Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

It has nothing at all to do with any of that.

It's a totally weird cliffhanger then!

Look at that thing..

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I forgot that Superman #40 hasn't dropped yet, it might be spinning out of that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

It doesn't look like it builds out of anything going on right now as far as I can tell. Superman told Jimmy who he was but beyond that I see nothing connected.

Which was really cool. I think they should have ran with Jimmy knowing and being his confidant.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Has there been a single supporting character worse served by the Nu52 than Lois Lane? Because god drat, what exactly did this woman do to the current writers exactly.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Has there been a single supporting character worse served by the Nu52 than Lois Lane? Because god drat, what exactly did this woman do to the current writers exactly.

Be a woman.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Unmature posted:

Be a woman.

Sadly, this was going to be my guess

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Now, now, it doesn't all come down to misogyny, there is a heaping helping of resentment at Lois for being the subject of "Why can't people recognize superman in glasses?" jokes that keep people from seeing comics as a seriously adult medium with blood and everything.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
She also dared to be married to him and be his equal.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Unmature posted:

Be a woman.

I was going to say "be a character who is married to a superhero" but this too.

edit: beaten

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Who's the narrator there? Braniac?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Deadpool posted:

I understand, those are the spoilers I was referring to. I was wondering what led to it. Because that seems like something that would be extremely out of character. Or at least the version of the character I'm familiar with.

When Lois was temporarily psychic because of Braniac or whatever the gently caress was going on with that story, she discovered Superman's secret identity and basically told him straight out, "Oh, as soon as I'm able to I'm telling everyone. That's news, pal." She then got attacked by the Parasite and lost her psychicness and also some of the memories that went along with it, but a willingness to share that particular secret with the world is already established in nu52 Lois.

I don't particularly care for nu52 Lois.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think I read Greg Pak was going to use Lois in Action Comics before Lobdell made his plans for her. I'll just say if Lana Lang took her place, it worked out great for her. That character is fantastic now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm catching up on Avengers and New Avengers for Secret Wars and I just got to "Eight Months Later". I know that Thor lost his hammer becaus Nick Fury told him a secret that made him unworthy and Sam Wilson is Cap because Steve had the serum removed ~somehow~. Were there any other game changers I should be aware of? Like all the SHIELD taking over the Avengers and Sue joining up, that all happened in the flashfoward right, not in other books? Also, what did all the other ongoings do, did they skip ahead, or just have regular adventures in the gap?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

I'm catching up on Avengers and New Avengers for Secret Wars and I just got to "Eight Months Later". I know that Thor lost his hammer becaus Nick Fury told him a secret that made him unworthy and Sam Wilson is Cap because Steve had the serum removed ~somehow~. Were there any other game changers I should be aware of? Like all the SHIELD taking over the Avengers and Sue joining up, that all happened in the flashfoward right, not in other books? Also, what did all the other ongoings do, did they skip ahead, or just have regular adventures in the gap?

Those two books are the only ones that skipped ahead. Avengers World has been filling in some of the gap for a while.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zoux posted:

Apparently Scott Summers is the sovereign of "Nation X," but I don't think that's come up in the X-Men books yet. And Tony is even more of a giant gapping rear end in a top hat because of Inversion. None of the other ongoings skipped ahead, so Avengers/New Avengers is taking place in the future.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Apparently Scott Summers is the sovereign of "Nation X," but I don't think that's come up in the X-Men books yet. And Tony is even more of a giant gapping rear end in a top hat because of Inversion. None of the other ongoings skipped ahead, so Avengers/New Avengers is taking place in the future.

Is Scott's phoenix egg anywhere in the X-Books?

Also, is there a thread/resource talking about what the publishing schedule is going to look like during Secret Wars? I glean that all the current ongoings are ending so are they just going to publish a shitload of minis or what?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

I glean that all the current ongoings are ending so are they just going to publish a shitload of minis or what?
And from all the pre-news, most of them sound goddamn fun.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

redbackground posted:

And from all the pre-news, most of them sound goddamn fun.

Are they going to be overall publishing fewer books during the event than they are now?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Is Scott's phoenix egg anywhere in the X-Books?

No, not even the vaguest hint of it.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

No, not even the vaguest hint of it.

Uncanny #600 has a lot of work to do if Bendis wants to even bother trying to set things up for Secret Wars. :allears:

zoux posted:

Also, is there a thread/resource talking about what the publishing schedule is going to look like during Secret Wars? I glean that all the current ongoings are ending so are they just going to publish a shitload of minis or what?

There was a "rebooting the Marvel universe" thread but it's fallen off into the mists of time someplace. My advice would be to check out solicits for the coming months. :shrug:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Are they going to be overall publishing fewer books during the event than they are now?
Doesn't look like it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Uncanny #600 has a lot of work to do if Bendis wants to even bother trying to set things up for Secret Wars. :allears:
Bendis doesn't have to set anything up. He can end it however he wants (provided he doesn't do something like kill Scott) and let someone else fill in the interim between the end and 8 months later.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

A Tin Of Beans posted:

There was a "rebooting the Marvel universe" thread but it's fallen off into the mists of time someplace. My advice would be to check out solicits for the coming months. :shrug:

Well I checked out May/June solicits, is it a safe bet to assume all the #1's are probably SW related?

