Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Akion posted:

Steal cars on the street and sell them at LS Customs. You can only do this once every 45 minutes.

Best ones to steal are the Oracle, Sentinel, or the Land Rover.

The Hummer look alike (the patriot) is also decent too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nintendo Kid posted:

The Hummer look alike (the patriot) is also decent too.

green customized cars appear in grove street too, they sell for $9-12k.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Ya'll mofos should use steam to send a notice about group events :sigh:

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
What do you get for doing flight school? I'm level 40 and mastered flying before it was put in the game, saw it when I got the PC version but have not bothered to try it out

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
It pays decently.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

kloa posted:

Ya'll mofos should use steam to send a notice about group events :sigh:

Not everyone uses steam but we all post in this thread.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah I'm curious about that too. I had Simeon text me a list of cars he wanted, but after I delivered one of them to his dockside warehouse the text msg list went away and I never received any new ones. :(

I've mostly been wandering around aimlessly, mostly in passive mode since being non-passive usually results in random people killing me for little reason other than to amuse themselves I guess. My only major money and ranks have come from flight school. And all the mission texts I get are deathmatches and stuff and I'd rather do cooperative stuff at first till I got some gear and know wtf I'm doing.

Yep.. right there with you. Really not sure what all the fuss is about. If I had a tight crew of friends playing, I'm sure it would be entertaining, but it's way too loving random right now. Some prick with an armored supercar and a rocket launcher just wants to blast me while driving down the road. I've even had people follow me while I'm in passive just trying to hurt me in some way.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

So here's what happened during the great highway run. The first try failed because we weren't correctly assembled.

Someone recorded this right? You better have some of it recorded at least.

Speaking of here's a video where my friend got his car stuck while trying to enter the airport.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cni6KN5ZD5s

Also here's another where RadValtar flattens said friend with expert timing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT8vVt1v7dU

And here's this dumb thing from when I still had voice recording enabled and my friend decided to claim my bounty last minute, also there's some weird cloud glitching going on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kc7Zu3LRRE

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Chasers gives out a crapton of RP and cash for what is five minutes of work with good aim.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah I'm curious about that too. I had Simeon text me a list of cars he wanted, but after I delivered one of them to his dockside warehouse the text msg list went away and I never received any new ones. :(
You're supposed to get a new one every 24 hours (whether you completed it or not; my last list went through about four iterations). That's weird you haven't gotten another.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Mr.Gorha posted:

What's the current ps4 goon squad? I play in a small crew of personal friends since weazle and mountain crew are dead but want more than two folk to play with.

It's LLJK which may or may not be full right now. We're apparently using WEZL as an overflow, check the goon crew thread to learn more.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Funky Valentine posted:

Chasers gives out a crapton of RP and cash for what is five minutes of work with good aim.

You're supposed to get a new one every 24 hours (whether you completed it or not; my last list went through about four iterations). That's weird you haven't gotten another.

Does he send a text on a list? One time I did get a random car showing up as an objective on the map, but I never saw a message about it (if it was just one of the quick pop-ups I might've missed it while alt-tabbed). I ended up not grabbing the car though as I accidentally hit a street cop on the way there that started a merry chase that ended with my trying to hide, on foot, under a bridge and a cop came around the corner and immediately shotgunned my rear end. Apparently I have like, 1 HP. :v:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
When does the car thing kick in though? I haven't gotten poo poo from him. All I have on my map are races and death matches, I don't have any other missions. I'm rank 4 or something, so is there a rank or something I have to hit? Do I just need to grind out last places in races before I can get to whatever level they decide fun should happen at?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is there any trick to recognizing the cars on Simeon's list? Do you just have to memorize what certain cars look like so you can pluck them off the street if/when you see them?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

net cafe scandal posted:

Is there any trick to recognizing the cars on Simeon's list? Do you just have to memorize what certain cars look like so you can pluck them off the street if/when you see them?

Yep. The exception is that he occasionally has a "Special Export" car that is marked on your map.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

For me they're usually parked on the side of roads and getting into them gives you 2 stars instantly :v:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The customisation spreadsheet is now up to date. Please let me now if there are any mistakes or anything missing.

:siren: http://tinyurl.com/GTA-Online-Car-Mods :siren:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ran into another cheater, even doing it more "subtly" it's super obvious. the vehicle hops forward in steps instead of driving forward.

He took off right as the count started, and was faster with 11 wins in a sabre than a fully modded blade.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Akion posted:

Yep. The exception is that he occasionally has a "Special Export" car that is marked on your map.

Daztek posted:

For me they're usually parked on the side of roads and getting into them gives you 2 stars instantly :v:

NNghhh. Alright. What do you get for completing the list for that day?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Powershift posted:

Ran into another cheater, even doing it more "subtly" it's super obvious. the vehicle hops forward in steps instead of driving forward.

He took off right as the count started, and was faster with 11 wins in a sabre than a fully modded blade.

I'm pretty certain I came across two of them over the past couple of nights as well. Normally I would chalk it up to lag, but his blue dot kept making huge leaps and on the expanded map it's really noticeable. The other was that JuanCarlos guy in that race with you, me and Zigmidge. The guy slams into a rock right in front of me and respawns, just a few seconds later he's already in first place (and you and Zig were ahead of me).

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

net cafe scandal posted:

Yeah, you just kind of memorize them. I personally don't bother with his poo poo unless an F620 is one of the requests, because that's a $12k return and there's always one parked at the lower Del Perro pier parking lot when he requests it.

