Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ixt is scum. ##vote Ixt

Game is good already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:siren: RED ALERT :siren:

In order to arrive at the Argolis Cluster, the Enterprise must pass through the Tremendous Taste nebula. The nebula is beautiful and was named because of its immense size and its concentration of delicium particles, which several cultures collect to add as an aromatic spice to food.

Much of the nebula remains uncharted; however, there is a route through which should not cause many problems as long as the Enterprise does not exceed Warp 3.

It will take several hours to pass through the gaseous cloud, but less than 90 minutes in the ship is rocked by a sudden collision. The Captain calls a red alert and raises the shields, but there has been damage to the primary sensor array. The ship comes to a full stop while engineering attempts to work on the problem.

An hour later Data and Commander Laforge give a briefing for the senior staff. It seems that a rogue pocket of delicium particles has collided with the ship's main deflector dish. It has damaged the dish and given it a spicy aroma. They conclude that it cannot be repaired from inside the ship, and without it the Enterprise will be flying blind. Before they can go any further someone must suit up and go outside the ship to scrub the deflector dish of particles.

This mission isn't particularly dangerous, but will take someone away from their duties for several hours. The crew must decide who they can spare for this task.

You may nominate another player for this mission by typing ##nominate. The first player who receives 7 nominations will go on the mission.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

AXE COP posted:

I can tell you that my current win condition is not particularly anti-town. Many things are subject to change however... :speculate:

If you win right now, are you removed from the game?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##nominate axe cop

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
nominate me you fuckers

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

HiipFire posted:

nominate me you fuckers

##nominate hiipfire?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Can I nominate myself?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

HiipFire posted:

Can I nominate myself?

Sure.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
##nominate ernie happy retirement ernie

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
##nominate HiipFire

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

HiipFire posted:

Can I nominate myself?

Doesn't look like. "Another player"

##nominate VivaNova

Who Should I Nominate?: 1d25 25

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Send me. My childish innocence and genius will ensure that the mission is a success!

Or I'll die horribly and you won't have to listen to me whine about not being on the bridge.

## nominate wesley amnistar

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Or mod says yes, whatever.

I don't want Hiipfire going, and I don't like his volunteering. I'm reminded of Golgotha, where scum volunteered early and often to go on the daily events.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Dude how about you just scumread everyone

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Amnistar posted:

Send me. My childish innocence and genius will ensure that the mission is a success!

Or I'll die horribly and you won't have to listen to me whine about not being on the bridge.

## nominate wesley amnistar

Another volunteer to watch out for.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

HiipFire posted:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also my questions are super serious!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

HiipFire posted:

Nice, resort to attacking me instead of the comment.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Ok let me respond

You're dumb, you're wrong, I'm town, eat my butt nerd

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Send me guys. Best case being a genius affects the mission. Worst case I die.

Either way we win!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Is a butt nerd a nerd who knows like everything about butts?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
yes

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
RED ALERT NOMINATIONS

Hiipfire (2): Somberbrero, Hiipfire
AXE COP (1): Pinterest Mom
Ernie (1): Rascyc
VivaNova (1): Byers
Amnistar (1): Amnistar

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Whether or not he actually knows everything about Butta is irrelevant. He claims to know everything however.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

HiipFire posted:

Ok let me respond

I crumple before your rapier wit and superior logic.

AXE COP, if you win right now, are you removed from the game?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

HiipFire posted:

Ok let me respond

Still attacking me, the player, and trying to ignore the case, now that I look at it again. Hiipfire's scum, y'all.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
way to miss the obvious joke

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Byers2142 posted:

Doesn't look like. "Another player"

##nominate VivaNova

Who Should I Nominate?: 1d25 25

i sincerely do not care for people using RNG like this, it's such an easy way to avoid culpability

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

i sincerely do not care for people using RNG like this, it's such an easy way to avoid culpability

I sincerely do not like anyone's play in this game, since people have decided to play a character popularity contest over actually playing Mafia. I know one player that is 100% mod-confirmed town, but wasn't going to reveal them by nominating them, so I RNG'ed it because I had no one else I really wanted to send.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I am willing to go into space for the good of the town.

I read being away from the duties as either not being able to post, or possibly losing a night action (maybe like being jailed). Either way, it shouldn't affect me much.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Byers2142 posted:

I sincerely do not like anyone's play in this game, since people have decided to play a character popularity contest over actually playing Mafia.
I'm so happy you think that your way of approaching Q is the only correct way to approach it

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

It's a minigame not his vote though

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

HiipFire posted:

I'm so happy you think that your way of approaching Q is the only correct way to approach it

It's the only way put forward so far that doesn't involve a love for the character influencing or (in most cases) outright deciding how the players are voting, yes. Sometimes the majority is just wrong. This is one of those times.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

I sincerely do not like anyone's play in this game, since people have decided to play a character popularity contest over actually playing Mafia. I know one player that is 100% mod-confirmed town, but wasn't going to reveal them by nominating them, so I RNG'ed it because I had no one else I really wanted to send.

##vote Byers2142

Others have pointed out that the mod says flavor and alignment are linked. The flavor of Q means he is very likely unkillable. So not only are you tunneling on a 3rd party, the town is doubly not going to get much information when Axe Cop isn't killed. This seems like an ideal play for scum.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
##nominate Byers

:byewhore:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rascyc posted:

It's a minigame not his vote though

Doesn't change Somber's point, which isn't a bad one. If Viva gets sent and turns out to be scum and does something to gently caress with town, my defense could be that I wasn't sending a scumbro because I RNG'ed it. That's a valid argument, that scum might hide behind an RNG.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Byers is scum. I will put together a D1 case later and it will knock your loving socks off.

In the meantime, who wants me to nominate them and why?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rascyc posted:

##nominate ernie happy retirement ernie

i am okay with this, i've always known that i am the one true astronaut

people, folks, brothers, friends, asiina, ask yourself if there was ever a moment when my logic didn't seem to come from outer space

send me home

##nominate ernutetnoiraud

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

AXE COP posted:

##nominate Byers

nominate me you dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Orvin posted:

##vote Byers2142

Others have pointed out that the mod says flavor and alignment are linked. The flavor of Q means he is very likely unkillable. So not only are you tunneling on a 3rd party, the town is doubly not going to get much information when Axe Cop isn't killed. This seems like an ideal play for scum.

I'm a lover; lynch me, two town die.

AXE COP posted:

##nominate Byers

And you have this guy who's ignoring question and playing anti-town, but "He's Q" is the only reason people aren't voting him. He's not town, he's not working with town, and he's where our vote should be. This is the hill I'm planting my flag on today, and am willing to die on over.

• Locked thread