Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

On the PC it at least has the chance to rise up above itself and only be mostly bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It'll be a good port of a bad game. Belee dat.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I hope it has the new paid Steam workshop mods so Zack Ryder can upload a CAW of himself and get paid for once.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Shima Honnou posted:

I hope it has the new paid Steam workshop mods so Zack Ryder can upload a CAW of himself and get paid for once.

2k will remove him from the download list as punishment for getting over.

Edit: Oh wait, we're talking about Steam. Gaben will Vince walk over to a computer with a big red button that says "BURY" on it, then press the button.

Fumaofthelake fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 23, 2015

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I wish there was enough of a Japanese console market for NJPW 2K15 :smith:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

get aki to do a njpw game on 3ds

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's very rare to have out right bad ports these days so I'm hopeful.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

RBX posted:

It's very rare to have out right bad ports these days so I'm hopeful.

I have played the original release of the game they are porting, I may have some bad news about the quality of this game independent of the port job.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So in my 1997 TEW scenario, the AI controlled WWF had Animal take the title off HBK after Wrestlemania and hold it for like 6 months, then put it on Kane for the next 4. Guys like Austin and Taker are fighting over the IC title.

I just got a report that WWF is in a tailspin and some people think it will be out of business by the end of the month haha. It's fallen to Cult, the same level as my ECW. I love this game.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

triplexpac posted:

So in my 1997 TEW scenario, the AI controlled WWF had Animal take the title off HBK after Wrestlemania and hold it for like 6 months, then put it on Kane for the next 4. Guys like Austin and Taker are fighting over the IC title.

I just got a report that WWF is in a tailspin and some people think it will be out of business by the end of the month haha. It's fallen to Cult, the same level as my ECW. I love this game.

See what happens when you elevate the midcard titles? (What's happening with WCW?)

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Mod makers love the Road Warriors. The game loves splitting them up.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

See what happens when you elevate the midcard titles? (What's happening with WCW?)

WCW is pretty much business as usual, except the AI was smart enough to somehow get the title off Hogan and then never give it back to him.

Well it's business as usual in the booking sense, not the ACTUAL business sense. They are beating WWF in the Monday Night Wars handily.

The mod makers love Japan though, so AJPW/NJPW clean up in the end of year awards

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I'm loving looking at the 2k15 DLC

NXT stars such as Adam Rose, The Ascension, and JBL

WCW stars like Fit Finlay!

Relive Randy Ortons unforgettable feud with... Christian?

I am psyched by the thought of mark Henry's hall of pain though

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gough Suppressant posted:

That Feud was hilarious though because Christian won the title by getting kicked in the dick.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

uh yeah

and Regal

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

IcePhoenix posted:

That Feud was hilarious though because Christian won the title by getting kicked in the dick.

ONE! MORE! MATCH!!!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I'm loving looking at the 2k15 DLC

NXT stars such as Adam Rose, The Ascension, and JBL

and almost none half of it in the season pass! whoo!

e: i amended my post to be more accurate

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Hall of Pain is probably the worst of the DLC for it from everything I've seen and heard.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

So has anyone seen that they put up a WWE2k15 version for iOS? it's...not good but at least it lets you do wrestlemoves with the wrestlemen that you like.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Retromancer posted:

So has anyone seen that they put up a WWE2k15 version for iOS? it's...not good but at least it lets you do wrestlemoves with the wrestlemen that you like.

Nakamura is in it?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

So has the Extreme Rules challenge completely broken dailies for anyone else? I've had this win 5 matches one for the last two days and it just keeps resetting itself to 0/5, even if I've just finished a Main Event.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

Snacksmaniac posted:

How hard is that to translate? I'd like to get an actual cart and maybe stream some on twitch. Isn't the region blocking just physical tabs?
I have a Gameshark and a DexDrive (lol) so I can transfer saves easily as well.

Just do what I did and learn katakana. It's all you really need for most Japanese wrestling games. It's how they write foreign words, so it's not like reading Japanese words and knowing the language. It's just so you can read the difference between "powabombu" and "pairudoraiba" (powerbomb and piledriver) and "sebu" and "rodo" (save and load) and poo poo like that. You just have to read it phonetically and it's just like reading something written in English in a hard Japanese accent. It's pretty easy to learn. I picked it up in a day back in the prime era of Japanese wrestling games so I didn't have to rely on the internet for translations and I could get games when they came out.

Madtrixr posted:

I will admit that I was not a fan of having to face Johnny Ace and Bart Gunn every other week. But teaming with Vader helps with that.

Vader as victory road tag partner 4 life

Thauros posted:

I wish there was enough of a Japanese console market for NJPW 2K15 :smith:

Wrestle Kingdom 3 please

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Check out the new cards for WWE Immortals.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
"It'll be a bad port of a bad game."

Except it'll be infinitely modifiable because it'll be on the PC. Reason enough to spend forty five bucks right there. Imagine the matches you'll be able to have in the future with full correct animations, music, videos, lighting, and models, everything! Straight Edge Society vs Three Minute Warning. Insane Clown Posse vs Cryme Tyme. Kevin Steen vs Colt Cabana vs Chris Jericho. Sean Oliver vs Tom Phillips. Dean Ambrose vs Jon Moxley. Seth Rollins vs Jon Stewart. Owen Hart vs Chris Benoit. 30 totally different Randy Ortons in a Royal Rumble. Bugs Bunny vs Sonic the Hedgehog. Vegeta vs the ERROR model from Gmod. DickButt vs Grumpy Cat. Batista's Dick vs Naked Mae Young. The possibilities are endless and horrible! That's worth the price of admission as far as I'm concerned!