It's not a list you complete, you can deliver one car from the list he asks for and that's it for the day. So you want to deliver the one worth the most. There's a table of Simeon's requested vehicle values:

http://gta.wikia.com/Simeon_Car_Export_Requests#Cars_Requested

So if there's not at least one $9k+ car in the daily request, I don't bother.

edit: wrong price

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 22, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Patriot's like $9000-$10,000 when it's a simeon car.

titties
May 10, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

NNghhh. Alright. What do you get for completing the list for that day?

Probably nothing except the money for each export. You pay a few hundred to repaint it, then you have to drive it all the way across town and you get like $5 -12k depending on the car. The list changes if / when you change sessions, which would make it hard to complete the list since you'll probably be forced to change sessions because please return to GTA V and try again later.

Most of us don't bother with them unless it's to mine / sticky the drop-off point and piss off low-level pubbies.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Nintendo Kid posted:

Patriot's like $9000-$10,000 when it's a simeon car.

When it's the high-priority yeah, not when it's one of the daily export requests.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Alright, gently caress it then. thank youuu

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Its a shame that stealing cars in this game called "Grand Theft Auto" isn't really worth it. :v:

Then again, thats true in basically any GTA game.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Slim Killington posted:

When it's the high-priority yeah, not when it's one of the daily export requests.

No, I've gotten that for it as a regular export request.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Its a shame that stealing cars in this game called "Grand Theft Auto" isn't really worth it. :v:

Then again, thats true in basically any GTA game.

Grand are you sure you want to purchase this AUTO doesn't have the same ring to it

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Someone found a way on PC to change your appearance after the change during transfer and after the "do you want to change your character's appearance, this is the only opportunity to do so". It requires a level 6+ alternate that hasn't done the latter appearance change. It makes to pull out your network cable when it asks you the question for your alt to make it think you're trying to change your main character's appearance after you reconnect. You'll lose any saved outfits after this (I recreated my saved outfits after the transfer didn't move them, but this second change also removed them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxOpP1uw9Js

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
Trying to get into the mumble to play with PC bro's but it keeps saying im denied access to the channel. What do I need to do to be cool?

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Is there any downside to putting off-road tires on my Sultan? I seem to handle grass and dirt a lot better without much of a change in the city, but I'm suspecting that might just be placebo.

titties
May 10, 2012

HiriseSoftware posted:

Someone found a way on PC to change your appearance after the change during transfer and after the "do you want to change your character's appearance, this is the only opportunity to do so". It requires a level 6+ alternate that hasn't done the latter appearance change. It makes to pull out your network cable when it asks you the question for your alt to make it think you're trying to change your main character's appearance after you reconnect. You'll lose any saved outfits after this (I recreated my saved outfits after the transfer didn't move them, but this second change also removed them)

It still worked on PS3 / PS4 as of a month ago too, just replace "pull out network cable" with "sign out of PSN".

ellbent posted:

Is there any downside to putting off-road tires on my Sultan? I seem to handle grass and dirt a lot better without much of a change in the city, but I'm suspecting that might just be placebo.

No downside. BitBasher posits that the offroad tires have realistic physics and provide more cushion between rubber and rim which makes them handle curbs and stuff better.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

geeves posted:

I'm pretty certain I came across two of them over the past couple of nights as well. Normally I would chalk it up to lag, but his blue dot kept making huge leaps and on the expanded map it's really noticeable. The other was that JuanCarlos guy in that race with you, me and Zigmidge. The guy slams into a rock right in front of me and respawns, just a few seconds later he's already in first place (and you and Zig were ahead of me).

Yeah, he did seem a little quicker than he should have been, but his vehicle didn't hop like the other cheats i've seen.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

geeves posted:

Ah man I thought something was up with that guy. I'd be involved in wrecks with him and he'd still finish 1st in a game with catchups turned off.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Brotein_Shake posted:

Trying to get into the mumble to play with PC bro's but it keeps saying im denied access to the channel. What do I need to do to be cool?

You've got to register yourself to that server (Go to 'Self -> Register' in the top menu), which basically just locks you in to that name you chose, before it'll let you into any channels.

Mr.Gorha
Jul 27, 2005

Have a nice day.
There are two ways of selling cars. First is to sell any vehicle you find (except utility, cops etc or personal cars) to any mod shop. Can be done once every game day (~50min).

The other is the simeon list, to be sold at the docks. Usually pays out more aslong as you don't ruin the car on the way, but this can only be done once every actual 24 hours.

If anyone wants to join my uk ps4 crew for heistings, send me a psn request to MrGorha. Mention youre a goon though, or I'll ignore it.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

HiriseSoftware posted:

I like the part where he never says to plug the cable back in. magic internet connection

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I've been spreading the word about being able to go to your garage to get a car during the pacific standard heist ever since it was first posted here. last night i joined the heist via a random pubbie's invite, and they were discussing strategy on how to handle the money afterwards. One of them pipes up about how last time he did it some guy came and rescued him and his crew with his kuruma and so they should make the people with armored cars in their garage the money handlers... ive never been so proud in my life because i was the guy who rescued him.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I wish the Phoenix in this game looked and drove more like it did in San Andreas and Vice City. Seems like it was like one of the best cars in terms of speed, acceleration, handling in those games. Now it feels like it has been relegated to "cool but mediocre old car" status. I guess it makes sense, though, considering the timeskip.

I feel like it looked better in the old games too with the lower polycount, interestingly enough.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 22, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I figured it out

:jihad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

I figured it out

:jihad:

Clipping be damned, they need to make it a normal feature of the game, poo poo looks great.

• Locked thread