, Marisa's story is more important...

Hokuto posted:

Poor Reimu.
What? Of course! I'll do my best!

That's what I like to hear. Just in case though, I'll leave Zenki and Goki with you, to help out.

Ran leaves.

What's going on? Why's she leaving?

Who cares? This is great. We can lose a bakeneko, no problem.

Grr... as soon as Miss Ran leaves you start making fun of me again! I'm no ordinary cat youkai, I'm Miss Ran's shikigami!

Wait, a shikigami?

Cue the party.

Sanae posted:

Wow, amazing! It's a real ghost town!

Someone's fighting here though. I could see the danmaku from far away.

So there's a rat, a cat, and... is that a tiger? Is this some kind of catfight?

Wh-what? Who are you people?

Oh, it's those humans again.

Reimu! That's the rat from last time!

Huh. What's she doing here?

So you two know the rat youkai?

Yes, she's a burglar who stole some food from Kourindou when I was visiting.

She got away though. Never thought we'd meet her again.

A burglar?! Nazrin would never stoop so low!

It's true, master. We've been running really low on food this year.

No, how could you?

So what do we do? I'd like to continue the investigation, but can we really just leave them alone?

I follow a simple policy: if I see a youkai, I beat it up.

(Good grief, this is a pickle. I'll have to talk my way out of this.)

Everyone, you're going about this all wrong.

Huh? What do you mean?!

You're all trying to stop the endless winter, am I right? In that case, why worry about a single thief when that should be your top priority?

I mean, if you don't, then people and youkai are just gonna get hungry and repeat the same mistakes.

I understand what you're saying, but...

But that won't change the fact that you're a scoundrel.

C'mon, don't say that, we're trying to get to the bottom of this incident too.

We are?

Y-you are?!

That's right. In other words, we're on the same side.

Uh, I'm not so sure your companion there agrees.

Sure she does. Isn't that right, master?

Ah, yes, what she said.

No she isn't! She never said anything like that before you got here!

Hmm, then let's hear your side of this too.

So what are these two really up to?

Uh, I don't know... But they barged into my village and said mean things to me...

*sigh* That doesn't help at all.

Time's up. Let's just beat up a youkai already!

We appreciate your cooperation. Let's exterminate this cat youkai together.

N-no, she's lying! I'm telling you she's lying! Waaaah! Miss Raaaaan!

And thus our heroes decided to stop the investigation to end the eternal winter and go beat up a cat.

quote:

Victory: Defeat Chen.
Defeat: All allies are defeated.
Bonus: End the chapter within four turns of Reimu's team's arrival.

Music: Brain of Steel

Nothing fancy here, I just murder everything on my way to Chen.

Any more will be dangerous. I'm going to go look for somewhere safe.

I'm sorry, it seems they've hit my limbs.

It's a pretty good idea to let Nazrin and Shou die so Chen will focus on the main party.

Oh, cat ears.

Huh, what about them?

Oh, nothing! It's just, I think they look kind of cute.

Music: Orange Fancy

Chen is not getting hit without Strike.

Also Zenki and Goki decided to suicide themselves on Reimu.

...!

...!

Everyone casts Strike, then unloads on Chen.

Ah, were there houses in a place like this?

This is the village of the cats, Mayohiga. Once you wander in, you can't leave.

Mayohiga, huh? I've heard that items from Mayohiga will make you lucky if you take them home. In that case, let the plundering begin immediately!

I've just been having Reimu and Momiji burn through their MP on finishers.

You're surprisingly well-dressed for a bakeneko.

I'm out with Miss Ran today, so she made sure I look my best. Getting combed feels pretty nice.

...Ran? Who's that?

Not only does Shizuha have Attune to help other people hit, but she has Alert so she can safely start Support Attacks. She is a helpful character.

Excuse me, I believe you might have something to do with this incident. I'd like to talk, do you know why spring is being gathered?

I dunno anything about that. But the cats are all running out of food, so...

*sigh* I suppose there's no point trying to be roundabout.

