Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

imgay posted:

Ernie seemed to target a dead person instead of me.

Also Zet seemed to mentioned the scum we found were acting suspicious pretty early on, which I think give him some more credibility.

i was joking about you being able to join my cult

i actually hate your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good thing I voted for ernie then.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Ernie why are you still voting for Merk?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mornacale posted:

Ernie why are you still voting for Merk?

i am in many games?

i forget what merk's sins are, but i'm sure he must have some he can confess to in any game

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Ernie. posted:

i am in many games?

i forget what merk's sins are, but i'm sure he must have some he can confess to in any game

This post does not read like the post of someone who is trying to catch scum.

Ernie, is your masonry confirmed or unconfirmed?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

that post doesn't read like one that makes sense at all

what masonry?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Ernie. posted:

what masonry?

this post doesn't read. I don't read. I am illiterat.e

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We should vote all vote for Ernie, he is in too many games right now and would be a good thing to lighten his load.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

imgay posted:

We should vote all vote for Ernie, he is in too many games right now and would be a good thing to lighten his load.

hmm just what a scum would say

tell me, imgay, why would i, being down one scumfriend, immediately vote another yesterday

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow, if only you used that reasoning on me before you pointed at me you might have reconsidered thinking I'm suspicious.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Ernie. posted:

i am town mornacale

im deflated from my n1 action not working

and now my n2 action is a waste

i am a masonry recruiter, tonight i tried to recruit bird because i thought people were being unnecessarily harsh to them

oops

Ernie. posted:

what masonry?

:what:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

in case you haven't noticed, there's no masonry, so what does it matter what my answer is?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Ernie. posted:

in case you haven't noticed, there's no masonry, so what does it matter what my answer is?

Because in one case it would be really stupid to vote for you today since you would be potentially confirmable overnight.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mornacale posted:

Because in one case it would be really stupid to vote for you today since you would be potentially confirmable overnight.

okay well it's not actually a cult, if i could recruit infinitely and confirm myself to the entire game the role would be silly and broken

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Ernie. posted:

okay well it's not actually a cult, if i could recruit infinitely and confirm myself to the entire game the role would be silly and broken

So just to be clear, even if you successfully use your ability tonight the target won't know if you're scum or town?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mornacale posted:

So just to be clear, even if you successfully use your ability tonight the target won't know if you're scum or town?

just to be clear, this is actually indicative of alignment to you?

what's stopping me from saying 'oh well, actually, they would know my alignment' and then say i was roleblocked or recruited five other dead people?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Ernie. posted:

just to be clear, this is actually indicative of alignment to you?

what's stopping me from saying 'oh well, actually, they would know my alignment' and then say i was roleblocked or recruited five other dead people?

Um no of course it's not indicative of alignment, but on a day where we have at least one good candidate (it's gotta be at least one person in the Pig/Met/imgay group) and it's not LYLO I don't understand why we shouldn't at least consider whether you could be potentially cleared at night. If you tell us in the morning that your target died again then we're back where we are today.

P.S. voting a known townie is hella scummy why are you still doing it

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
How is Merk confirmed town again?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

How is Merk confirmed town again?

I'm voting merk because I think he's played a scummy game. I must be paying way less attention to this game than I thought because I also have no idea why he's confirmed town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What is scummy about my game?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

merk posted:

What is scummy about my game?

I don't feel like you've contributed to scumhunting in a town merk way. You've mostly been coasting.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ernie. posted:

I don't feel like you've contributed to scumhunting in a town merk way. You've mostly been coasting.

That sounds like laziness.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will fully admit I have played like poo poo this game, doing literally no work at any point. I wouldn't call that scummy though. I'm doing it in another game (where I haven't flipped and I won't discuss it). I'm just "not into mafia" that much right now.

If something interesting happened, I could really dive in. I'm usually the person creating the interesting stuff, and I haven't felt compelled to do it in the games I'm currently in.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
merk has played a real lovely game but he is a miller.

Obviously you all don't know for sure that I'm telling the truth, maybe from your perspective Merk and I are buds and I'm inexplicably putting my neck on the chopping block to try to save him, but....I'm not and I think that theory is pretty dumb.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mornacale posted:

merk has played a real lovely game but he is a miller.

Obviously you all don't know for sure that I'm telling the truth, maybe from your perspective Merk and I are buds and I'm inexplicably putting my neck on the chopping block to try to save him, but....I'm not and I think that theory is pretty dumb.

I've fakeclaimed Miller as scum like... five times.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

merk posted:

I've fakeclaimed Miller as scum like... five times.

