Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!
It snowed yesterday. If the planet is getting warmer, how could it snow in late April?

Checkmate scietists, now let me frack more coal out of the ground to power my hummer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
:firstpost:

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
even though global temps have gone up, 80% of the world's wealth is concentrated in areas that have experienced global cooling :spooky:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
"all inclimate weather, no matter when it occurs, is proof of climate change"
-every dingus I know

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
better call it climate change

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

republicans posted:

we dont need new laws protecting environment because it hurt my bottom line profits

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
differences between carbon credits and indulgences:

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
The end of the world is a 4th quarter problem. Right now my problem is figuring out what to do with all this money!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
its not a lie, the globes median temperature gets warmer and colder based on external forces not anything mankind is doing. its a logical fallacy and a strawman. i think it also speaks to mankinds overestimation of his importance in the universe, which could be considered ad hominem in some circles. but not with the chicks i gently caress.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
It's not global warming, it's climate change.

Pox
Feb 16, 2015
The scientists should get their heads out of there drat beakers for once and go outside

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
But how will I make millions from Big Green lobbyists?

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

it's all part of a byzantine LIEberal plot to make America faggy

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The only way to stop global warming is having our politicians create legislation that nickels and dimes you. USD solves global warming.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

lol i bet you jerked off to this didn't you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E0a_60PMR8

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
It took many millions if not outright billions of years to pull carbon dioxide out of the air and sequester it into the ground. We've spent the past 200 or so years burning that sequestered carbon dioxide and dumping it back into the atmosphere. If that spells out a good thing for the environment to you, then your parents were brother and sister.

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!

thunderspanks posted:

:fap:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
It's not global warming, it's Jesus hugging the Earth.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

thunderspanks posted:

i want to believe politicians are knowledgeable but conniving and power hungry and playing to a base but this guy really is just a giant retard

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
its solar winds

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Norway was 73F yesterday, global warming seems real enough to me

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

i want to believe politicians are knowledgeable but conniving and power hungry and playing to a base but this guy really is just a giant retard

dude 95% of them are giant retards doing whatever their staff tells them to do.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

dude 95% of them are giant retards doing whatever their staff tells them to do.

i wouldnt mind seeing some "staff" if you know what i mean

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

"all inclimate weather, no matter when it occurs, is proof of climate change"
-every dingus I know

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
global warming is a lie pollution has no effect whatsoever

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!

error1 posted:

Norway was 73F yesterday, global warming seems real enough to me

Europe is full of flaming gays though, so that's why its hot there.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Roargasm posted:

even though global temps have gone up, 80% of the world's wealth is concentrated in areas that have experienced global cooling :spooky:

This is because the developed world moved all of its pollution to 3rd world countries where its out of sight out of mind.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Mad Monk posted:

It's not global warming, it's Jesus farting on the Earth.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A whole lot of posting pollution going on here.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my state is having a multi-year historical drought and on top of that every summer has been slightly hotter than the ones before it for the last 3-4 years

I just love the people who go 'nothing humans do can have any effect.' Like fine we can disagree on the degree of the effect but how much of a buttfucking idiot do you have to be to say humans have no effect on the environment?

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
If global warming science is so "settled", why did global warming stop 15 years ago, contrary to all "consensus" predictions?

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

my state is having a multi-year historical drought and on top of that every summer has been slightly hotter than the ones before it for the last 3-4 years

I just love the people who go 'nothing humans do can have any effect.' Like fine we can disagree on the degree of the effect but how much of a buttfucking idiot do you have to be to say humans have no effect on the environment?

Where did humans get billions of years of the Earth's climate history?

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

:firstpost::respek::)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

Where did humans get billions of years of the Earth's climate history?

We can go back like 500 million years fairly accurately through various smart poo poo like taking deep ice core samples in Antarctica and poo poo.

It's true that currently it seems like we're on a natural heat up but even still to deny that humans could possibly have an environmental impact is astounding.

Obv we don't have billions of years of accurate data.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Since the beginning of man, things called "fact" and "science" end up being wrong or different over time, in a hundred years man will look back on today and laugh at how wrong we were the same as how we laugh at what doctors did a hundred years ago. Again 100 years after that, and another and another. Human beings don't know what their talking about.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Prorat posted:

Since the beginning of man, things called "fact" and "science" end up being wrong or different over time, in a hundred years man will look back on today and laugh at how wrong we were the same as how we laugh at what doctors did a hundred years ago. Again 100 years after that, and another and another. Human beings don't know what their talking about.

especially you dumbass

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
God gave us this planet to consume.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
http://chem.tufts.edu/answersinscience/relativityofwrong.htm

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

especially you dumbass

A plastic bag will cost you another 10 cents.

Thank you for stopping global warming with your made up currency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
cavemen didn't understand what stars were so obviously sceintists can't understand anything. checkmate science :smug:

• Locked thread