Chen doesn't hit that hard, so in hindsight casting Guard was kind of overkill.

Oh yeah, boss stats. Man, I almost never remember these.

Fighting a child makes me uneasy, but I suppose there's no choice.

So after the rat is another beast to fight... I'm so lucky! In Mayohiga, I'm much stronger than any stray dog.

...Let me say one thing. I'm a wolf.

There goes the first lifebar.

Grr... I can't let them beat me here.

This cat is tougher than I thought.

Don't let your guard down. When it comes to beast youkai, this is when they bare their fangs.

How do you mean?

Well, she belongs to the class of youkai that used to be regular animals. As such, in addition to having high physical abilities, they sometimes reveal unpredictable bursts of power when cornered.

If she used to be an animal, does that make her uncivilized?

How rude, plenty of respectable youkai used to be animals too.

I told Miss Ran that I'd do my best. I won't let any stupid humans beat me!

quote:

Bakeneko "Chen"

This effect would be annoying if everyone still didn't have at least one more Strike.

Double Image is a generic Private Square. It's some flat percentage chance of automatically dodging an attack.

Chen's spellcard owns, by the way. It even has an adorable miss animation.

Here's what Double Image looks like.

So these are real cat ears... just what I'd expect from Gensokyo.

The ears over there and the ones over here... which ones are the real one? Can you hear through them?

...Huh?

Or maybe you're hiding your ears behind all that hair...

Huh? What?

Music: Proof of the Wind's Bond

Man, I could not have picked a worse screen cap.

Youkai on the level of bakeneko or baketanuki aren't very interesti- hm?

What's wrong? Oh, are you scared?

...No, must have been my imagination. For a second there I felt the remnants of a strong spiritual power.

One more Rabies Bite from Momiji (whose finisher theme I only just learned was based off the GunXSword OP),

and Chen's at low enough health for Reimu to easily finish off. I would have preferred Keine, but she was out of SP.

Miss Ran, I'm soooooorryyyyy!

Chen apparently drops one of her tails, which boosts mobility by 10.

:toot:

Whew, we finally beat her.

She was pretty fast! I don't think I could beat her at tag.

That rat looks pretty good at running too.

I prefer to consider myself resourceful. Don't lump me in with her.

But what was that girl trying to do, anyway? It sounded like she was trying to please her master.

Well, there's that too, but first, can we ask you something?

What? You mean me?

You two were investigating the incident, right? So why don't we share information?

Y-yes, of course. About that, well...

L-let's see, uh, Nazrin?

Oh yeah, I guess we did say that. We don't know much, but let's talk.

------

Hmm, so this time autumn was in a place like this....

Minoriko, I found you!

You can't get away!

Eh? What are you two doing? Why are you suddenly surrounding me-

*squeeze*

*squeeze*

What's going on? Why are you squishing me!?

But why...? Why do I feel... happy!?

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 30, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

quote:

Animal Trail
Music: Border of Regular and Irregular Days

Full Text

quote:

Okay, off to stage 4!

------

Nazrin
Personality: Cautious (Kill: +4, Evade: +3, Ally Killed: +1, Graze: +2)
Personal Skills: Rat Bite (An attacked enemy will take +10% damage for a turn, limited uses), Clever Commander (SP costs -10%), Cornered Rat (Ignores size differences during damage calculations)
Spirits: Scan, Focus, Alert, Trust (25)

If Nazrin were a 1.5 she'd be amazing, but as a 2.0 she's kind of just there. Her small size means that without Cornered Rat she won't be doing too much damage, but Clever Commander and Rat Bite are both so good that it's kind of tough giving them up. Rat Bite is probably the best status effect in the game, so it's a shame you only get it so late. She makes a good Support Attacker, so good thing she starts with the skill.
Ignore Size is a separate skill in FMW3, so Nazrin is much more useful there. Clever Commander's effect was also changed to reducing Focus' cost to 10 SP, which is pretty crazy.