Ya but not this time.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok then morn, if you are a ROLECOP then you should know my absorb claim is legit because that's the only power I've absorbed yet!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

CapitalistPig posted:

Ok then morn, if you are a ROLECOP then you should know my absorb claim is legit because that's the only power I've absorbed yet!

Yes, exactly why I believe you absorbed n2 but then had to make either the scum kill or the SK kill n3 and hence failed to absorb Met/imgay. I think your later attempt to retcon your ability to say "oh actually there are some powers I can't absorb" smells like a weak grasp at cover, just like when your fakeclaim got caught in Tick Tock. Also that retcon makes absolutely no sense given your earlier insisting over and over that Poque must have made some kind of error:

CapitalistPig posted:

Well then poque hosed up.

Because mine specifically said I used my absorb and then felt like something made me go quicker, but I'd already used my action.

CapitalistPig posted:

Mornacale posted:

Then why didn't you absorb their teleport?
Ask poque.

CapitalistPig posted:

Again, either poque hosed up or someone messed with you. Its not my problem your poo poo didn't work like your pm says.

CapitalistPig posted:

this may not necessarily be true, my role pm does say that there are some actions I won't absorb.

CapitalistPig posted:

no im not, I didnt say it before because it wasnt important until now.

By the way I don't know how many times I'll be able to check back between now and deadline, so in case I can't: Merk voters are bad and CPig voters are good. Even better are people who reread the discussion about the CPig/Met/imgay actions last night and come to their own conclusion about who's scum in that group rather than relying on me. I've already pointed out an imgay post about those three that sits poorly with me if CPig is scum, and I don't love how Met dropped a vote on Pig with little independent analysis and then hosed off for the rest of the day.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Cool cool

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Yeah, the change from "I dunno" to "Sometime's it doesn't work, I've known this all along" doesn't sit well with me. And I'm uneasy about what CPig has said about the rolecop he absorbed on N3.

##Vote CapitalistPig

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Oh

##unvote

Sorry, morn. I really shouldn't have put you in that position where you just couldn't get through to me. I'll pay more attention to your words in the future. :X

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hmm

if cpig is an absorber and hasn't been counter-claimed by morn saying 'well, no, i didn't target cpig' then morn did indeed target cpig at some point and did find out that cpig is an absorber

a passive scum absorber seems a bit pointless? if he's never targeted then he never plays the game...

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

cpig is probably our sk, then, if mornacale visited him n2

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Lol y'all dumb.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Especially morn with his weak "gotcha"

I can't wait to flip and rub it in his face.

Please vote me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
...okay.

Deadline is in the early evening.

Votecount for Day 4

CapitalistPig (3): Met, Mornacale, Mornacale, Mornacale, Zetsubou-san
merk (2): Ernie., CapitalistPig, merk, Ernie.
Ernie. (1): imgay
Mornacale (0): Zetsubou-san, Zetsubou-san

Not Voting (2): Ernie., GulagDolls

There are 8 living players. It takes 5 votes to plorp.

The current deadline is April 23rd, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 hours, 45 minutes.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Ernie. posted:

hmm

if cpig is an absorber and hasn't been counter-claimed by morn saying 'well, no, i didn't target cpig' then morn did indeed target cpig at some point and did find out that cpig is an absorber

a passive scum absorber seems a bit pointless? if he's never targeted then he never plays the game...

To be clear, I targeted him n2 and was told my ability failed (nothing about it being absorbed specifically but I don't think that's meaningful). Given that he was correct about being rolecopped n2, he definitely is telling the truth in part.

I don't think his ability is passive. We know every scum has an active ability in addition to the nightkill, and I think CPig's is to absorb night actions (or possibly just to hide from them). We don't know if his ability was on n1, we know it was on n2, we know it wasn't on n3 (or at least two of Pig/Met/imgay are lying about last night's result, which is weird even if there are multiple bad guys there). Meanwhile, there were 2 kills n1, 1 kill n2, 2 kills n3. That seems like a huge neon arrow pointing toward "active ability plus nightkill" to me.

Also, reminder that CPig is hated today so it takes one fewer vote to kill them. Don't vote him if you're not convinced.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

CapitalistPig posted:

Especially morn with his weak "gotcha"

I can't wait to flip and rub it in his face.

Please vote me.

You're at -1, if you're so excited to flip you have the power to make it happen.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Pig :redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
btw, just for the sake of completeness, I rolecopped Somber last night to try to figure out what the gently caress was up with his "three targets" thing, but y'all know how that turned out.

• Locked thread