The reason I'm asking all this stuff is because I'm planning on using this reboot (or whatever) to finally get into reading comics contemporarily. Until now I read almost exclusively TPBs/Marvel U. I guess my plan is to pick up the Secret Wars books as well as the minis that look interesting to me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

zoux posted:

Well I checked out May/June solicits, is it a safe bet to assume all the #1's are probably SW related?

The reason I'm asking all this stuff is because I'm planning on using this reboot (or whatever) to finally get into reading comics contemporarily. Until now I read almost exclusively TPBs/Marvel U. I guess my plan is to pick up the Secret Wars books as well as the minis that look interesting to me.
Yeah. They all have Secret Wars logos on the cover, so it's pretty easy to tell. You're going about it mostly right, but be sure to check the creators before buying anything. I just know that's going to annoy me trying to figure out what I want.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah. They all have Secret Wars logos on the cover, so it's pretty easy to tell. You're going about it mostly right, but be sure to check the creators before buying anything. I just know that's going to annoy me trying to figure out what I want.

Certain ones already appeal to me. Like Old Man Logan, World War Hulk, 90's cartoon X-men, and so on. I could give a gently caress about 2099 or A-force or whatever. If some of them turn out to be really good I may go back and check them out, but I assume this will be like any other company-wide in the sense that the main story will be wholly contained in the Secret Wars books (and I guess if Avengers/NA keep going?) and the tie-ins are just going to be kind of bonus stories where nothing critical to the main storyline happens.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

You asked about this in the general thread yesterday and I pointed you to this thread for it. Somewhere on the last couple of pages someone made a spreadsheet of all the titles. Some will keep going as Secret Wars tie-ins. Some will be interrupted by minis and will return to regular or new numbering after. Some will be gone. Some will go on without being tied into Secret Wars at all. And I'm pretty sure there's been some announcements that have come out in the last couple weeks that are not incorporated yet.

EDIT: Here's the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B7dL9vj-wYwg1zR9CBKWecD5jiTIrWGLuZp1fELLF1g/edit#gid=0

X-O fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 28, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Thanks! This is going to be real expensive huh :whitewater:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just bury your head in the sand for the next six months and read it all on unlimited. You just need to avoid every single website for half a year, easy peasy.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I was wondering: with Hank Pym's growing and shrinking powers, has there ever been a story parodying Alice in Wonderland?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm a big fan of the older books built around one off stories and rotating cast members from Marvel like Marvel Team-Up, Marvel Two-In-One, Marvel Premiere, Marvel Fanfare, Marvel Comics Presents, and all the various volumes of those books. Are there are any other Marvel titles like those that I'm forgetting? Even if they only ran for like a half dozen issues or so.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Marvel Triple Feature.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Marvel Triple Feature.

Wasn't that just a reprint series? I asked originally because I'm trying out Unlimited for the free month and came across Marvel Double Shot, which is only four issues, and enjoyed it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Deadpool posted:

I'm a big fan of the older books built around one off stories and rotating cast members from Marvel like Marvel Team-Up, Marvel Two-In-One, Marvel Premiere, Marvel Fanfare, Marvel Comics Presents, and all the various volumes of those books. Are there are any other Marvel titles like those that I'm forgetting? Even if they only ran for like a half dozen issues or so.

Bendis wrote 13(? I think) issues of Ultimate Marvel team-up featuring Ultimate Spidey and a rotating cast, I think it was mostly two parters, but no overarching story line. I'd say the quality is about par with his Ultimate Spidey stuff, so pretty good. The only real problem with it is it introduced a ton of Ultimate versions of characters that I don't think were different enough from their 616 versions.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

Wasn't that just a reprint series? I asked originally because I'm trying out Unlimited for the free month and came across Marvel Double Shot, which is only four issues, and enjoyed it.

Possibly. Have you looked at the 80's Strange Tales series?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Skwirl posted:

Bendis wrote 13(? I think) issues of Ultimate Marvel team-up featuring Ultimate Spidey and a rotating cast, I think it was mostly two parters, but no overarching story line. I'd say the quality is about par with his Ultimate Spidey stuff, so pretty good. The only real problem with it is it introduced a ton of Ultimate versions of characters that I don't think were different enough from their 616 versions.

They ended up walking back a few of them when they wanted to introduce those characters differently later on, like the F4.

I really wish the Ultimate universe did more to make a unique Daredevil, that always felt like a missed opportunity to me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Oh I definitely have that one. I'm kind of an unabashed Ultimate fan and own the trades for ever single thing in that Universe.

Rhyno posted:

Possibly. Have you looked at the 80's Strange Tales series?

I have not, but I'll check it out.

I know by the their very nature they probably sell like poo poo but I don't care. We need a new Marvel Team-Up and more anthology style books. Get on it Marvel!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Guardians Team Up is he current "Team-Up" book. Once the GotG hype machine finally dies theyll probaby reboot it into a new version.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Rhyno posted:

Guardians Team Up is he current "Team-Up" book. Once the GotG hype machine finally dies theyll probaby reboot it into a new version.

I'm guessing Inhumans Team-Up or maybe Captain Marvel Team-Up might be next

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dacap posted:

I'm guessing Inhumans Team-Up or maybe Captain Marvel Team-Up might be next

Well we had Avenging Spider-man, Superior Team-Up, Savage Wolverine and Savage Hulk. I'm sure we'll get some variation based on the next film that isn't Ant-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Deadpool posted:

A+X had generally positive reactions, but I never read it, and only just this minute remembered it existed.