All Attacks
Battle theme: A Simple Family Unaffected by Rust (A Tiny, Tiny, Clever Commander)

Shou Toramaru
Personality: Strong-willed (Hit: +1, Kill: +4, Get Hit: +1, Ally Killed: +1, Graze: +1)
Personal Skills: Dazzling Gold (Gain 15% more Points), Protection of Bishamonten (at 120+ Power, x1.1 damage dealt)
Spirits: Luck, Strike, Grit

Despite her anemic moveset, Shou is actually pretty drat good. She does solid damage, tanks well enough with Grit, has Strike for the dodgier opponents, and can either be specced to rake in the cash or just do more damage. I'd say she's the overall best 2.0.
Protection of Bishamonten is basically Ryoma's Ace Bonus, so I hope that when Shou gets the Pagoda she goes full Getter. Altron is also acceptable.

All Attacks
Battle theme: The Scorching Heat's Hungry Tiger (The Tiger-Patterned Bishamonten)

Chen
All Attacks

------

Oh huh, you stopped playing. Okay, take five!

Huh? What happened to Akyuu? Well the MC this time is us, the Prismrivers. Were you shocked?

You guys are crazy lucky, getting to come to our live concert like this.

...Our performance has yet to start. We'll be heating things up from here.

Okay then, this is the Phantom Ensemble's Special Live: "Cherry Blossom Barrier Above the Clouds Part 1". I hope you enjoy it to the end.

------

Available cost: 26.0

Available units:
Reimu
Marisa
Alice
Sakuya
Meiling
Keine
Mokou
Komachi
Patchouli
FA Nitori
Sanae
Aya
Momiji

Cirno
Elly
Kurumi
Nitori
Koakuma
Minoriko
Shizuha
Hina
Letty
Nazrin
Shou
(Lily White is forced.)

Rumia
Daiyousei
(The Three Fairies are forced.)

Marisa and Alice are forced, blah blah blah. You have 21.0.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 29, 2015

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder
Right let's just get this out of the way.

Kurumi, your best friend, leaving 19.0

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Letty for 17.0

Poor Chen

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Rumia 15.5

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
Daiyousei Leaving 14.0

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

BlitzBlast posted:

One more Rabies Bite from Momiji (whose finisher theme I only just learned was based off the GunXSword OP)

I'm telling you man, you really need to watch it.

Anyway, Sakuya for 11.5

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Oh hey I'm time to vote.

Meiling, leaving us at 9.0

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Koakuma, so that's 7.0 left. I want to see that combination attack, so someone should vote for Patchouli.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Its been a while since we saw them do anything so I'll go ahead and toss in Patchouli leaving 4.5

Also Nazrin is great. :allears:

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Mokou because someone in this party needs pants. 2.0 left.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Can't vote for sunny, but all the training will finally pay off, bring Shou to complete your roster.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I still haven't found a doujin/fanfic/fangame where Chen has her in-game personality.

Oh well.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Are the events of Silent Sinner in Blue ever done up in these, or will that be in the fourth game, now?

With a buffed Reisen. :v:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Gamerofthegame posted:

Are the events of Silent Sinner in Blue ever done up in these, or will that be in the fourth game, now?

The answer to that is:

In FMW3.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Hellioning posted:

I still haven't found a doujin/fanfic/fangame where Chen has her in-game personality.

Oh well.

It's just not as funny. v:v:v

Also shame on you guys for not following the thread title. Now Reimu can only solo everything and end the chapter ASAP on Lunatic.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Gah, I knew that if I went to sleep early, no one would vote for Nazrin.

GimmickMan posted:

Also Nazrin is great. :allears:

Yes she is, so why didn't you vote for her?

Anyway, these chapters clearly demonstrate that the plot of PCB is kind of boring compared to SA and UFO, or at least that the writers feel like they can do more with those.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Clarste posted:

Gah, I knew that if I went to sleep early, no one would vote for Nazrin.

Yes she is, so why didn't you vote for her?

Anyway, these chapters clearly demonstrate that the plot of PCB is kind of boring compared to SA and UFO, or at least that the writers feel like they can do more with those.