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Liar Lyre posted:

Check out the new cards for WWE Immortals.

Roman God Big E owns, that should be his actual gimmick.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I like how they didn't even bother to render Big E's face and used it on the same body.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Skunkrocker posted:

Except it'll be infinitely modifiable because it'll be on the PC. Reason enough to spend forty five bucks right there. Imagine the matches you'll be able to have in the future with full correct animations, music, videos, lighting, and models, everything! Straight Edge Society vs Three Minute Warning. Insane Clown Posse vs Cryme Tyme. Kevin Steen vs Colt Cabana vs Chris Jericho. Sean Oliver vs Tom Phillips. Dean Ambrose vs Jon Moxley. Seth Rollins vs Jon Stewart. Owen Hart vs Chris Benoit. 30 totally different Randy Ortons in a Royal Rumble. Bugs Bunny vs Sonic the Hedgehog. Vegeta vs the ERROR model from Gmod. DickButt vs Grumpy Cat. Batista's Dick vs Naked Mae Young. The possibilities are endless and horrible! That's worth the price of admission as far as I'm concerned!

Mods cost money now, sorry friend.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

even if it were "infinitely moddable" which is not a thing you still cant mod poo poo gameplay into something good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

"yeah this sweet era-accurate lighting is really cool for the five seconds I'm noticing it oh ok now time to play the same drat match that this series has been offering since 2002"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skunkrocker posted:

We have no idea how modifiable it will be at this point. Seeing as it's working off of cobbled together code that's at least fifteen loving years old now, the entire thing is probably a god drat horrible mess that will be a nightmare to do anything with. Then people will have to care enough to actually make those mods, if it's even possible to do so, for this suck rear end game that no one actually likes. And then on top of that, with Steam's new platform, you'll get to pay to buy those mods.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
You won't pay for mods because any mods that do eventually exist sure won't be through the steam workshop as they'll be whatever people can hack together with zero developer assistance

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
WWE 2k15 bad

Comprehensive list of other PC wrestling games: M. Dickie games

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TheJoker138 posted:

And then on top of that, with Steam's new platform, you'll get to pay to buy those mods.
Because there isn't a massive free database for mods that have nothing to do with Steam or anything. :nexus:

Skunkrocker posted:

30 totally different Randy Ortons in a Royal Rumble.

This, but 30 Randy Savages.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
it's gonna be really crazy good after they give us example modding tools, full access to the file formats and years of constant community support for this one game

I mean the base gameplay is still gonna be awkward and restricted with no flow or any semblance of attempting to offer an interesting gameplay experience but w/e I'm gonna be able to have Uncle Elmer dance with the G-Man in a decade

ps: if you have a PC you can emulate basically any previous wrestling game, ever, worth a drat, many of which have comprehensive lists of user-created content or mods, please don't settle for less because it's on your TV this year

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

how bad are we talking 2k15 to be?

What in particular is so bad?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

TheJoker138 posted:

Then people will have to care enough to actually make those mods
People were doing mods on the console versions with what little they had to work with, literally the CAWs!

Look at those loving renders, you mean to tell me that people aren't dedicated enough to rip the game code apart to figure out how to replace models, textures, videos, etc? You're a loving idiot if you think this game isn't going to be reverse engineered immediately and modified just like the PC Raw game that came out years ago that people are still to this day making mods for because they loving can. Hell, people have been modifying ALL of the games that can be emulated! This mod here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jjJbYiq7dk
Created in 2014. Yeah, as in some time in the past sixteen months. For a game that came out fifteen years ago. So I don't even see how you could think that WWE 2K15 won't get modded to hell and back. I mean... I just... how loving dumb are you?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

You really want this lovely game that everyone hates to get the same amount of attention as No Mercy, which is widely accepted as the best WWE game ever made? People will make CAWs sure. But that's going to be it. They aren't going to be able to change the fact that the game sucks to play, and no one is going to take the time to do it even if it is possible. Because the game sucks and no one likes it. I'm sorry that you want it to be good so bad, but it's not going to be even with all the modding in the world. Also maybe you should calm down about wrassling games when you're hurling insults about them, man.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
People will mod anything regardless of quality. :lol: if you legit think "CAWs will be it" for a PC release of a WWE game. Modding communities will work on it if it's moddable, not just if it's great, and not just if there's demand for it. Especially if actual mod tools are released.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

People will mod anything regardless of quality. :lol: if you legit think "CAWs will be it" for a PC release of a WWE game. Modding communities will work on it if it's moddable, not just if it's great, and not just if there's demand for it. Especially if actual mod tools are released.

Are they actually releasing mod tools? This seems to be something they're just kind of making GBS threads out six months later without doing any real work to it beyond including the DLC. And I'm sure there will be a ton of crappy mods for it, but nothing short of an entire rebuild is going to fix the actual way the game plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

A lot of games with robust modding communities have no official end-user tools