The plot of SA hasn't started. Sanae hasn't even had the brilliant idea that set SA off yet. She hasn't even met the character that gives her the idea.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The plot of UFO hasn't started yet either. We're still just establishing the backstories for both.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 25, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think this might be spoilers isn't it? Because that's not how SA goes down in the regular games.

I can totally understand UFO being more interesting than PCB, though. Because it is really the only game where just about every character involved actually has a big connection to the incident of the game. Only Kogasa is really left out. Basically all of PCB's "story" is done in stages 5-6, which is kind of the way it usually goes in the games. Also going back to UFO, what they're doing with Shou seems pretty strange to me because I don't remember anything that suggests she had a hand in or feels responsible for Byakuren getting captured. It seems a little out of left field.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

BlitzBlast posted:

It's just not as funny. v:v:v

Also shame on you guys for not following the thread title. Now Reimu can only solo everything and end the chapter ASAP on Lunatic.

Let's Play Fantasy Maiden Wars P - Just use the Three Fairies of Light

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think this might be spoilers isn't it? Because that's not how SA goes down in the regular games.

Honestly, I have no idea what he's talking about either.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I can totally understand UFO being more interesting than PCB, though. Because it is really the only game where just about every character involved actually has a big connection to the incident of the game. Only Kogasa is really left out. Basically all of PCB's "story" is done in stages 5-6, which is kind of the way it usually goes in the games. Also going back to UFO, what they're doing with Shou seems pretty strange to me because I don't remember anything that suggests she had a hand in or feels responsible for Byakuren getting captured. It seems a little out of left field.

The writers here are focusing on the implied guilt that Shou had for never trying to help Byakuren. Remember, Shou waited like a thousand years doing nothing, but UFO still didn't happen until Murasa and the others were released. It's no stretch to imagine that she feels bad for playing human/avatar while all her friends get attacked by an angry mob.

Edit: Of course, this is all just a giant lead-in up to her inevitable pre-spellcard speech for "Absolute Justice".

Clarste fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Apr 25, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

The writers here are focusing on the implied guilt that Shou had for never trying to help Byakuren. Remember, Shou waited like a thousand years doing nothing, but UFO still didn't happen until Murasa and the others were released. It's no stretch to imagine that she feels bad for playing human/avatar while all her friends get attacked by an angry mob.

Edit: Of course, this is all just a giant lead-in up to her inevitable pre-spellcard speech for "Absolute Justice".

Yeah, I get the guilt but this whole "justice" thing is pretty weird with it's only basis being a spellcard name. I guess the thing that confuses me most is that she's portrayed as being in a position of power where she could have stopped Byakuren's imprisonment rather than being at a similar level to everyone else but not being an angry Youkai, so she doesn't get sent to hell.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Well, the whole theme of UFO is "youkai are actually being oppressed by humanity! the heroes are the bad guys!" so questioning the idea of justice just makes sense to me.

The other details are just embellishment to make the whole thing as dramatic as possible, but I don't really mind. In some ways that's their entire job here: to turn vague Touhou stories into actual dramatic stories with character arcs and stuff. And, Shou is a respectable avatar of Bishamonten, so why not?

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Settings and Extra Story.txt posted:

When Byakuren was sealed away, she was completely focused on carrying out her duties as Bishamonten.
She kept the fact that she was a youkai a secret from humans.
She had her regrets about this, but it would have been self-destructive to reveal her true identity.

It's played up a bit for drama, but it's a perfectly valid depiction.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Also I feel like the writers saw that Shou used a spear, then made the appropriate Gundam connection.

:byodood: JUSTICE... I WILL DETERMINE JUSTICEEEEEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Golden Battler posted:

It's played up a bit for drama, but it's a perfectly valid depiction.

Huh, guess my lore knowledge isn't as good as I thought. That's a pretty logical development for her.

I still say the justice thing is weird though. But if they go all in for it I hope they use Sanae B's response to Byakuren's speech about how humans are the real evil, which is basically "What? That's stupid. Youkai are obviously oppressing humans. I'm going to beat you up."

• Locked thread